Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Guy A. Person posted:

Getting super defensive of the Switch is very dumb but "you need baby hands to play this" is like a 2001-era "xbox is huge lol" level joke, and should probably stay on reddit or the ign boards or wherever else

My 7 year old cousin handed me his to play fortnite for a while and it reminded me of trying to play games with the analog stick on the original PSP, only every input was just as annoying as the analog stick. Sorry I guess lol. He loves it, you can too. I'll just have to make do with being able to touch my thumb and forefinger while gripping a pack of sweetarts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gavok posted:

They did a What If issue about Osborn getting the Infinity Gauntlet and it was amazing. At first he uses it for world domination and to torture Spider-Man. Then he pulls his abusive father out of the past to show off how much of a success he is. His dad is understandably freaked out and calls him a monster. Osborn reacts by making him love him via the Gauntlet.

Thanos shows up to fight Osborn for the Gauntlet and fails, but brings up how forcing someone to love you is bullshit and isn't real love. Realizing that his father will never truly love him, he vanishes his dad from history out of frustration.

Then he suddenly realizes, OH WAIT, and ceases to exist, leaving the Gauntlet to float around space.

Osborn's really good at accidentally killing himself.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Intel&Sebastian posted:

My 7 year old cousin handed me his to play fortnite for a while and it reminded me of trying to play games with the analog stick on the original PSP, only every input was just as annoying as the analog stick. Sorry I guess lol. He loves it, you can too. I'll just have to make do with being able to touch my thumb and forefinger while gripping a pack of sweetarts.

No need to apologize, just maybe take this hilarious video game commentary to the GameFAQs boards circe 2005 where they will really appreciate it

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
maybe if you try the burn a third time it will be good

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Guy A. Person posted:

Getting super defensive of the Switch is very dumb but "you need baby hands to play this" is like a 2001-era "xbox is huge lol" level joke, and should probably stay on reddit or the ign boards or wherever else

To be fair, the original Xbox is pretty goddamn huge. The original model PS3 was massive too.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Intel&Sebastian posted:

maybe if you try the burn a third time it will be good

eh I'll probably just give up now, since your burns weren't good after 5 or 6 tries :smith:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Lobok posted:

Osborn's really good at accidentally killing himself.

it also hews pretty closely to the plot of Infinity Gauntlet to begin with

don't read that post if you don't want inevitable spoilers for Endgame

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Fortnite is terrible on the Switch, it’s basically there because Chance the Rapper wanted it and then it became a meme.

It’s a glorious haven for indie games though, mainly due to its portable factor and Nintendo finally chilling out about their policies on them. I still laugh about how Binding of Isaac wasn’t even allowed on the 3DS at first and now it’s one of the biggest games on the Switch.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Darko posted:

What no it doesn't. It's a game made entirely of bad and too long cutscenes (the fighting is also based on winning by interactive cutscene). The only "good" parts are watching scenes from Disney movies over again.

Kingdom Hearts 3 was amazing

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Cease to Hope posted:

Bioware Austin already made Old Republic, and even the expansions for it aren't great.

Also they've got a new game coming (probably?) out this year from Respawn.

And their other Star Wars game is what touched off the whole loot box topic of the last year. Not to mention the 2-3 Star Wars games they’ve just outright cancelled, included one that was an Uncharted reskin.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/1105907394276515840

I dunno how they're gonna squeeze Captain Marvel in here but I'd be shocked if Brie didn't show up in some capacity. Now get Rami Malek or Lakeith Stanfield to play the villain and we're golden.

edit: just for reference, here is the cast of Short Term 12:

Brie Larson (post-Scott Pilgrim, pre-Room)
Rami Malek (pre-Mr. Robot/Freddie Mercury)
Stephanie Beatriz (pre-Brooklyn 99)
Lakeith Stanfield (pre-Atlanta)
Kaitlyn Dever (after the first season of Last Man Standing)

and John Gallagher Jr. prior to The Newsroom airing, who was arguably the second most popular person in the cast (save the brief appearance from Melora Walters) at the time of filming because of his stage career.

In short, Destin Daniel Cretton can cast the gently caress out of a movie.

DC Murderverse fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 13, 2019

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Finally, we will see Fu-Manchu on the big screen again.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

WB/Fandango are doing nationwide early screenings of Shazam on March 23rd. Most of the bigger theaters around me have screenings that day at 4PM and 7PM. I can't go though :rip:

Check here to see listings near you: https://www.fandango.com/fandango-early-access-shazam-217728/movie-overview

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

teagone posted:

WB is doing nationwide early screenings of Shazam on March 23rd. Most of the bigger theaters around me have screenings that day at 4PM and 7PM. I can't go though :rip:

i'm really annoyed because I'm flying from LA to Chicago that day which means that I'll be in two different cities that have multiple theaters showing the movie but I'm not gonna be able to see it.

On the bright side, early preview showings like this are generally a sign that the studio is confident in the movie so it's good to know that they think they have a hit on their hands

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I can't go because it's my grandma's bday that day and I don't want to be an rear end in a top hat and leave her party early lol.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Use the wisdom of Solomon, and cut your grandma in half and bring half of her to the movie

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Use the wisdom of Solomon, and cut your grandma in half and bring half of her to the movie
drat, should have included that in my Snyderpost.

Good DC trinity being WW, Aquaman and Shazam is super funny to me.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Gotta post pictures of your hands so we can call you an ogre or somethin

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1105920725615931392

This is our third? Deathstroke in what? Five years?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Crisis of Infinite Deathstrokes

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Joe Manganiello doesn't really count, and Arrow has sucked for a while now.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

MonsieurChoc posted:

Finally, we will see Fu-Manchu on the big screen again.

It should just be Guy Pierce again.

"What, I am Chinese, mate!"

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fourth if you count Ryan Reynolds, fifth if you count Will Arnett

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Grendels Dad posted:

It should just be Guy Pierce again.

"What, I am Chinese, mate!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AMiGIzoeBg

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

teagone posted:

WB/Fandango are doing nationwide early screenings of Shazam on March 23rd. Most of the bigger theaters around me have screenings that day at 4PM and 7PM. I can't go though :rip:

Check here to see listings near you: https://www.fandango.com/fandango-early-access-shazam-217728/movie-overview

This is awesome, thanks for posting, I am going to try to go. Best part is we are doing Captain Marvel that week, so I can bookend my week with two Captain Marvels!

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I thought this characters name was slade

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

FilthyImp posted:

Good DC trinity being WW, Aquaman and Shazam is super funny to me.

Aquaman doesn’t really count. Ignoring the logos at the start, it’s 100% a Transformers movie.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Calibanibal posted:

I thought this characters name was slade

Yes, Slade Wilson. Deathstroke The Terminator is his professional name.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Haha, so in the cartoon they're just calling him by his first name. Like having a villain named Doug

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

The MSJ posted:

Yes, Slade Wilson. Deathstroke The Terminator is his professional name.

Because just "Deathstroke" wasn't quite enough, it lacked that certain Oomph you know?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Just use archive footage of John Wayne as Genghis Khan and dub over it

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Esai Morales is the loving man tho, I'm totally down with this casting.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I went to Google to check Shazam's release date and noticed something.

Well, it's not technically wrong.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Detective No. 27 posted:

I went to Google to check Shazam's release date and noticed something.

Well, it's not technically wrong.

Then who's playing Billy Baston?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Edward Mass posted:

Then who's playing Billy Baston?

Brie Larson. She got really confused when signing contracts a couple years ago.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Aquaman doesn’t really count. Ignoring the logos at the start, it’s 100% a Transformers movie.

Look, if they can crap out an Edgar Wright Blue Beetle movie (to analogue the Batman role) then sure. Until then I'll settle for SeaGuy with Sharksplosions.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'd love a scene of Ted Kord watching the events of Man of Steel on TV and having the total opposite reaction to Bruce Wayne.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'd love a scene of Ted Kord watching the events of Man of Steel on TV and having the total opposite reaction to Bruce Wayne.

Is he going to have an erection? Like Bruce Wayne watching the Smilex ad in Tim Burton's Batman?

By the way, China gets a new Shazam trailer with some new scenes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufhUmV7HgEY
I love that Sivana is oblivious to what type of movie he's in.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The MSJ posted:

Is he going to have an erection? Like Bruce Wayne watching the Smilex ad in Tim Burton's Batman?

By the way, China gets a new Shazam trailer with some new scenes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufhUmV7HgEY
I love that Sivana is oblivious to what type of movie he's in.

Ok not so much total opposite, but you know, sees footage of Superman fighting the imperialist aliens and decides he's on our side and doesn't go full Cheney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

FilthyImp posted:

Look, if they can crap out an Edgar Wright Blue Beetle movie (to analogue the Batman role) then sure. Until then I'll settle for SeaGuy with Sharksplosions.

The point’s not that Aquaman is dumb. The point is that it’s both a borderline remake of T5: The Last Knight, and extremely weird.

Like, just for starters, Aquaman is not a superhero movie. The ‘Aquaman V Black Manta’ part is a minor subplot, while the actual narrative is about a Deep One named Arthur who goes on this Campbellian ‘inner journey’ of self-realization.

Atlantis in the film is basically Oz. There is no compatibility between it and the world of Kansas that Clark Kent hails from. You have something like the overlapping fantasies of Interstellar.