Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
just lmao if you don't wanna clear a fight where your only source of damage is the curse from waver's np

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

ZiegeDame posted:

just lmao if you don't wanna clear a fight where your only source of damage is the curse from waver's np

Crasical posted:

"Huh, my servants keep dying before they hit the halfway point of this challenge quest. I wonder how I can make a team more survivable."
>Merlin, Tamamo, Waver
"Ah, this is good. I have an answer for her attacks chipping health away and I can block her NP with Memelin.
>20 turns later
"Oh no why did I do this to myself."

LEARN FROM MY MISTAKES.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Bless whichever goon has a Nobu with a maxed-out Guda-O craft essence on their friend's list. BLESS.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Roger Explosion posted:

Bless whichever goon has a Nobu with a maxed-out Guda-O craft essence on their friend's list. BLESS.

Are you talking about points? Because Okita gives the most points, and there are plenty of people with a MLB Guda-O.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

BlazeEmblem posted:

Are you talking about points? Because Okita gives the most points, and there are plenty of people with a MLB Guda-O.
Yeah but the only good archer I have is Arash and I have multiple sabers to kill and I am not good enough at video games yet to not rely on the friend's list units.

The gatcha did just bless me with two Emiyas but everything, including juicing-up new units, is on hold until I've gotten all the Nobus and cleaned out as much of the store as I can. Glad I got him too because he's literally the only character I knew of before getting into this game.

Roger Explosion fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Mar 14, 2019

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
That might be mine? I dunno how many people have limit-broken their Guda-O from last year.

Magical Bee
Jul 30, 2013

Magical Bee posted:

I'm not sad, but I'm starting to think I'm never going to get an SSR Saber :sigh:

:stare: Single-ticked Jeanne yesterday, single-ticketed Okita today. I'm never rolling an SSR again, am I?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
please imagine i am ur avatar and ur face is being stomped on lucker!! :argh:

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

Magical Bee posted:

:stare: Single-ticked Jeanne yesterday, single-ticketed Okita today. I'm never rolling an SSR again, am I?

On the contrary, see how long you can keep the streak going.

Also, congrats :)

Ezelek
Apr 30, 2006

I raised you, and loved you, I've given you weapons, taught you techniques, endowed you with knowledge. There's nothing more for me to give you. All that's left for you to take is my life.
So I decided that I wasn't going to roll for Okita so I have a handful of 5* Sabers, and I've just lucked out getting Proto-Arthur in only a few 10 rolls, no whaling necessary. I was smashing the FP gacha to try and get some of the bronze CEs to at least help with the event clear, with about as much luck as anyone has getting a specific CE out of the FP gacha. The baby was asleep and I'd finished all the usual housework for my dayoff, so I figured I'd go hard for a little bit on this until whatever loving cropped up and it became forgotten.

The phone rings, a private number, and I answer it because sometimes it's calls from work or doctors or something important enough - Nope. Just a casual prank call. After finishing up with that bullshit, I flicked back to the game and smashed the summon button and the accompanying prompt.... and whoops - moving out of the game to the Call app and then back to the game had moved it back to main gacha - Annoyed at myself, because there's 30 squartz thrown away. It's the usual trash in the first few, I can just FEEL the min roll coming on, then..

GUDAGUDA Poster Girl. Nice! At least I can now farm the gold material a little more efficiently! I feel less bad about my mistake. Gold Archer turns up, my mind races trying to remember who the gently caress is on rateup but there he is, hello NP4 Emiya, my good cooking lad, thanks for coming home again. Another GGPG! Two 5*s in a single roll? Even nicer! Satisfied, I let the remaining 3 roll by without a care in the world - 3* CE, 3* CE, gold lightning... gold Saber...

And so now I have an Okita, and true fear has set in, because now I'm going to have to gacha roll whenever I get pranked as this is my true catalyst.

Thanks for reading my smol novel about pressing 1 button wrong.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

okay who killed the game

HiKaizer
Feb 2, 2012

Yes!
I finally understand everything there is to know about axes!
I didn't get Okita but I did get NP2 Sanzang.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Nobunaga has finally gone and done it, she’s blown the servers up, the maniac.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Apparently they had to do unscheduled maintenance, but it should be back up now.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Dropped three 10-rolls into the Chaldea Boys banner to see if I might luck into a second copy of Karna.

Didn't get him, but I did get Arthur, so that's nice.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Crasical posted:

That might be mine? I dunno how many people have limit-broken their Guda-O from last year.

I've got one as well, and I think I have it on my Nobu. She's decently upgraded.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

Don't forget to watch Sakura's movie tonight!

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
tfw when you have 4 poster girls from last gudaguda and a 10roll in stock and try to go for mlb but you get a second okita instead 😔😔😔

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Hi Gil

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

halokiller posted:

The closest theater showing it is 3 hours away so yeeeeah probably not gonna get to see it. :v:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Hell Robot Blood V

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

halokiller posted:

Huh, thanks for the reminder. Upon looking there was a theater within 10 minutes, so decided I might as well. Theater was already 95% full too. Given there are two other theaters within ~30 minutes or so also showing it, that's a LOT more people going to see it than I was expecting.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
Spent all my quartz on Okita, just like last year

Didn't get Okita, just like last year

desire sensor is real

pulled Jack, though

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Jack is the better Servant tbh

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
They fill different roles. On a Quick team, Jack is pure stargen while Okita is a switch-hitter (can gen stars and also use them for bigass crits). Utility-wise, Jack has her anti-female NP that's narrowly useful but very powerful, while Okita has a DEF-down, DEF-ignoring NP that's broadly useful but with limited power. They both generate NP super-quick despite each only having one Arts card, and they both have an Evade and a Quick-boosting skill. They even have the exact same effect on their Bond CEs (+25% to party crit damage). And of course, neither of them believe in pants.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Jack has a lot more general utility than Okita since she can strip buffs on command and heal every 4 turns, and her anti female power up is strong enough that she's worth bringing in on neutral damage even.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Okita needs a Strengthening to change her tuberculosis into Turboculosis.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Vengarr posted:

Okita needs a Strengthening to change her tuberculosis into Turboculosis.

:hai:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
On the other hand: Okita Cute.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the other okita probably needs one more considering the CCC rerun outmoded her

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Cuntellectual posted:

On the other hand: Okita Cute.

:hmmyes:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Motto posted:

the other okita probably needs one more considering the CCC rerun outmoded her

eh, i know Okita is fine as-is but she's on her third year without a buff of any kind. she still has an incredibly vanilla/launch skillset with an obvious avenue for improvement by tacking more effects on her Weak Con or mana burst. Okitan is still new and has some small advantage over KP in that she gets running faster, and relative to Okita she's more suited for the aoe trend of JP content. (at least until recently)

the obvious answer is to just buff them both in Guda 4 where the welfare is Nobukatsu

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Vengarr posted:

And of course, neither of them believe in pants.

Pretend I posted that bit from the Demon Pillar raids with Nobu yelling "What, have you been seduced by [Okita's] thighs, too!?" here.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Dr Pepper posted:

Jack is the better Servant tbh

she is

plus I already have Musashi, so I don't particularly need Okita for actual fighting

but dammit, Okita is way cuter

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

friendship ended with musashi, now okita is my new st saber

*sweats nervously looking at fran and yagyu, months later*

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Main Paineframe posted:

she is

plus I already have Musashi, so I don't particularly need Okita for actual fighting

but dammit, Okita is way cuter

The pursuit of cute. You and I, we are both of one mind.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

These event points come in awfully slow. Though that maybe has more to do with me relying heavily on everyone who friended me the last 2 days since I cant clear poo poo too well on my own yet. :v:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The majority of your points come from stacking everything on the daily missions that cost 1 AP.

The event is also 2 weeks long and half the nodes aren't released yet.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah, as someone around for the original, it's not nearly as hard as it seems, just make sure you get those GUDA-Os.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Eat your Guda-O's