Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Mister Kingdom posted:

New die-cast stuff:

Lamborghini Urus

The A-Team van

Hilarious side-by-side

1:18? What brand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

1:18? What brand?

Both are 1:18

The Lambo is Maisto and the van is Greenlight Hollywood.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Mister Kingdom posted:

Both are 1:18

The Lambo is Maisto and the van is Greenlight Hollywood.

Cool. I've got quite a few but haven't picked up any new ones in quite a while.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

The Ryzen stuff seemed super impressive and my rig is finally starting to bottleneck on some games. (I've been on an i7 2600 since April 2011 lol) So I decided it was time to upgrade which, besides my GPU (GTX 1070) storage, and PSU, meant an entire new build.

Fractal Meshify C in white

Ryzen 5 2600

16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000mhz

I'm going to Florida for a week tomorrow too for vacation, so only piece left when I'm back is a mobo if anybody has a good recommendation for one. I'm a flashy lights RGB kind of guy and I know a lot of mobos let you do RGB poo poo now. :homebrew:

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

I just bought some continued forums existence

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3884184&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

Tim Whatley posted:

The Ryzen stuff

I was considering getting a ryzen, but ended up gettin an i5 because it had better single thread performance

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I too have supported our internet dad.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Trabant posted:

I too have supported our internet dad.
:same:

I gave like $15. It's not a lot, but I'm unemployed and don't want Lowtax or this community to die.

Through The Decade
Mar 3, 2010

BANANA?!?!?

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I gave like $15. It's not a lot, but I'm unemployed and don't want Lowtax or this community to die.

Good on you. I put myself down for $10 a month since that's what I pay for worse services than this place.

Also picked this up this for the summer.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Through The Decade posted:

Good on you. I put myself down for $10 a month since that's what I pay for worse services than this place.

Also picked this up this for the summer.

Nice bike.

fuckwolf
Oct 2, 2014

by Pragmatica

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

gorgeous guitar

That's a gorgeous guitar.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I bought an awesome burrito and a tank of gas and also contributed to the biomechanical spine of Lowtax.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Was it a gas station burrito?

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Holy poo poo had no idea this poo poo was going on. I pretty much visit poo poo that's bookmarked.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Mu Zeta posted:

Was it a gas station burrito?

No, it's from a place called R&R Taqueria in White Marsh MD. Best Mexican food I've ever had and the people are great. Worth the 45 minute drive from Annapolis.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

sterster posted:

Holy poo poo had no idea this poo poo was going on. I pretty much visit poo poo that's bookmarked.
Yeah, he's not making a forum-wide announcement of it or anything because he has depression/Catholic guilt preventing him from actually asking for help. It would be helpful to have the situation and donation links neatly laid out in one place, but he's not gonna do it.

I'll copy the tweet thread I made about it last night, though. That's close enough.

quote:

No matter your feelings on some of the lovely people that came out of the SA Forums, Lowtax is in a position nobody should have to be in, and a lot of good folks on the forums are banding together to help dig him out of a deep, crushing hole.

I donated and I don't even have money to give, so if SA still benefits you in any way, I'd urge you to help the guy out if you can. You don't even have to come back to the site/post if you've left.

There are 3 ways to help him directly:

Donate to his Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/GamingGarbage

Donate to him through the forums: https://secure.somethingawful.com/products/donate.php

Subscribe to his channel on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/gaminggarbagelive

Dude is too burdened by depression and Catholic guilt to ask for help, and I understand that all too well. But the fact remains that a large part of my tastes and sense of humor were shaped by those forums and the people on there. I don't want to lose them or him.

I've been a part of the SA community for half my life now, and I'd really hate to see Lowtax's life get completely hosed by the US healthcare system the same way as a lot of people in this country.

One guy donated $2,420.69 and another donated $420.69

Like yeah, there have been a few bad apples on those forums over the years, but they’ve also been around for 2 loving decades.

The thread that turned into the donation thread proves that there are a lot of people on there who just want to help each other out because the community means that much to them.

Rageaholic has a new favorite as of 04:33 on Mar 14, 2019

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Thanks for the link!

Saddamnit
Jul 5, 2003

I have brained my damage.

Night Danger Moose posted:

No, it's from a place called R&R Taqueria in White Marsh MD. Best Mexican food I've ever had and the people are great. Worth the 45 minute drive from Annapolis.

I think there is one in Glen Burnie too, which is probably a little closer to you. And yes, their food is excellent.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Tim Whatley posted:

The Ryzen stuff seemed super impressive and my rig is finally starting to bottleneck on some games. (I've been on an i7 2600 since April 2011 lol) So I decided it was time to upgrade which, besides my GPU (GTX 1070) storage, and PSU, meant an entire new build.

Fractal Meshify C in white

Ryzen 5 2600

16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000mhz

I'm going to Florida for a week tomorrow too for vacation, so only piece left when I'm back is a mobo if anybody has a good recommendation for one. I'm a flashy lights RGB kind of guy and I know a lot of mobos let you do RGB poo poo now. :homebrew:

Sup recent Meshify C in white buddy. I also paired mine with the corsair rgb lights because I want my computer to have rave lights on the inside.

Dick Boat
Jul 3, 2009

Pulse Demon

Saddamnit posted:

I think there is one in Glen Burnie too, which is probably a little closer to you. And yes, their food is excellent.

There is also one in Elkridge which used to be part of a gas station, but is now next to it in the connecting strip mall.

Can confirm it's good.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

drat that's a sick deal for that rig. Make sure you buy the Division 2.

So turns out Walmart.com are jerks but also kind of cool. They cancelled my order for this computer because it "went out of stock". I think it may have been a price mistake.

So they cancelled my order, but I called to complain and they gave me a $250 discount on a different computer...

sooooo I'm going to order this beast instead.

SkyTech [RTX 2060 Version] Oracle X Gaming Desktop Ryzen 7 2700X (3.70 GHz) 16 GB DDR4, 240 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6G, Windows 10 Home

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
HyperX Cloud Flight cause my astro a 50s I bought 5 years ago finally bit the dust.

I somehow managed to break my spen...

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

So turns out Walmart.com are jerks but also kind of cool. They cancelled my order for this computer because it "went out of stock". I think it may have been a price mistake.

So they cancelled my order, but I called to complain and they gave me a $250 discount on a different computer...

sooooo I'm going to order this beast instead.

SkyTech [RTX 2060 Version] Oracle X Gaming Desktop Ryzen 7 2700X (3.70 GHz) 16 GB DDR4, 240 GB SSD, 1 TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6G, Windows 10 Home

AMD is doing a promo where if you buy one of several Ryzen models you get Division 2 for free. Got my code. If you buy that rig, inquire about it.

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Yeah, he's not making a forum-wide announcement of it or anything because he has depression/Catholic guilt preventing him from actually asking for help. It would be helpful to have the situation and donation links neatly laid out in one place, but he's not gonna do it.

I'll copy the tweet thread I made about it last night, though. That's close enough.

drat, I also had no idea this was happening. Tossed some money at keepin this place alive.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
Me too. I've probably been a member here longer than I've been a member of any other community, period.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Glottis posted:

Me too. I've probably been a member here longer than I've been a member of any other community, period.

I realized recently that for the low, low cost of :10bux:, SA has had a genuinely huge impact on my life. I owe the site at least a little more cash for all it's done for me.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

What is happening? Lowtax is sick? How much does it cost to run this bitch?

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

I dont understand the correlation between his business checking account being empty and his medical bills piling up unless he is paying medical bills from the business accounts which I thought was illegal depending on how the business is incorporated? Any lawyer nerds able to shed some light on this?

mystes
May 31, 2006

schreibs posted:

I dont understand the correlation between his business checking account being empty and his medical bills piling up unless he is paying medical bills from the business accounts which I thought was illegal depending on how the business is incorporated? Any lawyer nerds able to shed some light on this?
Not a lawyer but I believe if his company has money he can pay himself a salary (or use an "owner's draw" to transfer money to himself) which he can then spend?

If there was literally no way to transfer the company's money to yourself what would be the point of owning a company in the first place?

Also, if the business checking account is empty he might have to lend his personal money to the company in some form, leaving less personal money for paying medical bills.

mystes has a new favorite as of 19:40 on Mar 15, 2019

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

*cracks knuckles

OK, I can explain this pretty succinctly. I believe SA is registered as an LLC, which means if Lowtax is 100% owner of that LLC (only "member" of the LLC) he can do what ever he wants with any and all funds associated with it.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

schreibs posted:

Lowtax probably never made much money from SA so it's like we allow him to eventually get something from it because he really needs it this time.

Now I'm sure there is one way or another he can transfer his company money to himself. Hell even the US president does it so it must legal.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Solice Kirsk posted:

*cracks knuckles

OK, I can explain this pretty succinctly. I believe SA is registered as an LLC, which means if Lowtax is 100% owner of that LLC (only "member" of the LLC) he can do what ever he wants with any and all funds associated with it.