Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Dr Pepper posted:

Jack is the better Servant tbh

Of the two, Okita is the servant where you don't have to tug your collar and say, "I just run her for the stats, honest."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

okitas the one where you go "hell yeah im horny"

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

More rolling, still no Okita. But I got another Bedi, and truly that's all I need

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'd use jack with pride, none of this weak poo poo

but also i already planted my flag on always-using-carmilla-hill so even if i get jack she's gonna be a chaldea shut-in

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm going to end up rolling the saber guaranteed bag at 3rd anniversary at this rate

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

summerfes has a 15% chance of ssr saber, wait and hope

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Spent 5 tickets on the Arthur/BerserCu banner, and walked away with Caster Gilgamesh.

On one hand, I wanted him at some point in the future, but on the other hand, he is now my tenth gold caster that wasn't free. I am never going to be able to level all of them at this rate.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Main Paineframe posted:

she is

plus I already have Musashi, so I don't particularly need Okita for actual fighting

but dammit, Okita is way cuter

Heck, same.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Of the two, Okita is the servant where you don't have to tug your collar and say, "I just run her for the stats, honest."

Aurora posted:

I'm going to end up rolling the saber guaranteed bag at 3rd anniversary at this rate

isn't that the "all limited servants" one, not class based?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Stairmaster posted:

okitas the one where you go "hell yeah im horny"

well yeah

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

2nd is lucky bag, all ssrs
new year 2020 will be knights/cavalry+extra split
3rd is pick a class
new year 2021 is limited ssr lucky bag

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I rolled for Cu Alter. I got Arthur Prototype instead.

Not exactly the best Saber, but at least it's good against the minority of "large enemies" or whatever.

edit: I kinda wonder if he'll get a strengthening quest at some point in the (distant, for NA, since he hasn't in JP yet) future. Does anyone know if most/all servants will receive a strengthing quest at some point? I know it's happened in JP with some servants who used to be kinda lame like Altria.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Mar 15, 2019

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Rolled for Cu Alter, got Gawain. Wrong buster gorilla AND wrong blonde male Saber with Excalibur, game.

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Mar 15, 2019

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Arthur has needed a buff since he was made and instead they gave him a costume and then Moriarty stole his event

so we wait another year to see if he becomes good

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
To be fair Crime Papa has needed a buff since the day he was made, too.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Pureauthor posted:

To be fair Crime Papa has needed a buff since the day he was made, too.

Moriarty doesn't have only two skills though.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

freeshooter is a pretty dead skill tbh

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

dogsicle posted:

freeshooter is a pretty dead skill tbh

I'll trade it for Arthur's Instinct.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Sophism posted:

I'll trade it for Arthur's Instinct.

*Beast Hunting

Instinct is fine, crit stars on demand are useful

100% damage vs a whopping like, two servants, on the other hand...

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Transient People posted:

100% damage vs a whopping like, two servants, on the other hand...

You do realize that there's other stuff to fight in this game besides Servants, right?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Cheap NP charge isn't bad either.

It's kind of funny that any Arthur buff would be 2 years away for us regardless.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sophism posted:

Moriarty doesn't have only two skills though.

You're right he has one

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

there are plenty of enemies his skill hits but in practice that means you're taking an aoe saber against ST bosses who you mostly get class advantage damage against for the one turn it's active. it seems fine but underwhelming, so it's nice that it's also a battery

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Arthur probably needs both an NP interlude and a skill strengthening quest before he's as good mechanically as he is as a husbando.

Make his overcharge effect start at 20% but with the same scaling on top of the usual damage buff across all NP levels.

Then just staple a boring Charisma effect to Instinct, and I'd be happy.

Ruby Prism fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Mar 15, 2019

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I don't really mind if it's 2+ years until a strengthening; I just want the peace of mind of being able to use my pretty sword man while knowing he will be Mechanically Useful in the future.

Of course, I rationally know that even a sub-par 5* is at least as good as almost all 4*s and plenty good for the vast majority of content, but it's still not the same!

(btw, I read somewhere that BB and King Protea or something count as giant enemies for the purposes of his third skill, though not sure if that's true)

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Correct on both counts.

e: Summer BB specifically that is.

taser rates fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 15, 2019

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

W.T. Fits posted:

You do realize that there's other stuff to fight in this game besides Servants, right?

Dogsicle covered the problem there, no point bringing arthur to kill nonlancer nonzerk giants besides him being best boy

I wish he got the bonus vs evil, large and Threat to Humanity and could stack them all. That'd give him a decent enough niche and make him absolutely nutty against Summer BB, who is exactly the type of creature he's traveled the timelines fighting. Feels thematic that way.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I've always thought that his third skill should be a bunch of weak buffs against a large variety of things, to reflect how his NP works in lore, rather than 'gently caress giants specifically.' Like +20% against Evil, +20% against Threat to Humanity, +20% against Undead, +20% against Giant, +20% against Dragon.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Endorph posted:

I've always thought that his third skill should be a bunch of weak buffs against a large variety of things, to reflect how his NP works in lore, rather than 'gently caress giants specifically.' Like +20% against Evil, +20% against Threat to Humanity, +20% against Undead, +20% against Giant, +20% against Dragon.

Make it 3 turn effects and I would be totally ok with this

Arthur's 3rd should really reflect the nature of protocalibur's seals I think, it's what makes the most sense lorewise

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

https://sensortower.com/blog/fate-grand-order-revenue-3-billion

I was expecting NA's contribution to be higher than ~3% of that ludicrous sum, but being two years late to the party and lack of exposure to the franchise might be playing a part here.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I chased after NP2 Okita to no avail. On my last roll, I got a gold card, and out popped Orion. I was so pissed I wanted to spend money, but I restrained myself. Good news is I'm pretty sure there isn't any banner I want to roll on until either the Summer rerun for NP2 Martha or the 2nd Anniversary for Holmes, whichever comes first. That Summer gauntlet is going to be a doozy.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Sophism posted:

I was expecting NA's contribution to be higher than ~3% of that ludicrous sum, but being two years late to the party and lack of exposure to the franchise might be playing a part here.

Waifu power is truly something to behold.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Sophism posted:

Part of it is JP just being so huge, and being very into gacha and open to buying quartz.

Also, overseas markets that have some ideas of what banners are coming up mean that players can more effectively save and spend their free quartz on what they want without running out and having to buy. In JP they can release one good banner to make everyone waste their savings, then immediately follow up with another good banner that means everyone has to buy quartz if they want to roll.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
"1% chance to get your waifu" is a pretty hard sell in the west.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Cuntellectual posted:

"1% chance to get your waifu" is a pretty hard sell in the west.

I mean, that's still $90 MILLION that NA has spent on FGO. Just because it's nowhere near the ludicrous absurdity of JP doesn't mean it's not huge.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
One percent of the time it works every time (unless you get a spook).

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Yeah, I've played as a freebie since launch. If I felt there was something worth buying in-game, I would, but having to spend ~$120 for a roughly 50/50 shot at a ☆☆☆☆☆- not even rate up, just any ☆☆☆☆☆, is, uh, not a financial number I want to contemplate. Team Fortress 2 pretty much killed my desire to gamble money on games once I realized how much I'd spent, and at least I was able to sell off and make about half of what I spent back on that.

How I have both Waver and Merlin out of my five SSRs remains a mystery to me to this day. (Well, okay, I rerolled until I hit Waver, but even then...)

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER

Lord Koth posted:

I mean, that's still $90 MILLION that NA has spent on FGO. Just because it's nowhere near the ludicrous absurdity of JP doesn't mean it's not huge.

Yeah, this is what I take away from it. Aniplex America's Team for this is 3 people, and a team of Translators. No matter how to slice it, they are making money.
Maybe this will stop people Doom Saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

Another thing to keep in mind though is that FGO "NA" is essentially Global, since there's no official EU or LATAM release.