Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

hackbunny posted:

You mean the Motocompo?

Oh my god. Those were sold as set?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

honda whisperer posted:

You said you were a what now?

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

honda whisperer posted:

Major Name/Post fail.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

If it was made before '89 idk poo poo.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
jfc

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

honda whisperer posted:

Those were the best Hondas.

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Pgm-fi and vtec rule.

The best cars are the ones that were awesome when you were in highschool.

Since I seem to be stuffing my foot into my own mouth atm...

I drive a Subaru.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

honda whisperer posted:

Pgm-fi and vtec rule.

The best cars are the ones that were awesome when you were in highschool.

Since I seem to be stuffing my foot into my own mouth atm...

I drive a Subaru.

:frogout:

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

A n/a subaru

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
next you're gonna tell us it isn't even an awd one

honda whisperer
Mar 29, 2009

Somebody gets it :D

Edit: it was almost an s2000 but god the prices on those. I missed the bottom and welp.

honda whisperer fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Mar 15, 2019

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
The terrible car stuff is coming from inside the awesome thread!

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

honda whisperer posted:

Argh

e: and you've got a drat wankel av. just what are you trying to pull here mister

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
honda whisperer is ringing all the TILT alarms in the AI pinball machine.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I have too many Hotwheels already, I have a loving sack of sealed ones because I can't stop buying them. That's not about to stop though because holy poo poo some of these :aaaaa:

https://hotwheels.mattel.com/shop/en-us/hw/cars-vehicles/hw-car-culture-circuit-legends-vehicles-fpy86

Want that Alfa so bad.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Sagebrush posted:

e: and you've got a drat wankel av. just what are you trying to pull here mister

Honda username.
Knows little about the best Hondas.
Drives a Subaru.
Rotary avatar.

MODS!

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Honda username.
Knows little about the best Hondas.
Drives a Subaru.
Rotary avatar.

MODS!

Years of everything spinning around the wrong way can get to a person, you know?

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
lmao

cursedshitbox posted:

Those were the best Hondas.

'90 nsx is god tier tho :allears:

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBePeBMklko

Holy poo poo. Looks like once Binky is finished we have some fun stuff to look forward to :allears:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I have too many Hotwheels already, I have a loving sack of sealed ones because I can't stop buying them. That's not about to stop though because holy poo poo some of these :aaaaa:

https://hotwheels.mattel.com/shop/en-us/hw/cars-vehicles/hw-car-culture-circuit-legends-vehicles-fpy86

Remind me to get some pictures of my collection pile. I've been "collecting" since, oh, 1974? I need a room just for this stuff. That's on the list for The Next House.
I already have the Greddy van set. Need a few of the others, like that whole first group, and the 787B. And that loving Nissan(?) wagon.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

T1g4h posted:

Holy poo poo. Looks like once Binky is finished we have some fun stuff to look forward to :allears:

was that RWD 6L Classic Ford at the end?

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Jonny Nox posted:

was that RWD 6L Classic Ford at the end?

I didn't hear the D, but "classic 4" doesn't turn up a drat thing so...maybe? :shrug:

Either way, poo poo's going to be awesome for a looooooong time.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Darchangel posted:

Remind me to get some pictures of my collection pile. I've been "collecting" since, oh, 1974? I need a room just for this stuff. That's on the list for The Next House.
I already have the Greddy van set. Need a few of the others, like that whole first group, and the 787B. And that loving Nissan(?) wagon.

Pretty sure that's a 757

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak

T1g4h posted:

Binky will never be finished.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
From the OSHA thread:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

That looks so fun until you see the bucket go through what would be the windshield of that black and white car. :stare:

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Puddin posted:

Binky will never be finished.

What worries me is that they're going to all this trouble with the body and interior, and seem to be content using ratty old used Toyota drivetrain parts. I was really hoping for something truly fire-breathing for Binky.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

If it has stock gt4 performance it'll have circa 165kw/300Nm AWD in a car that came stock with somewhere between 20kw and 80kw? Remember it's going to come in under a ton even as ridiculously engineered as it is, so I think it'll be fine.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I got sucked into watching a Matchbox Restoration channel (yes, there is more than one) and it's an incredibly therapeutic watch.

BaremetalHW

He does everything from simple touchups to casting your own wheels.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

MrYenko posted:

What worries me is that they're going to all this trouble with the body and interior, and seem to be content using ratty old used Toyota drivetrain parts. I was really hoping for something truly fire-breathing for Binky.

I'd be real surprised if those things weren't just placeholders so they know dimensions to build around. I assume they'll tear it out again and make them more awesome somehow, or at least rebuild it all.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Suburban Dad posted:

I'd be real surprised if those things weren't just placeholders so they know dimensions to build around. I assume they'll tear it out again and make them more awesome somehow, or at least rebuild it all.

Yeah, this has been my expectation as well. No reason to spend a ton of time making more bespoke brackets for the engine and related parts until you're confident about the space it's fitting into

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Suburban Dad posted:

That looks so fun until you see the bucket go through what would be the windshield of that black and white car. :stare:

picturing that scene in T2 where john connor screams while driving that truck they stole directly into a forklift

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
That really looks like footage from a video game. Is it not?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Suburban Dad posted:

Do you want your obituary to say your heart failed on the toilet, or that you got your head taken off by a digger while playing car soccer?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Powershift posted:

Do you want your obituary to say your heart failed on the toilet, or that you got your head taken off by a digger while playing car soccer?

Well, Elvis was pretty dope, and like taking a dump is pretty cool too, but on the other hand, car soccer accidents are awesome as gently caress too......

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Only one of those will win you a Darwin award.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

MrYenko posted:

Well, the haven't got much reason to look at engine internals until all the other stuff around the engine bay is sorted, they're currently still in an "offering up" state on that front.

If they do turn the wick up on the GT4 engine a bit, the car could end up obscenely fast. I remember years ago Fensport built a sleeper Corolla with GT4 underpinnings, the thing ran 10s and had a 200mph top speed.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Unleashing a massive turd, heavy machinery to the face.. as long as the events that led up to your death put a smile on your face, it's all about the same.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Suburban Dad posted:

Yeah, I'm reasonably certain they've said the engine they're using for planning out the install isn't the one that's eventually ending up in the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

InitialDave posted:

Well, the haven't got much reason to look at engine internals until all the other stuff around the engine bay is sorted, they're currently still in an "offering up" state on that front.

If they do turn the wick up on the GT4 engine a bit, the car could end up obscenely fast. I remember years ago Fensport built a sleeper Corolla with GT4 underpinnings, the thing ran 10s and had a 200mph top speed.

Its intended to be a rally car, so I think they would look more into usable power and response. 240 hp in a mini shell is a hell of a lot.