Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

And there's some gossip that WW '84 isn't a sequel but I can't find anything concrete.

I read an article about that with one of the producers or someone and it was basically just saying the movie is set after the first and it's about Wonder Woman but it's not a sequel because ??? Like it basically just seemed the same as "No, it's not a remake, it's a reboot, totally different."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Maybe he was getting his head shaved and his barber turned into dust halfway through?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

quote:

Sony is essentially internally auditioning its more than 900 Spider-Man-adjacent characters, to which it has attached the moniker Sony’s Universe of Marvel Characters.

Pfffftthahahahahha

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
SUMC sounds like a military branch.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

just try googling "Sum C"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Nine hundred Spider-Man adjacent characters?

That's getting into some obscure territory. I'd love to see the spreadsheet that lists all of them, like does Sony have a contract with Marvel outlining the estranged husband of MJ's barely-mentioned sister?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Edward Mass posted:

SUMC sounds like a military branch.

it's an anagram for "cums"

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lobok posted:

That's getting into some obscure territory. I'd love to see the spreadsheet that lists all of them, like does Sony have a contract with Marvel outlining the estranged husband of MJ's barely-mentioned sister?

Wikileaks got a copy of the Sony Spider-Man License Terms & Conditions so it's out there if you're willing to look (and don't mind getting put on a watchlist).

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Maybe this means we'll get a Spider-Man 2099 movie before Disney reaches critical mass and begins to gravitationally consume all media without effort.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

McSpanky posted:

Maybe this means we'll get a Spider-Man 2099 movie before Disney reaches critical mass and begins to gravitationally consume all media without effort.

I mean, Spider-Man 2099 was already in Into the Spider-verse, there’s a good chance he plays a sizable role in the sequel.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
We had better loving get Leopardon.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

The MSJ posted:

Ezra Miller is actually helping to write the Flash script himself, with a 'darker' direction, with extra help from noted Man of Steel fan Grant Morrison.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/flash-shocker-ezra-miller-writing-script-bid-star-1194937

Oh gently caress.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
We going to end up with a movie with White Rabbit are we?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
the existential darkness of being rainbow rider

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just want Stan Lee's last supervillain creation, Clown 9

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Rirse posted:

We fuckin better, because Frog Man is awesome.

Cinema needs more fat dudes jumping around on springs.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
sony and marvel negotiating their competing visions of stilt man

e: gently caress, getting high was right there

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Mar 17, 2019

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Rirse posted:

If there ever was a villain who needed to be reinvented as a coke dealer...

I'm surprised Batman doesn't have one of those with the Wonderland gang, who's presumably dealing to March Hare.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Ghost Leviathan posted:

If there ever was a villain who needed to be reinvented as a coke dealer...

I'm surprised Batman doesn't have one of those with the Wonderland gang, who's presumably dealing to March Hare.

Speaking of drug dealing...turns out (according to the aforementioned contract, anyway) that while Spider-Man isn't allowed to use or sell illegal drugs (which makes sense), there is a caveat that it's apparently OK for him to do so while under the influence of the symbiote.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

I read an article about that with one of the producers or someone and it was basically just saying the movie is set after the first and it's about Wonder Woman but it's not a sequel because ???

Best-case scenario is that it’s a TIME PARADOX, and Flash must go back to restore the Snyder Cut.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Best-case scenario is that it’s a TIME PARADOX, and Flash must go back to restore the Snyder Cut.

He tries to warn Whedon it's going to suck, but it's dismissed as a lovely nightmare

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

RBA Starblade posted:

He tries to warn Whedon it's going to suck, but it's dismissed as a lovely nightmare

"Joss! Listen to me now! It's Snyder! It's Zack Snyder! He's the key! Am I too soon? I'm too soon! You're just awful, Joss You've always been just awful. Respect him. Find us, Joss! You have to find us!"

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I just want Stan Lee's last supervillain creation, Clown 9

It would be consolation to the ending of the current newspaper comic

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
I forgot Ryan Reynolds was in Blade Trinity

don't watch this movie to confirm this though, holy poo poo

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
He also claimed to have leaked the test footage himself, though that may have been “look how relatable our star is” PR fluff.

It’s easy to forget nowadays when Deadpool is one of the biggest things in culture, but back before the movie hit Reynolds’ career was presumed dead for some time. Even now he pretty much only does the straight-man’s comedic foil because all the times he didn’t do that were before he was saved by the spandex.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
reynolds was also in RIPD, speaking of really horrible movies based loosely on comics

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now

Lobok posted:

Mahershala Ali as an unreasonably intense Hypno-Hustler, if you please.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Oh gently caress.

Darker like darker than Justice League (so the Fraser Mummy movies) or?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Calaveron posted:

My whole family is dead, earth is in complete disarray, there’s no foreseeable way to fix this, let me get a haircut that needs constant styling and upkeep please

Inifinity War was a golden opportunity to just quietly erase Hawkeye from the movies and replace him with Kate Bishop, but instead they continue to try and make him a thing.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Alhazred posted:

Inifinity War was a golden opportunity to just quietly erase Hawkeye from the movies and replace him with Kate Bishop, but instead they continue to try and make him a thing.

They're really still trying to push the AoU idea of him being the heart of the team because he fights for his family, even tho Ant-Man has the exact same schtick except significantly better because it was actually explored in his two movies (one of the exact use cases where MCU method works, and they waste it to give more screentime to Hawkeye)

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Only Batman fights for his family, and lives for love

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

lol I still can't believe that was real and not a fake comedy edit. I think about it from time to time.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I showed that to my wife once (Batman Begins is her favorite comic book movie, and for the record - that's not saying much. let's just say she's not a genre fan) and she flipped out and just said variants of "What?!?! WHAT??!?" both during and after the ad.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

The MSJ posted:

I hope the movie happens and becomes a success, thus opening WB to adapting Morrison's We3 script.

Yeah I've been sonic-tapping-his-toe on a WE3 movie for what seems like forever. C'mon mans.

Edit: I've been digging The Gifted, am I a bad person?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Neo Rasa posted:

Darker like darker than Justice League (so the Fraser Mummy movies) or?

The Flash is going to be revealed as the tortured reincarnation of Thomas Wayne.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Its kind of both weird and funny after trying to throw together a connected universe, DC/WB are doing their best to untangle everything and wipe away the Snyder verse for good while keeping the same actors.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am really looking forward to getting my blu-ray 4K copy of Aquaman this month. This will actually be my first 4K movie I own.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Klungar posted:

I mean, Spider-Man 2099 was already in Into the Spider-verse, there’s a good chance he plays a sizable role in the sequel.

I got so hyped for this because I loved the 2099 universe stuff as a kid. Doom 2099 fuckin' ruled too and, looking back as an adult they're goofy as hell much like the originals but I like the ways they managed to make those characters fit into the setting in their own dystopian sci-fi categories while still keeping a lot of the attitude of the originals intact. I really dug the way they worked Ghost Rider and Doom into that world.

LOL Punisher 2099 with a private dungeon+electric chair out of his own house though and no one catching on somehow lol

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Mar 18, 2019

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Crows Turn Off posted:

Captain Marvel only made $150 million?! It would have made $250 million had it not been for Brie Larson, the CHUDs were right!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I felt a great disturbance in the force....as if thousands of youtube videos about how much money Captain Marvel was going to make were taken down and replaced by videos explaining why a movie can make a lot of money and still be bad and hated by everyone.

The second weekend numbers are out (which are usually a better indication of how a film will end up performing) and it's on target to make somewhere between $400 to $450 million domestically. It's already made three quarters of a billion worldwide so it should easily pass a billion and will probably end up being the 5th or 6th biggest MCU film. It's not making insane money like Infinity War or Black Panther but it's doing super well.

I thought it was a bit meh and didn't really hit the beats it was aiming for but it's making a ton of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I thought it was a bit meh and didn't really hit the beats it was aiming for but it's making a ton of money.

It's a Disney product, this is no surprise