Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I'm late to it but "it's good they had a domestic abuser on tv because everyone hates him which gets heel heat" is some galaxy brain poo poo. Super quick, it's bad to profit off someone's crimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the wrestle of the day, is you!

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Davros1 posted:

Wasn't he in jail for murder?

think that was one of dolphs brothers.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

That DICK! posted:

I'm glad you're getting the recognition you deserve. Such a fan of you :)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

David Angle was the murderer

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

The Croc posted:

think that was one of dolphs brothers.

Dolph's brother has the Twitter handle @HotYoungBriley and that's a crime worse than murder imho

EDIT: Upon looking at that Twitter page it appears Dolph was at the premiere of a Netflix documentary about Motley Crue instead of being at Raw. lol

DeepDickPizza fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 19, 2019

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

That DICK! posted:

Me? Michael Tarver?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

That DICK! posted:

This gimmick has got stale real fast :(

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Fun fact about me: I named my finisher after my favorite actress, Marilyn Monroe.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Rarity posted:

This gimmick has got stale real fast :(
You know what never got stale? 11 years of Kofi Kingston (wrestling in a gauntlet match tonight on SmackDown Live!)

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Gumball Gumption posted:

I'm late to it but "it's good they had a domestic abuser on tv because everyone hates him which gets heel heat" is some galaxy brain poo poo. Super quick, it's bad to profit off someone's crimes.

I mean, you aren't wrong. From a pure booking perspective it makes sense, but I can't really disagree with you.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

WWE has profited from terrorists and cancer

There's no lower they can sink but they'll try

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

DeepDickPizza posted:

Dolph's brother has the Twitter handle @HotYoungBriley and that's a crime worse than murder imho

Agreed but turns out there was a third man (brother)

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2017/07/wwe_wrestler_dolph_zigglers_na.html

Knew i wasnt crazy (in this one very specific instance)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Catching up on thread

Angry Grimace posted:

The Ronda stuff is actually pretty standard heel stuff. There’s no angles or McMahons involved anymore and Rousey just beats the poo poo out of refs and her opponents now. It’s what she should be doing since she’s supposed to be an unstoppable heel. I won’t go so far as to say it’s super good or anything because it’s really basic heeling.

I can see why people want Becky to come out there but I don’t think she should have. Let Ronda gently caress people up. Why would Becky give a poo poo about Dana anyways?

Realtalk I actually muted the replay because Dana's screaming was so believable it was really unsettling

Blaise330 posted:

K we just need US and IC title multiman matches that’ll be amazing but we won’t remember them and an AJ Styles match that we’ll think will be amazing but will be okay.

We already have AJ/Orton confirmed so you're either wrong about that part or you can check it off on your list

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

That DICK! posted:

Cool.

*spinebusters Rarity*

NOW I AM THE SCOOPSGIRL

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
the best endpoint for this Ronda storyline is bringing in Holly Holm to humiliate her into hiding again

But permanently

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Vince being allegedly shook about AEW is kind of funny given that the best defense WWE has against AEW moving in on their markets is that HHH spent like a decade building up the best indie-style promotion in the world without any of Vince's involvement.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

That DICK! posted:

I used the live Pantera album for my backyarder entrance theme because I'd get the crowd pop as well

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Yet again, nobody's talking about AEW here my man.

beggar posted:

I used the live Pantera album for my backyarder entrance theme because I'd get the crowd pop as well

It's the moral thing to do when you're backyarding.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

didn't Ronda brag about beating him or a former partner up in a domestic dispute? they both suck.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Draxion posted:

It seems relevant though? It's going to be the main competition, is going to have a TV deal and the people running AEW seem dramatically more competent than anyone in the last couple decades.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 19, 2019

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

beggar posted:

Was Walk on that live album because I used Pantera's Walk when i backyard wrestled once and it "got over"

My friends and I mostly did the sort of backyard wrestling where you don't actually wrestle but just talk about what your theme would be and how much pyro you would have and how you would do a shoot cradle driver to people.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Draxion posted:

:hai: The only promotion we're allowed to bring up without anybody talking about it after bad WWE events is NJPW.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

When I was like 8 or 9 I once set up a "ring" on with an elevated bed frame, which I then broke when the drummer from the local band Slightly Stoopid hit me with a piledriver through it.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

projecthalaxy posted:

Was Walk on that live album because I used Pantera's Walk when i backyard wrestled once and it "got over"

My friends and I mostly did the sort of backyard wrestling where you don't actually wrestle but just talk about what your theme would be and how much pyro you would have and how you would do a shoot cradle driver to people.

extremely same (of course Walk was on their live album) except for one kid that was way too into hockey for a kid from south carolina that would take jeff hardy sick bumps with very little persuasion

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Angry Grimace posted:

When I was like 8 or 9 I once set up a "ring" on with an elevated bed frame, which I then broke when the drummer from the local band Slightly Stoopid hit me with a piledriver through it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8VWoyJ2x9o

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1108066698748321792

I believe the phrase Meltzer used previously was that he "likes the climate."

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Senerio posted:

:hai: The only promotion we're allowed to bring up without anybody talking about it after bad WWE events is NJPW.

I don't care about that, it's just that it's weird to keep bringing up out of nowhere and people were doing the same thing in the spoilers thread for some reason yesterday too.

I'm all for not talking about WWE, there just seems to be no real segue to the "why would Vince care about AEW lol" thing and I'm confused as to why it keeps coming up.

Nakamura is seems like he's definitely sticking around. He's getting paid, his family lives here, he likes living in the US, and by his last couple matches he seems like he might be getting kinda busted up. I'm sure he could go back and have a couple more great matches in Japan, but like... Not many of them.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Right on for Nakamura, using WWE to get paid and take things easier down in Florida. His main roster run may not have set the world on fire or... even slightly warmed up outside of the Rumble win but with his NJPW work and from what I remember of his NXT run he's more than earned it.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Draxion posted:

I don't care about that, it's just that it's weird to keep bringing up out of nowhere and people were doing the same thing in the spoilers thread for some reason yesterday too.

I'm all for not talking about WWE, there just seems to be no real segue to the "why would Vince care about AEW lol" thing and I'm confused as to why it keeps coming up.

Nakamura is seems like he's definitely sticking around. He's getting paid, his family lives here, he likes living in the US, and by his last couple matches he seems like he might be getting kinda busted up. I'm sure he could go back and have a couple more great matches in Japan, but like... Not many of them.
Because Raw is insanely long and full of swerve-y poo poo and AEW is going to be the primary competition on the promise of doing way less swerve-y poo poo? He should be worried about it, AEW looks well-funded and so far well-run, Vince is just loving lucky someone else in his company with a lick of foresight did a bunch of work while Vince was busy tanking ratings by putting Baron Corbin on TV all the time.

As for Nakamura it's totally on-brand that he would want to chill out and relax with his family in Florida. Good for him. If he's happy being in the mid-card and having done one big WrestleMania match, more power to the guy. He has nothing left to prove anyways and having his contract come up right now is incredibly good timing if he just wants to just make his money and support his family.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Mar 19, 2019

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
nakamura has earned the right to be uninteresting and boring. frankly, i applaud him for not putting in any effort, that's what i want out of a show that i watch

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

You know, your post yesterday was actually "why would Triple H be worried" and not Vince, my mistake. Triple H probably still is because it's competition WWE didn't previously have, but unlike Vince he does seem to have prepared for it regardless. Vince has an hour of the blandest men he can find every Raw for some reason.

Drew McIntyre posted:

nakamura has earned the right to be uninteresting and boring. frankly, i applaud him for not putting in any effort, that's what i want out of a show that i watch

You're in luck, because they don't put him on the show for more than 30 seconds anyways.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Angry Grimace posted:

When I was in middle school I used to powerbomb my little brother onto an old king sized matress we had on the floor in an unused upstairs room. We used to "wrestle" and pretend we were our favorite WWF superstars. We were also dumb as poo poo and lucky neither of us got seriously hurt.

"Razor Ramon" "won" a lot of matches those days.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Drew McIntyre posted:

Meh, I think he's slotted perfect right now as "random henchman for Vince in a tag team." Plus not putting any effort into WWE while taking Vince's money is cool as hell and I hope Brock beats Seth

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Angry Grimace posted:

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1108066698748321792

I believe the phrase Meltzer used previously was that he "likes the climate."

Shinsuke enjoys surfing and his family a lot.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Shinksuke is cool and good

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Draxion posted:

You know, your post yesterday was actually "why would Triple H be worried" and not Vince, my mistake. Triple H probably still is because it's competition WWE didn't previously have, but unlike Vince he does seem to have prepared for it regardless. Vince has an hour of the blandest men he can find every Raw for some reason.

You're in luck, because they don't put him on the show for more than 30 seconds anyways.

Nah, your read of it yesterday as a smartass out-of-place comment wasn't wrong. That was kind of why I mentioned it today - the implication that AEW is dead in the water or being run poorly is absolutely not true and they are doing and saying all of the right stuff to set themselves up to be successful and I could definitely see WWE being much more threatened if they didn't just have NXT, which Vince of course had nothing to do with.

rovert posted:

Shinsuke enjoys surfing and his family a lot.

Disclaimer: I am not a Japanese person living in Japan, but the impression I get is that living in Florida and collecting fat paychecks is a dramatically more laid back lifestyle than what you could expect in Japan.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 19, 2019

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwH8yySvJeY&t=223s

if anyone wants to see a side-by-side like i did

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Shinksuke is cool and good

Shinsuke is "Florida man"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Raskolnikov38 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwH8yySvJeY&t=223s

if anyone wants to see a side-by-side like i did

hmm yes I was thinking I wanted a seizure thanks