Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The Lockhorns is still pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Hot take: I don't get the Macanudo hate. Its biggest crime is being inoffensive.I thought the Pettipanna visits the Spirit of the South storyline was kinda charming. The gnome comics can gently caress right off, but whatever.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

The Lockhorns is still pretty good.

What following this thread for the last 6 months or so has taught me is: I friggin love The Lockhorns. It's less a strip about "wow these two hate each other and their bad marriage" and more about two cranks who found each other and keep it together.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

The Lockhorns know how to take it to the limit.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
I'm glad people appreciate The Lockhorns. It seems to have a bit of a bad rap in other places.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Peanuts (March 20, 1972)

Skippy (October 24, 1931)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Y'see, it's funny because you're routinely asked to humiliate yourself just to get from one place to another in this country! HA!

9 Chickweed Lane

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (April 7-9, 1932)

Thimble Theater (October 12, 1935)

Dok's Dippy Duck, in which the champ is still on the hunt for a side hustle. (October 1-3, 1923)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

My God he's the kid from Computoon!

Angular Cyrus
May 29, 2007

everything is so much harder than it looks
King Aroo 11/18/52

Mopsy 9/19/41

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The Princess Planet

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
Wash Tubbs (August 25, 1930)

Barney Google (September 24, 1923)

Alley Oop (December 24, 1934)

Oaky Doaks (December 19, 1935)

Dickie Dare (February 1, 1934)

Bringing Up Father (June 5, 1940)

Krazy Kat (June 2, 1936)

Polly and Her Pals (June 3, 1937)

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

In today's Corto Maltese: Into the Valley of Death, rode the six hundred one, or The Armenians suffer from a case of stormtrooper aim..., or ...but not for long. Ismail Enver Pasha (Pasha is a military title, y'see) was a major proponent of the Ottoman Empire joining the first world war, thinking that a quick war would provide a boost to the flagging state. He was actually killed at Dushanbe in Tajikistan. Reports do not agree as to whether he was killed leading a small cavalry charge, or in a sorte in a village. He is considered one of the principle architects of the Armenian Genocide

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

sweetguts posted:

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh it's gonna be a whole week of this bullshit, isn't it

Calling it now, the punchline to this "joke" is gonna be how prey animals keep throwing away food because of Marie Komodo and now predators are getting tons of fresh meat.

I don't get it. Do the Evanses want us to laugh at Tiffany for coming up with new terms for her services so she'll get more customers? Are we supposed to hate her for trying to get honest work just to afford stuff for herself? I'm kind of dreading how they're building Tiffany up here because it's gonna be a doozy how they'll justify her being in the wrong this time.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Angular Cyrus posted:

Mopsy 9/19/41

Don't really get the line here, but Mopsy's rocking that jacket.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I take the style of Mopsy's jacket and the girl's chest lines to indicate that what Mopsy means is it's a good dress for emphasising how thin you are.

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Johnny Walker posted:

Mark Trail

I once came upon a pile of shoes in the woods near my house when I was a kid. Looked like it was some kind of encampment, probably homeless people. Just exploring the woods and there was this big pile of shoes in a clearing all the sudden. It was spooky.

I liked your story better than Doc's.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Aaand there we go.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (August 26, 2007)

Arlo and Janis Classic (August 26, 1997)

Garfield Classic (August 26, 1987)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Android Blues posted:

Aaand there we go.

Look at that chud Scott Adams, making a comic where the punchline is that climate change deniers are gullible morons.

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Not totally sure what that stuff is coming from the leaves by the way.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Tunicate posted:

The Princess Planet

Panels 3 - 5 are awesomely over the top, especially the shoes in #5

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Some Guy TT posted:

Look at that chud Scott Adams, making a comic where the punchline is that climate change deniers are gullible morons.

His blog is full of stuff about how, "actually, people saying climate change is real are just repeating stuff they read uncritically on the internet, we just can't really know, I don't know if climate change is real and I suspect it isn't but even if it is, these climate change worriers go too far! Also the scientists who say it's real are exaggerating and the people who believe them are being useful idiots".

He's also like, "ah, climate change deniers make stuff up and go too far as well - but they're not dangerous, because they don't want to change society based on their faulty assumptions, whereas the people who believe climate change exists do."

Like, this comic is masking it a little, but it's just his hedge-your-bets version of climate change denialism watered down for Dilbert.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

A safe assumption under which to operate is that Scott Adams is never, ever arguing in good faith, even if he is, at first blush, appearing to be reasonable.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Tunicate posted:

The Princess Planet

He really rocks that look in Panel 4.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Alley Oop

Dustin

Fred Basset

Frog Applause

Judge Parker

Little Oop

Loose Parts

Reply All

Rex Morgan, MD

Ziggy

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Is that Dustin an edit? That has to be an edit, right?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

StrixNebulosa posted:

Is that Dustin an edit? That has to be an edit, right?

Unfortunately there's just no way of knowing. :shrug:

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

"...ohhh yeah tell me what books you read unngghh..."

This really looks to be another phishing storyline - I'm sure that the questionnaire is pretty much all made up of questions you get for resetting your password.

It's also a very stupid storyline.

Go back to Wilbur's suffering.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hahahahahahahaha JerkTube

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Will this ever be addressed?
https://nacams.org/nail-technicians/states/

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

only if you can somehow tie it back to prog rock

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

I mean, it might. They had that rebuilding-a-room-for-the-niece-arch that ended with some stiff woman showing up asking why the gently caress they rearranged their walls without permits, so I could see it happening.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BCN

Phoebe

Id

Wallace

Curtis

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

So is her haircut changing like this a new Signs on the Barbershop Wall gag or did I miss something

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

Hopefully this isn't too much of a derail, but does anybody know why comics are referencing Marie Kondo all of a sudden? She's been publishing and doing talk shows for years.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Geech

Garf

Zip

Rip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

TofuDiva posted:

Hopefully this isn't too much of a derail, but does anybody know why comics are referencing Marie Kondo all of a sudden? She's been publishing and doing talk shows for years.

A lot of people probably just discovered her recently through the Netflix show that started in Janurary, or her appearance with I think Colbert's show last month.