Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

noa is so cool...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I was looking up stuff about the third guest, Rina Shingaki, who's going to be teaming with Mizuki in a tag match. I didn't see anything about them having previous history together or a specific reason for that team, but they are both listed as doing the Cutie Special, and that lead me to watching a bunch of Cutie Suzuki matches on youtube. This one is cool, it's only 11 minutes but they go hard from the jump
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-Vdvp_-H8
I have no idea what Aja Kong can do in the ring these days but in a tag with three young wrestlers she should be pretty well covered for. Connected to the last video by Dynamite Kansai I found this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UShH4CYIkVk
It's got a few long stretches of submissions but I thought it was a pretty fun watch. Cool to see a women's hoss-off main eventing in front of a big crowd. What are some other good Kong matches to watch from her prime?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Aja's pretty limited. Last few matches I've seen of her, its mostly plunder and brawling. That said, its Aja loving Kong so you let her do whatever the gently caress she wants.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Aja's big matches still rule. Her match with Hikaru Shida was one of the best of last year and her match with Sareee looks to be one of the best of this year based on the highlights package.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSuHTPZ5MOk
Tracked down the match and yep, good. Both of them come out looking tough as nails imo.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

coconono posted:

Aja's pretty limited. Last few matches I've seen of her, its mostly plunder and brawling. That said, its Aja loving Kong so you let her do whatever the gently caress she wants.

That’s all she needs to do: it’s Aja Kong, she looks mean and beats people up, what more do you need?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

IceAgeComing posted:

That’s all she needs to do: it’s Aja Kong, she looks mean and beats people up, what more do you need?

630 topes and psychology

anyway, important Tam Nakano news:

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1108012559511097346

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

HUGE NEWS

https://twitter.com/SHIMMERwomen/status/1108052703421304832

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I don't care about Shimmer really, but it's about loving time on that one. My lord.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Never thought I'd see the day

ed: lost track of time, doh. Definitely seeing the Kris Wolf shows

Chris James 2 fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 20, 2019

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Those are the Kris Wolf shows. They're this month.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Kris Wolf is a draw

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
I hope that means they're inching further away from WWN. I don't understand how that relationship has lasted so long.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Cory Lidle posted:

I hope that means they're inching further away from WWN. I don't understand how that relationship has lasted so long.

I guess Prazak hoping to get some of that sweet, sweet WWE money that Gabe's pulling down?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hana Kimura has resigned from Wrestle-1. She is expected to sign full time with Stardom soon apparently.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ashley Massaro coming back
https://twitter.com/ashleymassaro11/status/1108565436902395904

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

DarkstarIV posted:

Hana Kimura has resigned from Wrestle-1. She is expected to sign full time with Stardom soon apparently.

fumi spilled this on his show like three weeks ago and then they edited it out and asked people to delete tweets about it so presumably a political minefield

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Super No Vacancy posted:

fumi spilled this on his show like three weeks ago and then they edited it out and asked people to delete tweets about it so presumably a political minefield

Yeah. Only reason I posted it was her resignation was posted last night on the W-1 twitter, and Rossy teased in an interview a week or two ago that they would be signing a "popular name" to a contract at the end of March.

Notably Hana also set her twitter to private last night as well.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Looks like Hana Kimura and Sumie Sakai vs Kagetsu and Hazuki is happening at MSG.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/GregYuppie/status/1109307510664712197

Says gently caress, poo poo and motherfucker a lot too. A watch.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Feud of the year coming to its heated conclusion on Sunday.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Hana Kimura has officially joined Stardom.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Nikki Bella has retired from wrestling and is now putting out a podcast with her sister.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Feud of the year coming to its heated conclusion on Sunday.

Obviously I'm supporting the giant stuffed panda but who's she feuding with?

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Rarity posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3825164&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=96#post492937790

Someone's cheating on someone else which is the reason for the feud I think.

TV Zombie fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Mar 25, 2019

Strokavich
Jan 17, 2019

Joshi Wrestling fanatic
Youtube Channel
Hana joining Stardom is going to be great. I'm curious why she decided to finally jump ship from Wrestle-1

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

Tsukasa Fujimoto, ace of Ice Ribbon and protégé of Manami Toyota. She recently won the women's wrestler of the year prize at the Tokyo Sports Awards and at the ceremony was caught kissing Andreza Giant Panda by photographers from Tokyo Sports. TinTin is Andreza's wife out for revenge.

Andreza himself missed out on an opportunity to join a famous Japanese boy band because of the scandal.

Here is footage of the attack at the press conference from Samurai TV.

Strokavich posted:

Hana joining Stardom is going to be great. I'm curious why she decided to finally jump ship from Wrestle-1

Wrestle-1's had a women's division for a while and it hasn't evolved at all from being Hana & Asuka vs. a random pairing of freelancers/AgZ talent with no stakes.

Alternatively Harold going to Stardom has led to Rossy getting Bushiroad money and the old perv is splashing the cash. Who knows?

GEORGE W BUSHI fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Mar 26, 2019

TheHock
Jul 3, 2008

I have altered my retirement plans. Pray I do not alter them any further.
My Japanese is almost non-existent, but Hana's tweets today seem to be suggesting that she wants to make the most of her time in Stardom, but that her future plans are to work more internationally (meaning WWE, probably). I'm guessing she sees Stardom as a better conduit for that seeing Kairi and Io get signed and Mayu now being the ROH champion.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
I dunno how much of that to read into it; if anything, it seems kind of like she's addressing other people's claims that she feels that way. Those three tweets are basically:

1. She didn't join Stardom because she wants to go abroad, but the fact that they have the most foreign guest wrestlers and foreign fans is a big part of what she likes about Stardom

2. In the past she was self-conscious about being half Japanese, but it gave her an awareness of a world outside her school, which gave her hope. She feels like she's finally become able to live in "now" instead of just looking forward to the future ahead of her

3. She wants to continue to grow her bonds to the world outside Japan, but she's most focused on "now," and doesn't consider Stardom just a temporary thing or a stepping stone to other countries

Johnny Landmine fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Mar 27, 2019

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Posted this in the MOTYC thread but if people don't read that thread I'll post it here too. Nanae Takahashi vs. Asuka from SEAdLINNNG last week was an absolute banger and you should watch it.

https://rutube.ru/video/395b0759ef61237193d3ceeb9c42f4bb

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://twitter.com/ringofhonor/status/1111368641700859906

I mean I would have preferred Tenille vs Mayu. But I guess we need yet another Kelly vs Mayu match.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mayu and Kelly have matched well before. But this time its Delirious(boo hiss) booking(groan) so they will have to work extra hard to make their 5 minutes matter.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

coconono posted:

Mayu and Kelly have matched well before. But this time its Delirious(boo hiss) booking(groan) so they will have to work extra hard to make their 5 minutes matter.

Also I'm pretty sure Kelly is going over this time.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

maybe mayu will moonsault off something cool

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
I feel like Mayu won the title so she could defend it in Japan to give it credibility. Now that she's done that, Kelly can win it back. Having Kelly lose 3 times in a row would be weird.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

If you have the time, TJPW's last Hakata Lane show is on and the main event is on now. Yuka and Miyu are being pretty stiff with each other and it's a joy to watch.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Maki Ito challenged Aja Kong for TJPW's next Korakuen lmao

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

why does Ito have a deathwish?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Shiki Shibusawa has officially retired. It wasn't due to injuries as some had suspected. It was due to fan harassment. That was according to Xia Brookside. The retirement speech was uploaded to STARDOM World and its absolutely heart wrenching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mercedes Martinez just got hurt at the SHIMMER show, a spot where Hiroyo Matsumoto powerbombed Cheerleader Melissa onto her