Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Gram Prime is preeeeeetty neato with a zerker build. No forma, red crits out the rear end.

Kinda sucks that melee channeling is now a toggle. Going to have to re-think how to play Excal Umbra, can't do quick channels to get life back...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Can I get an invite to a PS4 clan? I'm Ape_Kill_Ape on PSN.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Did some of the event. It’s ok. I’m interested to see the boss fight. I haven’t seen video of it yet.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I don’t know if my group did it right but the game told us to visit like five fissures and gave us 2 diluted thermia. So it feels like maybe it’s affected by resource doubling? If so I’m gonna hold off till the weekend starts to lessen the pain

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Buried Debts is an absolute dumpster fire on the Switch, since OV crashes so goddamn often you can barely get through 2 canisters without losing people or crashing yourself.

Oh yeah, crashing also eats all your progress so you come out of it with absolutely nothing. No condensed thermia, no points toward the event rewards, just a big old middle finger.

Also if the player holding the can of thermia crashes, the game eats the can too. So that one you're going to seal the 4th fracture with? Oops, they crashed and now you get to find another one and start over.

Fortuna is a goddamn shitshow on Switch right now.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
We need a DE version of :dice: but I ain’t paying for it

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Can I get an invite to the goon clan? PSN name is ButtCollege.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I feel like I am missing something with Zephyr. She just doesn't seem that great. I mean, being immune to bullets is cool but she is like missing something...

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Jolo posted:

Question about the Auras on offer this week as part of the Nightwave: Are any of these worth spending my 50 wolf creds on? At this point I only have one Aura and it's a 15% health buff that adds a few slots. I remember hearing or reading somewhere that the good mods are one that reduces enemy armor and another that regens energy. Is the Loot Detector Aura worth dropping 20 creds for helping find Void Containers?

Don't know which ones are up, but the most useful bar none is Corrosive Projection - it makes a big difference against the Grineer, the toughest enemies in the game.

Other useful auras can be Energy Siphon (especially early on when you don't have ways of generating energy on demand), some of the weapon Amp auras since they will match other polarities and Steel Charge which gives a bigger boost to mod points and a nice boost to melee if that's useful.

But unless you really need them right now, get a couple that match the polarities of your frame's aura slots and use them as free points to stick in more mods. Definitely get Corrosive Projection and make it your default aura unless there's a reason to slot the other ones - and there will be early on in the game, not so much later on.

Edit: should mention that Corrosive Projection (CorPro) can strip all the armor if all 4 players slot it. This can be very important against very high level enemies (100+) which you will never encounter in the starmap unless you're sticking around for 45+ mins in missions. But when you do need it in those kinds of missions, it's important that you have it on. I've been playing close to 300 hours and have run one mission where it was absolutely needed so far and that was for a weekly challenge.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Mar 21, 2019

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Vegastar posted:

Buried Debts is an absolute dumpster fire on the Switch, since OV crashes so goddamn often you can barely get through 2 canisters without losing people or crashing yourself.

Oh yeah, crashing also eats all your progress so you come out of it with absolutely nothing. No condensed thermia, no points toward the event rewards, just a big old middle finger.

Also if the player holding the can of thermia crashes, the game eats the can too. So that one you're going to seal the 4th fracture with? Oops, they crashed and now you get to find another one and start over.

Fortuna is a goddamn shitshow on Switch right now.

I kind of figured that the game wasn’t gonna play nice with hardware worse than the Xbox and PS4. It already chugs on those if things get too busy.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

I feel like I am missing something with Zephyr. She just doesn't seem that great. I mean, being immune to bullets is cool but she is like missing something...

Her 1 is a hoot with the new directional melee slam. I dropped on a posse of Saturn 6 escapees so hard I couldn't actually find two of them afterwards. I think they were blasted through the side of a mountain.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

How do you equip gyromags (or whatever it is that lets you equip them as your heavy) to new archwing weapons? I can't find it under the Vehicles menus. Where is it, anyone know?

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"
It'll ask you to use it when you try to equip an archgun as a heavy weapon in the vehicles tab

Also it's the worst baro visit ugh.

Also also the new amalgam charge attack speed melee mod still doesn't make sancti magister worth using and I'm sad.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

NORTH-HALL posted:

It'll ask you to use it when you try to equip an archgun as a heavy weapon in the vehicles tab

Also it's the worst baro visit ugh.

Also also the new amalgam charge attack speed melee mod still doesn't make sancti magister worth using and I'm sad.

Thanks! And yeah, Baro's haul is garbage this week.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

The Archwing mod screen is really well hidden. Also this Archwing Rush mission sucks rear end. I don't think it's possible without mods to do enough damage to destroy the shield bots.

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

What the gently caress even. The final transport had a single shield bot and I destroyed it and the thing remained invulnerable and escaped anyway. This mission is hosed. If there was a second shield bot it wasn't showing up on my screen.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Her 4 is the main attraction. Power up her tornados with your 2, shoot them with a good elemental gun like the Arca Plasmor, and watch everything around you die (and help it along by shooting the tornados again, because the damage you do to one will spread to every enemy caught up in it). Her 1 and 3 offer good utility and good survivability respectively, but her 4 is how you warcrime all over people.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Darth Walrus posted:

Her 4 is the main attraction. Power up her tornados with your 2, shoot them with a good elemental gun like the Arca Plasmor, and watch everything around you die (and help it along by shooting the tornados again, because the damage you do to one will spread to every enemy caught up in it). Her 1 and 3 offer good utility and good survivability respectively, but her 4 is how you warcrime all over people.

Ah that's neato. Does the tornado work on bosses or damage them if it does not CC them?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Pipski posted:

Thanks! And yeah, Baro's haul is garbage this week.
I wanted to disagree, but yeah. Prisma Veritux maybe, but it's archwing melee which means you wouldn't be using knuc, and why would you not be using knux? Do you hate fun?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
If you want to reliably farm up the new Stalker ephemera, you should pick up as many Stalker beacons as seems reasonable to you. Maybe try and set up a goon beacon share where you rotate each mission.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Prisma Gorgon is actually pretty good.

Also Prisma Veritux is low key pretty good now too with the dual stat melee Archwing mods.

(Centaur is objectively the best archmelee and it's not even close lol)

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

Ah that's neato. Does the tornado work on bosses or damage them if it does not CC them?

I believe so, yes.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

I only just started playing this game a week or two ago and I'm having a lot of fun so far. Got up to Mastery Rank 4 and more weapon choices have opened up. Maybe this is a silly question, but are there any "trap" weapons that look cool or might have an interesting function but are otherwise worthless? I don't really understand what a lot of the stats mean when looking at weapons, so I'd hate to spend the credits and time grinding out a blueprint for a bad pistol or something.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There aren’t really any traps since to continue progressing you want to master all of them. The trap is selecting which ones are worth putting a Catalyst and a bunch of Forma in. Make the ones you have plenty of materials for so when you get the good ones you can make them ASAP. A simple google of “best weapon at MR x” is good enough. At MR 4 you can get the Hek shotgun which is great for most of the star chart. Ask for the Syndicate mod for it in Clan chat if you’re in a Goon clan.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Two outstanding invite requests granted.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

So just to be clear, is it quad resources this weekend on the vallis? Because if so I can and will wear out the last of my arthritic finger joints farming toroids.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

KDdidit posted:

There aren’t really any traps since to continue progressing you want to master all of them. The trap is selecting which ones are worth putting a Catalyst and a bunch of Forma in. Make the ones you have plenty of materials for so when you get the good ones you can make them ASAP. A simple google of “best weapon at MR x” is good enough. At MR 4 you can get the Hek shotgun which is great for most of the star chart. Ask for the Syndicate mod for it in Clan chat if you’re in a Goon clan.

That makes sense, and thanks for the info. I've played ftp games before that had way too many garbage items that the game wants you to pay real money to make useable, so that's where I was coming from. Ugh, screw that.

Raptor1033 posted:

Two outstanding invite requests granted.

Thanks! What can I do to help the cause?

Chip McFuck fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Mar 23, 2019

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I am not a fan of the new fissures. I never know when to leave so I did 15 earlier, then had a minor heart attack when the host split. Luckily the rubber bands holding the multiplayer servers held and I kept my rewards.

The key to success with pubbies seems to revolve around hunting for and tagging the exploiter, so everyone knows where to get the coolant. Play as Frost and bubble the fissure.

Melee 2.9R is fun, but my zaw now keeps propelling me over the edge of cliffs at random points during my combo. This makes it even better somehow.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I am not a fan of the new fissures. I never know when to leave

Afaik you just pull out when it gives you your diluted thermia, because that's 4 rounds, which count as 7. So do it in multiples of four I think.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Does Mesa's Peacemarker work on bosses? I tried to shoot Mr. Saturn Six but it refused to shoot him.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Mesadoram posted:

Does Mesa's Peacemarker work on bosses? I tried to shoot Mr. Saturn Six but it refused to shoot him.

It doesn’t work on him. Some targets are immune, usually bosses and other high value stuff.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Pipski posted:

Afaik you just pull out when it gives you your diluted thermia, because that's 4 rounds, which count as 7. So do it in multiples of four I think.
For me the biggest issue is starting the drat things. Once you tag the exploiter and grab a coolant cell it's pretty straightforward from there.

But the majority of my time has been spent trying to get it started amid dropped connections on the way to the mission, people getting frustrated and dropping out, host switching and ending up alone, underlevelled players dying, pubbies going off hunting (yes, we can see your echo marker popping up) or trying to build up a 4 star rating so they can toroid farm.

If you start off as a group by the fortuna gate and start a fissure quickly, most pubbies follow the yellow marker and you can settle into a rhythm. But if you join a match in progress it can be a real struggle to get that shitshow under any kind of control.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
If you're on PS4 and need help, I've got some time today around 6 or 7pm central to help farm.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Lightning Knight posted:

It doesn’t work on him. Some targets are immune, usually bosses and other high value stuff.

:smith:

That kinda sucks.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

Been running Void Fissure missions and I managed to get the component parts of Zephyr Prime! Feels so cool to be so close to getting something like that even though I haven't been playing that long. Now I just need to hit the jackpot on the one relic I have with her blueprint...

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Chip McFuck posted:

Been running Void Fissure missions and I managed to get the component parts of Zephyr Prime! Feels so cool to be so close to getting something like that even though I haven't been playing that long. Now I just need to hit the jackpot on the one relic I have with her blueprint...

I still cannot get my last piece of Oberon Prime. Went through like 8 of the Axi's and still nothing.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hitting the 75% off jackpot on PS4, another one today makes 4 in the last 2 months. Bought Hildryn with it because I have zero Vox Solaris standing and would be nice to have something sorta first.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I'm a Sola off of rank 1... ugh

Chip McFuck posted:

I've been farming for weeks for one piece of a bunch of Primes, Radianted all of the relics, and got 1 gold drop, then my friend logs on, radiants 3, gets three gold drops. Luckly I was there and got them all, (Yay for Chroma, Ember, and Zephyr Primes). Now if only I could get that last bit of Frost before it goes away.

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Still trying to figure out what happened last night with the 40 wave defense that we had a group for. It failed suddenly near wave 40 and I have no idea why. Someone mentioned not rescuing a hostage (or something like that) but I assumed it was a joke.

Before that we’d made it to wave 40 on the derelict and didn’t get credit, so it was twice as frustrating.

Hoping someone’s willing to give it another shot before the week is up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Oh yeah for sure I’ll go again but not immediately after a demoralizing failure. I bet the defense objective got swarmed and murdered before we noticed. Another possibility I’m unsure of, if an enemy hit one of the mesas with radiation they could have accidentally obliterated the defendee in a half second if they swept over it. Next time I try, I’ll probably go as frost just for some insurance.