Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Barkley 2 will be the one who will fill our dark souls with liiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Barkley 2 will be the one who will fill our dark souls with liiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

lol, I remember posting something about how this game and dark souls 2 were the games I was excited about coming out. As of today dark souls 2, dark souls 3, bloodborne, and sekiro have come out before Barkley 2

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

balarkey

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Roundup Ready posted:

lol, I remember posting something about how this game and dark souls 2 were the games I was excited about coming out. As of today dark souls 2, dark souls 3, bloodborne, and sekiro have come out before Barkley 2

Likewise brother

Chas McGill in 2013 posted:

I'm only looking forward to two computer games - this, and Dark Souls 2.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
tog has released a bunch of gameplay videos and tons of gun sprites, and frankly im embarrased for those whos stil ltrying to troll this thread w/ "lol its never coming out"

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken

Nosfereefer posted:

tog has released a bunch of gameplay videos and tons of gun sprites, and frankly im embarrased for those whos stil ltrying to troll this thread w/ "lol its never coming out"

looking forward to barkley2.zip the hottest collection of pngs for use in sprite comics

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
Me, to a dumbass Star Citizen backer: Nice .jpg of a starship ya got there *snicker* be a real shame if something happened to it *select-moves several .pngs of meat GUNS' threateningly*

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

'Several' does not begin to describe the number of gun's png's.

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

1920x1080_Cyberdwarf.jpg has been my desktop background for years

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
game is done, they are just waiting for 2023 for jokes

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

What is by 2023, they meant when this thread reaches page 2023? In that case, both believers and nonbelievers are equally valuable in bringing about the Barkpocalypse.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lol this game is dead

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

lol this game is dead

you're dead

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yes; so is the game

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

yes; so is the game

dead seriously good, that is

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

when they release it, which they will, assholes

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

They blew their budget making body pillows and don't want to admit it.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I'm convinced the pixel guy kept working away, while everyone else had given up a long time ago, but didn't bother to inform him.

Truth
Feb 24, 2005
Is Chef eric still working on this

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Scarodactyl posted:

Yes. He has pretty much finished up his art, and stepped back from doing other dev things on it because there were too many cooks in the kitchen. If I am recalling correctly, that's what he sees as the source of most of their delays and development issues, too many people with good ideas working a bit too independently.

that might explain a delay of a couple years or so, but we're entering year 6

it also doesn't explain why it's been 2 years since they've publicly talked about the project

it does not appear Chef is working on this anymore. he was last seen asking for work on a dev forum and people were briefly mad

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the last thing i remember their game rooms were getting too much for game maker 1 to load, which i believe was a critical factor in creating game maker 2

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

Nope. This is the flash version. Thanks for trying though.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
borkley doesnt exist, it never existed, it never wont exist

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Firstborn posted:

borkley doesnt exist, it never existed, it never wont exist

The Kingdom Of Borkley Is Inside You

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Embody barkley... And it will follow you

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Barkleh

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

WarpDogs posted:

that might explain a delay of a couple years or so, but we're entering year 6

it also doesn't explain why it's been 2 years since they've publicly talked about the project

it does not appear Chef is working on this anymore. he was last seen asking for work on a dev forum and people were briefly mad

Source? I am eager to see what he’s doing now. I also want to see how mad people were.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

The real Magical Realms of Tír na nÓg: Escape from Necron 7 - Revenge of Cuchulainn: The Official Game of the Movie - Chapter 2 of the Hoopz Barkley SaGa was the friends we made along the way.

singateco
Jan 28, 2013
Brooklyn

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Source? I am eager to see what he’s doing now. I also want to see how mad people were.

Seconding this.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Obviously its side work to fund barkley 2

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

it's somewhere in this thread
you know have a chance to read this thread again from the beginning
that's the true Berkeley 2

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

It's pretty boring. I only know of it due to some resourceful KS commenter

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/codexian-game-development-thread.69297/page-123

His username is eric__s. A few people asked "wait what about Barkley?" and he ignored them and never posted in that topic again

looks like the angry comments on the KS were deleted at some point :(

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
That's kinda lovely. I mean, if the game isn't happening, I'm not that mad about my cash, but like... say so, rather than looking for side work (especially among people who are way more likely than average to have funded your kickstarter)

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Game's coming out tomorrow at 1pm est, y'all gonna feel like fools soon lmao

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

B Is Real 2023

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Barkleigh

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Durp posted:

Game of the year 2013 right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

It's going to be a launch exclusive for the PS5. They can't talk about it because they signed an NDA with Sony.