Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

MaliciousOnion posted:

AA is one of those modpacks that's really nice and has some interesting mechanics, but is overshadowed in a lot of areas by other mods, which is unfortunate.
It's not overshadowed by anything for early game ore generation. You get infinite all ores in your first 3-4 hours of play with lens of the miner being automated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
So I made some Prismarine armor using Tinker's Armory in Sevtech Ages and I can't recommend it enough. With four pieces of armor, each with just a single part of prismarine, I not only have reasonably decent defense for age 2, but water has gone from being a constant irritation to being GREAT. Basically it lets you move through water faster - with or against the current. Tired of running into water in caves? No longer! Big oceans irritating spans you have to boat across? SAY GOODBYE TO THAT!

It's great. I just wish it had infinite water breathing by default instead of it being a modifier.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Does anybody have a recommendation for a currency mod in 1.12.2? I want to use something for NPC trading with CustomNPCs. I thought that mod included a currency, but maybe it was removed post-1.7.10 or something.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Falcon2001 posted:

So I made some Prismarine armor using Tinker's Armory in Sevtech Ages and I can't recommend it enough. With four pieces of armor, each with just a single part of prismarine, I not only have reasonably decent defense for age 2, but water has gone from being a constant irritation to being GREAT. Basically it lets you move through water faster - with or against the current. Tired of running into water in caves? No longer! Big oceans irritating spans you have to boat across? SAY GOODBYE TO THAT!

It's great. I just wish it had infinite water breathing by default instead of it being a modifier.

I covered the entire floor of the nearby ocean in squid totems when we cleared sevtech a while ago. Totemic is pretty crazy if you're willing to blanket your world in totem poles like they're utility poles (which they work fine as later)

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Does anybody have a recommendation for a currency mod in 1.12.2? I want to use something for NPC trading with CustomNPCs. I thought that mod included a currency, but maybe it was removed post-1.7.10 or something.

Good Old Currency. It has money items, and includes vending/exchange machines.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Apparently someone made a fork of Mekanism: https://github.com/mekanica/mekanica

Highlights from his release thread include:

* Removed voice-server functionality; have 5% of your CPU back!
* Overhauled entire sound system to work reliably with mufflers; reduced size of sound files by 90%
* De-duplicated code across the GUI to allow for consistency and easier maintenance

Minecraft mods, ladies and germs.

Love seeing modders get the wrong end of modder insanity. Takes me back to greg v. slimeknights.

Break Out is a really good pack, it's like a way better version of stoneblock. Anyone played it?

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

30.5 Days posted:

Love seeing modders get the wrong end of modder insanity. Takes me back to greg v. slimeknights.

Break Out is a really good pack, it's like a way better version of stoneblock. Anyone played it?

I played it, I got sick of it after/just before breaking the obsidian shell and cheated my way through just to see what was outside.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

Anias posted:

I covered the entire floor of the nearby ocean in squid totems when we cleared sevtech a while ago. Totemic is pretty crazy if you're willing to blanket your world in totem poles like they're utility poles (which they work fine as later)

You can also use high level wine from Rustic. Each bottle adds 2 minutes to all your positive buffs...regardless of how long those buffs would normally last. Set up a single area with just every goddamn totem effect you want and can squeeze in, then just sit in the center of all your totems and drink copiously to make yourself superhuman. Reminded me of Morrowind, but drunker.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Man I’m so bad at chilling out, always gotta progress now now now.

In regrowth I’m sick of using the fertiliser to get mystical flowers so I went and grabbed the plants and now I finally have the seeds. I find I lack a lot of garden soil but my limiter isn’t compost, it’s dirt. Is there something I can use to generate dirt or am I poo poo out of luck until I can transmute cracked sand with thaumcraft?

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

The two big ways to get dirt are through earth seeds (4 essence gives you like half a stack) or the dirt generating rod from botania.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

My big tactic for Regrowth is to spam plus signs of garden soil (dirt until I get enough) in an area, toss up some sprinklers as soon as I can, and whenever it rains, it's like free growth spam! Because while there isn't visible rain, the sprinkler tanks only check for the isRaining=true or whatever. It's usually all I can do to keep up with my plants at that point. If I remember right, I can get like 7 or 8 sets in the range of 2 sprinklers, though to be fair it's been a while since I've played it.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
God I love Astral Sorcery. New perk grid is amazing. Love my 'stuff you break gets teleported into your inventory' passive perk.

I want Regrowth with Astral Sorcery.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Mar 19, 2019

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Black Pants posted:

Love my 'stuff you break gets teleported into your inventory' passive perk.
Seeing items scattered on the ground to pick up with that little pop sound has always been sorta pleasing in a skinner box kinda way, but never having to deal with dropped items is so incredibly good in an alien way. This single perk is so good it made me reconsider everything I knew about Minecraft.
I wish you could just turn that on, or that there were an option or at least a mod for it. It's just so much less tedious.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

Black Pants posted:

God I love Astral Sorcery. New perk grid is amazing. Love my 'stuff you break gets teleported into your inventory' passive perk.

I want Regrowth with Astral Sorcery.

I'm getting a newfound appreciation for AssSorc in SevTech Ages.

Just got to the Immersive Engineering section of it...and boy I need a break. I just kind of forgot how frustrating it is to have to grind ALL THAT STEEL that you need for ALL THOSE MULTIBLOCKS. They're exciting, sure, but boy...so much steel.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
By the point of starting ImEng you should be nearly into godhood with all of AssSorcs tools/mantles/enchanting and using unbreakable excavating tinkers tools. Unless you're just not automating enough the move into later mid game should be a breeze with the sheer amount of resources you can supply in short order.

Also Horologium rituals give tick speed increases if that's what you're waiting on.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

ProfessorCirno posted:

You can also use high level wine from Rustic. Each bottle adds 2 minutes to all your positive buffs...regardless of how long those buffs would normally last. Set up a single area with just every goddamn totem effect you want and can squeeze in, then just sit in the center of all your totems and drink copiously to make yourself superhuman. Reminded me of Morrowind, but drunker.

Your avatar completely fits this post.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

Falcon2001 posted:

I'm getting a newfound appreciation for AssSorc in SevTech Ages.

Just got to the Immersive Engineering section of it...and boy I need a break. I just kind of forgot how frustrating it is to have to grind ALL THAT STEEL that you need for ALL THOSE MULTIBLOCKS. They're exciting, sure, but boy...so much steel.

Astral Sorcery is so beyond useful to Sevtech. The defensive ritual you can bind to yourself makes you invulnerable just in time for the Twilight Forest, it gives easy access to some great enchants for basically free (why yes, I think I will make my doggie boots impossible to break!), early elytra flight from one of the cloaks, a way better slingshot from one of the wands (which you can combine with the cloak for basically easy early flight), and while Horologium rituals are good, I got way more use early on out of the one that makes your animals just passively drop their meat, wool, and leather. No more two step fuckery with water basins, they just drop leather as is.

Anias posted:

Your avatar completely fits this post.

I'm just saying, getting that sea lantern and prismarine is easy when you're too drunk to drown :beerpal:

Rynoto posted:

By the point of starting ImEng you should be nearly into godhood with all of AssSorcs tools/mantles/enchanting and using unbreakable excavating tinkers tools. Unless you're just not automating enough the move into later mid game should be a breeze with the sheer amount of resources you can supply in short order.

Also Horologium rituals give tick speed increases if that's what you're waiting on.

Even with automation, immersive engineering is always a pain in the rear end. Has anyone seriously hosed around with it's weapons and items? None of them looked better then what I already had, and they seemed pretty time intensive to try to make and work with, and so immersive engineering ends up being little more then boxes to check off.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

ProfessorCirno posted:

Even with automation, immersive engineering is always a pain in the rear end. Has anyone seriously hosed around with it's weapons and items? None of them looked better then what I already had, and they seemed pretty time intensive to try to make and work with, and so immersive engineering ends up being little more then boxes to check off.

I used the revolver in Exoria, but yeah, they're undertuned compared to most other mods. They are mostly there so you can be fully thematic with the mod's style, I guess.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

Rynoto posted:

Yeah it's just sheer steel processing / smelting and casting time. Some of the steel needs to be in ingots, some needs to be in rods, some needs to be in plates, etc etc.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
FTB Sky Odyssey is in public beta - anyone tried it out yet?

From reading, seems like Sky Adventures but with more Kitchen Sink added

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Devor posted:

FTB Sky Odyssey is in public beta - anyone tried it out yet?

From reading, seems like Sky Adventures but with more Kitchen Sink added

Supposedly it's Sky Adventures, but with "what if you actually had a use for trillions and trillions of EMC?"

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Supposedly it's Sky Adventures, but with "what if you actually had a use for trillions and trillions of EMC?"

I hope they gated the upper tier of machines behind Avaritia singularities

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Pillbug

Devor posted:

I hope they gated the upper tier of machines behind Avaritia singularities

I hope they gated the lower tier of machines. :getin:

Edit: after reviewing, the IE stuff is way less work than I remembered. I guess I always just rushed the big stuff like arc furnace/etc, but getting a Diesel Generator up and going in Sevtech ages isn't too bad at all.

double edit: oh nevermind all the steel was at the very end of the list of things I needed.

Falcon2001 fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Mar 20, 2019

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
But seriously. 1.12 Regrowth with Astral Sorcery somewhere in there. Maybe replacing Witchery.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

The new an sorc, what is the easiest perk to lvl up in sevtech?

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Depends what you do a lot of. Vicio if you're running around a lot. There's a star that lets you change your starting perk (and thus how you get XP) without resetting the whole thing though.

President Ark posted:

immersive engineering's crusher is extremely fast ore doubling (it's like... two blocks processed/second) if you fully power it, although it's power hungry as poo poo

Yeah, it's fun just dumping stacks of stuff into it and then walking away. The Arc Smelter is also nonsensically fast too, but also hungry.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 22, 2019

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
immersive engineering's crusher is extremely fast ore doubling (it's like... two blocks processed/second) if you fully power it, although it's power hungry as poo poo

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

President Ark posted:

You can use a single thermal expansion dynamo boiler to power 2 1/2 immersive engineering steam turbines last I checked. I don't think power should be an issue.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Seems the version of sevtech im using doesnt have the astral sorc expanded perk tree.

Would it break my save if i replaced it with the latest?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Meskhenet posted:

Seems the version of sevtech im using doesnt have the astral sorc expanded perk tree.

Would it break my save if i replaced it with the latest?

I wouldn't risk it as packs like it tend to be pretty fiddly. At best you'd have the new stuff not being balanced to the rest of the pack with things like recipes and at worst the advancements could break completely.

Making a backup and giving it a try wouldn't hurt. At least have a chance to see what would need to be fixed.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Mar 22, 2019

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

You don't want to upgrade astral sorcery on sevtech. The old version sevtech uses has a super, super broken version of Armara that makes you functionally invincible. You want that invincibility for all of age 2's dumb combat challenges.

To level it up, take off all your armor and walk into a cactus. Once you hit level 2, pick the fall damage reduction perk, then use your slimesling to accrue lots of fall damage. You'll level it to max in no time.

LordOfTheNoobs
Sep 7, 2009

So I'm playing Stoneblock 2 and holy poo poo does PlusTiC (I think it's the mod) have to be so drat political? It's ridiculous.

One of them is "Democratic People's Republic of Korea - spawn the Supreme Leader, a creeper-like entity to defend the summoner," along with some other traits with some questionable wording.

LordOfTheNoobs fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Mar 22, 2019

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

LordOfTheNoobs posted:

So I'm playing Stoneblock 2 and holy poo poo does PlusTiC (I think it's the mod) have to be so drat political? It's ridiculous and is making me not want to play it or any pack with that mod.

Wh... what? I'm genuinely curious how "some more metals and alloys for tinkers" is political

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
That's the only one from that mod I know about. I think you can get that modifier from fusewood, but I never have seen what it did. You mean there are others?

I guess from here: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/plustic

quote:

Good Friday Agreement - attack iron golems without fear of reprisal

I don't really get it.

LordOfTheNoobs
Sep 7, 2009

I might have been a bit over exaggerating about how political it is in the spur of the moment; but still, the small amount of references to korea and Trump just irked me a bit.

Let's just move on to a different subject, though I have been enjoying Stoneblock 2 for what it is, though I am at the early beginning of it.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
I tried the DPRK modifier last night. It sends out smaller, black creeper that runs at the target and blows up for anywhere from, like, 1-20 damage. It makes the creeper sounds too so it kept putting me on edge. It's a pretty dumb one. I haven't found the Trump one yet. I was planning to use that mod for extra tool parts like for bloodwood and emeralds (actually making blades and stuff from emeralds).

To continue on my rant about 1.12.2, I found in HQM I can't delete my quest rewards and submission items right now. I just kept telling myself I'd play with this more when it matured, but everybody else has been acting like it matured, like, a year ago or something. I don't get it.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

enigmatica 2 expert question: does rock crystal ore show up on the scanner set to rare ores mode

e: i have discovered that it doesn't but holding a resonating wand makes it visible from the surface

President Ark fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 23, 2019

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Ack astral sorcery needs a lot of space. I usually like to build an area ahead of time when working on a mod, about how much space should I reserve for all of the astral sorcery crafting stuff?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Xun posted:

Ack astral sorcery needs a lot of space. I usually like to build an area ahead of time when working on a mod, about how much space should I reserve for all of the astral sorcery crafting stuff?

the top tier altar tops out at 11x11 in terms of footprint and needs to be open to the sky, you'll probably need some starlight collectors but they're small 3x3s

there's some other multiblocks but i don't think they're bigger than 11x11 (but also need to be open to the sky so they can't be on top of each other)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

To continue on my rant about 1.12.2, I found in HQM I can't delete my quest rewards and submission items right now. I just kept telling myself I'd play with this more when it matured, but everybody else has been acting like it matured, like, a year ago or something. I don't get it.

What about BQ?