Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Those seem like some awfully big buildings to fill and I hope they have the matches to draw or welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

blast0rama posted:

I saw some coverage of the NOAH relaunch show and it sounded interesting, especially the main. Any idea when it’s airing/where to watch?

I'd recommend keeping an eye on the Puroresu Dreams Twitter. It's from at least one of the people behind the Real Hero Archive.

I don't pay too much attention but I'd maybe look at it to appear somewhere between 1 and 2 weeks but if I see it before then I will try remember to let you know.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Appreciated, thank you!

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Those seem like some awfully big buildings to fill and I hope they have the matches to draw or welp

This tbh. If this AJPW invasion actually goes ahead that値l help NOAH痴 chances a bit, but idk how BJW and DDT値l do it. I suppose DDT値l bring back Kenny for that show lmao.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i want kento miyahara to be a part of the g1 climax this year

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

NOAH's big announcement was that they're running Osaka EDION Arena 1 on September 16th and Sumo Hall on November 2nd (BJW and DDT are running Sumo Hall on the 3rd and 4th so stacked weekend for wrestling)

poo poo, if new japan announced that far in advance and i could see one of their shows too (even korakuen), i'd be looking at november flights

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Venomous posted:

This tbh. If this AJPW invasion actually goes ahead that値l help NOAH痴 chances a bit, but idk how BJW and DDT値l do it. I suppose DDT値l bring back Kenny for that show lmao.

The DDT/BJW shows are regular events. The only difference this year is them doing it on the same weekend (and I guess also DDT not using the Peter Pan name for the show and making it a combined show between their four brands)

DDT and BJW are offering a joint ticket for both shows iirc so it'd be nice if NOAH got in on that given how close they are with DDT.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

abraham linksys posted:

poo poo, if new japan announced that far in advance and i could see one of their shows too (even korakuen), i'd be looking at november flights

Hotels might suck that weekend, the Rugby World Cup final is in Yokohama and I知 expecting New Zealand to empty out up here for that.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

abraham linksys posted:

Power Struggle is most likely that weekend or the next.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

While we're talking NOAH, they are streaming a show live on Youtube next Sunday, their last at Hakata Starlane, a bowling venue which is closing down this month.

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1104973251921543169

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Here's the card

The Youtube channel

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Significant changes to DDT Universe subscriptions in May

Tiered memberships scrapped for one Universe price (900 yen, $8USD)
Free membership will still exist, get weekly free matches and select live shows day of
In April current Silver/Platinum members must change to Gold to roll over to the new Universe price, otherwise they'll be downgraded to free membership in May
Platinum member perks will roll over to Universe
Paid members who were paying over a year with new changes in effect on May get free ticket to show of choice
Starting in April in Japan paid subs (Platinum first) get first dibs on tickets to the free Wrestle Peter Pan July show

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
NOAH is doing a youtube stream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZgun11DPU4

Oh yeah I guess this is one of the last Hakata Star Lanes shows

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 08:59 on Mar 17, 2019

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
I like the guy that got the pin in the 8-man tag, whatever his name is. He seems cool.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ddtuniverse/status/1108711047160946688 Kenny :unsmith:

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Just watched DDT Into the Fight, thought it was pretty fun! Looking forward to what happens with the Sendai Girls team holding the 6-Man belts, they're great.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
NAKAZAWA might not be the funniest or best wrestler in DDT but he was legitimately Kenny's first best friend in Japan and one of his closest friends in wrestling. Back when Kenny was still relatively new in Japan he had been on a DDT show I really wanted to see so I added him to MySpace and asked if he had the footage, he told me he'd ask NAKAZAWA if he could get it for him and sure enough, NAKAZAWA did since it was a show Kenny wanted to have a keepsake of too.

He speaks almost fluent English because he went to College in America for a while, pretty great dude like most of the DDT family.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jiro "Ikemen" Kuroshio has announced he's leaving Wrestle-1 to go independent and that he wants to go to America and win the world championship of the biggest promotion.

That is pretty similar to what Taiji Ishimori and Shingo Takagi said though...

He has started following AEW fwiw

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

NAKAZAWA might not be the funniest or best wrestler in DDT but he was legitimately Kenny's first best friend in Japan and one of his closest friends in wrestling. Back when Kenny was still relatively new in Japan he had been on a DDT show I really wanted to see so I added him to MySpace and asked if he had the footage, he told me he'd ask NAKAZAWA if he could get it for him and sure enough, NAKAZAWA did since it was a show Kenny wanted to have a keepsake of too.

He speaks almost fluent English because he went to College in America for a while, pretty great dude like most of the DDT family.

He's not incredible, but he can go, Nakazawa getting work because of Kenny is pretty far removed , say Hogan getting Brutus work (let's all he grateful for that)

Hopefully Kenny doesn't let Chasyn Rance within 50 feet of the company.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 23, 2019

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Jiro "Ikemen" Kuroshio has announced he's leaving Wrestle-1 to go independent and that he wants to go to America and win the world championship of the biggest promotion.

That is pretty similar to what Taiji Ishimori and Shingo Takagi said though...

He has started following AEW fwiw

If he would just go and be the main event star of DDT

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Nakazawa was hired by AEW as a very important liaison and translator for other japanese

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

So unlike Ed Leslie, NAKAZAWA is pulling his weight. Until he gets tired and goes home. Not much stamina from having all those fireworks explode in his rear end.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
nakazawa absolutely has a clause in his aew contract about no fireworks up the rear end, right?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

mikeycp posted:

nakazawa absolutely has a clause in his aew contract about no fireworks up the rear end, right?

Most definitely. I mean, if AEW allowed fireworks to be shot from asses, you can bet Ibushi would have signed with them over New Japan regardless of who offered better money.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

NOAH are livestreaming Friday's Korakuen Hall show on YouTube.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Shuji Ishikawa and Kota Ibushi have invented a new move for Shuji to use in the Champion Carnival.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Shuji Ishikawa and Kota Ibushi have invented a new move for Shuji to use in the Champion Carnival.

Avalanche 24sai?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Early condolences for Shuji's opponents.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Avalanche 24sai?

Phoenixplex 24sai. I don't know how the hell it's gonna work, but people are gonna get crippled.

Edit: Somehow he'll also be shooting off rockets while doing the move.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Koji Kitao died. :(

https://www.fnn.jp/posts/00415230CX

Dude lived a wild life and I guess it caught up with him. 55 is no age to go.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MrBling posted:

Koji Kitao died. :(

https://www.fnn.jp/posts/00415230CX

Dude lived a wild life and I guess it caught up with him. 55 is no age to go.

Puro's original bad boy.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

Puro's original bad boy.

I think that's Rikidozan considering the urban legend surrounding his death

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I think that's Rikidozan considering the urban legend surrounding his death

chilling with Yakuza isn't really that naughty compared to

-slapping a sumo boss's wife
-calling Riki Choshu an ethnic slur
-yelling about how fake wrestling is on a live mic
-and some other stuff I forget.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Refusing to job to Nobuhiko Takada, who proceded to shoot KO him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWsgssWYbjs

Venomous fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Nov 11, 2020

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Dragon Gate related wrestlers will probably never set foot in the US again if all these Visa and company issues keep up.

https://twitter.com/wrestlecon/status/1111689902725435392?s=19

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I'm always surprised this doesn't happen more often with fly-ins from abroad considering how difficult it can be to get a visa to work in the USA.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you will note that the wrestlecon people specifically said they were trying to do it the right way

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Sounds like they hired a lovely attorney

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Sounds like they hired a lovely attorney

Not that it's an excuse, but I was pretty sure that Highspots (who runs WrestleCon) is/was owned by an attorney.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

blast0rama posted:

Not that it's an excuse, but I was pretty sure that Highspots (who runs WrestleCon) is/was owned by an attorney.

Interesting. I deal with public sector bureaucracy a lot and it's very complex and lovely but in most circumstances you can navigate it with an attorney that's halfway competent and specializes in it.