Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/onecoolsquirrel/status/1108458140742361094?s=19

Snydercon will be livestrsming his q&a, for those of you interested

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Justice.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Justice for Snyder

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I wish that were on something other than Vero though.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Did anyone watch the DotD Q & A? Snyder was talking a bit about all the death threats and hate mail he received because he made “running zombies”. He said “I had no idea that people took zombies so seriously.”

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I wonder if Solid Snake will be part of the Q&A for Watchmen.

Kaiba
Apr 4, 2004
Bay, just have a mash, bay.
You can watch the DotD Q&A here, starts about 20 mins in

https://www.vero.co/vero-live-broadcast

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Mr. Apollo posted:

Did anyone watch the DotD Q & A? Snyder was talking a bit about all the death threats and hate mail he received because he made “running zombies”. He said “I had no idea that people took zombies so seriously.”

Haha that rules

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

People really dislike Snyder when he seems chill af. loving baffling. Dude is just a turbonerd who wants to make cool poo poo.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

People also picture him as some huge jock which may have something to do with it. He's not.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

The Watchman Q&A is going on right now and Snyder is talking about criticisms of his portrayal of superheros and Batman in particular. He's saying the he had people come up to him and get mad because "their" Batman would never kill anyone. He said "I'd tell them that's cool but you're living in a dream world."

He said he wanted to create "realistic" superheros. He said that no normal person is going to go out and do the things Batman does and going out and operating outside of the justice system to capture and stop criminals that the police can't is going to require someone to be brutal. He said something like "Is it a good thing? gently caress no but it's the only way they could operate and I don't get people who can't see that."

He also said he has seen all the Marvel movies and enjoys them "but there should be room to be able to do something different. There's more than one way to do characters especially those who have been around as long as many comic book characters have."

On Superman he said the he is a extremely good person who only wants to help people and the world and you never have to worry about him screwing you over. He said the Clark could have easily killed anyone at any point of his life, not intentionally but purely by accident; especially as a child. The fact that he didn't speaks volumes about the goodness of his character and the way he was raised by his parents.

He said that Superman genuinely wants to help people and the world and he is frustrated because people want him to only help "their side". He said Superman represents Truth, Justice, and the American Way 'whatever that means". Truth and Justice are not the exclusive property of any one group and Superman really wants to represent what those ideals mean, not just saying them or representing the ideals that one side wants to force on others.

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Mar 24, 2019

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Mr. Apollo posted:

He also said he has seen all the Marvel movies and enjoys them "but there should be room to be able to do something different. There's more than one way to do characters especially those who have been around as long as many comic book characters have."

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

teagone posted:

People really dislike Snyder when he seems chill af. loving baffling. Dude is just a turbonerd who wants to make cool poo poo.

When it comes to fans, it doesn’t matter how nice the person who made it is, they made, to their eyes, an abomination of cinema and they must be punished for it.

It’s literally insane.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Mr. Apollo posted:

The Watchman Q&A is going on right now and Snyder is talking about criticisms of his portrayal of superheros and Batman in particular. He's saying the he had people come up to him and get mad because "their" Batman would never kill anyone. He said "I'd tell them that's cool but you're living in a dream world."

https://twitter.com/boomborks/status/1109673855402930176

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Zack Snyder loving rules and I wish more of his critics saw this.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I want more of Zack venting and explaining his perspective on superheroes. This is great :allears:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Hope Snyder goes HAM for the BvS Q&A.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

quote:

On Superman he said the he is a extremely good person who only wants to help people and the world and you never have to worry about him screwing you over. He said the Clark could have easily killed anyone at any point of his life, not intentionally but purely by accident; especially as a child. The fact that he didn't speaks volumes about the goodness of his character and the way he was raised by his parents.

Tell that to you know how this joke ends

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

worked up Zach Snyder sounds more than a little bit like John Mulaney

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Someone link the BvS Q&A once it's over please. If possible.

[edit] Oh wait, it'll probably show up here again, nevermind. https://www.vero.co/vero-live-broadcast

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

I'm so happy he dropped the "Watchman talks about comic books the same way this talks about comic book movies," because that's legit been my read on Snyder's superhero filmography, and it's nice to have that backed up by the man himself.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Darko posted:

People also picture him as some huge jock which may have something to do with it. He's not.

Yeah, guess that's still a thing. Don't think he'll ever be able to shake that bad rap, heh. A goon in the BSS movie thread just called him an idiot fratboy lol.

[edit] vvv heh

teagone fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Mar 25, 2019

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Audience Member: "What the hell happened with Justice League?"
Zack Snyder: "Yeah, that's a good question."

Snyder is explaining what his original idea for JL was and how the script was all written before BvS came out but after the "small but extremely vocal" group of people "went crazy" about BvS the studio forced them to rewrite JL as a single move and to take out "crazy dark stuff". JL was supposed to be a 3 part movie and the second part was supposed to be in the distant future where Darkseid had won and Batman, Flash, and Cyborg are working on time travel to try and undo Darksied's victory.

He said on of his ideas about time travel is that the person travelling moves through time but not physical space so when you time travel you have to do it on the same day that you want to jump to because the Earth has to be at the same spot in its travel around the sun otherwise you'll end up in space.

Mr. Apollo fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Mar 25, 2019

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Mr. Apollo posted:

Audience Member: "What the hell happened with Justice League?"
Zack Snyder: "Yeah, that's a good question."

Snyder is explaining what his original idea for JL was and how the script was all written before BvS came out but after the "small but extremely vocal" group of people "went crazy" about BvS the studio forced them to rewrite JL as a single move and to take out "crazy dark stuff". JL was supposed to be a 3 part movie and the second part was supposed to be in the distant future where Darkseid had won and Batman, Flash, and Cyborg are working on time travel to try and undo Darksied's victory.

He said on of his ideas about time travel is that the person travelling moves through time but not physical space so when you time travel you have to do it on the same day that you want to jump to because the Earth has to be at the same spot in its travel around the sun otherwise you'll end up in space.

PHYSICS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY! /Morbo

But yeah, the big piece of news dropped there was that Darkseid boom tubes into the batcave, ganked Lois, and this left superman vulnerable to the anti life equation.
So I thik the idea was the plan was to warn bruce of that (zack mentioned they would call back to the time travel in bvs) right before it happens, and he'd take the bullet for a pregnant lois ( Injustice callback!) and the rest of the league would defeat Darkseid, and the movie would end with Clark and Lois naming their kid Bruce

AFoolAndHisMoney
Aug 13, 2013

Where's the Snyder Cut?

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
I was at the BvS event and watching that movie with a large group that loves it as dearly as I do was such a great experience. So many cheers and clapping at the big moments. I usually cannot stand screenings where audiences are like this, but it really felt good during this film. I had a ton....fun *gasp*.

And as people reported from the stream, he explained a portion of his and Chris Terrios original vision for the JL films. It was sad hearing him express how insecure him and Chris felt after the reaction BvS got though.

Everyone but the sound guy and the editor stayed for autographs and Deborah joined the meet greet as well. An amazing personal experience after being buried in the discussions and muck about this film since its release.

I honest to god dont know how you could watch all 3 nights of these Q&As and not understand the merits of his art and what people have been trying to demonstrate through analysis and critical thought for nearly a loving decade.

Heres me nerding out real hard and the poster and MoS vinyl I got signed.
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bva-ceSAz5d/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1789k13853z1

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Did Snyder illustrate the poster for the event himself?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

AccountSupervisor posted:

I honest to god dont know how you could watch all 3 nights of these Q&As and not understand the merits of his art and what people have been trying to demonstrate through analysis and critical thought for nearly a loving decade.

Because people still think Snyder is a dude bro flex lord doucebag idiot fratboy.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

teagone posted:

Because people still think Snyder is a dude bro flex lord doucebag idiot fratboy.

This is an even more hilariously misguided perception of him now.

During the Q&A he made a joke about how he wishes his whole crew could live in the same house during production because the Art Center doesnt have dorms or housing and he "missed that college experience". Hes a dorky film school art nerd.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Did anyone bring up Rand/The Fountainhead?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

josh04 posted:

Did anyone bring up Rand/The Fountainhead?
Funny you should mention that. Snyder ended the Q&A by presenting the only copy of The Snyder Cut, only to destroy it while ranting for three hours about creative integrity

edit: oh I forgot then he did a kegstand of natty ice

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Impressed but unsurprised that he did the exact two things that could make me respect him more.

Violator
May 15, 2003

I still need to watch the Q&A, but was there any info on if he is going to present any of his ideas/cuts/etc. in a more formal way? Like the Snyder work cut, an art book, comic series, etc. Was really hoping that along with new info and insights he would lay that to rest one way or the other just so we can be done with it.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

teagone posted:

I wonder if it's because he likes to work out and will often post photos or video clips of him exercising. He also apparently has social anxiety so when he's talking in groups he'll sometime talk really fast and use "like" a lot. Some people have said he "sounds like a valley girl".

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!
Do people actually hate the man? I'm not a fan of his films for reasons that have been discussed ad nauseam by folks way more eloquent than me, and the fact that he wants to adapt an Ayn Rand work makes me side eye him a little politically, but overall he seems like a nice enough guy.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Mr. Apollo posted:

I wonder if it's because he likes to work out and will often post photos or video clips of him exercising. He also apparently has social anxiety so when he's talking in groups he'll sometime talk really fast and use "like" a lot. Some people have said he "sounds like a valley girl".

Someone on twitter compared him to Trump lmao. I will admit Snyder wasn't the most articulate in that clip, but you have to be willfully dense to not get what he was talking about.

On a slight tangent, I wish the "Batman doesn't kill!" people would at least keep that same energy towards the Burton's Batman movies and the Arkham games. In the former, Batman clearly kills people, and in the latter, you play as Batman brutalizing criminals.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Dreqqus posted:

Do people actually hate the man? I'm not a fan of his films for reasons that have been discussed ad nauseam by folks way more eloquent than me, and the fact that he wants to adapt an Ayn Rand work makes me side eye him a little politically, but overall he seems like a nice enough guy.

Lindsey Ellis tried to spread a rumor that he hated his mom in the wake of his daughter committing suicide.

Equeen posted:

On a slight tangent, I wish the "Batman doesn't kill!" people would at least keep that same energy towards the Burton's Batman movies and the Arkham games. In the former, Batman clearly kills people, and in the latter, you play as Batman brutalizing criminals.

The Arkham games are a little more complicated. The first two were written by Paul Dini who, as you know, hasn’t made anything good in quite some time, and as a result they’re some of the most fascist Batman stories out there. The third was written by the gameplay director Sefton Hill, and was basically a story about the Batman empire self-imploding due to his own selfishness.

Pirate Jet fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Mar 25, 2019

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Pirate Jet posted:

Lindsey Ellis tried to spread a rumor that he hated his mom in the wake of his daughter committing suicide.

To be fair, I think it was less of a rumor and more of a tasteless, ignorant joke (Snyder's mother has been died for years) with really bad timing.

Still weird to see otherwise smart and progressive critics try to paint the man as the Worst Person in Hollywood over superhero movies, tho.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

teagone posted:

The dumb jockbro doesn't even realize that the solar system and galaxy are both also rotating and moving through space so waiting for the same day in a years time to time travel to make sure you land in the right place is nonsensical, heh :smug:

He seems like a nice guy and though BvS was p bad/boring the reaction to it was insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreqqus
Feb 21, 2013

BAMF!

RBA Starblade posted:

He seems like a nice guy and though BvS was p bad/boring the reaction to it was insane

Agreed. Unless there's a political agenda that I can't get on board with I have a real hard time getting mad at media I don't enjoy. Don't support it and it'll either find an audience in which case good for them, or die a quiet and mediocre death in which case who cares(other than the creators).