Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler

Manyorcas posted:

I do usually but typically I do most of it on Sunday. The Invasion and Boss events sharply limit what troops you can use though and a lot of us simply don't have all that many things leveled. Our more active players also slowly tend to get funneled into Gem Boiz over time so it's usually pretty low, yeah.

Yeah that makes sense based on the average XP level in the guild. Still, even with just a few kingdoms leveled, it should be easy enough to take down the first set of towers. There's even a useful glory reward troop to help. If half the guild did that, we would all get another reward tier. And I'm probably not the only one whose morale would improve.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Tower of Doom starts tomorrow, just a reminder. I'm about to add Tina to the mythics list, most likely in either Generally or Cream. She's great with the right team, BFFs with Tesla and exploding teammates. Thoughts?

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Can anyone give me some guidance on what class or classes are better than others? I've stuck with sorcerer for no particular reason, I've heard titan is good because I assume there's a giant mythic, but I really have no idea what to aim for and level up. I did manage to snag some webspinning mythic.

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

Titan is good because at level 40 it gets free barrier whenever you match brown gems. That makes it a great frontline tank and will let you push much farther than usual in delves and other infinitely scaling content.

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
I'm torn about TINA. Great skull damage but it's squishy in front and takes mana away from mountain crusher and jar of eyes. Great true damage but random and unreliable. Unkillable in the middle of the team, but needs help to get mana. Maybe we'll see more combos show up as people start leveling mechanists.

As for classes, titan is a very strong default because Giant Lord, Rock Solid, Lightning Strike / Bloodthirsty, and Fortitude are all great traits/talents. Sentinel is the tankiest class, though it might be sharing that with Plaguelord next week. Thief and frostmage are strong in the middle/back. A lot of classes are fine but shine in different situations. Runepriest is good with a dwarf team, dragonguard with dragons, stuff like that. Some classes' mythic weapons work well in combination with other troops, but I don't think any of them are urgent.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

SpacePope posted:

Titan is good because at level 40 it gets free barrier whenever you match brown gems. That makes it a great frontline tank and will let you push much farther than usual in delves and other infinitely scaling content.

Titan's brown barrier also synergizes VERY well with the Mountain Breaker brown weapon, which once you have it upgraded makes Brown storms (brown gems more likely to fall when the game is filling in gaps), and the weapon itself explodes brown gems

Titan+Mountain Breaker alone will carry you very far in a lot of fights.

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
Floor 1
Rare: Fireball
Ultra: Unlock
Epic: Fireball
Legendary: Heroism

Nice :)

Floor 2
Rare: Armor
Ultra: Attack
Epic: Armor
Legendary: Unlock

Floor 3
Rare: Haste
Ultra: Life
Epic: Unlock
Legendary: Life

voodoo dog fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Mar 25, 2019

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
Digging the new glory troop so far. Seems pretty restrictive that to take advantage of its speed, you need 2+ enemies frozen early on, but it does well with Queen Mab anyway. (The freeze from its spell doesn't count for the boost. boo)

e: Apparently cursed can only be applied to immune troops if they are 'impervious', and dooms are 'invulnerable.' What a load of poo poo, I spent an hour figuring out how to best cram High King Irongut into my tower team.

e2: What is everyone else going with for this? I like my yellow day guild war team of Gorgotha, Rope Dart / Titan, Valkyrie, Divine Ishbaala, but it doesn't scale well, so those level 400 rooms are going to be a slog. The best I came up with was Mang (Earth's Fury) + Ubastet + Hellcat but it feels clumsy. Maybe Shield of Urskaya has some potential?

e3: Okay, I think I have something I like:

Hall of Guardians banner (Or Shentang banner)
Mountain Crusher / Titan
Qilin
Divine Ishbaala
Ethereal Sentry

Enkor fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Mar 25, 2019

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Night Danger Moose posted:

Tower of Doom starts tomorrow, just a reminder. I'm about to add Tina to the mythics list, most likely in either Generally or Cream. She's great with the right team, BFFs with Tesla and exploding teammates. Thoughts?

Seems "Good, just not as good" to me. I'd take every troop in the Crafting Priority list before TINA with no question.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I’m inclined to agree with onefish, despite my love affair with TINA-9000 at the moment. She’s one of those troops that made me want an extra tier between those top two, though.

- - - - - - - - -

What are people planning to use for the Tower of Doom this week? I am considering the following teams:

Shentang banner
Titan, Earth’s Fury
Hellcat
Ubastet
Jotnar

Dark Pits banner(?)
Titan, Earth’s Fury
Hellcat
Ubastet
Famine

The question is whether I prefer to go more offense or defense. If I can fill Famine reliably, then it serves as an extremely useful clamp on the AI. On the other hand, the barriers provided by Jotnar could be pretty darn useful.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Floor 4:

Ultra: Haste

Floor 5:

Floor 6:

Epic: Life

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Mar 25, 2019

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
Floor 7:
Ultra Rare: Unlock
Legendary: Luck

Floor 8:
Rare: Attack
Ultra Rare: Unlock

Floor 9:
Rare: Luck
Ultra Rare: Magic

Floor 10:
Rare: Unlock
Ultra Rare: Life
Epic: Attack

Floor 11:
Ultra Rare: Magic

And I'm out of Sigils.

porktree fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 25, 2019

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
Floor 11
Legendary: Power

Floor 12
Ultra: Armor
Epic: Magic

Floor 13
Legendary: Attack

Floor 14
Rare: Life
Ultra: LUCK
Epic: Haste

Enkor fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Mar 26, 2019

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Some math and recommendations for endgame players as 4.3 approaches:

• Spend all your gold keys. The troops are likely worthless, but the glory will be useful for the next step. (And gold and gems are always nice.) There won’t be a new kingdom for quite a long time, so you have time to build up a stock of gold keys again if that is what you want.
  • Go buy Spoils of War until you get down to about 20,000 glory. Since event keys will be much harder to come by in 4.3, get them now while they are still cheap. (And we have no clue whether there will be a period where you can buy multiple copies of Spoils at once—one of the UI improvements coming in 4.3—while they are still unlimited weekly.)
  • It takes 7143 glory keys, on average, to acquire a mythic. That is 142,860 glory’s worth of keys. It takes 1043 event keys, on average, for a mythic (also true for gem keys). At 180 glory per event key, this works out to 187,740 glory per mythic. That’s 30% more per mythic!
  • The best use of glory moving forward is the following: (1) buy copies of the weekly event troop as desired; (2) buy your 10 weekly Spoils of War; (3) on mythic weeks, buy glory chests down to about 20k glory after you run out of glory keys, but before spending event gem keys. That 20k buffer means you have enough to mythic a common event troop at release the next week (costs 19,200 glory to buy the 96 copies needed), and a start on the 10 Spoils of War.
  • Spending event keys to target mythic troops is probably not a winning play, since the value of event keys will go up (as kingdoms go to 4 or even 5 legendary troops) while their availability goes down. Use the Soulforge for missing troops in your collection, or expect to spend a ton of event keys and maybe still not get it.

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Mar 26, 2019

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I just want to clear the early floors quickly, so I came up with this

Whitehelm Banner (+2 Yellow)
Sunspear/Mountain Crusher
Phoenicia
Peryton
Princess Elspeth

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Grundulum posted:

• Spend all your gold keys. The troops are likely worthless, but the glory will be useful for the next step. (And gold and gems are always nice.) There won’t be a new kingdom for quite a long time, so you have time to build up a stock of gold keys again if that is what you want.
  • Go buy Spoils of War until you get down to about 20,000 glory. Since event keys will be much harder to come by in 4.3, get them now while they are still cheap. (And we have no clue whether there will be a period where you can buy multiple copies of Spoils at once—one of the UI improvements coming in 4.3—while they are still unlimited weekly.)
  • It takes 7143 glory keys, on average, to acquire a mythic. That is 142,860 glory’s worth of keys. It takes 1043 event keys, on average, for a mythic (also true for gem keys). At 180 glory per event key, this works out to 187,740 glory per mythic. That’s 30% more per mythic!
  • The best use of glory moving forward is the following: (1) buy copies of the weekly event troop as desired; (2) buy your 10 weekly Spoils of War; (3) on mythic weeks, buy glory chests down to about 20k glory after you run out of glory keys, but before spending event keys. That 20k buffer means you have enough to mythic a common event troop at release the next week (costs 19,200 glory to buy the 96 copies needed), and a start on the 10 Spoils of War.
  • Spending event keys to target mythic troops is probably not a winning play, since the value of event keys will go up (as kingdoms go to 4 or even 5 legendary troops) while their availability goes down. Use the Soulforge for missing troops in your collection, or expect to spend a ton of event keys and maybe still not get it.

Is there a preview of 4.3 available somewhere? I thought you meant that all glory purchases would be capped at 10 a week in your previous post so I blew more glory than I should have on spoils.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

Bandire posted:

Is there a preview of 4.3 available somewhere? I thought you meant that all glory purchases would be capped at 10 a week in your previous post so I blew more glory than I should have on spoils.

In video form (1—official preview stream with social media ninja Saltypatra and community manager Cyrup):
https://twitch.tv/videos/394676918
In video form (2—dev Q&A with lead dev Sirrian and his second-in-command Nimhain)
https://twitch.tv/videos/391047488

In screenshot form:
https://community.gemsofwar.com/t/4-3-in-screenshots/52892/1

Sorry for the miscommunication. Fortunately, buying too many Spoils of War isn’t a bad thing. I guess you bought a few less event troops this time? You can can spend some of the glory from gold chests on buying back to your usual level.

Edit: I just noticed a typo in my post. Spend glory before spending gem keys, not event keys like I had previously typed.

Grundulum fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Mar 26, 2019

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

Grundulum posted:

[list][*]Spend all your gold keys. The troops are likely worthless, but the glory will be useful for the next step. (And gold and gems are always nice.) There won’t be a new kingdom for quite a long time, so you have time to build up a stock of gold keys again if that is what you want.

Spent 12,000 gold keys - netted 100,000 glory. I still have 2k in gold keys that I'll keep for a rainy day.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

It's not that big of a deal. I should be able to get back over 20k glory this week. I was mostly just curious what was on the upcoming patch. Thanks for the link.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

I'm pretty happy I managed to snag a mythic, and a decent one at that, this early on thanks to the goon guild. So thanks all.

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Floor 15
Legendary: Attack

Floor 16
Legendary: Fireball

Arbetor fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 28, 2019

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
Floor 17
Ultra: Luck

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
Floor 18

Floor 19

Floor 20
Rare: Magic

Enkor fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Mar 28, 2019

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler
My mediocre ToD team:
MC Titan
Valkyrie
Ancient Golem
Euryali

It's gotten through floor 6 and can probably handle floor 7. Not sure after that. Any suggestions for a better team with no good mythics?

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

yurtcradled posted:

My mediocre ToD team:
MC Titan
Valkyrie
Ancient Golem
Euryali

It's gotten through floor 6 and can probably handle floor 7. Not sure after that. Any suggestions for a better team with no good mythics?

The core of my current team is:
Shentang banner
Mang / Titan
Hellcat
Qilin
<4th troop>

I've tried a few different troops in the 4th spot, and I'm currently using Ubastet (mythic) so I can still do damage if my hero dies, but a second skull converter like Divine Ishbaala can mesh well with Qilin, or Forest Guardian can start the team with more mana. Divinia, Luna, Fire Giant, and Herdmaster all offer some support.

If you're missing one of those 2 troops but have rope dart, you can try something like:
Tanky troop
Rope Dart / Titan
Valkyrie
Skull converter or exploder

Gorgotha does well in front here, and Divine Ishbaala is my favorite for the last spot. Hope some of this applies to your troop collection!

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler

Enkor posted:

The core of my current team is:
Shentang banner
Mang / Titan
Hellcat
Qilin
<4th troop>

I've tried a few different troops in the 4th spot, and I'm currently using Ubastet (mythic) so I can still do damage if my hero dies, but a second skull converter like Divine Ishbaala can mesh well with Qilin, or Forest Guardian can start the team with more mana. Divinia, Luna, Fire Giant, and Herdmaster all offer some support.

If you're missing one of those 2 troops but have rope dart, you can try something like:
Tanky troop
Rope Dart / Titan
Valkyrie
Skull converter or exploder

Gorgotha does well in front here, and Divine Ishbaala is my favorite for the last spot. Hope some of this applies to your troop collection!

Thanks for sharing this. Skull converter teams usually work well for me, but this time I don't have any good skull converters in Yellow. There's Apophisis, but she is much worse than Qilin. I think I'll stick with my B-grade true damage team.

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Man, I had been cruising through ToD with a skull conversion team (Mang, Divine Ishbaala, Qilin, Luna), but the level 20 Doom room has the skull damage reflector in front that keeps taking me out. Tried to switch to a non-skull team (standard divines) and still lost. Anyone have tips on a good non-skull team (or a way to stun that first troop quickly and keep it stunned)?

edit: did not realize enrage bypassed reflect! that made it MUCH easier. thanks all.

onefish fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Mar 29, 2019

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

onefish posted:

(or a way to stun that first troop quickly and keep it stunned)?

Titan hero with the Impact talent. If you can keep your hero barriered, you can keep letting the AI take skull matches and stunning the top troop.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

onefish posted:

Man, I had been cruising through ToD with a skull conversion team (Mang, Divine Ishbaala, Qilin, Luna), but the level 20 Doom room has the skull damage reflector in front that keeps taking me out. Tried to switch to a non-skull team (standard divines) and still lost. Anyone have tips on a good non-skull team (or a way to stun that first troop quickly and keep it stunned)?

The new monkey mythic uses yellow and stuns when he casts his spell. I'm running Runepriest, Ignis, Phoenix mythic (phonexia?), monkey mythic right now. It's not fast but its easy and the monkey mythic spell also summons so its pretty full proof.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I'm Saxophone 1282_NPGB ingame and was hoping to hop into a guild!

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.

onefish posted:

Barrier does work on the reflect too. If you've hit the bones with mang, your hero should just one hit to kill it, so one barrier.

e: speccing titan into bloodthirsty would work too. Enrage bypasses reflect

Enkor fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Mar 29, 2019

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
I was just offered a flash deal of 250 gems for $5, available for the next two days. This is a good deal on gems if you were planning to drop cash on the game (still not as good as the Sunday dungeon packs though, so if you’re only doing one do the dungeon pack).

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
Floor 21

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.

Saxophone posted:

We just filled a bunch of empty spots with pubbies, next time Annoited is on he can kick one and send the invite to Gem Blossums.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Manyorcas posted:

We just filled a bunch of empty spots with pubbies, next time Annoited is on he can kick one and send the invite to Gem Blossums.

Thanks, friend!

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Saxophone posted:

Sorry mate it says in game that your profile doesn't exist. Could you check and post your id again?

borf
Apr 5, 2006
Could I also snag a guild spot if one is still available? I finally got hooked on a dumb cell phone game yay.
invite code: THURMANMURMAN_Z2AM

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Floor 22

Floor 23
Ultra: Fireball
Epic: Fireball

Lol.

Night Danger Moose fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Mar 30, 2019

Enkor
Dec 17, 2005
That is not it at all.
Floor 24
Ultra: LUCK
Legendary: Haste

Floor 25

The ultimate doom team is Silent Sentinel, Divinia, Orion, Doom. My team didn't have a cleanse so Mang got silenced before I even boosted my attack. Not sure what to do but play better. Entangle won't be reliable either with Divinia on the doom team.

Enkor fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 30, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

SAXOPHONE1282_NPGB

Is what the thing says my invite code is. Is there something else I'm missing or different servers or something?