Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

M_Sinistrari posted:

Is babypansy the same person as Stefonknee (sp?) who usually gets brought up in the Internet is Strange threads?

No, two different people.

They do look similar, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

I swear there used to be a dude in Santa Cruz that dressed like this. Had the whole Lolita style going on, with a parasol and everything.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Groke posted:

A ton of police forces around the world still use logos with images of actual fasces.

E pluribus unum, dude.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Groke posted:

A ton of police forces around the world are actual faeces.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Panfilo posted:

I swear there used to be a dude in Santa Cruz that dressed like this. Had the whole Lolita style going on, with a parasol and everything.

Fremont had a person like that too that would go to the local parks on weekends for photo ops. It was hard explaining to my very young daughter that we don’t talk to adults dressed in frilly baby doll dresses, panties and stilettos. I’m just a prude I guess.
Pretty good at walking in grass with those heels though.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Panfilo posted:

Oh yeah, the one who would just walk up and down the street very very slowly all day, they always skeeved me out and imagining it all being fetish-related is terrifying in how much sense it makes.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Zipperelli. posted:

Fair point. I'm just used to using 'they' as plural, so it never crossed my mind.

Edit: Content!

I really wanted to see how double-pregnant centaurides were a sign of the downfall of society, so I went looking for this article.

It's a collection of cartoons by Austrian artist Gerhard Haderer, at least of half of which come down to "youths these days and their GIZMOS" and the rest are some other variety of "kids these days." The centaur is not included in the collection. I'm almost disappointed.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Oh yeah, the one who would just walk up and down the street very very slowly all day, they always skeeved me out and imagining it all being fetish-related is terrifying in how much sense it makes.

Yep, tottering around very slowly downtown. Absolutely reeked of piss too- wouldn't be surprised if there was a diaper fetish in there for good measure considering the smell.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
Pretty sure the centaur is a joke about how the back half goes to the vet and the front half goes to a hospital

E: and I've got no idea how to parse the whole "very clearly a gross old gammony man occasionally living out an explicit pedophilia fetish in public while appropriating woke intersectionality verbiage as a shield / to force people to go along with it" thing

Somfin has a new favorite as of 22:49 on Mar 25, 2019

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Panfilo posted:

Yep, tottering around very slowly downtown. Absolutely reeked of piss too- wouldn't be surprised if there was a diaper fetish in there for good measure considering the smell.

I walked by that dude so many times when I went to UCSC but never noticed a piss smell yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck aaaargh I need a shower more than a decade later.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

RoboRodent posted:

I really wanted to see how double-pregnant centaurides were a sign of the downfall of society, so I went looking for this article.

It's a collection of cartoons by Austrian artist Gerhard Haderer, at least of half of which come down to "youths these days and their GIZMOS" and the rest are some other variety of "kids these days." The centaur is not included in the collection. I'm almost disappointed.

Is that the kind of boring art where they just show people with phones to be zombies?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

chitoryu12 posted:

Is that the kind of boring art where they just show people with phones to be zombies?

That, and rich people eating money, and fat people on couches, and everyone on their laptops staring at an old man reading a newspaper, the usual nods to environmentalism, and some really unfortunate attempts to comment on the refugee crisis

The one I read also had a two paragraph stoner wisdom "this is real deep and open to your interpretation" after every loving comic to boot

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

i think people were zombies before phones in situations like 'sitting on the bus' and 'walking around amongst strangers', they just stared into space like, uh, zombies instead of immersing themselves in the world their cell phone opens to them

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

oystertoadfish posted:

i think people were zombies before phones in situations like 'sitting on the bus' and 'walking around amongst strangers', they just stared into space like, uh, zombies instead of immersing themselves in the world their cell phone opens to them

I pine for the old days when people appreciated random strangers trying to strike up conversation on the bus

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I have a bunch of older coworkers that harp on me for staring at my phone while on break and it's like, my choices are to talk to my boyfriend over Telegram or put my phone away and listen to your insane rambling about how cell phones and energy drinks are destroying society. Hard loving pass

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
you haven't lived until you've seen a couple go out for dinner and spend two hours texting each other (and god knows who else) on their phones instead of speaking a single word

seriously, they didn't say a word to each other, only to the server to order

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

HenryEx posted:

you haven't lived until you've seen a couple go out for dinner and spend two hours texting each other (and god knows who else) on their phones instead of speaking a single word

seriously, they didn't say a word to each other, only to the server to order

:happened:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Still if it did best goon-goon possible relationship.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Maybe it was an extremely bad date.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Maybe it was one of those double blind dates where neither of them knows they are dating each other.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Panfilo posted:

I assume it was the same person I saw like 13 years ago when I went to Santa Cruz. There was a family taking a picture with them and I just cringed because I knew these naive people didn’t realize this was some creeps fetish.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

I remember reading some article years back where the author admitted she was so nervous on a date she pulled her gameboy out of her purse and started playing it in front of her date.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
There was a lady goon that really likes hiking (Picnic Princess?) who mentioned people giving her the stink eye because her and her husband were on their phones at a restaurant but her explanation was that they had been on a multi day hike together and were just catching up with their respective families on Facebook while going out to eat. So you never know.

The American Dream posted:

I assume it was the same person I saw like 13 years ago when I went to Santa Cruz. There was a family taking a picture with them and I just cringed because I knew these naive people didn’t realize this was some creeps fetish.
It must have been. Back then I was dating my ex who was a student at UCSC and we saw that person downtown several times. Forgot to mention, they had makeup caked on their face to complete the look- white pancake foundation, exaggerated blush, cupid bow lipstick, the whole nine yardsm

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

I mean have you ever seen chinese or korean couples at a bubble tea place or wherever? It's not uncommon

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

It's not that unreasonable. Sometimes people want to converse in a public space, but don't want to be overheard. I had a pair of friends who were dating that did this.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Panfilo posted:

There was a lady goon that really likes hiking (Picnic Princess?) who mentioned people giving her the stink eye because her and her husband were on their phones at a restaurant but her explanation was that they had been on a multi day hike together and were just catching up with their respective families on Facebook while going out to eat. So you never know.

Yep. We had just spent 4 solid days exclusively in each other's company, we can be on our phones while we gorge ourselves after burning a billion calories. We've also been together for 20 years and I think at that point we're entitled to not pay attention to each other every moment we're out in public. So I'm gonna be on my phone at dinner and so is he and it's perfectly fine and not indicative of the downfall of society.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Picnic Princess posted:

Yep. We had just spent 4 solid days exclusively in each other's company, we can be on our phones while we gorge ourselves after burning a billion calories. We've also been together for 20 years and I think at that point we're entitled to not pay attention to each other every moment we're out in public. So I'm gonna be on my phone at dinner and so is he and it's perfectly fine and not indicative of the downfall of society.

You two were out to dinner and on your phones rather than talking to each other and the world is objectively turning to poo poo. Nazi's are everywhere, Trump is the leader of the free world.

That can't be coincidence.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

jobson groeth posted:

Trump is the leader of the free world.

ha ha ha no he isn't

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the free world exists only in the minds of republicans

in that sense he is

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Screaming Idiot posted:

It's not that unreasonable. Sometimes people want to converse in a public space, but don't want to be overheard. I had a pair of friends who were dating that did this.

It was the "and god knows who else" pearl clutch that converted it from something someone actually witnessed to fwd:fwd:fwd:kids these days!!! to me

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I saw a couple sitting in a restaurant communicating by throwing what I can only assume where very complicated gang signs. I called out to them to knock it off and they just rudely ignored my protests. They even ignored me when I complained (very loudly I might add) to the waiter that what they were doing was disrespectful and vulgar. They were still there flashing their gang signs at each other when my date and I stormed out without paying. If a restaurant wants to allow disgraceful things like that, then they don't deserve my patronage.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Solice Kirsk posted:

I saw a couple sitting in a restaurant communicating by throwing what I can only assume where very complicated gang signs. I called out to them to knock it off and they just rudely ignored my protests. They even ignored me when I complained (very loudly I might add) to the waiter that what they were doing was disrespectful and vulgar. They were still there flashing their gang signs at each other when my date and I stormed out without paying. If a restaurant wants to allow disgraceful things like that, then they don't deserve my patronage.

That's the D.E.A.F. Gang and you are going to have your poo poo hosed up. You will not hear them coming for you.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Had a friends wife who did the night shift at the local deaf boarding school.

She had to wear headphones all night to drown out all the noises from young teens being young teens by themselves.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

jobson groeth posted:

That's the D.E.A.F. Gang and you are going to have your poo poo hosed up. You will not hear them coming for you.

Oh yes he will.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I went out to dinner with my big tiddy goth GF and there was this obnoxious balding loser at dinner with his rich dad and we spent half our meal in silence bitching at each other about him. He reeked of "dumb rear end in a top hat with rich parents" and wasn't as attractive or charming as much as he thought he put himself on to being.

Maybe they were complaining about somebody cutting smelly farts nearby but didn't want them to get self conscious.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

LingcodKilla posted:

Had a friends wife who did the night shift at the local deaf boarding school.

She had to wear headphones all night to drown out all the noises from young teens being young teens by themselves.

I bet they aren't subtle about their farts . After all,if everyone else is upwind, who will even know ?

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012
I saw the new thread title and thought I had somehow bookmarked the pregnancy thread on accident.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
how do you know you didn't

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Flipperwaldt posted:

Maybe it was one of those double blind dates where neither of them knows they are dating each other.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nockturne
Aug 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Picnic Princess posted:

Cats do this all the time. Completely ignore each other and avoid eye contact, while sitting near to one another in a very deliberate way. It's the highest level of companionship: trusting one another enough to completely let down their guard. I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing when humans do it either. Intent and previous relationship matter.