Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I'm going to take it as a good sign that I can still get driven to blinding anger by Trump and his ilk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Grouchio posted:

Considering that the US is now selling nuclear tech to the Saudis, should I begin to consider potential nuclear warfare between SA and Israel in a few years?

15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudis

Bin Ladin was Saudi

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is the biggest funder and exporter of terrorism in the world and if they get nukes, one of those nukes is going to fall off the truck eventually

Israel probably shouldn't be as worried as, say, London or Berlin or New York

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

InsertPotPun posted:

I think that's just the part of trump that's aware of cameras. He seems to have this weird idea that unless it's a statement he's purposely putting out it doesn't "count" and you can't use it against him. So he's very careful not to put slurs "on the record". I'm sure he does in front of his "friends" though. That part is how we know his racism is, at least in part, strategic: he knows enough to create that thin veneer for his public to point to.

yeah, like i am sure he says slurs and is probably more openly racist in private.

yeah, this is probably miller or mulvany pushing this and trump going along with it because he has "backing". i am pretty sure this will go really poorly if it happens. also the stock market will take a big hit.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

I just got to this post and I have to say these graphs are awful.

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.

DrNutt posted:

Also not that anyone in here would accept that as face value, but the real person that's "based on" was a loving fraud to begin with who lied her way into the job because, shock of shocks, she was already an anti-abortion zealot and all the poo poo she said was made up.

Yeah, it's worth noting that the Texas Department of Health has no record of a 13 week abortion done at the clinic she worked at on the day she claims it happened (nor does Planned Parenthood).

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Dick Trauma posted:

I'm going to take it as a good sign that I can still get driven to blinding anger by Trump and his ilk.

Every time I think I've exhausted all my outrage he opens his jowl sphincter and I want to throw darts at him all over again.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

InsertPotPun posted:

What's always fascinating to me is that they present themselves as the bad guy so so often. The entire script is written with them as the bad guys but the music says they're the good guys.

Even in that trailer the first "good guy" we see is a gigantic bearded man with a buzzcut and sunglasses screaming through a fence that the tiny teenage girl is a baby killer. The next "good guy" is a grown rear end man, with a drink in his hand, hollering about "little babies" at this teenage girl.

Voiceless has a scene with the "good guy" running around a PP clinic showing a picture of a girl who killed herself to all the people. After he gets thrown out he actually lies to the police about something we saw in the movie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hu8rV3Jwrg&t=725s

All of these movies fall into two camps: they accidentally make themselves the villains, or they make the "bad guy" atheists cartoons (God's not Dead 2 literally uses Ray Wise, someone who has played the devil multiple times, as the ACLU Lawyer who hhhhhhhHATES god).

This one looks to be "accidental villain" territory.

I actually just read the AV Club review (an F for anyone curious) and one of the things mentioned is that the film does try to clumsily bridge the gap for people who might be on the fence and paints people who scream and harass women as "bad" but holds up the people who silently pray outside abortion clinics and fight to outlaw abortion as "good." Which they point out is already lovely and disingenuous because 40 Days for Life is involved and they are absolute fuckers who record license plates of women leaving women's clinics and mail them harassing letters and poo poo. (The amount of women getting harassed for going to get annual exams or pick up their birth control pills must be staggering, which is beside the point but darkly humorous to me as a former PP employee).

Bizarro Watt posted:

Yeah, it's worth noting that the Texas Department of Health has no record of a 13 week abortion done at the clinic she worked at on the day she claims it happened (nor does Planned Parenthood).

Not to mention the fact that a 13 week abortion isn't even like, a super abortion or whatever, they just really want to muddy the waters with people thinking of nearly full term babies getting yanked out of women and butchered. Which tracks with all the infanticide talk that anti-choice folks are throwing around now in a desperate bid to stay relevant.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 29, 2019

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

All of these dumbass graphs miss the loving point that young people are having less sex because they have no money and are horribly depressed because debt and expenses is the eternal Sword of Damocles over our heads, not even mentioning our generation's concerns for the climate

It's not loving rocket science that people don't want to gently caress when they are under duress

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
What? trump is constantly saying something is "next week" or in "two weeks".

TulliusCicero posted:

All of these dumbass graphs miss the loving point that young people are having less sex because they have no money and are horribly depressed because debt and expenses is the eternal Sword of Damocles over our heads

It's not loving rocket science that people don't want to gently caress when they are under duress
This changes my entire weekend.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

InsertPotPun posted:

ehh. his threats are mostly in the vague territory. this is pretty concrete for him plus if it makes the news he will double downs.

Skex
Feb 22, 2012

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

InsertPotPun posted:

This changes my entire weekend.

Trump lies, in related news water is wet

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

TulliusCicero posted:

All of these dumbass graphs miss the loving point that young people are having less sex because they have no money and are horribly depressed because debt and expenses is the eternal Sword of Damocles over our heads

Speak for yourself. I gently caress like I wrote reports in high school: As quickly as possible at the very last moment while sweating profusely and possibly crying.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

TulliusCicero posted:

All of these dumbass graphs miss the loving point that young people are having less sex because they have no money and are horribly depressed because debt and expenses is the eternal Sword of Damocles over our heads, not even mentioning our generation's concerns for the climate

I can't imagine why this entire generation of folks growing up depressed and living with their parents until the age of 35 aren't loving all the time! Gosh it must be changing social mores or something?

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

DrNutt posted:

(The amount of women getting harassed for going to get annual exams or pick up their birth control pills must be staggering, which is beside the point but darkly humorous to me as a former PP employee).

Not besides the point at all; remember, to the psychos doing this, this is a feature, not a bug. Especially for the ones there for birth control.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/CNBCnow/status/1111672479494344704?s=20

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Max Peck posted:

Not besides the point at all; remember, to the psychos doing this, this is a feature, not a bug. Especially for the ones there for birth control.

Yeah I just meant that like, it's nitpicky for supporters of choice to point this out as though it would be okay if they were only targeting women having abortions or something. Like sometimes we'd have people say stuff to protestors like "we're not even doing abortions today rear end in a top hat!" and while I understand the sentiment, it's like, they don't really care and honestly neither should you. They are bad regardless.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

TulliusCicero posted:

I mean, when I'm anxious or depressed my sex drive is the first thing to disappear into the ether. I wonder if that's a quirk of my brain or an evolutionary thing going, "hey if you're stressed out it's not time for kids fucko"

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/Fred_Delicious/status/1111618007585951745
From the standpoint of water

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

I wonder what her new job in the 2020 campaign is

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

TulliusCicero posted:

A crisis would be more like what is happening in Japan where some measures show nearly 50% of the eligible population is just straight up not interested in dating for one reason or another.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
One of the reasons it is hard to get animals to breed in captivity is because reproductive drive is the first thing you lose when you are stressed out. Thats why you have to make their cages super big and nice and as stress free as possible.

Modern America is an incredibly stressful place to live because it is constantly beaten into your head that you aren't good enough and need to spend money to be better and also if you ever slip up even a little half the country is fanatical about letting you die alone in a ditch

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

so do these fucks resign because they get wind of a poo poo bomb or because like Donnie, they're some rich YT that's never had a real job and want to go back to their tiny pond of aqua regia because "eeewwww real work! I say things and do richer drugs."

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

The one person in the cabinet that wasn’t a blatantly corrupt piece of poo poo? Why now? Is she trying to run for senator again now that her profile has been raised?

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

TheScott2K posted:

I wonder what her new job in the 2020 campaign is

Hitting protestors with steel chairs.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

morcant posted:

I mean, when I'm anxious or depressed my sex drive is the first thing to disappear into the ether. I wonder if that's a quirk of my brain or an evolutionary thing going, "hey if you're stressed out it's not time for kids fucko"

Evolutionary apparently, or a side effect of other adaptations redirecting the body to fight off the source of the stress. Fertility drops significantly with stress as well iirc so even if you try to like force yourself to get it on it isn't as effective.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Spiffster posted:

The one person in the cabinet that wasn’t a blatantly corrupt piece of poo poo? Why now? Is she trying to run for senator again now that her profile has been raised?

*record scratch*

Jealous Cow
Apr 4, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Spiffster posted:

:thunk:

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Stereotype posted:

One of the reasons it is hard to get animals to breed in captivity is because reproductive drive is the first thing you lose when you are stressed out. Thats why you have to make their cages super big and nice and as stress free as possible.

Modern America is an incredibly stressful place to live because it is constantly beaten into your head that you aren't good enough and need to spend money to be better and also if you ever slip up even a little half the country is fanatical about letting you die alone in a ditch

Turns out human extinction will go to the dark horse competitor - everyone getting too depressed, anxious, and panicked to form relationships or have sex.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

TyroneGoldstein posted:

I just want to put it out there that Trump's style of racism is very New York from the neighborhood style racism. It's a very distinctly from here (I'm from NYC) type of racism that grew up around these areas over the last 3 quarters of a century. He most definitely would be that dirtbag racist if he wasn't goaded by his base. He just wouldn't be as overt about it if they weren't but he'd definitely be as sync'd up with the concept.

Trump is undoubtable racist, but I never thought it was a plan in his campaign. He's just an idiot and made up a dumb line about a wall and the crowd erupted so he just kept saying it and here we are. If the crowd had erupted over a line about how he'd give everyone free hot dogs he'd be trying to divert money from the military to make more hot dogs. It's not really really an important difference, but I just find it darkly funny that all this madness over the wall probably just came because he got a lot of applause at a speech.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

FuturePastNow posted:

15 of the 19 hijackers were Saudis

Bin Ladin was Saudi

The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia is the biggest funder and exporter of terrorism in the world and if they get nukes, one of those nukes is going to fall off the truck eventually

Israel probably shouldn't be as worried as, say, London or Berlin or New York

I've always wondered about someone hiding a nuke away on a container ship(s) and detonating it in the big ports or the Panama Canal.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy

TheScott2K posted:

*record scratch*

blatant is the key word their unless I am missing a scandal or something. I stopped following WWE because of the Saudi deal but I equated that to Vince not her.

Please let me know if I’m missing something so I can correct myself

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Shifty Pony posted:

A crisis would be more like what is happening in Japan where some measures show nearly 50% of the eligible population is just straight up not interested in dating for one reason or another.

Japan is also a vastly different situation because equal numbers of women and men have just opted out, where as we have a small but significant number of incels/ "men going their own way" because they can't deal with a woman who wants to make decisions and "talk back". Not saying all of those numbers are incel morons, but probably a decent minority

It's kind of a fascinating thing to examine

TulliusCicero fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Mar 29, 2019

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ashcans posted:

Turns out human extinction will go to the dark horse competitor - everyone getting too depressed, anxious, and panicked to form relationships or have sex.

Turns out the Voluntary Human Extinction Movement would have the last laugh after all.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Spiffster posted:

blatant is the key word their unless I am missing a scandal or something. I stopped following WWE because of the Saudi deal but I equated that to Vince not her.

Please let me know if I’m missing something so I can correct myself
What makes you think her hands would be clean on anything her husband does?

plogo
Jan 20, 2009
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1111678823072854016

Interesting little story.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Maybe it happened, but I don't trust a thing Yashar says. He is a clown who lives for Twitter drama.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

TulliusCicero posted:

Actuallly!!!!
This behavior can be explained using mice.

quote:

The few secluded spaces housed a population Calhoun called, "the beautiful ones." Generally guarded by one male, the females—and few males—inside the space didn't breed or fight or do anything but eat and groom and sleep. When the population started declining the beautiful ones were spared from violence and death, but had completely lost touch with social behaviors, including having sex or caring for their young.

quote:

Now, interpretations of Calhoun’s work has changed. Inglis-Arkell explains that the habitats he created weren’t really overcrowded, but that isolation enabled aggressive mice to stake out territory and isolate the beautiful ones. She writes, "Instead of a population problem, one could argue that Universe 25 had a fair distribution problem."
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/how-mouse-utopias-1960s-led-grim-predictions-humans-180954423/#9e1RMWrkT377tbtY.99

See? We're fighting and eating each other and not having babies because we're TOO happy, the world is TOO much of a utopia.

You're welcome.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

HelloSailorSign posted:

I've always wondered about someone hiding a nuke away on a container ship(s) and detonating it in the big ports or the Panama Canal.

There has been a significant effort and investment in the particle physics community from DHS to make something that can detect exactly that so they are clearly worried about it too.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Shifty Pony posted:

Evolutionary apparently, or a side effect of other adaptations redirecting the body to fight off the source of the stress. Fertility drops significantly with stress as well iirc so even if you try to like force yourself to get it on it isn't as effective.

Stereotype posted:

Okay neat, it's not just me or humans but all creatures, neat! Because lol, who the gently caress was ever going to tell me or anyone, "Hey when you're stressed out it'll affect you in X ways and it's not you failing as a person"

Stereotype posted:

also holy poo poo yes. It has been a struggle every step of the way (with the help of lots of therapy) to even be able to think about anything without part of my mind screaming at me that I'm an ungrateful shithead and generally awful person for like, wanting to take some time for myself every now and then. I dunno how much of it is society and how much is my garbage upbringing specifically, but I'm willing to bet it's a delightful mix of the two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
BREAKING NEWS: Our Competitors Are Doo-doo Heads And We Are The Best

Rachel Maddow’s ratings suffer after Mueller report determined no collusion

Fox News posted:

Meanwhile, Fox News Channel has seen a substantial ratings increase since the findings of the Mueller report were publicized. “Hannity” received over 4 million viewers on Monday, which was more than 1 million additional viewers than the previous Monday. Hannity has successfully held onto his momentum, earning 4.3 million viewers on Wednesday night, when he also received a 32 percent increase in the demo from last week.