Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Killed By Death posted:

Extremely dumb question: does the story change depending on the side I pick, and if it does, can I see the other side's story afterwards?

It changes based on which side wins the battles, and after the event is over, you can watch the alternate outcomes in My Room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

That's about what I expected/hoped for based on previous events, but it's nice to have it confirmed, thanks! :)

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm not actually sure what we're fighting over rn :v:. Like the shinsengumi (well really just hijikata) were fighting nobukatsu, but atm the conflict is "who do we talk to first".

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

I love Fate/Grand Order

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I was just remembering how in really early FGO people would complain about getting black keys from the gacha (I think people even made Kotomine memes about it), but the black keys are actually quite good as far as 3* CEs go! If you limit break them they're a pretty good low-cost option.

Oh Snapple! posted:

Got Hijikata in 3 multis. I know he's not particularly good but I just really love his design and animations.

I also lightly blame Golden Kamuy.

I also got him, even though I wasn't aiming for him. I just figured I'd do two 10-rolls in the hopes of getting some event CEs, and ended up with both Hijikata and Elena Blavatsky.

At the very least, Hijikata should go well with Jack (and maybe Dantes, since he also seems pretty good at producing stars).

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

you'd be better off using passive star skills or CEs to get stars for him than using a servant slot for the sole purpose of making stars, which depends on more on card rng and using turns for your off-dps to gen the stars. but it's not like a janky comp is unusable i suppose.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I hate to say it, but I think I think I have to burn my summer Beebs.

It's nothing personal, but I have rolled several gold servants on this and the CCC banner and managed to not get Parvati, Lip, Melt, KP or Kama.

I'm starting to suspect she's scaring them off.

Jokes aside I'm kinda sad. On JP I barely ever roll on banners, and now I roll on two and get exactly 0 servants I actually want. I even rolled a somewhat above average number of 5*s.

At least I didn't spend any money, I guess. :smith:

dogsicle posted:

you'd be better off using passive star skills or CEs to get stars for him than using a servant slot for the sole purpose of making stars, which depends on more on card rng and using turns for your off-dps to gen the stars. but it's not like a janky comp is unusable i suppose.

Chances are low you're going to passively generate enough stars for him to ever actually get any, though.

Space Flower posted:

another servant to keep in ascension 1 along with jack and abby

This post is :allears: in hindsight. :v:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Mar 30, 2019

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Hijikata has a star gather skill so he only needs a sane amount of stars, and it's 3t gather so as long as you've got relatively consistent generation (which skills/CEs are better at) you shouldn't end up missing out on damage from his buster crits... aside from if you don't draw them in a chain or with his NP, but that's more normal than also having to juggle rng for active stargen on top of just getting good draws.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
e: Apparently I misread what you said. I consider having a servant with star gen like Hans or something to still kinda be including a servant for star gen. I took it as saying "a 2030 is good enough to get him to crit at least once in a brave chain" which I doubted. Something like 15 a turn probably is enough for that.

That said I haven't used him much or particularly like his character but I rolled because his HP gimmick is a ton of fun when you get to hit for eight million damage.

I'd roll again witht he tickets I get in march but I want to save for CCC in NA since my attempt to get melt on JP failed and I can't afford to play unlimited quartz works.

why doesn't this dumb game have sparking :negative:

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

dogsicle posted:

Hijikata has a star gather skill so he only needs a sane amount of stars, and it's 3t gather so as long as you've got relatively consistent generation (which skills/CEs are better at) you shouldn't end up missing out on damage from his buster crits... aside from if you don't draw them in a chain or with his NP, but that's more normal than also having to juggle rng for active stargen on top of just getting good draws.

Using edison with a 2030 during this event has been a blast :allears:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
'Cattle Probe'. 🐮👽🛸

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

This event is kind of cute... but really annoying to farm, so far. The fights aren't really hard enough to be interesting, but at the same time they're not easy enough to sleepwalk through without potentially losing frontliners, especially if you actually want to use event CEs. And it's obnoxious to actually try and farm the drops since every node so far is mixed, so you don't actually get that many even with drop CEs. :effort:

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

The actual farming nodes for this event don't show up until after the story finishes up.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

also i assume getting our hands on the damage boost CEs will make the whole thing a bit easier.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I got the damage boost CE from the oda victory and as a lucky drop, and yeah it's pretty fun now to just blast through everything.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Today is Blakbeard's turn to shine.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
(worried cough)

I actually really like how Okita talks to Hijikata, instead of how I thought their relationship would be. They talk as equals, not as a fangirl talking to an aloof man.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
What have you the impression she would fangirl at all

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I imagined them like Mash and the protagonist, basically, and I'm happy it's not.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I mean, they're longtime comrades that fought for the same cause and since childhood Okita was a sword genius, something that Hijikata has acknowledged for a while.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Gologle doesnt' seem to be taking it into account but there are gudaguda ace comics where Okita's comically going "Hijikata-san!"

I think Okita is really fond of him but Hijikata views her as a trusted comrade because of how deeply he loves the shinsengumi.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
do people find the gudaguda comics funny

because they don't seem funny

especially in contrast to riyo and the pack of sexual deviants depicted in the comics thereof

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

OnimaruXLR posted:

do people find the gudaguda comics funny

because they don't seem funny

especially in contrast to riyo and the pack of sexual deviants depicted in the comics thereof
the riyo comics get way too gross and cruel about homosexuality for my tastes

theres some funny jokes in there but 'haha gudako wants to gently caress girls so shes intensely uncomfortable for everyone to be around and wants to assault olga' isnt one of them

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

also gudaos a pedophile who doesn't respect davincis boundaries

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I always took that as more a depiction of Gudako's (and her male counterpart's) depiction as pure, nightmarish, unrestrained otaku id in it's most lascivious form than any kind of "Ew, gay" thing

But maybe that's just those old idolmaster videos coloring my perception

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

OnimaruXLR posted:

I always took that as more a depiction of Gudako's (and her male counterpart's) depiction as pure, nightmarish, unrestrained otaku id in it's most lascivious form than any kind of "Ew, gay" thing

But maybe that's just those old idolmaster videos coloring my perception

Same, and also koha ace is good

The sheer savagery used to make a dantes/double skadi joke is a sight to behold

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I enjoy Koha Ace

Nobu and Okita are dumb friends, Saber Blue is hungry, and Medusa is stuck babysitting them all.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

im not saying riyo is a homophobe or set out to make a homophobic work, just that the jokes themselves play into enough lesbian stereotypes that i still find them uncomfortable

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Isn’t every single character in the riyo comic a lesbian?

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Billzasilver posted:

not really, and all the gay characters are Wacky Comedy Rapists. so

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Billzasilver posted:

nooot really?

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Elephant Parade posted:

not really, and all the gay characters are Wacky Comedy Rapists. so

I thought that aggressively kissy Marie and the Altera+Helena relationship was cute. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

IMO its bad that they turned Gudao into a shotacon.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I think it's mostly meant as otaku sex pervert jokes, but yeah, the ones that are just guda(k)o being directly weird towards people versus "hey da vinci make me this daki kthx" wear on me pretty quick, and a lot of the Gudao ones specifically are just really bad.

There's a lot that are strictly servant focused or otherwise outside of that wheelhouse that it doesn't ruin it for me or anything, it does complicate my feelings a bit over gudako being the wacky meme face of the game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Crasical posted:

I thought that aggressively kissy Marie and the Altera+Helena relationship was cute. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i like the altera helena thing too

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

altera is a pure existence in the sinful realm of learning with manga

riyo gudao is basically irreperably corrupted for me but other than that i enjoy the art. haven't read any strips since the davinci land one i think...

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Oh jesus, the mecha-nobu giant crit animation

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Hot take, I like Riyo’s art for the april fools art and bunyan but I can’t stand the comic itself.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Hot take, I like Riyo’s art for the april fools art and bunyan but I can’t stand the comic itself.

I've stopped reading the comic long ago, the Riyo art is good for promotional stuff and April Fools but the actual comic had definitely wore out its welcome.

The 1st and 2nd year of the comic's run was actually relevant because there was a lot of easy material to make fun of with such a janky game, but nowadays it's not really terrible aside from the fact we always want more quartz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I laughed at the first Gudao joke with getting Astolfo to say lewd things and then I just stopped reading his bits. Nothing wrong with liking Astolfo, young man, but let's draw the line somewhere anywhere please.