Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Learning With Manga is funny, sometimes.

I thought the joke about "one year from now, this will be a dramatic battle royale manga" payoff was good.

Koha ace is also funny, sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I'm offended by Gudao's insistence on misgendering Da Vinci instead of just accepting that she's a woman.

In other news, I am immensely enjoying using shouty angry Shinsengumi man to wreck Tesla's poo poo in the blue point nodes.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Does anyone on NA have a Hijikata and a friend list spot open, because I want to blow things up and did not roll him. :smith:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

mine is lv1 and i'm exp starved :(

dw pls give me 50 apples and move the next lotto up to june

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

Does anyone on NA have a Hijikata and a friend list spot open, because I want to blow things up and did not roll him. :smith:

I just purged 10 inactives off my list, so I have spots open now.

Also, if anyone wants to call me a dumbshit offer me useful advice for my event support setup, I'd be grateful. :v:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I have no useful advice and I dunno if we're in-game friends but I'd be more than happy to call you a dumbshit anyway.

Personally, If you have any better riders, I'd swap them for Medusa. The event damage bonus is not going to really make a level 60, unskilled Medusa useful, if you have a more leveled beefier rider put them up instead. Same also might be true for Cu. This is mostly biased towards doing the hardest version of the nodes up, anyway, but those aren't (IMO) enough of a difficulty jump that I'd prefer a lower tier. I'd also maybe swap the positions of Edison and Helena, because that's a really good Helena and I prioritize checking the class node before going to the 'any' node, though I admit that's entirely my own preferences.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Crasical posted:

I have no useful advice and I dunno if we're in-game friends but I'd be more than happy to call you a dumbshit anyway.

Personally, If you have any better riders, I'd swap them for Medusa. The event damage bonus is not going to really make a level 60, unskilled Medusa useful, if you have a more leveled beefier rider put them up instead. Same also might be true for Cu. This is mostly biased towards doing the hardest version of the nodes up, anyway, but those aren't (IMO) enough of a difficulty jump that I'd prefer a lower tier. I'd also maybe swap the positions of Edison and Helena, because that's a really good Helena and I prioritize checking the class node before going to the 'any' node, though I admit that's entirely my own preferences.

Those are some good points. Swapped out Medusa for Quetz, swapped out Cu for Shishou, swapped Edison and Helena's positions.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Crasical posted:

I thought that aggressively kissy Marie and the Altera+Helena relationship was cute. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
maybe not all, but one (two? I forget) is already pretty bad, especially when they're the main character

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
this break mechanic is too mean :(

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

W.T. Fits posted:

I just purged 10 inactives off my list, so I have spots open now.

Also, if anyone wants to call me a dumbshit offer me useful advice for my event support setup, I'd be grateful. :v:

The best advice I can give you is to show your Medusa some more love.
She is a Best Girl and deserves Grails and Skill Ups :colbert:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm gonna use Hessian Lobo so he too can be a Wolf of Mibu.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

dogsicle posted:

mine is lv1 and i'm exp starved :(

dw pls give me 50 apples and move the next lotto up to june

My hijikata is getting all the mana prism exp embers in about 24 hours when the shop refreshes. And Tesla banner is getting my next 5 summon tickets

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I've got 33 spots open, so if anyone wants to get in on that NP3 Merlin action, go right ahead.

Hero Creation would be Rank 10 but Mash ate all my QP.

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Terper posted:

I've got 33 spots open, so if anyone wants to get in on that NP3 Merlin action, go right ahead.

Hero Creation would be Rank 10 but Mash ate all my QP.

Had a dead goon on my list so I removed them and sent a request. IGN is Fujiri

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Crasical posted:

I thought that aggressively kissy Marie and the Altera+Helena relationship was cute. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ahem

:same:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

It's going to be everywhere now. Enjoy. :cheerdoge:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Once again, Merlin ruins everything.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Tired Moritz posted:

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's going to be everywhere now. Enjoy. :cheerdoge:

The gently caress is this poo poo? Explain it to me.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Roger Explosion posted:

use Google or ask nicely

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Roger Explosion posted:

Some bosses now have multiple health bars. You bust one, at the end of the turn it drops to the next bar, all full and ready to go. Your Overkill damage doesn't touch the next bar.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

enemies have multiple health bars in order to prevent people from wiping bosses in a single turn. it also allows for additional mechanics like bosses changing class or gaining buffs/debuffing you once you break one of their health bars.

basically a mechanic that allows for more variety and strategy in boss fights.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

the_steve posted:

Some bosses now have multiple health bars. You bust one, at the end of the turn it drops to the next bar, all full and ready to go. Your Overkill damage doesn't touch the next bar.

An important point that i still manage to forget too often.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Elephant Parade posted:

use Google or ask nicely
no i am too full over belligerent rage over waifu game

the_steve posted:

Oh no. Oh no that sounds awful.

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Some enemies now have multiple health bars you have to go through before they actually die, and often will have some sort of effect happen whenever a bar gets cleared (e.g. an attack or NP charge buff or a debuff clear). You can't rely on one-shotting strategies for these enemies anymore since emptied ("broken") bars don't clear until the end of the turn so you have to put a bit more thought and planning into when to use NPs and such.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

That feeling when you realize the boss has four HP bars.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

dogsicle posted:

enemies have multiple health bars in order to prevent people from wiping bosses in a single turn. it also allows for additional mechanics like bosses changing class or gaining buffs/debuffing you once you break one of their health bars.

basically a mechanic that allows for more variety and strategy in boss fights.
Wait, no, that actually sounds cool. I mean, poo poo, because I love one-turn face-murdering bosses, but still.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

If anyone wants to use my now Grailed Hessian Wolf of Mibu, I've just freed some spots.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
This new development further reinforces to me that Emiya is just absolutely loving Fate/Grand Order.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Gologle posted:

This new development further reinforces to me that Emiya is just absolutely loving Fate/Grand Order.

Oh absolutely. I think Grand Order is more or less what he hoped he would do when he became Counter-Guardian.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's April 1st in Japan

https://twitter.com/fgoproject/status/1112374456645607425?s=19

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

speaking of april 1st...

https://twitter.com/tyuuboutyauyo/status/1112369986977226754

... or is it? :ohdear:

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

EDIT: gently caress you, its fake.

Gologle fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Mar 31, 2019

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I have rolled 2 Angra Mainus this year but 0 Parvatis or Kamas in however many hundred rolls.

eat a dick dw.

Why is there no sparking :negative:

It was all free quartz but it still really sucks.

Roger Explosion posted:

Wait, no, that actually sounds cool. I mean, poo poo, because I love one-turn face-murdering bosses, but still.

Many (but not all) break bar bosses do something when a bar empties.

One of the more dickish ones is the penultimate boss of Lostbelt 1 where the boss gets unremovable permenant 100% guts.

Gologle posted:

I know Nasu said he doesn't think there'll be an FSN crossover because those characters' stories are 'done', but I really want to see sullen FSN Emiya talking to Talky Mom FGO Emiya.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Mar 31, 2019

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Meanwhile, in the world of April Fools jokes that don't leave people deeply disappointed

https://twitter.com/zi38/status/1112369335622733824

https://twitter.com/zi38/status/1112388814415093760

wait does this mean that hildr is technically the lead valkyrie

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I remember this event from JP. IIRC the strategy I used was to equip several Wolves of Mibu, because the increased rate of grinding from being able to finish the rounds faster (and just using some of my many apples to restore AP) ended up working out better time-wise than using the "increase points/items" CEs. Having Tesla is also nice for this event.

The levels themselves also drop really nice stuff. Medals, pages, gears, and those crystals!

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

How long does it typically take to get a handful of guys up in level enough that Im not relying 100% of the time on my friends list to beat everything? Herc is stuck at 50 and Cu is starting to look like a liability since every event and story map so far has been packed with sabers. It just takes so much farming to catch anything else up right now and my AP pool is so tiny that I can typically only run the 40AP one once unless it levels me up.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Ytlaya posted:

I remember this event from JP. IIRC the strategy I used was to equip several Wolves of Mibu, because the increased rate of grinding from being able to finish the rounds faster (and just using some of my many apples to restore AP) ended up working out better time-wise than using the "increase points/items" CEs. Having Tesla is also nice for this event.

The levels themselves also drop really nice stuff. Medals, pages, gears, and those crystals!

To go along with this, right now I have exactly 170 apples. The last time I seriously tried to run through my apple count during the Christmas lotteries, I still only wound up using like 40-50 apples. If you have over a hundred apples, you effectively have infinite AP, so don't worry about saving them.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

I'm yelling angrily and stomping around my place because I know it's fake and it goddamn shouldn't be

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Furnaceface posted:

How long does it typically take to get a handful of guys up in level enough that Im not relying 100% of the time on my friends list to beat everything? Herc is stuck at 50 and Cu is starting to look like a liability since every event and story map so far has been packed with sabers. It just takes so much farming to catch anything else up right now and my AP pool is so tiny that I can typically only run the 40AP one once unless it levels me up.

Next time a lotto comes around with a bunch of materials and exp cards.
Do what you can for the events - getting the event unit and whatever materials you need.
What material are you stuck on for Herc?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Was that, amongst other things, Vlad (didn't quite catch which version) staring down TATARI Dracula?

Or in other words

Shinjobi posted:

I'm yelling angrily and stomping around my place because I know it's fake and it goddamn shouldn't be