Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Diet Poison posted:

Anyone know if these are locked into a nature or if I'm going to have to soft-reset a bunch for the 1% likelihood I'll ever use one of these guys? I haven't picked them up yet cause I'm playing HeartGold again AKA "Call Screening Simulator 2008". Haha, gently caress you Todd.

You can just breed them with Ditto to pass on the HA. The only reason why we couldn't get them before is because they don't call their own species during a wild battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Diet Poison posted:

Anyone know if these are locked into a nature or if I'm going to have to soft-reset a bunch for the 1% likelihood I'll ever use one of these guys? I haven't picked them up yet cause I'm playing HeartGold again AKA "Call Screening Simulator 2008". Haha, gently caress you Todd.

I can breed these guys for you if you want. And just a heads up telekinesis is a much better ability for oranguru than symbiosis. He really benefits from a meaty partner he can use like a bludgeon on an opposing pokemon. By himself? He's not amazing.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Mar 31, 2019

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

The only Pokemon that now don't have their HAs are Heatran's Flame Body and the four Tapus' Telepathy. I can understand why these are the last ones left.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Crosspeice posted:

The only Pokemon that now don't have their HAs are Heatran's Flame Body and the four Tapus' Telepathy. I can understand why these are the last ones left.

They don't even need em'. They should give poor wimpod something that turns into tough claws when it evolves. It would do wonders for golisopod.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Diet Poison posted:

They aren't nature or gender locked.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

Edit: beaten

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
:woop: Then Muriel the Eevee stays! I am thinking Seel or Seadra for the eventual water type, since I have clefable, eevee, rapidash, alolan golem (I really wish I could nickname it), and parasect set in my team. I've mostly been using the sixth slot for level evolutions to fill out my pokedex.

At first I was crazy skeptical about this game, but it's really grown on me.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Crosspeice posted:

"The gently caress is a Heatran?" - GameFreak

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Diet Poison posted:

man for like 30 seconds i thought you were somehow blaming todd howard for heartgold, the internet has poisoned my brain

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
A quick first look on the GTS and I can't see natures, IVs, or Abilities, and every yahoo with a level 1 Bulbasaur to offer wants a Mew in exchange. How completely useless. I Wonder Traded into getting a Gible, though, which was pretty cool.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
The best way to get things on GTS is to post your own trade offers for the stuff you want. 90% of the trades posted on there are like what you mentioned. Don't waste your time digging through that stuff unless you're trying to swap legendaries.

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
There's also an option in the GTS to turn off trades for any pokemon that can't be traded because of certain ribbons. Like Mew.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Sound advice. Can I add a little message or turn on some option to check Abilities to help me hunt for HA starters?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

SuperKlaus posted:

Sound advice. Can I add a little message or turn on some option to check Abilities to help me hunt for HA starters?

I haven't played ultramoon/sun but I'm pretty sure you can't, unfortunately. If I remember right about the most you can do is specify gender and a ten level window if you're feeling picky.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
That being said if you're wanting something specific just ask ITT, there's a lot of goons with living dexes and jam-packed Pokemon banks who are very generous. Not me though

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Also good advice but I'm a choosy beggar in that I don't have gen7 so anybody doing me charity would have to do it from gen6. Makes it tough because I think most people have moved their stock on.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Reddit is also a good source for trades, since we are post gen 7 now it's mostly people looking for obscure/specialized stuff now but it's decently active.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

SuperKlaus posted:

Also good advice but I'm a choosy beggar in that I don't have gen7 so anybody doing me charity would have to do it from gen6. Makes it tough because I think most people have moved their stock on.

which version of Gen 6 do you have? If it's XY and you've done much trading you might be able to check your Friend Safari. I can look at my own game as well.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I don't really know what friend safari is :downs:. I have X but I've put more play time in to my OR.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

SuperKlaus posted:

I don't really know what friend safari is :downs:. I have X but I've put more play time in to my OR.

Friend Safari is a post-game activity in X and Y that was the main way without trading or banking to get pokemon that weren't in the Kalos regional dex.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

SuperKlaus posted:

Many people use the “markings”(star, circle, triangle, etc.) to denote 31 or 0 IVs, which IIRC can be viewed on the trade summary.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Bongo Bill posted:

Friend Safari is a post-game activity in X and Y that was the main way without trading or banking to get pokemon that weren't in the Kalos regional dex.

And it also has a greater chance of getting shinies. Got my only shiny, Kirlia, from a goons friend safari. Thank you, Meis! Shiny Gardevoir is a jewel in my Pokémon collection, and it’s clones have made a lot of people happy.

Unrelated, one of my wishes for Sword/Shield, is that it supports Pokeball Plus. I still love carrying that thing around.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Aerofallosov posted:

:woop: Then Muriel the Eevee stays! I am thinking Seel or Seadra for the eventual water type, since I have clefable, eevee, rapidash, alolan golem (I really wish I could nickname it), and parasect set in my team. I've mostly been using the sixth slot for level evolutions to fill out my pokedex.

At first I was crazy skeptical about this game, but it's really grown on me.

To repeat what others have said, I could've easily beaten the elite four with just my Eevee.

But another thing to note. If you want to focus on completing the story/plateau first, there's hardly a reason to keep a slot on your team for evolving for your dex. Since you get xp without fighting, you can just do it all in batches of 6 while you chain for shinies or the Hitmon you didn't pick.

It does seem like a water type would help fill your team out well, so may I also recommend the best gen 1 water Pokemon? Vaporeon. They're absurdly tanky, especially compared to the other Eevolutions.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

SuperKlaus posted:

You can ask, but can't guarantee anyone will listen to you. Just like most of the messages on up-for-trade mons saying "6IV HA" are fuckin lies.

thrilla in vanilla posted:

If I remember right about the most you can do is specify gender and a ten level window if you're feeling picky.
That fuckin 10-level window's main purpose, btw, is to enable morons/assholes to ask for impossible trades only.

Got Dang the GTS is poorly executed. First thing I'd do is rip away that level-window-request function, then make it so you can see every aspect of a mon up for trade, down to the ability, nature, EVs and IVs.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
We playing pokemon while Golisopod is playing Sekiro

https://twitter.com/sakagami1989pi1/status/1112290308098711553?s=19

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Diet Poison posted:

You can ask, but can't guarantee anyone will listen to you. Just like most of the messages on up-for-trade mons saying "6IV HA" are fuckin lies.

That fuckin 10-level window's main purpose, btw, is to enable morons/assholes to ask for impossible trades only.

Got Dang the GTS is poorly executed. First thing I'd do is rip away that level-window-request function, then make it so you can see every aspect of a mon up for trade, down to the ability, nature, EVs and IVs.

First thing I would do is give the option to search for what people want. I got a million HA whatever in Fashion Balls. Yeah I could just Wonder Trade them away, but maybe I want to see what I could get for them. Maybe make some kid's day with a HA Dratini in a Love Ball when all he wants is a Dratini for Dex completion.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Guzma episode was good.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Guzma episode was good.

My boy.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I feel the need to share Guzma's introduction in the anime, because it is absolutely wonderful in every single way. :swoon:

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/1112282634921508866

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Speaking of water Pokemon. What should I get in US/UM.
I like the idea of a squad of fighting Pokemon and/big boys(like my soon to be Muk) but it seems like my choices are Poliwrath who gets pretty meh moves and Crabrawler who evolves into the worst type. I'm reluctant to use Gyrados and Vaporeon because I've used them so many times before, and Muk already handles the poison that Tentacruel would bring.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Nasgate posted:

I like the idea of a squad of fighting Pokemon and/big boys(like my soon to be Muk) but it seems like my choices are Poliwrath who gets pretty meh moves and Crabrawler who evolves into the worst type. I'm reluctant to use Gyrados and Vaporeon because I've used them so many times before, and Muk already handles the poison that Tentacruel would bring.

Crabrawler isn't a Water type.

Might I suggest picking up a Wimpod and using Gosliopod on your team?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Nasgate posted:

Have you tried Golisopod? He's actually pretty good in-game, especially if you can get around his slowness by using Aqua Jet (although it has to be bred onto it) and First Impression.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Vandar posted:

I feel the need to share Guzma's introduction in the anime, because it is absolutely wonderful in every single way. :swoon:

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/1112282634921508866

I want this but subbed, I'm sure the lyrics are great from what little I can understand.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Nasgate posted:

Golisopod pulls it's weight pretty good once you get em' nice and beefy and aqua jet really helps. Crawdaunt also is a beast if you can get it's hidden ability. Those are some pretty big water type boys right there.

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Apr 1, 2019

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Blaze Dragon posted:

I want this but subbed, I'm sure the lyrics are great from what little I can understand.

The fansubs say:

Let's get high!
I just can't deal with this painful world!
Beat down and smash the unpleasant world!
Smash! Mess up! Wreck! Break!
Collapse pleasantries! Refreshing destruction!
Full power! Blue skies!
We're the proud Skull Gang!
We're the famous Skull Gang!
Put your hands up, everybody!

The episode also contains a rap battle between Team Skull and Team Rocket.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Silver Falcon posted:

It's pretty darn fast in the Alola games.

Oval Charm is a key item you get it in Hea Hea City from Moritomo in the Gamefreak building. It makes eggs appear more often.

If you have a Pokemon with Magma Armor or Flame Body in your party, eggs hatch twice as fast. If you're in Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon, you can also use the Roto Hatch power (received randomly when Rotom's eyes flash), to cut it in half again.

Then what you do is go out to the small enclosed pen right in front of the Nursery, bring out your Tauros ride-on Pokemon, and spin in circles like an idiot. When the attendant outside crosses her arms, that means an egg is ready! Go grab it, and spin some more. When you have a party full of eggs, pop a Roto Hatch, or just keep spinning and keep collecting eggs as they come in. If you accept another egg while your party is full, you'll be promted to send any extras straight to your PC.

You can amass unholy amounts of eggs in no time at all.

I also do a perhaps unhealthy amount of breeding. I can answer any more questions you might have!

I just want to thank you again for this post Silver. Really helped me get forms I was missing really quick.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Procrastine posted:

The fansubs say:

Let's get high!
I just can't deal with this painful world!
Beat down and smash the unpleasant world!
Smash! Mess up! Wreck! Break!
Collapse pleasantries! Refreshing destruction!
Full power! Blue skies!
We're the proud Skull Gang!
We're the famous Skull Gang!
Put your hands up, everybody!

That's perfectly fitting and I love it. I love Team Skull so much.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/nyautaro/status/1112287651606851584?s=19

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Nasgate posted:

Bruxish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Nasgate posted:

Let me introduce you to my friend, Toxapex