Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Or I will shitpost a thousand times harder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Thread is dull. Rather than wait for people to respond, I'm going to reveal some info.

I'm an Inventor. I had to choose 3 people to randomly distribute items to during N0.

The items I had were:
- The Ring
- The Brooch
- The Pendant

I distributed them to:
- fool of sound
- toalpaz
- kaschei

I don't know who got what.
I don't know what the items do.
I can't invent anything else.

The reason I am revealing this info now is that
A.) The distribution was really a shot in the dark
B.) I currently believe that Toalpaz is heavily leaning scum
C.) If I reveal this info now on D1, noone gets to lie about anything incase I've handed an invention over to scum

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Would love to know who got what, and I suppose it's up to those posters to reveal what they do or not.

This is why I wanted to hear from fool_of_sound.
I'd hate to see people being replaced :argh:

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Why do you believe Toal is scum Infi? Their jokephase scumclaim? Or getting defensive afterwards? Like I feel that's just Toal and not really a helpful read either way yet.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Also upon reading through, I don't really have reads on anyone either way yet, so keeping my vote where it is for the moment.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Amoeba, why did you spend so much time in a post saying I’m not good at mafia? How is that relevant at all other than to discredit my vote onto you?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Would love to know who got what, and I suppose it's up to those posters to reveal what they do or not.

This is why I wanted to hear from fool_of_sound.
I'd hate to see people being replaced :argh:

I did respond! Nobody has admitted to having creepy teeth yet so I don't have anything to add. I dont like taking total shots in the dark on day 1. Anyway if you did send me a ring or whatever I haven't gotten it yet afaict. It seems wierd you would call a bunch of people out though!

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Infinitum posted:

Thread is dull. Rather than wait for people to respond, I'm going to reveal some info.

I'm an Inventor. I had to choose 3 people to randomly distribute items to during N0.

The items I had were:
- The Ring
- The Brooch
- The Pendant

I distributed them to:
- fool of sound
- toalpaz
- kaschei

I don't know who got what.
I don't know what the items do.
I can't invent anything else.

The reason I am revealing this info now is that
A.) The distribution was really a shot in the dark
B.) I currently believe that Toalpaz is heavily leaning scum
C.) If I reveal this info now on D1, noone gets to lie about anything incase I've handed an invention over to scum

YES

MORE CLAIMING

THE DAY ONE MASSCLAIM DREAM ISN'T DEAD YET

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Also assuming I get a piece of magic jewelery item I dunno I'll try to do something useful with it but I'm not a mafia expert and am vanilla town anyway.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I can pardon another player with the brooch.

lol at all these vanilla town claims d1

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

don't you know if you're vanilla town you're supposed pull all the attention to let yourself die? smh

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
if you got yours mine is probs some hidden or passive effect or something.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

*fart*

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Pardon me

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Looking at you Toalpaz

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

yeah what is db doing this game ##vote db

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I have to save solus today sorry ASF

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

fool_of_sound posted:

if you got yours mine is probs some hidden or passive effect or something.

Did you not get a notification of the items ability? (I am not asking you to tell us what if so but just if)

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Dick Bastardly posted:

Did you not get a notification of the items ability? (I am not asking you to tell us what if so but just if)

i didnt get a notification i got an item at all, but apparently toalpaz did so i'm going to assume infinitum is telling the truth

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

:psyduck: What are you people doing

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Retro Futurist posted:

My knee-jerk reaction is that it's a scum inventor going for town cred.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

don't you know if you're vanilla town you're supposed pull all the attention to let yourself die? smh

I mean I could start posting a lot?

though I didn't scumclaim day 1 this time around, which means I'm probably going to be the lunch/nightkill

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Retro Futurist posted:

MASS

CLAIM

BUTT

FAME

:buttfame:

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I got a pendant and I’m not afraid to use it

Really surprised if a fool didn’t get notified

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

scum infinitum giving brooch to 2 town 1 scum and framing a town by putting suspicion on one?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
yeah im definitely suspicious of anyone putting out a giant claim on day 1 and now i'm thinking i didnt actually get sent an item. he also specifically called me out twice before claiming so

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

fool_of_sound posted:

i didnt get a notification i got an item at all, but apparently toalpaz did so i'm going to assume infinitum is telling the truth

I dont like discrepancies

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

merk posted:

My knee-jerk reaction is that it's a scum inventor going for town cred.

:hmmyes:

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Dick Bastardly posted:

I dont like discrepancies

n0 actions also generally seem to be suspicious by default

I'm not opposed to inf as the lunch for the day

##vote inf

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The claim’s fine. This reads like scrambling in response

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote fool of sound

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Toalpaz posted:

I have to save solus today sorry ASF

Big “What, why?” from me, thanks.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
i cant help i just freak out a little when i wake up to someone specifically calling me out twice for not posting enough and pushing a claim on me!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmm I was convinced inf was gambitting after fools response but this is interesting.

Was there some flavor behind why those random objects are in this game?

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Jon Joe posted:

Big “What, why?” from me, thanks.

I will also second this

why save me? this does make me very suspicious

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

solus has a tendency to die d1 or d2 so I'm just going to make sure he isn't lynched d1 hahaha

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

Toalpaz posted:

solus has a tendency to die d1 or d2 so I'm just going to make sure he isn't lynched d1 hahaha

It hasn't gone that way in a while, I think- plus, I'd rather I live or die on my own merits. I'm only VT- and you yourself said that it's most beneficial for VT to eat a NK/lynch rather than a power role.

This just doesn't make a lot of sense, but I also am not sure it's actually scummy.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Toalpaz posted:

Hmmmm

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Toalpaz is an absolute mess but I don’t think he’s scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

SolusLunes posted:

It hasn't gone that way in a while, I think- plus, I'd rather I live or die on my own merits. I'm only VT- and you yourself said that it's most beneficial for VT to eat a NK/lynch rather than a power role.

This just doesn't make a lot of sense, but I also am not sure it's actually scummy.

Well, I don't know if you're lying about being VT or not or if anyone who has claimed VT is lying about it to save themselves, secretly being town power roles. Tis the nature of mafia.

Did they claim VT to save themselves from the NK?

Scum knowing that they would claim VT to save themselves from the NK because they were actually a PR, would kill them then to remove a town PR.

However! Did they claim VT to pretend to save themselves from the NK, knowing that scum would kill them because scum thought they were actually a PR, but they were actually VT drawing a target on themselves?

ETC