Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

fool_of_sound (2): Jonathan Fisk, Jon Joe, Jonathan Fisk, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
merk (2): A Sometimes Food, Retro Futurist, Jonathan Fisk, Jonathan Fisk
Jon Joe (2): merk, Hal Incandenza
Lynch No One! (1): fool_of_sound
Jonathan Fisk (1): kaschei
Amoeba102 (1): merk, George Kansas, merk
Infinitum (1): merk, merk, SolusLunes, Toalpaz, merk, merk, Toalpaz
Toalpaz (1): George Kansas, Infinitum, Jonathan Fisk, George Kansas, Infinitum, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Retro Futurist (1): Anomalous Amalgam
Dick Bastardly (0): merk, SolusLunes, merk, Toalpaz, SolusLunes, Toalpaz
SolusLunes (0): Infinitum, Infinitum, Jon Joe, Jon Joe
George Kansas (0): Infinitum, Toalpaz, Infinitum, Toalpaz

Not Voting (3): Amoeba102, Dick Bastardly, Toalpaz

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 02nd, 2019 at 10:10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 11 hours, 36 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Before I get into infi’s (imo more substantiated) points against me, I wanted to address merk’s:

merk posted:

##vote Jon Joe

1. Forced dichotomy of who to lynch.
2. Your vote piggybacks onto Fisk to lessen your culpability if fool flips town.
3. The real crux of your vote is setup speculation which lessens your culpability if fool flips town (eh, I guess maybe there IS a busdriver!) or implicates Infi instead of you (now Infi must be lying!!).
4. It looks like you purposely got into a slapfight which didn't advance scum hunting.
5. The rest of your content is 'meh'.

This is pinging me like a malware infected computer pings the pentagon servers.

And no that isn’t just...uh, what’s the term? USUCK? USUCC? I know both of those are wrong but I can’t for the life of me remember the term, been too long since my last mafia game lol. I’m so dummy thicc the clap of my rear end cheeks keeps alerting the scum.

The post merk is quoting was made way, way early in the day, and merk has had ample time to respond to it before now with his suspicions. He did question me over it, but showed no signs this was a Big Scum Sign.

To summon the specter of “merk is too good a player” that haunts this game, I must say that merk is too good a player for such a lazy case - and I’m not referring to the word count. Points one through three are some the laziest, least interesting, and uncompelling casework I have seen this game, and that includes from people I think are scum besides merk (stay tuned for jonjoe’s Very Special lumpen list, coming soon to a post near you)

Point 5 is null - it shouldn’t even be on this list considering the crux of his argument doesn’t even rely on saying I’m not putting in effort. In the immortal words of a great sage, “that’s just, like, your opinion, man”

Point 4 is the only one that interests me, as it’s the only one that offers a potential townie explanation for merk’s shift to voting me. “It looks like you purposely got in a slapfight which didn’t advance scumhunting”.

Ok.

That’s just a recycled edition of kash’s opinion on me, albeit stripped of the idea that Fisk was also in on it. This doesn’t offer to me a compelling reason for as to why merk believes I’m scum. I mean, it has the closest thing to potential for that, and I would definitely like to see merk expand more on it whether he chooses to keep voting me or not, but I have to wonder why he didn’t make his case about that, the thing that made him change his mind, in the first place

(It’s because he’s opportunistic scum)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Toalpaz the term “lack or self awareness” can’t capture the magnitude of you suspecting me for holding onto a case d1

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Our d1 content is pretty muddled thus far. Toalpaz is a good choice mechanically and a good choice from a perspective of close reading

I’ll stake my rep on it

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
##vote fisk

fake scum hunting etc

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
OMGUS! That was the term

*looks sidelong at toalpaz*

I currently hold the opinion toalpaz is toalpaz and thus weird as poo poo regardless of alignment but sure I’ll include a reread of him in today’s schedule

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

##vote fisk

fake scum hunting etc

Nice meltdown

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Note since suggesting toalpaz actually verify their claim they’ve been losing it

Give me :siren:thunderdome:siren:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Note since suggesting toalpaz actually verify their claim they’ve been losing it

Give me :siren:thunderdome:siren:

verify what claim

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Now they’re losing it

Can’t even keep track of own lies

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

You think toalpaz chose to fake claim an eminently verifiable ability that's awful to leave in the hands of scum and is now scared of actually having to use that ability?

Like the late "I can't governor myself" pings me too but this scenario makes zero sense

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
To clarify Fisk, you’re asking to verify that toalpaz’s amulet makes a player lunch immune, so you want to vote him to force him to use it on himself, correct?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

kaschei posted:

You think toalpaz chose to fake claim an eminently verifiable ability that's awful to leave in the hands of scum and is now scared of actually having to use that ability?

Like the late "I can't governor myself" pings me too but this scenario makes zero sense

town :clap emoji: cannot :clap emoji: accurately :clap emoji: project :clap emoji: scum :different emoji: motivations

we don't have the scope of the board

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Now they’re losing it

Can’t even keep track of own lies

Fisk you know being given an item by an inventor isn't the same as claiming a role right? lmao

The invention lets me pardon a player? It's hardly something someone could call a claim because Infinitum claimed to have given them out, I received one of them, and now I have that one shot power. It isn't 'a claim'.

If you were actually concerned about something like that wouldn't you be pushing Kasch to claim the one shot power they got from Infinitum, they haven't yet. Why does me revealing to town the pardon power ping you?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Jon Joe posted:

To clarify Fisk, you’re asking to verify that toalpaz’s amulet makes a player lunch immune, so you want to vote him to force him to use it on himself, correct?

If they're telling the truth, yes, I want that out of the game early. I'm not convinced they are.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

kaschei posted:

? Don’t you also have an amulet

Why does toal’s statement ping you if you can and presumably have already verified it’s true (or else would be voting for him)?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

you claimed to receive an item, whatever ludicrous attachments you make to that are your own business.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I definitely want kash to tell us the powers of the amulet

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

I analyzed that post in particular because it's your current vote. I also looked at your slapfight. I also looked at the rest of your content.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Jon Joe posted:

? Don’t you also have an amulet

Why does toal’s statement ping you if you can and presumably have already verified it’s true (or else would be voting for him)?
I have a pendant and it does not pardon. The way I received it is congruent with infinitum's claim (came after role PM).

I'm exploring JFisk's underlying belief because his post pings me. It happens to be about Toalpaz but I'm not suspicious about Toalpaz for their item claim.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Like the claim to have gotten the exact same item but reading through kash’s post it doesn’t look like they got the same power (or least aren’t claiming so), like what lmao I didn’t notice it earlier but that’s shady as poo poo

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Jon Joe posted:

I definitely want kash to tell us the powers of the amulet
I don't see any advantage to this and the weirdest part of toalpaz's item claim is that they made it.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

I analyzed that post in particular because it's your current vote. I also looked at your slapfight. I also looked at the rest of your content.

That’s not an explanation as to why your opinion of me changed enough to vote me

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

kaschei posted:

I don't see any advantage to this and the weirdest part of toalpaz's item claim is that they made it.

That’s fair, but at the same time you both got the same item. Don’t you think it’s strange your powers don’t match up?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

No I have a Brooch Kasch claimed Pendent. It all makes sense as far as I can tell except the missing ring that Infinitum claimed was supposed to reach Fool by process of elimination.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Toalpaz posted:

No I have a Brooch Kasch claimed Pendent. It all makes sense as far as I can tell except the missing ring that Infinitum claimed was supposed to reach Fool by process of elimination.

I’m loving stupid, ignore me

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

vote toalpaz because they're scum

vote them because they're town but you don't like pardon powers

vote them because you have personal beef, even

just. vote. toalpaz.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Jon Joe, pendants are jewelry pieces that go on necklaces.

Amulet, according to google, is a graphic novel series illustrated and written by Kazu Kibuishi and published by Scholastic.

Hopefully this will help you understand the difference between pendants and amulets.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

kaschei posted:

Amulet, according to google, is a graphic novel series illustrated and written by Kazu Kibuishi and published by Scholastic.

Hopefully this will help you understand the difference between pendants and amulets.

And a brooch is between breakfast and lunch, right?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

kaschei posted:

lul

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Dudes Fisk is third party or something, I can't imagine scum or town acting like this? Death miller or executioner?

##unvote

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

Dudes Fisk is third party or something, I can't imagine scum or town acting like this? Death miller or executioner?

##unvote

mice neltdown

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Jon Joe posted:

I’m loving stupid, ignore me

I had a hearty laugh at this.

kaschei posted:

And this made me shout laugh.

Fisk is right, we can't know scum motivations. Which is why I believe it is not too risky to vote FoS.

I honestly feel better about toal and think Fisk is goading toal and trying to solicit a vote against them for any reason:

Jonathan Fisk posted:

vote toalpaz because they're scum

vote them because they're town but you don't like pardon powers

vote them because you have personal beef, even

just. vote. toalpaz.

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

try to step to taste but you don't run deep like that clown

go and ##vote toalpaz to take a scumbo rear end down

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I honestly feel better about toal and think Fisk is goading toal and trying to solicit a vote against them for any reason:

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh

That's completely accurate. I don't care if I have to drag thread kicking and screaming into a good lynch, I'll do it.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Jonathan Fisk posted:

try to step to taste but you don't run deep like that clown

go and ##vote toalpaz to take a scumbo rear end down

:cheerdoge:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

To be clear, Fisk is assuming I'm lying about not being able to pardon myself. He's asking for a thunderdome hoping a real one is placed between me and him. He hopes I will pardon myself and town and scum will kill him.

He is a Jester/death miller.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

toalpaz slowly turns into qanon

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Jon Joe posted:

That’s not an explanation as to why your opinion of me changed enough to vote me

I unvoted Amoeba and decided to reread. When looking at you fresh, I thought you were scummy and mined out a case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

##unvote

This is very unlike you.