Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Jonathan Fisk posted:

toalpaz slowly turns into qanon

You’re right. The only answer to this is good, scientific evidence.

##kill Fisk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
No posting

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Jon Joe posted:

You’re right. The only answer to this is good, scientific evidence.

##kill Fisk

:eyepop:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Nothing Happens

Confirming this was a valid day action.

Day continues.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

lol shooting blanks

How appropriate given your reads

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

the DRAMA of it all.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Jonathan Fisk posted:

lol shooting blanks

How appropriate given your reads

Yep, that’s my role. I’m a fake vig. I wasn’t expecting somb to remind people not to post/close the thread, because I thought the purpose of my role was to draw out reactions. I couldn’t use it on fool because it would draw out too much confusion over if the item he didn’t get had anything to do with it, infi wouldn’t be here until until the deadline and I didn’t want to cause that much chaos so close to it, merk I expected to have the discipline to not give anything away. You, though, seemed hot headed enough that you could possibly admit something if you were scum.

Sadly my power didn’t work out that way and has amounted to a big fat nothing. I have to wonder what somb even intended the role for. It does say I count as having a kill for investigations, so I guess it’s just a slightly cooler miller role?

Oh well.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Jon Joe posted:

Yep, that’s my role. I’m a fake vig. I wasn’t expecting somb to remind people not to post/close the thread, because I thought the purpose of my role was to draw out reactions. I couldn’t use it on fool because it would draw out too much confusion over if the item he didn’t get had anything to do with it, infi wouldn’t be here until until the deadline and I didn’t want to cause that much chaos so close to it, merk I expected to have the discipline to not give anything away. You, though, seemed hot headed enough that you could possibly admit something if you were scum.

Sadly my power didn’t work out that way and has amounted to a big fat nothing. I have to wonder what somb even intended the role for. It does say I count as having a kill for investigations, so I guess it’s just a slightly cooler miller role?

Oh well.

I don't believe this

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

that's classic lie overexplanation. What's the real story

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Jonathan Fisk posted:

that's classic lie overexplanation. What's the real story

That is the real story, complete with my thought process of choosing you

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
what

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

So if you don't trust toalpaz with the pardon ability, but Toalpaz can't pardon themselves, why not vote me out and see if Toalpaz pardons me, like they said they would?

Or Fisk, I'd be down with fisk.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Like I’m not asking you to believe it makes me town - fake vig could easily be a scum role - but that’s just what happened

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
In what world is "fake vig" a role, let alone a town role?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

In what world is "fake vig" a role, let alone a town role?

This game

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The only way this makes sense as town is if there's a gunsmith in the game, which fits what you said is in your role PM about "count as having a kill for investigations."

##unvote

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
...or if there is a gunsmith in the game and the purpose of your role is to show you have a day vig making you return as 'having a gun' to the gunsmith... but in reality you're scum and would show up anyway.

It'd be a Godfather-like role in that regard. WHICH WOULD BE PRETTY COOL IF SCUM

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

jj's explanation reads like intention to start us down that trail. no thank ewe

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I explained that poorly.

gunsmith: I investigated Jon Joe last night, and he has a gun!!!!
jon joe: of course I do ##kill Fisk
gunsmith: oooh, I guess you're town!

When in reality, he's scum. THAT WOULD BE COOL COME ON

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Jonathan Fisk posted:

jj's explanation reads like intention to start us down that trail. no thank ewe

Yeah I mean smart play is just to ignore this happened and move on

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

I explained that poorly.

gunsmith: I investigated Jon Joe last night, and he has a gun!!!!
jon joe: of course I do ##kill Fisk
gunsmith: oooh, I guess you're town!

When in reality, he's scum. THAT WOULD BE COOL COME ON

No that would be absolutely awesome, agreed

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

It would be cool. I don't know what to make of it and its best to judge Joe Jon on the merits of the posting.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I’m legitimately bewildered that merk is unvoting me over this, actually. As town it makes 0 sense for him, and as scum the best explanation I can make is a relatively weak “he realized if he kept pushing me that it would cost him more than he’d gain and this was a convient excuse to hop off”

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Like how does any of this invalidate the points you were making earlier about me in your eyes, merk?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
You seemed pretty sure of yourself...

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'm rethinking with new information.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

you should think about voting toalpaz

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

toalpaz slowly turns into qanon

Lol

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

It would be cool. I don't know what to make of it and its best to judge Joe Jon on the merits of the posting.

Bingo

I have a weird role that I can't fathom the purpose of so I believe he knew it was fake. But could totally be scum

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I don't believe this

I totally understand why anyone wouldn't believe jj's claim, but there's a small detail that I'd like not to shed too much light on (because the scums are watching :tinfoil:), but gives a lot of legitimacy to the claim in my eyes.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I bet it's a delayed kill.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Dick Bastardly posted:

I totally understand why anyone wouldn't believe jj's claim, but there's a small detail that I'd like not to shed too much light on (because the scums are watching :tinfoil:), but gives a lot of legitimacy to the claim in my eyes.

Why would you post this

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Jon Joe posted:

Why would you post this

There's more of us than there are them so... I dont think it's too risky....?

Or maybe I'm a giant dumb idiot?

I'm thinking maybe both...

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
A thread full of fools and I’m just one more

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
It should never be assumed that I am good at mafia and/or not a giant dumb idiot

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
db id like to see way more content out of you, youve posted next to nothing besides jokes and responding to setup spec

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
And I don’t want to hear you’re just suffering from a belly full of gut reads, either. If you don’t have solid suspicions (at least, solid for day 1) at this point in time, that’s sus as gently caress

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Can’t believe you saved fake vig all the way through April fools

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

kaschei posted:

Can’t believe you saved fake vig all the way through April fools

But today is Dark Baby day so it's almost as good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010