Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

This doesn't mean anything. Any game company would be an idiot for not wanting their character to be in Smash

American McGay posted:

6-8 hours should not be considered short, imo.

I also don't think that estimate includes taking into account 100%ing the game. It's similar to how people said Captain Toad was super short but it really wasn't if you weren't just doing the levels and that's it.

Speaking of, I really need to get around to playing the new Captain Toad levels. Gosh and golly I adored that game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

How short we talking about. Inside Short? Yoshi's Crafted World short? Mario Odyssey Short?

Like, play it in two or three evenings short. IMO it is one of the few games I've played that really comes close to making good on the promise of a game being a thing that lets you experience things you couldn't otherwise. I would love to see more like it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Macaluso posted:

This doesn't mean anything. Any game company would be an idiot for not wanting their character to be in Smash

I also don't think that estimate includes taking into account 100%ing the game. It's similar to how people said Captain Toad was super short but it really wasn't if you weren't just doing the levels and that's it.

Speaking of, I really need to get around to playing the new Captain Toad levels. Gosh and golly I adored that game

You can 100% the game without even really trying tbh

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Macaluso posted:

Even Funimation jokingly asked Nintendo to add Goku to Smash (and people thought it wasn't a joke).

As for Hellblade, one of the main selling points of the game is the fact that they actually consulted psychologists and people who actually have schizophrenia on how to portray it properly in the game itself.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

They should have consulted good game makers :laugh::smugbert:

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Pakistani politics posted:

I'm not sure how far I am along but I absolutely love Blaster Master Zero 2. I'm guessing there might be around 6 or 7 areas, but I'm not sure. It's a huge, huge step above the last one. So far the difficulty level has been just perfect. The game is actually hard, like Nintendo-hard, at times. I just beat the crazy mountain guy. Seriously epic battle. If you can time the new flash attack thing correctly, some of the bad guys become total pushovers. The level variety is great, everything is great. It fees just like an NES game but on a bigger scale. I liked BMZ1 but this one is way better, for real.

edit: I beat Zavira with literally one health point and on my last weapon. That boss is seriously insane.

That’s awesome, I just beat BM Zero a few weeks ago and redeemed nine year old me who couldn’t get it done on the (much harder) NES cart. Will definitely be picking this up. I didn’t even realize it was around before you said anything.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Zuzie posted:

Even Funimation jokingly asked Nintendo to add Goku to Smash (and people thought it wasn't a joke).

It's not really a joke when they would 100% do it if Nintendo let them.

For now we have to settle for Mii Brawler wearing Isaac's wig.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

What character do we want in Smash? There’s only one correct answer.

Followed by

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yuck.

Kramdar
Jun 21, 2005

Radmark says....Worship Kramdar

Macaluso posted:

I wonder who would ask to have their character removed from Smash if they added MC?

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Kramdar posted:

I wonder who would ask to have their character removed from Smash if they added MC?

Probably Square-Enix because they want some sort of excuse.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Put Hob from the video game Hob which is coming to switch this week in smash

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hellblade: Senuas Sacrifice is not a particularly amazing game in so far as the mechanics but as a pyschological issue simulator its incredible. So like, spend 10, 20 bucks on it depending on how much that intrigues you.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

EvilTaytoMan posted:

The 8bitdo joypad is decent but it doesn't work particularly well with splatoon 2. I keep getting error messages about amiibos popping up at random even though I don't have any. Maybe it's just a problem with my particular joypad though. Also a way to check how much battery life is left would be useful since I had it die on me at random.

There are some weird game-specific issues with the 8bitdo pad. Golf Story was unplayable undocked with the controller, for example, because the input lagged by almost an entire second. It worked fine when docked.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm gonna call it Hellblade Samus Sacrifice

Also on Final Fantasy 7 I settled on my names

Cloud: Mario
Barrett: Cptn Toad
Tifa: Peach
Aeris: Daisy
Yuffie: Rosalina
Red XIII: Yoshi
Vincent: Waluigi
Cait Sith: Bowser Jr

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Cartoon Man posted:

What character do we want in Smash? There’s only one correct answer.

Followed by

Hornet owns add her to Smash you cowards

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

how dare you disrespect the most important mario character in the year of our luigi 6

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJDYwXNYt9U

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

gently caress yeah Star Soldier.
Also Not Mike Tyson's Punch Out and Super Mario Bros 2.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Would be nice to get an SP state of Lost Levels that starts off at world 9 since it’s pretty loving ridiculous to get there legitimately in the original version. Nice to see that we’re back at 3 a month.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SeANMcBAY posted:

Would be nice to get an SP state of Lost Levels that starts off at world 9 since it’s pretty loving ridiculous to get there legitimately in the original version. Nice to see that we’re back at 3 a month.

Lost Levels is an exercise in self-abuse. Every level is some new flavour of masterfully-crafted gently caress-you cruelty.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

SeANMcBAY posted:

And you'll like it!

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

You missed Cid.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Cid is Link because every game has a different one.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Persona 5 coming to switch unless this is a late April fools

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1113252979954425857?s=19

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Getting those three games owns but now that nearly every first party NES game worth having is on the service I can feel the looming threat of Urban Champion

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks Best Buy for telling the Japanese to screw off with announcements for announcements for announcements.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Tender Bender posted:

Persona 5 coming to switch unless this is a late April fools

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1113252979954425857?s=19

loving finally, that "rumor" has been dragging on forever

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

Fawf posted:

Getting those three games owns but now that nearly every first party NES game worth having is on the service I can feel the looming threat of Urban Champion

Can they get to pinball already? That was the first game I got on the NES, along with the SMB pack in.

Also Guardian Legend please.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Can't wait for the announcement that the snes games will only work on New Switch.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
All of the Brøderbund published stuff please

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Fawf posted:

You poo poo talkin’ Urban Champion, bro?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1113257694436089856

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yes please

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Unironic lol at ever playing Metroid prime without a wiimote again. Sure, every controller is going to be better than GC for playing it, but they're going to have to seriously rework the controls to get it passable.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

ItBreathes posted:

Unironic lol at ever playing Metroid prime without a wiimote again. Sure, every controller is going to be better than GC for playing it, but they're going to have to seriously rework the controls to get it passable.

The joycons work fantastically as pointers and they just need to make sure to have a quick re-center button. Don’t worry.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lol well now we know it's fake

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I would purchase both of those video games.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

American McGay posted:

lol well now we know it's fake

Wario is hinting at being able to access the best buy database themselves. Could be real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

bushisms.txt posted:

Wario is hinting at being able to access the best buy database themselves. Could be real.
I have no doubt that those entries are actually in the database, but MPT:S is never coming out so whoever input them into the system is trolling or just really uninformed.