Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
it's probably an unpopular opinion but I kind of agreed with fisk in the way of validating inf's claim via forcing Toal's hand on a self-pardon, but Toal claimed to not be able to self target so that's out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Dick Bastardly posted:

Toal.... what specifically about Fisk give you the impression that they're playing like Lust For Death Guy? Like... where do you even come up with that with suck conviction. It's almost cartoonish and thus feels like a parody of an actual belief.

I just don't get it, there's nothing to his case. Just saying 'kill toal' 'kill toal for this'. He just wants to see my action or appear like a lust for death man. Hit that question mark and read him lol.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

Toal.... what specifically about Fisk give you the impression that they're playing like Lust For Death Guy? Like... where do you even come up with that with suck conviction. It's almost cartoonish and thus feels like a parody of an actual belief.

:lol: wow

just wow.... even for me this is amazing... the word is "such" ladies and gentlemen ... heh

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Dick Bastardly posted:

:lol: wow

just wow.... even for me this is amazing... the word is "such" ladies and gentlemen ... heh

Lmao

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Toalpaz posted:

I just don't get it, there's nothing to his case. Just saying 'kill toal' 'kill toal for this'. He just wants to see my action or appear like a lust for death man. Hit that question mark and read him lol.

yeah but I can see (at least I think I get) where Fisk was coming from with that line of thought... like... it seemed like a pro-town move to me in the way of establishing some solid ground with Inf's amazing "well the game isn't exciting enough so how about THIS" move with the claim. Your death isn't even an outcome that is expected in that "test" unless you were lying (and by inferrence, in cahoots with Inf). But that experiment is predicated on an expectation that you could self-pardon.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Like he opened up his vote by saying 'lets kill toal so that toal has to use their ability' and that's the logic? It sure isn't town logic but maybe fisk is just seeing who goes along with it.

I'd also like to point out that I said GK wasn't joking, and it turns out GK comes to thread and says he wasn't joking. So that's that Joe Jon.

Jon Joe posted:

*reads George Kansas’ posts*

What are talking about? He’s barely posted anything at all. I have no idea how you can extrapolate “finding out who’s lunch today” from a vote that was a hmmm followed by voting for you in what was, it appeared to me, a jokephase vote, considering it came directly after your own vote, which was also a joke.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Dick Bastardly posted:

yeah but I can see (at least I think I get) where Fisk was coming from with that line of thought... like... it seemed like a pro-town move to me in the way of establishing some solid ground with Inf's amazing "well the game isn't exciting enough so how about THIS" move with the claim. Your death isn't even an outcome that is expected in that "test" unless you were lying (and by inferrence, in cahoots with Inf). But that experiment is predicated on an expectation that you could self-pardon.

Kasch is already backing up that claim? We have 2 posters separate of infinitum saying 'Yes this happened'. So there's nothing to really prove? What will you learn?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I like Toal for reasons other than 'test the claim', and people pushing that angle are suspicious as he's already said he cannot self pardon

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

An hour to deadline

##vote Toalpaz

His "what if I were scum" initial post never sat right with me

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Toalpaz posted:

Kasch is already backing up that claim? We have 2 posters separate of infinitum saying 'Yes this happened'. So there's nothing to really prove? What will you learn?

I think the possibility Fisk wanted to rule out was that of a scum gambit in which you, kasch and Inf are colluding on fake claim to try to gain control of the narrative... perhaps to frame up the night kills ina favorable way...? i dunno.
Also I could see where having the power to pardon is not good for town if you aren't town, and losing that ability to validate and essentially clear two players (or at least give the credit of honesty about the claims) to you and Inf was worth burning the pardon.

if anyone thinks any part of this is dumb and doesn't make sense, don't hesitate to state why tia

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Okay wow didn't realize it was that close.

##vote infinitum

Helps resolve the missing invention issue, pretty clear cut benefit.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

##pardon SolusLunes

<3 I love you bby

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Dick Bastardly posted:

I think the possibility Fisk wanted to rule out was that of a scum gambit in which you, kasch and Inf are colluding on fake claim to try to gain control of the narrative... perhaps to frame up the night kills ina favorable way...? i dunno.
Also I could see where having the power to pardon is not good for town if you aren't town, and losing that ability to validate and essentially clear two players (or at least give the credit of honesty about the claims) to you and Inf was worth burning the pardon.

if anyone thinks any part of this is dumb and doesn't make sense, don't hesitate to state why tia

the one major hole/flaw in this is fool's part in it... i don't understand why Inf would include fool as a recipient if it's a scum gambit just for fool to come out and say "uuhhhh I got an item...?"

so thats a pretty big flaw.... hmm...

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
##vote infi but please still consider db

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I mean can you pardon someone who doesn’t even have a vote on them?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Hal Incandenza posted:

I mean can you pardon someone who doesn’t even have a vote on them?

Yeah sure, Solus can't be lunch now.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

Okay wow didn't realize it was that close.

##vote infinitum

Helps resolve the missing invention issue, pretty clear cut benefit.

How does that resolve anything? You already admitted he hands stuff out

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Jon Joe posted:

didn't we already kind of.. you know... have an understanding about something?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

There's a missing invention that immediately made fool look scummy? Who knows. Just because Infi has an action doesn't mean he's not scum. Merk floated the idea that he was doing it to get cred.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Hal Incandenza posted:

hahahahaha

toal you beatuiful bastard

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Dick Bastardly posted:

didn't we already kind of.. you know... have an understanding about something?

You claim to have an understanding about something

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

if you have a better idea hal, now's the time.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I, on the other hand, understand nothing

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Toalpaz posted:

Toalpaz posted:

There's a missing invention that immediately made fool look scummy? Who knows. Just because Infi has an action doesn't mean he's not scum. Merk floated the idea that he was doing it to get cred.

imagine toal playing mafia by themselves in their own thread and arguing with themself haha

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Like we had a whole day of talking about the inventions and how weird it was that one of the three didn't have one.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jon Joe posted:

May I ask why me over Toalpaz?

Hal Incandenza posted:

It doesn't. (It's also because he's scum)

It's because the way you resolve the missing invention is to lynch fool, who is probably lying about not receiving it.

We've had 2 independent people verify items have been handed out, so why the gently caress would I lie about the 3rd? Just to get someone lynched? Like it's such a lovely dumb 'gambit' in the long run as I'd be immediately up on the chopping block afterwards. Why would I stick my neck out like that D1?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Infinitum posted:

May I ask why me over Toalpaz?

It doesn't. (It's also because he's scum)

It's because the way you resolve the missing invention is to lynch fool, who is probably lying about not receiving it.

We've had 2 independent people verify items have been handed out, so why the gently caress would I lie about the 3rd? Just to get someone lynched? Like it's such a lovely dumb 'gambit' in the long run as I'd be immediately up on the chopping block afterwards. Why would I stick my neck out like that D1?

Thanks for at least engaging with the crux of the issue. DB this is what I'm talking about. Its something and was worth exploring.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm not saying that Infinitum is scum for lying, I'm saying yes it could be a gambit. And it's something I've been saying all day. I'm not disputing that he had an ability.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

If we don't kill Infinitum today I'd be most comfortable killing Fool.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Infinitum (4): merk, merk, SolusLunes, Toalpaz, merk, merk, Toalpaz, Dick Bastardly, Toalpaz, Jon Joe
Toalpaz (4): George Kansas, Infinitum, Jonathan Fisk, George Kansas, Infinitum, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Jonathan Fisk, Jonathan Fisk, merk, George Kansas, Infinitum
merk (2): A Sometimes Food, Retro Futurist, Jonathan Fisk, Jonathan Fisk
Lynch No One! (1): fool_of_sound
Jonathan Fisk (1): kaschei, Toalpaz, Toalpaz
Jon Joe (1): merk, Hal Incandenza, merk, Infinitum, Infinitum
Retro Futurist (1): Anomalous Amalgam
fool_of_sound (0): Jonathan Fisk, Jon Joe, Jonathan Fisk, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam, Infinitum, Jon Joe
Amoeba102 (0): merk, George Kansas, merk, George Kansas
Dick Bastardly (0): merk, SolusLunes, merk, Toalpaz, SolusLunes, Toalpaz, Jon Joe, Jon Joe
SolusLunes (0): Infinitum, Infinitum, Jon Joe, Jon Joe
George Kansas (0): Infinitum, Toalpaz, Infinitum, Toalpaz

Not Voting (1): Amoeba102

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 02nd, 2019 at 10:10 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 58 minutes.

SOLUSLUNES has been excused from today's lynch. Any votes cast for SOLUSLUNES will not count today.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Jon Joe posted:

I, on the other hand, understand nothing

oh my goodness....

alright.. well lets just say I'm mighty glad you used your toy water gun that did nothing.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

Wait I thought Fisk was your badguy

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Toalpaz posted:

I'm happy I'm a poster of such intrigue. People should be more specific when they say things like 'kill toal to clear the air'', what will you learn exactly?

In regards to Merk, I conclude that Fisk is the death jester, and I don't want to give Fisk the win by killing him lol.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I love it when 'town' stop by end of day 'not having read anything' to say things that are 'mistaken'.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

Of the two of you I'm voting you for your "what if scum" post, and I'd vote fool for lying about receiving the item.

My preference is in fool, but you were closer to getting voted and Never Not Lynch

I don't believe there was any redirect nonsense happening N0

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

votefinder posted:

SOLUSLUNES has been excused from today's lynch. Any votes cast for SOLUSLUNES will not count today.

:agesilaus:

Another day, another lurker saved.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Cool cool. I'm good with Toal.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I noticed that DB is arguing against me even with a vote on you, so I doubt that the lunch on you has legs.

Even if Fool is new they've also been somewhat lurky and are ending the day on vote no one so.

##vote Fool

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Toalpaz posted:

Even if Fool is new they've also been somewhat lurky and are ending the day on vote no one so.

Fool didn't even vote anyone all day. You're right; that is ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lunch break ends in a bit, so I'll only be able to check in a few minutes before hand if needed for numbers

Everyone stop playing with your dicks, put your money where your mouth is and vote someone instead of hemming and hawing on the sidelines.

Less than an hour to go