Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Toalpaz posted:

I already claimed to have used an anon vote on u

oh I thought it was sal, didn't he say that power he got was an anon vote? I connected the dots wrong, nvm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

Just because your action exists doesn't mean you're not scum. lol.

Also Bif I don't know why you'd push Hum for tracking me and IP?

cause I think Hum was scummy and I haven't done any night action bingo

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I'm town and I'm gonna end up getting killed so I'm only voting this thread a 4 there's my meltdown

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

Bif if you know someone tried to kill you last night, and Hum definitely tracked IS to the roleblock, which IS later confirmed, it means at the very least Hum didn't try to kill you.

The only people who had opportunities to kill you are Sal and Nep Nep who had no new private information/confirmed blockage. Sal who claims to have watched himself and Nep Nep with no claimed action.

but yeah going for Nep first is fine, I just think Sal is a stretch for the next one

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Like just because the person who happened to be specifically doing the NK has to be Nep or Sal doesn't mean they have to both be scum

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
What's interesting to me is that scum haven't hammered me yet so either they're not paying attention or there are only 2 scum left.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
This is new for me though, I think this is my first time being voted out incorrectly

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
omae shindeiru

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I don't have a dayvig so I'm making finger gun motions at Sal but that isn't a valid action in any form sorry

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Nep-Nep posted:

I don't have a dayvig so I'm making finger gun motions at Sal but that isn't a valid action in any form sorry

So if you had a vig you would shoot me? You realize I can hammer you but have deliberately chosen not to right? This isn't a threat but if I was scum wouldn't I hammer you on principal?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

SalTheBard posted:

So if you had a vig you would shoot me? You realize I can hammer you but have deliberately chosen not to right? This isn't a threat but if I was scum wouldn't I hammer you on principal?

I was being goofy since I figured hammer would drop but yes. If you're scum I take you out. If you're town I spare town ml'ing you next based on this night action alibi nonsense. I believe only 2 scum remain

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Nep-Nep posted:

I've already given one ability to Toal. I have 4 more shots to hand out if I understand my abilities correctly. Effectively this means I can at least prove that part of my claim to everyone but one person. However, this is also not the optimal way to handle things since that almost certainly means I'd be giving scum at least one present.

Did you send out all four remaining shots?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

IllegallySober posted:

I kept just one. I couldn't decide the best use for it.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Now that I think about it, Toal, why have you repeatedly put out the idea that there are 3 scum left but tried to push a turbo on me today? If you're town and there are 3 scum left rushing things is the last thing you should want. You didn't just create a sense of urgency by suggesting my powers are malicious (which why would I reveal them first if they are? I've already demonstrated, and you've confirmed, that I can hand out powers regardless of the recipient's will), you also threw an anonymous vote on me for good measure (and you did yourself confirm it was you).

If I'm going down I'll go down fighting after all.
##vote Toalpaz

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
If nothing else, even if you don't agree with my vote or reads at all, don't be fooled by the alibi argument! I used a "neither day nor night" action! If someone who is scum has one they could have used it in addition to a night kill (you'll have to take my word on this one, which if you must flip me I hope you will once you see) and just claimed honestly to look like they were busy! Or someone could have simply fakeclaimed and spun a yarn that doesn't contradict the true statements!

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I do not want to rush a vote this game day.

I’d like to try to put together thoughts a little later- dentist bothered me more than expected- but there’s no reason to slam something through right away and the suggestion otherwise raises an eyebrow for me.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I pushed the button but the mod ignored it.

Also jimmy got 2 shots of night vigs but if I hit town I die so I haven't used them, natch.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I can only use one night action at a time.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

So IS roleblocked Toalpaz last night, and there was no NK?

And no one is claiming any sort of protection ability?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

And Toal is trying to rush a vote on Nep?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Nep-Nep posted:

I kept just one. I couldn't decide the best use for it.

What is it?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Mr. Humalong posted:

So IS roleblocked Toalpaz last night, and there was no NK?

And no one is claiming any sort of protection ability?

Bif claimed a protection ability.

Bif claimed to be hit by something at night.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

##push button

btw my "Vigorish" deathproof got used up last night which might be relevant info!!

oh I missed this. hmm

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

yeah "Vigorish" was a deathproof, it's actually lucky it worked since it was supposed to only have a 50% chance of working

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Mr. Humalong posted:

##press button

oh lol

##push button

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

BETRAYED BY A SYNONYM

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Nep Nep has been at -1 for 3 hours. If you think you have a town read on me or AA just end it lmao.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toalpaz posted:

Nep Nep has been at -1 for 3 hours. If you think you have a town read on me or AA just end it lmao.

I want my button push :colbert:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

The day's only even been open how long, though

I'm all for not waiting till the actual last minute, but I'm not gonna hammer anyone yet when everything was apparently decided before I even woke up.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Nep Nep, even if scum have the ability to do a kill and an action why would you end up voting me?

I was role blocked so even if I had an killing action it would fail, and the deathproof on Bif popped last night. Seems like I couldn't do it.

I also was floating the idea of 3 scum yesterday, but that was before we flipped a 3rd party killer. I haven't mentioned how many scum I think are left yet today I think, and right now I think that there's only 1-2 scum left.

Do you think both AA and I am scum? It's impossible. If there is scum they have extreme patience. Because I was roleblocked, that would have meant AA would be the scum killer. But why would you send a loud killer to kill Bif? Seems unreasonably risky.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Toalpaz posted:

Nep Nep, even if scum have the ability to do a kill and an action why would you end up voting me?

I was role blocked so even if I had an killing action it would fail, and the deathproof on Bif popped last night. Seems like I couldn't do it.

I also was floating the idea of 3 scum yesterday, but that was before we flipped a 3rd party killer. I haven't mentioned how many scum I think are left yet today I think, and right now I think that there's only 1-2 scum left.

Do you think both AA and I am scum? It's impossible. If there is scum they have extreme patience. Because I was roleblocked, that would have meant AA would be the scum killer. But why would you send a loud killer to kill Bif? Seems unreasonably risky.

I don't believe there is just one scum left so you being roleblocked only proves you didn't commit the kill. I'm not voting for "who used the kill" I'm voting for who I think is scum at this point because your posting so far today has given me the impression that you are a fine vote.

I'm not really following your thread of logic that AA is the only possible partner for you. For example, Bif could be scum and lying, which would resolve the idea that "the nightkill was not roleblocked."

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Matchmaker

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Nep-Nep posted:

I don't believe there is just one scum left so you being roleblocked only proves you didn't commit the kill. I'm not voting for "who used the kill" I'm voting for who I think is scum at this point because your posting so far today has given me the impression that you are a fine vote.

I'm not really following your thread of logic that AA is the only possible partner for you. For example, Bif could be scum and lying, which would resolve the idea that "the nightkill was not roleblocked."

if bif was scum she would have hammered you. If AA is not scum any single other player could scum hammer you and get away with it. So how do you explain that?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Toalpaz posted:

if bif was scum she would have hammered you. If AA is not scum any single other player could scum hammer you and get away with it. So how do you explain that?

This is easy to explain if we go with my "there are 2 scum at most right now" theory. It's performative- they have to waffle around and appear they want to take their time in order to avoid being in the hot seat tomorrow. It's also possible town will do the job for them, letting them slip away from the situation entirely.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Hey IS, why did you choose to roleblock Toal?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

IllegallySober posted:

My question hasn't been answered yet so I'll go a little further with this. What's the deal with this question?

After I answered IS expressed a lack of desire to hammer me. Of course, it's true that everyone not voting right now has done the same thing by simply not voting for me.

It may be the case that the scum team decided I don't necessarily have to be the one to die for three reasons:

1. The scum team will not win immediately at this moment.
2. Now that I'm effectively depowered, I no longer represent a threat. They could eventually shift momentum to someone else with a power with the hopes that in addition they will take out one of the people I gave goodies to.
3. If I die, my flip will confirm that I'm not lying.

I should note that I'm not outright accusing IS. It's more like I'm asking a question and then sprung another thought out of that.
What is obvious is "Toal, AA, Humalong , Bif and IS" can't ALL be lying about what they their n2 situations.

Right now I still suspect Toal the most, mostly based on the attempt to turbo me. I think I suspect Sal the least at this point. Even though scum cooled off on the desire to kill me quickly, when what I perceive to be the attempt was real he didn't jump on it when he could have hammered and had the defense of "I was acting fast to prevent him using his actions! Toal got me whipped up into a frenzy!" so I think the more likely explanation is someone in the alibi chain is lying.

If you're town I implore you to take your time, look at the logic of the various night claims, work out what implications exist if one or two people involved is lying for different scenarios, compare to their posting in general and see where that gets you. Of course, I'll do the same just not right now since it's nearing bedtime for me.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Nep-Nep posted:

I actually am a little surprised that Toal completely accepted my claim as true, when just a bit earlier in the day Toal was all shading me for dropping my case on them after onset's flip. I didn't really follow why that made sense.

It's starting to get me paranoid again.

In fact, let's see what happens if I do this!

##vote Toal

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Nep-Nep posted:

I think I suspect Sal the least at this point.

I find this interesting considering you didn't give me anything and you said you really wanted to make sure your ability didn't fall into scum hands.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Toal was roleblocked and a kill went off on Bif, right?

Everyone else is allegedly accounted for but Nep and Sal, right?

If Sal was scum, that would mean he would have vigged Onset knowing that Onset was scum. That would be some next level scum tactics, especially since we assume there are only 2 to 3 scum remaining, with odds favoring 2.

So with night action bingo, confirming toal, myself and IS. Whom does that leave to proc a kill on Bif?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Toal was roleblocked and a kill went off on Bif, right?

Everyone else is allegedly accounted for but Nep and Sal, right?

If Sal was scum, that would mean he would have vigged Onset knowing that Onset was scum. That would be some next level scum tactics, especially since we assume there are only 2 to 3 scum remaining, with odds favoring 2.

So with night action bingo, confirming toal, myself and IS. Whom does that leave to proc a kill on Bif?

As - My ability last night was a self watch. Nobody visited me