Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
I just got this game on a sale yesterday, and this has undoubtedly been asked before, but if I got the Blood DLC for the first game, will it transfer to this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

kanonvandekempen posted:

I just got this game on a sale yesterday, and this has undoubtedly been asked before, but if I got the Blood DLC for the first game, will it transfer to this one?

Yeah, it's the same thing. All other DLC is transferable to the Mortal Empires campaign, too.

Besides the Wood Elf/Beastmen mini campaigns, of course.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

kanonvandekempen posted:

Yes. The Blood DLC basically only exists because of Steam rules; they'd need to give it a much higher rating if they included the blood in the base game. So yes it transfers (and so for that matter does most of the rest of the DLC)

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

THE BAR posted:

Yeah, it's the same thing. All other DLC is transferable to the Mortal Empires campaign, too.

Besides the Wood Elf/Beastmen mini campaigns, of course.

Also if you just want to play the Old World and not have to deal with Mortal Empires AI turn lengths.

It just occurred to me that Beastmen don't show up with the other Chaos armies when you do a ritual. That's kinda weird.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
The masochist in me wants to take another crack at ME Teclis in Luckys Overhaul, which is an incredibly difficult start because of all the corruption but with vampirates that region is pretty interesting with a diverse assortment of enemies.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Been taking a break. Have they patched out Stalk/Vanguard Stegadon Skink Chiefs, or can they still go full Tactical Genius?

The Crotch posted:

I'm curious how an Albion-based lizardmen faction would play, especially in Vortex. Would you open up the north as a habitable climate, or what?

If CA wanted to do a real deep dive into side material, Albion Lizards could have a goal of securing an abandoned-but-functioning Slaan spawning pool in the middle of Bretonnia (its something hinted in one of the RPG books)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Would they re-do part of the map if they added Albion Lizards? Right now its a lovely one-city region controlled by Norscans and literally nothing ever happens there.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Would they re-do part of the map if they added Albion Lizards? Right now its a lovely one-city region controlled by Norscans and literally nothing ever happens there.

It would turn into a 10 slot city and I assume the Lizardman faction who would stat there would be immune to chaos corruption so you can just go hog wild and eat Norsca.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/1113441038411157506

Hell yeah

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

SirPhoebos posted:

If CA wanted to do a real deep dive into side material, Albion Lizards could have a goal of securing an abandoned-but-functioning Slaan spawning pool in the middle of Bretonnia (its something hinted in one of the RPG books)

IIRC Bretonnia and Lizardmen were both released around the same time in TT so a lot of their advertisements showed one of those two fighting the other one. They're also revamping the Bretonnia campaign mechanics this patch, so uh

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The first starter set I got in 3rd grade or so was brets vs lizards, iirc. It was the old lizards where skinks used bows and looked cartoonier.

E: also that teaser is definitely a warpstone mushroom cloud :getin:

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Apr 3, 2019

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

Edit- mediocre idea

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

Does Luckys still crash all the time? It was unplayable for me for a while due to constant crashes on startup or end turn but I really liked the changes it made.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Bedlam posted:

Does Luckys still crash all the time? It was unplayable for me for a while due to constant crashes on startup or end turn but I really liked the changes it made.

Works fine for me. Only crashing issues is some submods that don't seem to work because something happened with the core mod. But by itself it should be fine.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Likely cool new mod - I know because one of the new units appears to be a fire skeleton: Cataph and Vandy's: Return of the Lichemaster

quote:

MAIN FEATURES:
- New roster based on 6E Army of the Lichemaster expansion.
- 3 new LLs, 4 new hero subtypes, 14 new units, 8 new Regiments of Renown.
- Multiple new mechanics added for Kemmler’s faction:
--- Special, limited hordes.
--- Necromantic Power, a resource to track Kemmler’s current arcane prowess.
--- A new occupation decision for ruins: Defile Barrows; new army stance.
--- A revival mechanism for Kemmler to come back from the brink of failure.
- Vanilla gameplay elements removed: tech tree, vampires, bloodlines, standard occupation, some units, RoRs.

MINOR FEATURES:
- Background buffs for Kemmy: more uptime for his Cloak, +Arcane Conduit for custom battle.
- Krell is automatically summoned at his best in campaign. In custom battle he’s completely de-pokemonized.

GAMEPLAY:
- Necromantic Power is a medium that can mean your defeat if low for too long. Modified via buildings, skills, battle outcomes. Tip: don’t overextend.
- Barrows: interact with ruins for bonuses, RoRs or heroes. The longer they’re there, the better they are.
- Your only lords are Legendary, which means max four hordes. Heroes and RoRs are spawned via mechanics, not recruited.
- These hordes’ main chain has no tier. You can free-build but costs are tier-based and higher.
- Absence of tech tree means strong focused skill trees and buildings. They may tax you, so remember you can demolish buildings later.
- Additional units (like Krell and building summons) can effectively bring you beyond 20 units at battle start.
- At high NP, partial occupation becomes available, some of the Vampire Counts roster and buildings are an option too (they don’t get any buffs whatsoever, so you’re still better off with the new units).

COMPATIBILITY and CREDITS:
- Should be compatible with most vanilla-friendly mods.
- Due exceptions are mods that touch Kemmler/Krell too intimately, and there may be unfitting textures with Dryrain reskins. Also, mod resets the military grouping and custom battle faction, many other unit additions won’t apply to kemmy anymore. Untested with Unlocker++ yet.
- Stats made for vanilla but they’re also automatically adapted for CTT and WILL BE capped for TTC (needs update) when either is present.
- Anybody can do overhaul submods, please don’t ask us.
- THANKS to the usual crowd in the Modding Discord for helping with the new features. In particular the usual RPFM, our Beta testers, Lost for wsmodel psychological support, and Marthenil for making skeletons horny and the usual hex tricks. Thanks to CA for active mod support.

Anno fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Apr 4, 2019

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Anno posted:

Likely cool new mod - I know because one of the new units appears to be a fire skeleton: Cataph and Vandy's: Return of the Lichemaster

Trip report

You are thrown into a battle right away. It is ok if you lose it. If you summon too many units you won't see some neat things show up.

Not having blackstone post is weird but ok. Defiling ruins is a cool thing.

I am really ok with the new units and the horde mode as well as the new stances.

A few UI bugs that they know about and can't fix. Also I had a situation where the defending army lord came out of a keep and is sitting there, but I am sure there is a mod to fix that.

This is their underway stance and it is fun.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I had some confusion and had to go read their blog about this mod.

quote:

Occupation: let me tell you, this matter went through so many shapes and was almost dropped entirely so many times I stopped counting at 13. Originally, maximum NP would let you occupy anything at will. To avoid some issues and the usual paint-the-map gameplay, we reduced it to a limited number of specific settlements, from Couronne to Ghrond to Pyramid of Nagash, places that Kemmler would occupy because they are locations of power and secrets, or just out of spite. You don't have to, but if you need a place to rest, it's there.

As you gain NP, you can settle more cities. The rest you leave as ruins and want them to stay as ruins for as long as possible before you go defile them (treasure hunt). The longer they have been unoccupied, the better the rewards.

Your barrow units also replenish when you defile a ruin, but your normal vampire count units do not.

Also, each horde has a nice defensive tree that gives you more units on a defensive fight. The higher tier the building, the better the units. This is something I wish beastmen had to help out with their rough starts.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
it sounds interesting but the units look kinda cheesy to me from the steam page, do they look better in game

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Units? You mean the little icons all the way down there on the battle map?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

No more cheesy than base warhammer. I mean I don't really understand what cheesy looks like.

The biggest change is the simulcarum which is just an ubshabti that looks like a bretonnian knight in a cracked stone skin.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They're ratmen of course they're cheesy.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Jamwad Hilder posted:

it sounds interesting but the units look kinda cheesy to me from the steam page, do they look better in game

The constructs look a little weird because of the way animation sets work and one of the legendary lords looks pretty kitbashy. Other than that it's pretty much on par with vanilla.

Flakey
Apr 30, 2009

There's no need to speak. You must only concentrate and recall all your past life. When a man thinks of the past, he becomes kinder.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yi2eHPKjW9k

How the gently caress do you embed these things, any way, The Prophet & The Warlock Trailer woop woop

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

https://store.steampowered.com/app/965220/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II__The_Prophet__The_Warlock/

8 bucks hell yea

Flakey posted:

How the gently caress do you embed these things, any way, The Prophet & The Warlock Trailer woop woop

oh my god

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

https://store.steampowered.com/app/965220/Total_War_WARHAMMER_II__The_Prophet__The_Warlock/?curator_clanid=28300675

Edit: Sniped!!

Anno
May 10, 2017

More info on the FAQ: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/total-war-warhammer-ii-the-prophet-the-warlock-faq/

Highlights:
- Skaven Under-Empire
- Lord Kroak
- Bunch of Bretonnia stuff
- More to come, including the FLC lord

Lord pack looks to be 2 LLs, 9 new units, 21 RoRs, 2 generic lords and campaign features to go along with them. Looks like the most content rich Lord Pack yet.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
CA WENT FOR THE EASY WIN IN THE TRAILER AND I'M ALL ABOUT IT

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

A recreation of the movie Predator using Warhammer Fantasy characters wasn't what I expected to see today but I'm glad I watched it!

Hawgh
Feb 27, 2013

Size does matter, after all.
Good morning, Rat-nam!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

quote:

Following the release of the Vampire Coast faction, we saw a lot of fans calling out for something similar for the Skaven – and we listened! The pirate coves mechanic in Curse of the Vampire Coast laid the foundations for this feature, but it’s much more in-depth and allows all Skaven factions to build a secret base of operations known as an Under-City deep beneath any settlement through conquest or the use of agent actions.

Once established, a whole host of building options will be available including wealth, resources, and corruption buildings. Under-Cities also support the ability to either summon a verminous army to rise up and attack the settlement above or (if you’re playing as Clan Skyre) to detonate a Doomsphere device which, if not detected, can blow the settlement above to ruins.

Remaining hidden is key to developing the Under-Empire to its fullest, but with each addition to the tunnels and warrens the risk of being spotted grows ever greater.

If spotted, Under-Cities can of course be destroyed (a little bit of rat poison goes a long way) by those that rule the settlements above ground. Discovering whether a verminous nest lies beneath a settlement can be achieved through the construction of specific buildings, deploying heroes in close proximity to search for the Ratmen, or for the Skaven to blow their cover by building too much.

This makes the Under-Empire a truly cat-and-mouse feature, where settlement owners above ground can be blissfully unaware of the activity below until it’s all too late…

QuintessenceX
Aug 11, 2006
We are reasons so unreal

Flakey posted:

Oh gently caress yeah! They actually recreated Predator with Skaven and Lizardmen

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

quote:

Clan Skryre Forbidden Workshop

With access to the infamous Forbidden Workshop, Clan Skryre players can spend resources to upgrade various units such as Doomwheels, Doom-flayers and Weapons Teams with powerful new stat-boosts and attributes. As the player upgrades in each category, they will unlock further ancillaries and, eventually, new regiments of renown unique to the Forbidden workshop.

Workshop progress requires food and Warp Fuel, a new resource gathered after battles. New research tiers in the Workshop may be unlocked by completing unique missions. But the deadliest invention by far that the Workshop offers is the Warpstorm Doomrocket.

yessss more shooty yeesssssss

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

the predator did not have giant lizards

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Nice, exactly what i wanted for Skaven

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
So they're implementing Kroak as a special Lizardmen Hero and not a Lord. Interesting. The other Lizardmen additions look rad as heck.

The Skaven only getting 3 new units and none of them are Giant Rats or swole endtimes Rogres :( Just the two heavy weapons teams and Doomwheel but with more models? Weak.

Also the FLC lord has to be Thanquol right?

Zore fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Apr 4, 2019

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The FLC lord is probably, just hear me out here, not a rat.

They already got one.

Anno
May 10, 2017

Zore posted:

So they're implementing Kroak as a special Lizardmen Hero and not a Lord. Interesting.

Also the FLC lord has to be Thanquol right?

Everyone assumes it’ll be a lizard since they Skaven already got their FLC lord.

I want way more “legendary heroes” so I hope they continue on with those more in the future.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Third World Reagan posted:

The FLC lord is probably, just hear me out here, not a rat.

They already got one.

Didn't stop the Vampires from getting 3 and the Empire/Wood Elves/Norsca/High Elves/Tomb Kings getting 0.

Thanquol is also a lord they've already confirmed is in the works in some way and there really aren't any good Lizardmen lords now that we have the one cool Skink.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
Is this the last DLC? Empire feels even more in need of love now.

Still sounds awesome though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
Thinking more, if it isn't Thanquol it wouldn't surprise me if it was a Brettonian LL that they're waiting to unveil with the Bret stuff closer to release.

They showed off the Dark Elf FLC lord when they revealed the Queen and the Crone units didn't they?