Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Apocalypse?
This poll is closed.
conquest 212 19.26%
war 244 22.16%
famine 353 32.06%
death 292 26.52%
Total: 733 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mayor Dave posted:

Or focusing on collusion in 2016 instead of the way Russians laundered money through Trump properties, or his tax fraud of overstating assets and losses, or the self dealing from his foundation, or any if the other dozens of petty corruptions that this administration commits daily

all of those stories are reported

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

i never paid too much attention to the mueller stuff so I always thought it was more about white collar business crimes than literally thinking trump was a kgb agent :shrug:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the one guy won a Pulitzer for his stories on how trumps charities are all scams

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hail Satan!

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

:smugdon:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
abortion reversal of fortune

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

euphronius posted:

all of those stories are reported

At a fraction of the rate the Mueller collusion story is though, that what his point is

Like, basically every night for the last two years maddow has dedicated her a block to tracking down every possible Russia connection in 2016, and if she talks about other scandals at all it's loaded to the back half of the show when segments are 2 minutes or shorter

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

Mayor Dave posted:

Or focusing on collusion in 2016 instead of the way Russians laundered money through Trump properties, or his tax fraud of overstating assets and losses, or the self dealing from his foundation, or any if the other dozens of petty corruptions that this administration commits daily

but there was that big NYT expose about Trump's wealth being built on massive tax fraud and avoidance and no one cared more than for 5 minutes

and there's everything david fahrenthold et al have done about Trump's charity etc., and no one cares

I think there have been people reporting on all this but it might seem like no one is because none of it lands or has any staying power

I just find Taibbi etc.'s faith that "if only the media had reported the REAL corruption stories" (assuming they didn't) somehow things would be different or better to be very odd, like have they been paying any attention since the escalator?

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Postoyevsky posted:

i never paid too much attention to the mueller stuff so I always thought it was more about white collar business crimes than literally thinking trump was a kgb agent :shrug:

trump could have never been a kgb agent because they would have disappeared him for being a massive idiot fuckup like decades ago

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mayor Dave posted:

At a fraction of the rate the Mueller collusion story is though, that what his point is

Like, basically every night for the last two years maddow has dedicated her a block to tracking down every possible Russia connection in 2016, and if she talks about other scandals at all it's loaded to the back half of the show when segments are 2 minutes or shorter

o Maddow I don’t watch her so whatever

well fine but it is an important story and we still haven’t seen the report so why the denunciations of her I don’t get it

it’s an important story which has lead to multiple high level convictions and jail sentences for administration leaders

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
whatch out dudes dan bongino is about to break some news

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

J. P. Beagley posted:

but there was that big NYT expose about Trump's wealth being built on massive tax fraud and avoidance and no one cared more than for 5 minutes

and there's everything david fahrenthold et al have done about Trump's charity etc., and no one cares

I think there have been people reporting on all this but it might seem like no one is because none of it lands or has any staying power

I just find Taibbi etc.'s faith that "if only the media had reported the REAL corruption stories" (assuming they didn't) somehow things would be different or better

Yeah I mean it all comes out in the news but it's such a deluge that stories get lost without dedicated follow up

Cue the ongoing Mueller investigation, which could be followed every night like the plot of a soap opera

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

would anyone criticize Fox News for covering an investigation into obama that lead to prison terms for like 6 members of his staff and a report which will probably say he committed multiple felonies ?

J. P. Beagley
Apr 11, 2008

also Trump is an absolute master of the Gish Gallop, Crimes Edition which makes focusing on anything basically impossible

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Waffle House posted:

That is some hot and deep-stacked garbage there. Abusive children’s homes pipelined from concentration camps, AND she uses her Amway fortunes to slip incumbent GOP senators just enough money to keep them picking up the phone when she calls.

her and the rest of her family should be pushed into a lye pit

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

euphronius posted:

o Maddow I don’t watch her so whatever

well fine but it is an important story and we still haven’t seen the report so why the denunciations of her I don’t get it

it’s an important story which has lead to multiple high level convictions and jail sentences for administration leaders

Maddows just an example, the same dynamic plays out across the media landscape, where focus on Russia superceded all other scandals

No one's saying that they shouldn't report on it, only the amount of coverage it received dwarfed the coverage of every other scandal

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

euphronius posted:

would anyone criticize Fox News for covering an investigation into obama that lead to prison terms for like 6 members of his staff and a report which will probably say he committed multiple felonies ?

well yeah, it's not about hillary

LCOK HER UP

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Reality Winter posted:

abortion reversal of fortune

Is it worth it? Let me work it
I put my progesterone in and reverse it

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
normally parker is good but this thread is cringey

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1113511242369576962

maddow is terrible and she deserves every bit of dragging over her russiagate bullshit

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

UFOTacoMan posted:

whatch out dudes dan bongino is about to break some news

oh poo poo they found ben ghazis 30000 emails

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009

Nae! posted:

yeah that seems low as poo poo for north nj, i'd have thought 2500-4000

Ah yeah 1k was for a half day, aka 12:30.

But full day is 1400. I mean daycare is bad but not 4k bad. Tho im sure plenty of rich fucks pay that much

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

euphronius posted:

Better comparison is to Benghazi investigation coverage four years after the attack

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mayor Dave posted:

Maddows just an example, the same dynamic plays out across the media landscape, where focus on Russia superceded all other scandals

No one's saying that they shouldn't report on it, only the amount of coverage it received dwarfed the coverage of every other scandal

maybe

the story was huge before meuller was even appointed tho. trump literally fired the fbi guy to evade criminal investigations into him for his coordination with Russia to hikack the election.

it’s a big story lmao

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
lol remember when maddow declared shocking breaking news that would lead to tump being impeached and it was like a page of his income taxes from the 90s

anyway yeah I guess russia really made maddows reporting trite and dumb

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

jfc i hate this stupid evil country

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Mayor Dave posted:

Better comparison is to Benghazi investigation coverage four years after the attack

? Benghazi was a fake rear end investigation over nothing run by idiot hack republicans in Congress

this was a real one that uncovered real felonies and will put a bunch of poo poo right on trump

they could not be more dissimilar

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

mormonpartyboat posted:

lol remember when maddow declared shocking breaking news that would lead to tump being impeached and it was like a page of his income taxes from the 90s

she's a russian agent

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Mayor Dave posted:

Benghazi is nothing like Mueller.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1113515882960052224

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

mormonpartyboat posted:

:rowdytrout:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

euphronius posted:

? Benghazi was a fake rear end investigation over nothing run by idiot hack republicans in Congress

this was a real one that uncovered real felonies and will put a bunch of poo poo right on trump

they could not be more dissimilar

if the investigation led youhere, what good was the investigation/

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

are we going to talk about him groping kids as well ore is everyone ignoring that

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Well that takes care of that!

*dusts hands together*

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Lum_ posted:

I thought his take (which I agree with) is that there's plenty of stupid grift TROMP et. al. engage in, but the media is lazy and just wants to talk about Russia plots instead of actual journalism

Yeah, Taibbi's position is that the media and Democrats hosed up by focusing on the accusation of Trump being a Russian agent to the exclusion of all of his many other crimes. They focused on the Russian spy thing because pretty much every rich person does every thing Trump does, to some degree. If they actually tried to go after Trump for laundering Russian money through his real estate, whoops that's the entire NYC real estate industry caught up too, for example

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/nandorvila/status/1113511395612483584

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

he’s running

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

drop dead u absolute ghoul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU