Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
The idea of calling Dave "Mr. Meltzer" is really funny to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

VJeff posted:

If I'm to understand correctly it's not even the Hart/Magee match that people actually want to see, right?

In the end I think it was determined to be "the match."

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Whats the story with Dave almost dying in 1994? Bryan talks about it during the Nailz/Gigante segment.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Low Desert Punk posted:

Whats the story with Dave almost dying in 1994? Bryan talks about it during the Nailz/Gigante segment.

His appendix exploded before he was going on a trip to Japan but he kind of ignored the pain for a few days. He went to the hospital instead of getting on the plane and is lucky he did since he would have died if he waited any longer.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

how do you ignore that pain for more than three minutes? Dave is a tough motherfucker

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
I had appendicitis a few years ago and it comes on so gradually that I didn’t realize how much pain I was in until the opiates kicked in. The human body is a strange thing, Dave Meltzer’s perhaps doubly so.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
That's basically how Dave described it. He tells the whole story on a couple of WORs but unfortunately I couldn't tell you which. Might be on youtube.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I've definitely heard it before but yeah, couldn't tell you when.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If you're days away from a trip you've been looking forward to, any indication by your body that something is wrong will be met with "No, gently caress YOU, I'M FINE." regardless of how true that actually is.

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

That's basically how Dave described it. He tells the whole story on a couple of WORs but unfortunately I couldn't tell you which. Might be on youtube.

I think it was around the time his dad died. Didn't Dave credit his dad with saving his life by making him go to the hospital?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

didn't Dave have peritonitis and not appendicitis?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

sportsgenius86 posted:

didn't Dave have peritonitis and not appendicitis?
His appendix burst and went undiagnosed until he had peritonitis.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

His appendix burst and went undiagnosed until he had peritonitis.

ahh that makes sense

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

TL posted:

I had appendicitis a few years ago and it comes on so gradually that I didn’t realize how much pain I was in until the opiates kicked in. The human body is a strange thing, Dave Meltzer’s perhaps doubly so.

Can confirm. It's basically a gradually increasing stomach ache until you just want to curl into a ball and die. But that can take hours or days to get that bad.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Dave Meltzer would have been the greatest wrestler ever.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

i bet shave seltzer walked into the hospital and said he rated his pain minus five stars and then refused to give them his information because plans might change.

What a useless seltzer he is

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Gaz-L posted:

Can confirm. It's basically a gradually increasing stomach ache until you just want to curl into a ball and die. But that can take hours or days to get that bad.

yeah, also a member of the "almost died out of not realizing a part of my body had exploded" club, bodies are silly and stupid things

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave discussing AAA at MSG:

Dave: They don't even have a Konnan on the show, even though Konnan's on the show.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Love Dave’s story about running into Tanahashi on the street.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Was it just me or did Meltzer come off badly when talking about backstage announcers?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

mariooncrack posted:

Was it just me or did Meltzer come off badly when talking about backstage announcers?

It was the usual Dave speak where he wants to make a point but the way in which he words it makes it sound like he's got an agenda. I'm sure someone could write a hit piece about how Dave is a sexist and calling for women to be fired from backstage interviewing roles, but anyone who isn't looking to string Dave up can figure out that Dave isn't sexist and just wants to see them hire better people in the role even if those people aren't young, attractive, women.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Apr 5, 2019

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

mariooncrack posted:

It was nothing

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Jericho comes off as a super bitter boots old man on the Wrestlemania Preview episode. Keeps calling the women "divas", is mad that they're getting the same matches as men ("does there HAVE to be two of everything?" yes, dammit), and makes a huge deal about being "banned from WWE"

It's unfortunate.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

the escape goat posted:

Jericho comes off as a super bitter boots old man on the Wrestlemania Preview episode. Keeps calling the women "divas", is mad that they're getting the same matches as men ("does there HAVE to be two of everything?" yes, dammit), and makes a huge deal about being "banned from WWE"

It's unfortunate.

When you get concussed so hard you think it's 1999 and you're still feuding with Chyna, apparently.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
This is from a few weeks back but every time I think of Bryan yelling "PEAS?!" I can't help but laugh.

CascadeBeta fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Apr 6, 2019

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

bryan alvarez is the voice of my internal monologue when I'm uncomfortably stoned

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

exploded mummy posted:

I'm going to have to ask for a little lenience on this, someone started racking up unauthorized charges on my CC# today so I need to get a new card before I can buy a name change. I should probably have it by Tuesday next week.

Yeah not going to be getting my new card until next week :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

exploded mummy posted:

I'm going to have to ask for a little lenience on this, someone started racking up unauthorized charges on my CC# today so I need to get a new card before I can buy a name change. I should probably have it by Tuesday next week.

exploded mummy posted:

Yeah not going to be getting my new card until next week :smith:

That's fine, get it sorted while you can but your priority right now should really be making sure your bank is taking care of these charges for you. Good luck!

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jerusalem posted:

That's fine, get it sorted while you can but your priority right now should really be making sure your bank is taking care of these charges for you. Good luck!

No their priority is doing the funny name thing

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Does Nick Gage walking into the WOR mailbag yelling "You da man Dave" and leaving make audio in the WOR mailbag? I wasn't there but I feel it is important to post about so everyone is aware.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I don't remember hearing that

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hold on.

Did Bryan seriously lose by musical distraction?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sure did

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I certainly hope he's going to do the right thing and make himself geek of the week.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

It was about $100 of itunes poo poo and that's all getting reversed and refunded. They called me about it at like 7 am and the card was closed at like 8 am.

So it's been more of a giant inconvenience then anything thankfully.

https://twitter.com/AdamMikeBAN/status/1114626199467319297?s=19

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

exploded mummy posted:

It was about $100 of itunes poo poo and that's all getting reversed and refunded. They called me about it at like 7 am and the card was closed at like 8 am.

So it's been more of a giant inconvenience then anything thankfully.

https://twitter.com/AdamMikeBAN/status/1114626199467319297?s=19

My mind canon is ruined with photos.

And they met at the tickets tock dinner on route 46.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
For whatever it's worth, I met Bryan and Vinny after the G1 Supercard and they're really, really nice guys. Can't say how nice it is to meet the voices who accompany me on my commute and they turned out to be so great in person!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

AlmightyPants posted:

For whatever it's worth, I met Bryan and Vinny after the G1 Supercard and they're really, really nice guys. Can't say how nice it is to meet the voices who accompany me on my commute and they turned out to be so great in person!

Well you know what they say, never meet your heroes except Bryan, Vinny and Dave who are all apparently lovely.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I laughed my rear end off at Dave saying at the live mailbag show,"You guys are so much nicer than the people I speak to on twitter!"

Also according to the Pacific Rim Podcast, the Stardom wrestlers rode to the show on the New York Subway observing the face/heel division :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012
Anyone else think that Dave was weirdly negative on the MSG show? Obviously the ROH stuff wasn't as good as the New Japan stuff but it's not like it ruined the show or whatever.