Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I'm not really sure if anything was fixed in BL1 Enhanced, I'm still having the weird audio log/transmitions issue where it sounds muffled and scratchy that I had 10 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

Arcsquad12 posted:

I saw some new company on the launch screen logos so I'm guessing gearbox farmed this remaster out to someone else.
Yeah, it's Blind Squirrel Games. They also handled the BioShock 1 + 2 remasters which had some significant issues.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I have the ps4 version and it's fine :shrug:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Yeah, it's Blind Squirrel Games. They also handled the BioShock 1 + 2 remasters which had some significant issues.

Oh god no

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Sab669 posted:

So I've never played Destiny, Division, or Anthem. I enjoyed Borderlands, but don't love it as much as most people do. I thought it was pretty good, but I wanted more RPG out of it. I want multiple Active abilities, more interesting trees etc. Hellgate London had lots of flaws, but I think the loose framework for a potentially great game was there -- and that's kind of what I want. A well made first or third person shooter with POE/Diablo levels of character building (both through loot and abilities).

I strongly suspect this will be more of the same (1 ability per character, boring passive skill tree, and the only loot will be guns/that 1 other gear slot I'm blanking on the name of), except with the added garbage of modern gaming monetization. I'll still buy it and have fun with it, but do you guys think they'll really expand on any of the fundamentals? I suppose we've seen too little to speculate, but it's fun to hope

Try Risk of Rain 2 https://steamcommunity.com/app/632360/videos/

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Judge Tesla posted:

I'm not really sure if anything was fixed in BL1 Enhanced, I'm still having the weird audio log/transmitions issue where it sounds muffled and scratchy that I had 10 years ago.

They may not have fixed that (not sure what you're referring to) but you sure you downloaded the separate Borderlands GOTY Enhanced? Borderlands GOTY is not the remaster, even though the title may have been upaded in your library. Pretty significant improvements to textures, mini map added, new videos - should be obvious.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Still frame-pacing problems even on a 6700k/1080ti system. Not a great look. The enhanced edition has no optimization at all for modern hardware

If the old version ran like poo poo on your fancy computer; it'll still run like poo poo in the update. :smith:

Use Fast Sync in Nvidia CP + Rivatuner Scanline Sync set 1. Bingo, flatline.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Happy_Misanthrope posted:

They may not have fixed that (not sure what you're referring to) but you sure you downloaded the separate Borderlands GOTY Enhanced? Borderlands GOTY is not the remaster, even though the title may have been upaded in your library. Pretty significant improvements to textures, mini map added, new videos - should be obvious.

Well, it's the only version available on PS4 so yeah.

Also Maya's community day skin is up: 5B3BJ-XZWFW-T3KRZ-JBJTB-6WST9

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Judge Tesla posted:

That's a shift code, I take it?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Rinkles posted:

That's a shift code, I take it?

Yeah, I tapped it into BL2 just before I posted it here to confirm it works, it also comes with 5 keys.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Pylons posted:

I'll buy it on EGS. Not really bothered.

same, my need to know what Krieg has been up to the last 5 years is far too great to care about a launcher that i already installed to play Satisfactory

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

"Hopoo Games" is that pronounced "Who Poo" ? :thunk:

Rx King
Mar 4, 2003

lol.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Has anyone tried the remaster in 21x9 yet? I'm hoping it'll work good without having to resort to hex editing/3rd party tools or some poo poo.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
VIP Wallpapers from pre-orders

Other links, the 4k one is resized by imgur :argh:
https://cdn.crowdtwist.com/img/v2/f7bea05fbf2d732e5355f54ff01c3d806f4094d8/w/h/0/b3vip_desktop.jpg
https://cdn.crowdtwist.com/img/v2/7594a08ac9d4ece6423ee4cb321ffd8b870eaf78/w/h/0/b3vip_mobile.jpg

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Apr 3, 2019

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

hahaha man that is a masterful loving troll

not only is hl3 never getting announced but even if it did he still wouldn't put BL3 on steam

Rx King
Mar 4, 2003

Kerrzhe posted:

hahaha man that is a masterful loving troll

not only is hl3 never getting announced but even if it did he still wouldn't put BL3 on steam

I really hope Gaben takes a jab at Randy over this tweet.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Gaben would need to move and that requires three cranes and a flatbed to accomplish.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

timjin posted:

I really hope Gaben takes a jab at Randy over this tweet.

He'll probably just announce that HL3 is in production and will also be Epic Store exclusive. :negative:

Edit: Does anyone know if BL1 on PC now has native xbox controller support? It technically did before, but you had to do an INI edit to get the button prompts to be xbox compatible.

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

chaosapiant posted:

He'll probably just announce that HL3 is in production and will also be Epic Store exclusive. :negative:

Edit: Does anyone know if BL1 on PC now has native xbox controller support? It technically did before, but you had to do an INI edit to get the button prompts to be xbox compatible.

Yup, updated high-res prompts n' everything

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

chaosapiant posted:

From what I saw of the stream controller prompts worked fine

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

They would be crazy not to have Borderlands 3 online only/all-the-time like other games in the genre, otherwise it's hack city. People will just cheat engine their way to 999 stats and infinite rocket launchers with all mods attached and join in on coop games making everything insanely boring

Hellgate London had a separate savegame for online and offline, to make sure nobody would play online with a hacked weapon. Borderlands made the choice to have the same character for online and offline, because it was more fun than the other option.

Borderlands won. Hellgate lost.

...something the history books don't tell you, is that some of the hacking in borderlands was annoying. Like that time I joined a session with a guy that replace particles by weapons, so firing a rocket would create a trail of weapon. Awesome but annoying, I had like 2 FPS and my client crashed.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Also nobody is talking about how apparently Hyperion will have weapon mounted shields in 3, or that Torgue will have sticky bomb projectiles as secondary fire which both seem extremely cool to me

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The worst thing about pugging BL2 was a bunch of squeakers infiltrating the group and screeching about their epic weapons

They would want you to trade but only to show you how epic their weapon was

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
So any guides out there on how to copy/import your characters from ordinary BL1 over to GOTY Enhanced edition on PC?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Judge Tesla posted:

Two more community day skins:

Zer0’s: 53KBB-KXXRC-RZ66Z-WFJBB-WSRZ3

Salvador’s: C35TB-WS6ST-TXBRK-TTTJT-JJH6H

(why do these have to be so massive?)

The 100 gold keys code is dead.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

happyhippy posted:

So any guides out there on how to copy/import your characters from ordinary BL1 over to GOTY Enhanced edition on PC?

I'm watching the installer chug along and was just wondering if the saves would automatically move over when I run it. So...yes, that would be good info to know.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I'm watching the installer chug along and was just wondering if the saves would automatically move over when I run it. So...yes, that would be good info to know.

Figured it out myself.

1. Start GOTY and exit.
2. Start GOTY Enhanced and you'll see Import Character.
3. You should see your characters here.

Now I think you HAVE to start GOTY first, as I didn't and the Imports were not there for me the first time.
Haven't played BL1 on my new computer here, so thats why maybe, there was no filed saved locally or such.

Edit:

Seems you have to log onto each character for achievements to trigger. Not sure if all copy though.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol u guys if i get teh gab3n to announce hl3 ill put it on steam earlier!!!! maybe!

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
hors d'oeuvrelands snack of the year edition.

Kerrzhe posted:

same, my need to know what Krieg has been up to the last 5 years is far too great to care about a launcher that i already installed to play Satisfactory

I'm willing to bet you're gonna be sorely disappointed!

Krieg is very much a 'written yourself into a corner' situation because once he's a viewpoint character you lose all of the 'ex vault hunter supersoldier prototype' stuff because he can't articulate it and nobody knows to go digging into it. He's just an unexplainable friendly Psycho to the rest of the vault hunters.

So, on one hand he's very popular, on the other hand, it's not clear where to go story-wise for him. My immediate guess is that he'll get killed off for drama.

Other options that I think are less likely are joining Maya with whatever the subplot with her apprentice/daughter/bluehairedminiclone is, and hanging out with the Children of Helios as they try and fix him (and being Ripped Abs Brothers with Vaugn)

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
lol that tweet is extra petty since Pitchford is bitter at valve, he's just straight gloating he got to 3 first.

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009
Is the DLC for BL1 included now? Never bought it but when I add it to my cart its says I already have it?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

If you're having lag and dropped frames when playing Borderlands GOTY Enhanced, make sure it's using your GPU and not the internal. I'm looking at this right now:

Intel HD Graphics 530 is NOT the GPU I want it to use.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

watho posted:

Also nobody is talking about how apparently Hyperion will have weapon mounted shields in 3, or that Torgue will have sticky bomb projectiles as secondary fire which both seem extremely cool to me

Maliwan weapons being able to toggle to different elements is real cool too.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Otacon posted:

If you're having lag and dropped frames when playing Borderlands GOTY Enhanced, make sure it's using your GPU and not the internal. I'm looking at this right now:

Intel HD Graphics 530 is NOT the GPU I want it to use.

That's windows 10 being dumb possibly.

PC Settings --> system --> display --> graphics settings (at the very bottom below advanced display settings) ---> browse to a classic app (the BL1 exe and/or BL1launcher.exe) and set it to high performance

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 3, 2019

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

Suran37 posted:

Is the DLC for BL1 included now? Never bought it but when I add it to my cart its says I already have it?

Well apparently it's all included for free now, sweet!

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Donovan Trip posted:

lol that tweet is extra petty since Pitchford is bitter at valve, he's just straight gloating he got to 3 first.

I'm okay with this. The only HL3 we got was the fanfic when the script writer left Valve.
Let the sass flow!

I was able to import my vanilla BL1 characters into Enhanced without first running the older version. They were sitting there from whenever I last played (was too lazy to check the save date).

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The elemental effects are still better in the remastered edition than BL2. Watching a man melt from acid or the exploding skull of a man hit with a shock weapon never gets old.

Remember back at BL2 launch when they had that whole liquid physics tech showcase in the game for Nvidia and then they took it out of the game?

RossMan4Life
Dec 18, 2002

by R. Guyovich
I saw a couple questions I can answer. My buddy and I started though 1 several months ago and are into 2 UVHM.

BL1 has almost perfect XBox controller functionality. My buddy had to use his mouse or keyboard once to set up the LAN or change a setting.

VSync can be enabled in the ini. It's willowengine.ini in appdata IIRC. You can also disable the intro movies, the mandatory cutscenes, and the line / shader /whatever effect. The wiki has it all explained very clearly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

Arcsquad12 posted:

The elemental effects are still better in the remastered edition than BL2. Watching a man melt from acid or the exploding skull of a man hit with a shock weapon never gets old.

Remember back at BL2 launch when they had that whole liquid physics tech showcase in the game for Nvidia and then they took it out of the game?

Uh...since when? All of that stuff still happens with Physx set to high.