Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

OhFunny posted:

You can change the FPS in-game by changing the resolution. For example I have the option for 1440@60fps and 1440@75fps.

My problem was that Borderlands was renamed Borderlands GOTY in my Steam library and I thought it was what came out today. Instead, there was a Borderlands GOTY Enhanced added on top of the name change. I was running the game from 2009. Had no problem changing the resolution in-game but the FPS cap can only be changed in the original game with the launcher. GOTY Enhanced should be done downloading in 30 sec or so and I doubt I'll have issues once I'm running, you know, the correct version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Not being very subtle about these two being Handsome Jack's kids, the guy basically him with tattoos and a new haircut in this shot.

This made me take another look at his mug and i noticed he has gauges in his ears and now I hate him even more

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Rinkles posted:

big difference in a lot of Borderlands 2 textures between the regular ps4 and pro ps4 with HD patch. clothing, monsters, terrain, posters, weapons upgraded. you can now make out what roland's twitter feed says in lilith's dungeon. i'm impressed gearbox.

e:and I'm saying this as someone with a 1080p screen.

I am interested in the HDR implementation. If it is good, I may be willing to go for the Handsome Collection on ps4.

Heck, at $15 I may go for it anyway.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

NofrikinfuN posted:

Buster sword
:goonsay:

I mean, yes it is that sword, but it will probably shoot something or go full magik Siren powers

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
forgot how much inane back and forthing there is in bl1

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

And quick travel is basically non-existent, so... have fun with that!

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I had to look up when you finally unlock fast travel because I’d forgotten, and it's after the third story boss. lmao

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Lol, you thought this was an actual improvement of the first game and not just updated graphics?

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

Crabtree posted:

Lol, you thought this was an actual improvement of the first game and not just updated graphics?

It's still better than TPS

Also the first game doesn't have Pickle, so it's automatically not the worst Borderlands game

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Dr.Smasher posted:

It's still better than TPS

Also the first game doesn't have Pickle, so it's automatically not the worst Borderlands game

Rude, Heartfull Splodger is a fine weapon

Oi! Reload me, smart like!

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Crabtree posted:

The game auto pickups ammo and such on the ground so it is absurdly improved over the original game

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
The gently caress did they do to Angel?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Not being very subtle about these two being Handsome Jack's kids, the guy basically him with tattoos and a new haircut in this shot.

According to technology only I have access, maybe is not the case, if they build characters from a limitet set of premades and with similar objetives, two faces can end 98% similar without having really anything in common.

But you can be right.

Rx King
Mar 4, 2003

With all of these skins from pre-order bonuses I bet you can easily get them easily via Gibbed just like you could from Borderlands 2.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Personally I think it would be odd if Jack secretly had another Siren daughter that he wasn't exploiting.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

slowdown of some of amara's moves (a ground slam and some kind of projection attack) and a revolver reload

https://i.imgur.com/K0yxFk6.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/BkjuRc2.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/w5r7uKa.mp4

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Risky Bisquick posted:

BRAND LOYALTY
Corporations vie for control of the Borderlands through military force. Their currency: weapons. Their trade: death. Each manufacturer specializes in a different delivery method.
  • Atlas - Step 1: Hit your enemies with tracker tags. Step 2: Unleash a hail of Smart Bullets that track towards your targets. Step 3: Loot!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Shoehead posted:

The gently caress did they do to Angel?

:confused:

oh i guess this is in reference to BL1 angel? what did they change on her?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I watched a few Borderlands remastered streaams yesterday, and most had technical problems.

This is my 2 cents

Edit
Borderlands 1 was hilarious to watch on stream. Brink maniatic voice made me laught out loud.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
They took the live action footage of her in 2 and made it look like a weird hologram. And did it to her appearance in BL1 too.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Risky Bisquick posted:

BRAND LOYALTY
Dahl - Toggle between alternate fire modes depending on your play style, your predicament, and your predilection for bonus damage

Wait, does this meant that Dahl guns are actually going to be useable now? No more mandatory burst fire on assault rifles? Holy poo poo, that's great!

Risky Bisquick posted:

BRAND LOYALTY
Torgue - Switch between regular and sticky-projectile fire modes. Stickies do more damage if a bunch of them detonate on the same target

So, I guess Torgue is the new Dahl. Or, not really, because it's optional. Still, I'm having a hard time thinking of a use for that. Edit: Wait, I'm thinking of rubberized grenades, sticky ones are actually pretty decent. I retract my skepticism.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

[*]Vladof - Augment these rapid-firing, ammo-hungry guns with under-barrel attachments including tasers, rocket tubes, and additional gun barrels
Could be good, if gives some type of AOE or burst damage.

[*]Jacobs - Deliver devastating critical hits to enemies’ soft-and-sensitives, then joy-puke as your bullets ricochet towards other targets
Probably bad, except in crit builds, where may be mandatory?

[*]Maliwan - Toggle between two elements, charge your weapon, and deal guaranteed elemental damage with your finger glued to the trigger
Seems like having two elemental weapons, withouth sacrificing a slot, I like.

[*]Dahl - Toggle between alternate fire modes depending on your play style, your predicament, and your predilection for bonus damage
Probably good.

[*]Hyperion - Aim down the sights to take cover behind your weapon-mounted shield and keep your finger on the trigger for increased accuracy
Seems bad.

[*]Tediore - Toss your gun like a grenade to reload, then watch it pursue a nearby enemy as a fully loaded version digistructs in your hand
Always hilarious.

[*]Torgue - Switch between regular and sticky-projectile fire modes. Stickies do more damage if a bunch of them detonate on the same target
I like.

[*]Atlas - Step 1: Hit your enemies with tracker tags. Step 2: Unleash a hail of Smart Bullets that track towards your targets. Step 3: Loot!
Gimmicky. Maybe good.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I'm hearing rumours from Reddit that the Armoury glitch from Knoxx's DLC is still a thing.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

The latest cheat tables I was trying to use for BL2 last year were severely glitched so I hope these updates get some folks on the case to bring me back my amazingly fun loot showers!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Tei posted:

I watched a few Borderlands remastered streaams yesterday, and most had technical problems.

This is my 2 cents

Edit
Borderlands 1 was hilarious to watch on stream. Brink maniatic voice made me laught out loud.

Been working great for me. But it's still BL1 with (almost) all the issues that entails.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Shoehead posted:

They took the live action footage of her in 2 and made it look like a weird hologram. And did it to her appearance in BL1 too.

Yeah, she's all dots now. Everything else looks nicer but I think I preferred the original look for her

It also looks really not good at the start when she takes up most of your screen.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Gnome de plume posted:

Yeah, she's all dots now. Everything else looks nicer but I think I preferred the original look for her

It also looks really not good at the start when she takes up most of your screen.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Anyone else having weird level scaling issues? I’ve done up to getting Sledges Mine Key and found myself kinda under levelled for the majority of the latter part. I remember it being kind of the other way round originally in that it was quite easy to out-level the quests if you did all the aide quests.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
For some bizarre reason they added another gun manufacturer to the website hours later:

COV (Children of the Vault)
"Enjoy uninterrupted damage-dealing courtesy of “infinite” ammo magazines, occasionally interrupted by unpredictable overheating."

Probably replacing Bandit?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

AirRaid posted:

Anyone else having weird level scaling issues? I’ve done up to getting Sledges Mine Key and found myself kinda under levelled for the majority of the latter part. I remember it being kind of the other way round originally in that it was quite easy to out-level the quests if you did all the aide quests.

I may misremember thing, but I think it was wild, like suffering through hard as nails missions, then accidentally joining some random people and getting booster 3 levels on a few kills.

But is okay, Borderlands is #YOLO

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Clarste posted:

For some bizarre reason they added another gun manufacturer to the website hours later:

"Enjoy uninterrupted damage-dealing courtesy of “infinite” ammo magazines, occasionally interrupted by unpredictable overheating."

they also seem to have changed the gun images for manufacturers

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Clarste posted:

Yeah they're the bad guys and supposedly all the bandits and psychos have joined the cult (handily giving you lots of enemies to shoot). The ones in the picture look more like energy beam type guns than regular guns but I'm sure they'll have some machine guns with loving massive (IE functionally infinite) clips as well, either by them or one of the other manufacturers.

Seeing those manufacturers bonuses is pretty cool, none of them are like "holy poo poo this completely changes the game" but they're a nice extension of what they started in 2. I hope there's more variation in classes of weapon by the same manufacturer though, like I remember in 1 there were masher revolvers that shot like 7 bullets per trigger pull but only had 3 or 4 shots in a reload and you could pulp stuff if you got all the shots in a crit spot by being close enough. Whereas in 2 they made the manufacturers more distinct and interesting but lost some of the weird variant guns you could find (I think, I never found anything like a masher in 2 and have played it through a few times, think a legendary had the effect as red text), you just had like "a Jakobs revolver will generally be this, a Maliwan like this" etc". A combination of the two and then an evolution from there would be great.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

AirRaid posted:

I've been doing every side quest available and am level 26 with most of my to-do missions being in the 21-23 range. I'm having the opposite experience. To be fair, I'm using one or two keys every 3-4 levels to keep current-level purps equipped so that's probably making it a lot easier, too.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Oh speaking of keys are there any other Shift codes out there for BL1? I have the 75 key reward that I assume everyone got, wondering if there’s more.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Where da Salvador at

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Bloodplay it again posted:

I've been doing every side quest available and am level 26 with most of my to-do missions being in the 21-23 range. I'm having the opposite experience. To be fair, I'm using one or two keys every 3-4 levels to keep current-level purps equipped so that's probably making it a lot easier, too.

Old Haven is where things get a little trickier, the Crimson Lance start showing up from that point.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
So thinking about the bonuses, vladof is the BL2 accessory1 trait, jakobs are gaiges close enough skill, tediore already had legendary weapons that tracked and shot targets, and atlas weapons are like etech dart pistols. That is a lot of reuse in case anyone has missed it.

thebardyspoon posted:

Yeah they're the bad guys and supposedly all the bandits and psychos have joined the cult (handily giving you lots of enemies to shoot). The ones in the picture look more like energy beam type guns than regular guns but I'm sure they'll have some machine guns with loving massive (IE functionally infinite) clips as well, either by them or one of the other manufacturers.

Seeing those manufacturers bonuses is pretty cool, none of them are like "holy poo poo this completely changes the game" but they're a nice extension of what they started in 2. I hope there's more variation in classes of weapon by the same manufacturer though, like I remember in 1 there were masher revolvers that shot like 7 bullets per trigger pull but only had 3 or 4 shots in a reload and you could pulp stuff if you got all the shots in a crit spot by being close enough. Whereas in 2 they made the manufacturers more distinct and interesting but lost some of the weird variant guns you could find (I think, I never found anything like a masher in 2 and have played it through a few times, think a legendary had the effect as red text), you just had like "a Jakobs revolver will generally be this, a Maliwan like this" etc". A combination of the two and then an evolution from there would be great.

You are talking about the DPUH, Fragnum 88.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

the guy in the back is totally a parody of the Cyberdemon from the new Doom

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Tei posted:

[*]Tediore - Toss your gun like a grenade to reload, then watch it pursue a nearby enemy as a fully loaded version digistructs in your hand

So are they not adding anything new to Tediore? This was fun, but if everyone else is getting neat new gimmicks why not something additional here too :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
My favorite gun in the series so far is the legendary shotgun that flew around and chased enemies and shot at them and then exploded.

I hope we can get that again.