Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Fisk, you seem to be forgetting Fool lied about receiving an item. I explicitly requested the opposite of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Can you draw my attention to that

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Amoeba102 posted:

Fisk, you seem to be forgetting Fool lied about receiving an item. I explicitly requested the opposite of that.

I don't see that anywhere. I looked a couple times. What are you talking about?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Before even an hour had passed, Toalpaz was backing away from the rest of the travelers, a fire poker in their hand. The conversation had gone south fast, and calm discussion was a distant memory.

"Listen, I don't give a drat about whatever is happening here. I just wanted to find the girl, and I'm not going to let any of you stop me. She needs my help, okay? No one else can find her!"

Amoeba walks ahead of the rest of the group, a relaxed expression on his face. "Easy, easy. Look Toal, we just want to talk. Can we talk? Once this storm passes, you can go on your way, okay? We just want to task you some more questions."

Toal pauses, unsure of themself, and lowers the poker. Seconds later fool of sound comes up behind them and smashes a vase over Toal's head.

Toalpaz, Sarah Gruse, Town Weak Doctor has been voted out day two!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebPVDJ6FqD4

Working together, the group finds some rope and binds Sarah's hands. Moving as a unit, as though together nothing can hurt them, they take Sarah down to the basement. Whoever left the blood stains wasn't down there any longer, they had already done a thorough search. In some ways, this could actually be the safest place in the hotel.

Their nerves rattled, the storm raging, the travelers broke apart for a quick break.

Retro Futurist and A Sometimes Food are on notice. If they don't make 10 posts tomorrow, they will be freely dunkable D4.

Night actions please!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Someone goes downstairs to check on poor Sarah, and it’s all sideways from there.

She’s covered in blood, but that’s not really the issue. Dennis is laying several feet away from her, his throat ripped out. You search the basement again, but there’s nothing and no one there. Someone volunteers that they were watching the door the whole time, how could this have happened?

Thankfully, Sarah is still out. You move Dennis away and wipe her face off, but leave the blood there. Someone points out that you’re all actively disturbing a crime scene, but no one seems to care.

Amoeba102, Dennis Gatem, Town Thief was found dead night two!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meGPvhpPzmw

D a y t h r e e b e g i n ! !

A few of you experiment with the idea of making a run for it, but if anything the storm has only gotten worse. The rattling of the windows form a steady percussive beat, almost as if the Hotel is laughing at you. You settle back in at the lobby as the clock chimes 10 p.m.. The growing number of conspicuously empty seats are hard to ignore.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (11): A Sometimes Food, Anomalous Amalgam, Dick Bastardly, fool_of_sound, Hal Incandenza, Infinitum, Jonathan Fisk, kaschei, merk, Retro Futurist, SolusLunes

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 07th, 2019 at 8:08 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 22 hours.

Retro Futurist and A Sometimes Food are on notice. If they do not make 10 posts today they will be freely dunkable day four.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’m writing this post at 9pm Thursday so if it seems polished that’s because it is.

I will eat and own the toalpaz mislynch. I think they played their hand terribly but there’s no reason to beat up someone who can’t defend themselves.

Clearly the relationship between toalpaz and myself was meant to mirror that of JJ and GK. Similarly, kaschei has claimed another “weak” role in masonchat. I find the existence of such a role within the realm of possibility, and *if* it exists as described it’s possible toalpaz did inadvertently kill GK or JJ.

I targeted AA last night, on the reasoning that if he really is a town joat he needs protecting. But I’m not sure he is exactly what he claims. A joat is better off hiding the fact he can flex other roles, claiming it early strikes me as odd even in the light of the result. please note that I do not think he is scum, per se, or demanding of pressure. The claim just pings me as odd.

Out of yesterday, Soluslunes looks suspect in the war he seemed to bang on how if toalpaz flipped town I *must* be lynched next. It reads in retrospect like someone who know their alignment.

We also need to confront the unfortunate fact that two of the three highest contributors have flipped town, and I’m the third. We’re dealing with relative lurking scum so I sure hope AA is what he says and we have an extra cop or two.

Gun to head I’d vote solus, kaschei, a few lurkers by virtue of being lurkers. I’m going to try to shut up so that scum can’t make beating me up over the mislynch the theme of the day.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Amoeba102 posted:

What did this mean?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Oh poo poo I just got it
He didn’t get an item because amoeba couldn’t steal it

##vote fool

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Thanks amoeba sorry I thought you were scum!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
So yeah, you going to ignore a cop result for a second day or listen to Fisk blow smoke up your rear end. Vote kaschei after night bingo discussion.

I watched merk. No one visited.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Me to me: Now_we_look_like_bad_guys.gif

So we either assume Fisk is lying, and just wanted to continue his tunneling on Toalpaz
Or we can believe him to be a doc, and was just tunneling Toalpaz.

Honestly no idea what to do there. We're better off resolving the Kaschei cop.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Oh poo poo I just got it
He didn’t get an item because amoeba couldn’t steal it

##vote fool

.. wouldn't you think in this instance that Amoeba stole the item from Fool and this clarifies things?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also legit apologies to Toalpaz. I just straight up didn't like your "what if scum" post, followed by you being overly coy about your claim.

Lot of weird roles this game though.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Me to me: Now_we_look_like_bad_guys.gif

So we either assume Fisk is lying, and just wanted to continue his tunneling on Toalpaz
Or we can believe him to be a doc, and was just tunneling Toalpaz.

Honestly no idea what to do there. We're better off resolving the Kaschei cop.

.. wouldn't you think in this instance that Amoeba stole the item from Fool and this clarifies things?

Maybe, idk. Amoeba says fool lied and I believe him, I thought fool claimed he had one

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

In any case amoeba was making a big fuss over catching fool in a lie and he’s flipped town since

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

With respect to my alignment I think catching toalpaz in a lie about what doctors can do should speak for itself when we already have a pair of flipped weak/normal town roles

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I think you tunneled Toalpaz super hard to your detriment.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Anything else patently obvious you need to say?

Yes, the mislynch sucks, but it was a good shoot. Let’s talk about who’s left

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Maybe, idk. Amoeba says fool lied and I believe him, I thought fool claimed he had one
Here I was almost thinking you thought too deeply on these things

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I forgot about it until he died lul

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’m having a vision of merk kaschei and fool scum together but it might just be my brain sickness known as caring abt mafia

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

The only way fool isn’t scum is if there’s a scum lightning rod active N0? Or he doesn’t know how to check his PMs. I literally can’t think of anything else.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

kaschei posted:

The only way fool isn’t scum is if there’s a scum lightning rod active N0? Or he doesn’t know how to check his PMs. I literally can’t think of anything else.

lol how so? wtf

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Read the thread to learn

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Infinitum: I gave fool an item
Fool: uh nope!
Flipped town thief: fool lied about not getting an item

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I take it back, lightning rod doesn’t even explain it

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Who’s scum kasch

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

It has to be two redirections from fool to the same player so that amoeba steals the ring that didn’t go to fool from whoever. Scum bus driving fool and another scum n0 and n1.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Who’s scum kasch
Well my two favorite theories were toalpaz and amoeba and well fish

Amalgam gambitting d1 seems much less likely than some other kind of fuckery but it’s not nothing.

Gut says infinitum, every time he posts he has the wrong angle. Fool I was suspicious of before the amoeba angle and I guess he’s my top pick but it’s not really a read.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I could see infi also

AA, who’s scum other than kaschei

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

It turns out f o s h autocorrected to fish and not gosh. drat

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I did get the ring on night 0, and lied about it for two reasons: first, I though infinitum was trying to set me up with specifically pinging me, and as day 1 went on I was increasingly suspicious of toalpaz and koschei and started to actually think that the the invention cartel were scum. After the toalpaz reveal I'm not convinced of that theory anymore.

I got notice that the ring was stolen on night 1, and I was waiting to see if the thief would call me out or not. If not, I could then call the thief out and confirm their identity by confirming the ring's power with them. That went up in smoke.

The ring was just a one night hide to avoid night actions, as a heads up.

So yeah I'm def high on the lynch list at this point for good reason, but on the other hand we have a guy who probably lied about being town doctor to get the real town doctor lynched, and also a guy who has been pinged as mafia by a cop claim. So I'm going to take a back seat and let people decide which person is the most valuable lunch there.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

When you see a king of clubs and queen of clubs in a deck, and someone else claims to have a king of hearts, do you think it’s a lie because the queen of hearts is on the table

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It’s curious that amoeba died with an unused hide

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I'm really not sure why anyone should listen to you at this point, jfisk.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Because I’m pretty much confirmed town?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Because I’m pretty much confirmed town?

? ??? ??

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

The sad truth for people that want an easy retribution lynch after the toalpaz mislynch is that I picked out the lie that toalpaz admitted to *because I knew that a doctor couldn’t target himself*

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Add that to the weak vig / real vig duo and a weak doc/ real doc duo seems setup normal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Jonathan Fisk posted:

The sad truth for people that want an easy retribution lynch after the toalpaz mislynch is that I picked out the lie that toalpaz admitted to *because I knew that a doctor couldn’t target himself*

i mean that's an odds-on guess. 'no self targeting' appears to be the standard rule.