Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Zero Time Dilemma would belong in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Zero Time Dilemma would belong in this thread

No.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Casull posted:

The point is that this is an Uchikoshi's Wild Ride anime. Is it worth adding to my Steam wishlist in spite of the skeeviness?

I have no idea about how the game plays, but if it is just a straight adaptation of the anime? Then yeah. The skeeviness is pretty much a misdirect.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Ok so like how does the misdirect work, like what is it actually about and how do they get around the initial concept

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Kchama posted:

I have no idea about how the game plays, but if it is just a straight adaptation of the anime? Then yeah. The skeeviness is pretty much a misdirect.

It's a VN that covers more than the anime, like the events of the anime are about 30% of the content of the VN, with the rest being taken up by alternate paths and suchlike.

FirstAidKite posted:

Ok so like how does the misdirect work, like what is it actually about and how do they get around the initial concept

I guess it's more of an advertising misdirect? Like, it's presented as a pervy thing. I have the box for the game, and it's got all the female characters in revealing poses but with DANGER tape covering their crotches, etc. But the actual characters and events aren't pervy, and after a couple episodes even if the main character looks at panties, they just don't show them onscreen or anything.

If you're wondering WHY the planet gets destroyed if the main character sees a pair of women's panties... well, that's one of the central mysteries of the show. It's essentially a genre that the author loves, which could be described as: weird supernatural (or seemingly-supernatural events) are happening, but things are very definitely Not What They Seem in a fundamental way.

Like, I'm not going to recommend it as something that unreservedly works, and it's not for everyone, but I liked it.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

John Lee posted:

It's a VN that covers more than the anime, like the events of the anime are about 30% of the content of the VN, with the rest being taken up by alternate paths and suchlike.

I guess it's more of an advertising misdirect? Like, it's presented as a pervy thing. I have the box for the game, and it's got all the female characters in revealing poses but with DANGER tape covering their crotches, etc. But the actual characters and events aren't pervy, and after a couple episodes even if the main character looks at panties, they just don't show them onscreen or anything.

If you're wondering WHY the planet gets destroyed if the main character sees a pair of women's panties... well, that's one of the central mysteries of the show. It's essentially a genre that the author loves, which could be described as: weird supernatural (or seemingly-supernatural events) are happening, but things are very definitely Not What They Seem in a fundamental way.

Like, I'm not going to recommend it as something that unreservedly works, and it's not for everyone, but I liked it.

This sums it up pretty well, yeah.

Jarakchan
Mar 17, 2009

As someone who watched and enjoyed the show then later played the game, the game is literally just a worse retelling of the anime's story, just watch the show if you are interested in the story. The Punch Line game doesn't have any alternate paths. Any choices you make along the way either progress the story or lead directly to a bad end.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
If the bad ends involve panties, that might be acceptable to some audiences.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Terrible awful games : magic panty realism

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
This is sounding a lot like that manga about the guy who can't orgasm or it'll cause the end of the world because he has Satan trapped in his balls.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Well we've all been there.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This is sounding a lot like that manga about the guy who can't orgasm or it'll cause the end of the world because he has Satan trapped in his balls.

oretama the series where she doesn't allow him to ejaculate

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Ooh, I know that one! "My Balls," it's called.

So, you're as familiar with My Balls as I am? What do you think about My Balls?

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The actual reason is.... well, okay, maybe not QUITE as goofy as that but it's entirely silly and goofy instead of anything else.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I had completely forgotten about My Balls

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Weird that the first step they took in making a good anime is to present it as something it's not, seemingly in a effort to drive away as many non-pervy potential viewers as possible.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Also Dragons Rioting, a manga about a guy who will straight up die if he gets a big enough boner (his first appreciation of big ol titties almost killed him as a kid)? He transcended normal men and became a martial arts master, all to be able to escape from attractive women no matter where he is.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Weird that the first step they took in making a good anime is to present it as something it's not, seemingly in a effort to drive away as many non-pervy potential viewers as possible.

Yeah it drove me away at first too, but I'm pretty sure the amount of pervy potential viewers far outweighs the non-pervy potential viewers.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Doc Hawkins posted:

I had completely forgotten about My Balls

terrible awful games: i had completely forgotten about my balls

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
You're not gonna get me to watch any of these, no matter how much you hype up the non-fanservice parts.

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time

Kchama posted:

Yeah it drove me away at first too, but I'm pretty sure the amount of pervy potential viewers far outweighs the non-pervy potential viewers.

I always thought the bit in Bakuman (fictional manga about the manga/anime industry) where the lady with the struggling weekly manga was told by her editor to start including more panty shots in the comic to get people to read it was interesting. They brought in a panty shot expert who specialized in drawing panties to help with the art and give her advice (make them very detailed, frame them like the reader is seeing a glimpse of something they shouldn't be instead of showing them clearly head on.)

Bakuman made me really wish there was more in depth non fiction writing about the manga and anime industry in English, because there have to be an enormous amount of hosed up and interesting stories about the real thing.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Jarakchan posted:

As someone who watched and enjoyed the show then later played the game, the game is literally just a worse retelling of the anime's story, just watch the show if you are interested in the story. The Punch Line game doesn't have any alternate paths. Any choices you make along the way either progress the story or lead directly to a bad end.

Sounds like Steins Gate Elite. I never watched it but it seems like I probably could have instead of playing it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Kiranamos posted:

Sounds like Steins Gate Elite. I never watched it but it seems like I probably could have instead of playing it.

Not really, S;G Elite still has all the non-true route paths and endings. PunchLine's other endings are more like loving up in Shadowgate or something

except panties I guess

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Panties turn around and oh no it's a skeleton!

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

Not really, S;G Elite still has all the non-true route paths and endings. PunchLine's other endings are more like loving up in Shadowgate or something

except panties I guess

Well, I guess I didn’t find those routes compelling enough to care that much. They were pretty abrupt and didn’t offer much extra.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Dareon posted:

You're not gonna get me to watch any of these, no matter how much you hype up the non-fanservice parts.

I was going to say My Balls is actually legit loving hilarious even if it's entirely fanservice parts but then I googled it to jog my memory on when the hell I read it (I think I was like 15? definitely in high school)

and that is sure as hell a little kid in stripper clothes on the cover of the first volume :stonk:

I don't know how the gently caress I had that high of a tolerance for horrible anime bullshit in middle and high school

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
You were young and didn't know any better. At least you were just a pervert- I was basically a Malaysian Freeper until I got the internet.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Randallteal posted:

I always thought the bit in Bakuman (fictional manga about the manga/anime industry) where the lady with the struggling weekly manga was told by her editor to start including more panty shots in the comic to get people to read it was interesting. They brought in a panty shot expert who specialized in drawing panties to help with the art and give her advice (make them very detailed, frame them like the reader is seeing a glimpse of something they shouldn't be instead of showing them clearly head on.)

Bakuman made me really wish there was more in depth non fiction writing about the manga and anime industry in English, because there have to be an enormous amount of hosed up and interesting stories about the real thing.

I kind of got the impression that the Punchline guy got told something similar from the start and all it did was make him come up with the goofy pun title and then he got distracted and forgot the stupid fake fanservice after the first episode.

Gokuweed420
Feb 1, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
Please stop posting about your gross anime poo poo in the terrible game thread you autistic rejects

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Gokuweed420 posted:

Please stop posting about your gross anime poo poo in the terrible game thread you autistic rejects

Go back to 4chan.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Gokuweed420 posted:

I mean, the intent is fair, the derail's gone on too long, but c'mon. No need to be a dick about it.

Gokuweed420
Feb 1, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

John Lee posted:

I mean, the intent is fair, the derail's gone on too long, but c'mon. No need to be a dick about it.

Epic derail wrt the panty game

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Gokuweed420 posted:

Epic derail wrt the panty game

Post bad game then

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Here you go: https://store.steampowered.com/app/988940/Dark_Alley_Elf/

quote:

A bet between rivals puts the dark elf Francesca in a pinch! Take to the streets enjoying the world's oldest profession to outperform your snobby rival in this dark elf action platformer! Take your trusty iron pipe and fight your way through several unique enemies, going from client to client until you reign among the streets as slut supreme.

quote:

The content contained in this game depicts both consenting individuals and mild non-consensual situations with the main heroine, Francesca.

Palpek fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Apr 9, 2019

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What does "mild non-consensual situations" even mean

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

FirstAidKite posted:

What does "mild non-consensual situations" even mean

"it's rape but I don't like to admit it"

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

My guess is it's the old "its rape, but not really because she totally wants it." type of skeevy.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

You have a drunk friend

quote:

What will you play if you have a very drunk friend? A warm hearted angel? Or an evilbad guy?You may find answer in this fun weird game. Try exploring in the room and figure out how to sober up your friend, may it's not only just one solution,though,never hurt friend,and never do evil!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

11.17 Update posted:

Wet or dry friend is easier,try it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

Palpek posted:

slut supreme

Mods,