Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Xenforo doesn't really seem that expensive. The NeoGAF --> ResetEra migration was done over a weekend and it seemed to go smoothly. Maybe it's better for Lowtax to switch completely to Patreon and not rely on forum avatar purchases and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mu Zeta posted:

Xenforo doesn't really seem that expensive. The NeoGAF --> ResetEra migration was done over a weekend and it seemed to go smoothly.

Yeah, except the userbase somehow got worse, and its only been shrinking from there.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Well the NeoGAF posters have always been whiny baby bitches so that's not really surprising. I'm just talking about the technical aspects though, unless you think Xenforo is why the userbase is poo poo.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mu Zeta posted:

Well the NeoGAF posters have always been whiny baby bitches so that's not really surprising. I'm just talking about the technical aspects though, unless you think Xenforo is why the userbase is poo poo.

Absolutely not, I don't see how xenforo could be the cause of it in any scenario. I'm just saying, resetera seems like it only allows the "sekiro should have an easy mode" idiots.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Just cheat in hard games, The game doesn't care, it's not real it just sits there.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Someone bought me this avatar of Jimmy Saville and I have no idea why

i just assume you're a libertarian

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Elfgames posted:

i just assume you're a libertarian

Well i did like BioShock

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

spit on my clit posted:

we already gave him money, the way he should be getting more money is to be actively working on the website and try to draw in more outsiders to the website, but as it is there will be absolutely no progress on actually improving what we have now. the last big influx of new users was during the danganronpa LP back around 2013 or so, and has been on a horrible decline since then.

I'm less interested in new posters and more interested in being able to continue to post with and among the people I already like :shrug:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Aramek posted:

Just cheat in hard games, The game doesn't care, it's not real it just sits there.

Defeats the purpose, is no fun at that point unless the game was nearly impossible and you just wanted to see the end credits.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

"the purpose"

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

If there's a part of a game you can't beat, just get your older brother to beat it for you

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Pastry of the Year posted:

I'm less interested in new posters and more interested in being able to continue to post with and among the people I already like :shrug:

so its ok for the forums to stagnate in its obsolete state, with declining membership, less of a reason for lowtax to do literally anything for the site or hire anyone that can actually touch it up, because...new people are scary?

Aramek posted:

I'd prefer if cheat codes were rewards for doing challenges in games. i'd love to destroy the final boss of sekiro without the prosthetic arm if it meant i get to have big head mode enabled.

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 19:25 on Apr 9, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
End all reregs and new accounts. All bans are permas. Each thread gets a random IK every day. All mods are dethroned. The last poster standing inherits Lowtax’s estate.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

End all reregs and new accounts. All bans are permas. Each thread gets a random IK every day. All mods are dethroned. The last poster standing inherits Lowtax’s estate.

Make it like that werewolf/mafia game where some of the players are secret mods and one one of them is a secret radium and if the radium wins the forums get shut down.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I don't particularly care if we get more people since the biggest draws seem to be forums I never read. I kind of doubt a new guy is going to see a thread like this and decide to join in on our level-headed intelligent discussions on whatever stupid poo poo comes to our mind.

I don't see any real way to draw new people though. You'll have to convince people that we're 10 dollars better than reddit, which for a lot of the internet isn't something they'd even honestly consider. The people who hate reddit enough to pay not to use it are probably mostly here or somewhere even more dead already.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

People don't care about forums anymore. It's all about social media now.

Reddit is an exception because it covers literally everything and is basically just a slightly classier Chan-like.

Gripweed posted:

If there's a part of a game you can't beat, just get your older brother to beat it for you

But...I am the older sibling!

Vandar has a new favorite as of 11:21 on Jan 3, 2021

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Heard joke once: Boy goes to forum. Says he's depressed. Says game seems harsh and cruel. Says he plays all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Forum says, "Treatment is simple. Older brothers are great players. Go and have him play. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor...I am permabanned poster niggerstomper58.”

Boy was put on probation for this post.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

christmas boots posted:

Heard joke once: Boy goes to forum. Says he's depressed. Says game seems harsh and cruel. Says he plays all alone in a threatening world where what lies ahead is vague and uncertain. Forum says, "Treatment is simple. Older brothers are great players. Go and have him play. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. Says, "But doctor...I am permabanned poster niggerstomper58.”

Boy was put on probation for this post.

and then, the wave of yikes come from the lobby

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Tiggum posted:

If you think well done steak is objectively wrong but you like crispy bacon, you are a fool and a hypocrite. Overcooked meat is overcooked; either acknowledge that different tastes are equally valid or stop ruining your bacon.

I don't think there is such a thing as liking a food a certain way being "objectively wrong."

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

zjentohlauedy posted:

Christmas sucks. There i said it.

I agree. That said, I think you can find enough people who feel the same way that it's not really that unpopular anymore.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
A food being overcooked or undercooked is specific to that food anyway. A well-done chicken breast is not overcooked. Bread is not raw toast.

Crispy bacon is an accepted and appropriate standard for bacon thus it is not overcooked. (The sake is true for well-done steak but There Are Apparently Steak Rules)

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

A food being overcooked or undercooked is specific to that food anyway. A well-done chicken breast is not overcooked. Bread is not raw toast.

Crispy bacon is an accepted and appropriate standard for bacon thus it is not overcooked. (The sake is true for well-done steak but There Are Apparently Steak Rules)

I like my steak rare plus. That said, if you like your steak well done and smothered in ketchup, who am I to say it's "wrong?"

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Liking your steak well done is like liking your ice cream melted. It no longer embodies the characteristic it is known for.

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Easy Diff posted:

Liking your steak well done is like liking your ice cream melted. It no longer embodies the characteristic it is known for.

I've met people who like their ice cream melted.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

MightyJoe36 posted:

I don't think there is such a thing as liking a food a certain way being "objectively wrong."

Why are you replying to a post from over two years ago?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Honeythread big, yeah yeah yeah
It's not small, no no no

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

Tiggum posted:

Why are you replying to a post from over two years ago?

Got bored with the threads I was following and looked for some new ones.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

terrible answer

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Bread is 100% raw toast. :colbert:

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Tubgoat posted:

second

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Women only say that cargo shorts are unfashionable because they know that cargo shorts are the most practical and comfortable clothing, and they're jealous.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

It's not like it's been two years since the last YOU ARE COOKING YOUR FOOD WRONG discussion even if it's been two years since that particular post.

Toast is raw bread.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

docbeard posted:

Toast is raw bread.

I like my bread like I like my coffee...

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Gripweed posted:

Women only say that cargo shorts are unfashionable because they know that cargo shorts are the most practical and comfortable clothing, and they're jealous.

In fairness, it's probably because the main wearers of cargo shorts are goony goons or MRAs.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

There is nothing wrong with being unfashionable but there is nothing particularly right about it either.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tubgoat posted:

In fairness, it's probably because the main wearers of cargo shorts are goony goons or MRAs.

and yet wifebeaters aren't so negatively viewed

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Tubgoat posted:

But bread has already been cooked once, that's why it's not still dough.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

spit on my clit posted:

In my experience, women seem to have a slight preference for physical and emotional abuse to... whatever sort of abuse it is when one is stuck with a goon. :shrug:
Aggravated emotional abuse?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

spit on my clit posted:

You say that like a goon would be comfortable showing his pale, flabby arms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Tubgoat posted:

In my experience, women seem to have a slight preference for physical and emotional abuse to... whatever sort of abuse it is when one is stuck with a goon. :shrug:
Aggravated emotional abuse?

mental abuse to the point of being driven to suicide?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

You say that like a goon would be comfortable showing his pale, flabby arms.

if goons had shame, D&D wouldn't be terrible