Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Double posting like a shitlord.

Wow, people loving Hate Limbo. I literally did not banish anything or anyone and I was getting yelled at by some dude for freezing groups of enemies. gently caress me for CC'ing enemies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
You’re not just CCing them, it prevents bullets from hitting the enemy unless the shooter happens to be rifted too. So melee or ability kills only unless your teammates are quick reacting enough to use one of your dodge rift holes, if you’ve dodged recently. If you’re max range cataclysm and time stopping, be prepared for hate

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Raptor1033 posted:

You’re not just CCing them, it prevents bullets from hitting the enemy unless the shooter happens to be rifted too. So melee or ability kills only unless your teammates are quick reacting enough to use one of your dodge rift holes, if you’ve dodged recently. If you’re max range cataclysm and time stopping, be prepared for hate

That's actually what I thought he was pissed about, but I asked the others in the group after he left and asked. They said I wasn't blocking them. But yeah, it seems way too easy to be annoying with Limbo for the reasons you said.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
This is why I play Mesa, Limbo and Frost can’t block my 4 and prevent me from getting all the kills. :smug:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I spent a lot of time as Limbo Prime and I pretty much never used banish during that time unless it was inside a cataclysm. People tended to appreciate that cataclysm a lot more in survival/defense missions when they can all just huddle in the bubble and gun down time-stopped enemies but when we're just running around rushing through stages I wouldn't bother.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Lightning Knight posted:

This is why I play Mesa, Limbo and Frost can’t block my 4 and prevent me from getting all the kills. :smug:

I do love Mesa, just something to fun about going into John Woo mode and murdering everything (except boss enemies for some dumb reason).

Also, Mesa is my nickname already. So it makes sense.

Policenaut posted:

I spent a lot of time as Limbo Prime and I pretty much never used banish during that time unless it was inside a cataclysm. People tended to appreciate that cataclysm a lot more in survival/defense missions when they can all just huddle in the bubble and gun down time-stopped enemies but when we're just running around rushing through stages I wouldn't bother.

When used right, Limbo is a huge help to a team.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

It's great to see a Limbo or a Frost deny access to a target if you're in a mission where the enemies are actually challenging for the players in it. But it's also quite annoying to see a Frost plonk down a medium sized bubble over a target and go off to do something because once the enemies get inside it, you have to do more work to kill them.

It's Frosts I commonly find more annoying than Limbos to be honest. No need to put down bubbles on every target when they could be kill/freeze frames instead.

It's not the frames, it's the situation and the player.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

is there a clan for second-class citizen xbone havers? I see the discord link in the op but the channel is empty, maybe because I play in eutz and nobody's around.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

kecske posted:

is there a clan for second-class citizen xbone havers? I see the discord link in the op but the channel is empty, maybe because I play in eutz and nobody's around.

There's not a lot of us and I sort of play in spurts, I was recently playing a lot but now I've drifted away for a bit. If you'd like to just join the clan I'm in, which isn't strictly a goon clan but has goons in it, you could. The discord is low activity but if you ping me (LK713, also my gamertag) I'll help you out!

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I am really digging the Dark Split Sword but I feel like my mods can use some min-maxing. This is what I am using now. Any suggestions? On my Saryn it seems to be melting people, but that could just be because of Saryn...

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Mesadoram posted:

I am really digging the Dark Split Sword but I feel like my mods can use some min-maxing. This is what I am using now. Any suggestions? On my Saryn it seems to be melting people, but that could just be because of Saryn...

Don’t test melee weapons on Saryn.

Use corrosive instead of those elements, dump heat and cold and put Organ Shatter and Reach on. Get a better dual sword stance, Carving Mantis is rear end. Never use it as a heavy blade, also rear end.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Lightning Knight posted:

Don’t test melee weapons on Saryn.

Use corrosive instead of those elements, dump heat and cold and put Organ Shatter and Reach on. Get a better dual sword stance, Carving Mantis is rear end. Never use it as a heavy blade, also rear end.

Exactly what I needed to hear, thank you. Swirling Tiger good? Can't check right now to see what other dual wield stances I have...

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Mesadoram posted:

Exactly what I needed to hear, thank you. Swirling Tiger good? Can't check right now to see what other dual wield stances I have...

Swirling Tiger is fine, I think there’s one that comes from Plains too.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

I've a little bit more broad of an answer here.

What you're doing in this set up is stacking elemental damage and status chance. You've got blood rush and berserker in there to prop up crit chance and attack speed with the weapons' 25% base crit and that's a good choice, but you don't have a crit damage mod on to really sync up with that bonus crit chance. You aren't running Condition Overload (which is a mod with real dumb math giving you lots of bonus damage per every different status proc on an enemy) so you're mostly dealing with elemental damage that frequently crits for a little bit and procs gas, magnetic, or radiation status on enemies almost 60% of the time. You've also got Drifting Contact which is great, that combo duration extension is huge and the bonus status chance is always welcome.

One big draw back is that the weapon can't do slash procs, which pair really well with gas and viral. You also have an equal amount of magnetic damage on there and magnetic is kind of the worst damage type right now. It's good against shields and pretty bad against most everything else, and slash and toxin/gas procs just go through shields ignoring them entirely. If you instead buffed out the radiation or gas damage, or converted to corrosive damage, you'd be doing more damage through that alone, just do to enemy armor types and the shields/health thing. You could also replace one of those 60/60 mods with a pure 90% elemental damage mod and probably still be procing statuses left and right. You could drop another one, still have a combo'd element type and radiation, and slot in a crit damage mod to really make use of that Blood Rush mod. Really just toss in a crit damage mod and then probably reach, but you could also do more damage, fury for attack speed, condition overload or life strike once you get those, kind of your choice here really.

Basically, drop magnetic and toss some crit in there. Then you can do some nice damage with gas, corrosive, or radiation damage setups.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Lightning Knight posted:

Swirling Tiger is fine, I think there’s one that comes from Plains too.

The three stances are Crossing Snakes, Swirling Tiger and Carving Mantis.

Thank you for that detailed response. Didn't realize magnetic was in a bad place.

Condition Overload is one that I can't seem to get :smith:. I feel like a lot of potential builds are suffering because of this.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Apr 11, 2019

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"

kecske posted:

Yeah or ping me/add me at Norfball in the discord/game, I'm around too much with a stockpile of mods that I don't need and am also in the UK.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Are you sure Carving Mantis is bad? It feels pretty nice compared to Crossing Snakes. Swirling Tiger I don't really have an opinion on, feels kinda similar to mantis. I could just be high as poo poo or something.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Mesadoram posted:

Are you sure Carving Mantis is bad? It feels pretty nice compared to Crossing Snakes. Swirling Tiger I don't really have an opinion on, feels kinda similar to mantis. I could just be high as poo poo or something.

Crossing Snakes might be the bad one. Whichever one has an attack where you jump into the air and throw the weapons down is bad.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

IMO there are two ways that a stance can be good.

The most obvious is 'is it good or fun to use.' Do you like how that stuff feels? It's probably fine.

The other is the technical side. If you look at the wiki pages for stances you'll see that each one has different damage and status proc multipliers on them. Some hits in certain combos will just force a 300% damage slash proc because thats what the combo says happens. Others will have impact procs pepped all over the place for constant knockdowns.

Find one that does well by both of these standards and you've got yourself a keeper. Though honestly the first is usually good enough for me.

Since the darksplit sword was mentioned recently, i'm not actually sure if a weapon that can't do slash damage, for example, can proc that status at all. Maybe maybe not.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

FunkyFjord posted:

Since the darksplit sword was mentioned recently, i'm not actually sure if a weapon that can't do slash damage, for example, can proc that status at all. Maybe maybe not.

Some stances force proc slash, notably the rapier stance and the new two-handed nikana stance, regardless of weapon damage make up.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Lightning Knight posted:

Crossing Snakes might be the bad one. Whichever one has an attack where you jump into the air and throw the weapons down is bad.

That's crossing snakes. Name of the move is lacerating leaps, the wiki page is full of people bitching about it. Carving Mantis has a poo poo load of forced procs and damage multipliers.

Holy poo poo condition overload sells for a gently caress ton. Is there like no easy way to farm for it or something?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Mesadoram posted:

That's crossing snakes. Name of the move is lacerating leaps, the wiki page is full of people bitching about it. Carving Mantis has a poo poo load of forced procs and damage multipliers.

Holy poo poo condition overload sells for a gently caress ton. Is there like no easy way to farm for it or something?

Its like, a .02% drop from one specific enemy that only spawns in the grineer labs tileset on Uranus. Basically, if you're going to farm it you find a pilfering hydroid and a despoil nekros and hang around in Ophelia survival killing everything in sight as long as you can. Rinse and repeat until drop.

The upside to this strategy is you get a metric fuckload of plastid and polymer drops.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
For what it's worth, I got mine from the Uranus interception map. IIRC the cleaver unit guys spawn more rapidly on that particular mission type.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Vegastar posted:

The upside to this strategy is you get a metric fuckload of plastid and polymer drops.
Also a good chance of some Tellurium, since it's technically an (underwater) archwing level, so the enemies / containers have a chance of dropping it.

Also if CO drops for you on Ophelia, for the love of god waypoint it. I had a run a few months back where some scrote announced in team chat after we extracted that he'd found it about 10 minutes in. Nobody else got it. We were not happy

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Vegastar posted:

Its like, a .02% drop from one specific enemy that only spawns in the grineer labs tileset on Uranus. Basically, if you're going to farm it you find a pilfering hydroid and a despoil nekros and hang around in Ophelia survival killing everything in sight as long as you can. Rinse and repeat until drop.

Raptor1033 posted:

For what it's worth, I got mine from the Uranus interception map. IIRC the cleaver unit guys spawn more rapidly on that particular mission type.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Also a good chance of some Tellurium, since it's technically an (underwater) archwing level, so the enemies / containers have a chance of dropping it.

Also if CO drops for you on Ophelia, for the love of god waypoint it. I had a run a few months back where some scrote announced in team chat after we extracted that he'd found it about 10 minutes in. Nobody else got it. We were not happy

Well now. I think I know what I can do, get piss drunk and run those missions with Nekros. Thanks as always for the info.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Lightning Knight posted:

if you ping me (LK713, also my gamertag) I'll help you out!

NORTH-HALL posted:

Yeah or ping me/add me at Norfball

have added you, thanks!

I've started to feel more aware of the freemium aspect of the game, mostly from the way they drop a blueprint for something cool on you as a mission reward but unless you want to drop plat for materials from the market then good luck getting hold of them any time soon! I'm still waiting to be able to farm plastids as a planetary resource before I can finish a Rhino. A guy told me they sometimes appear as bounty rewards from plains activities but I keep forgetting to check.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
That’s less freemium and more segregating resources into themed zones which is something every loving game does. Farming bear asses for MMOs is a meme for a reason, and you pay a subscription fee for those.

poo poo I’m farming gold in Sekiro as we speak, video game tropes gonna trope.

Gegenwart
Nov 4, 2008
Could I get an invite to the PS4 clan? PSN is Gegenwart

I started playing a few weeks ago after bouncing off the Anthem beta, and it seems fun. The story content has been surprisingly engaging too.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

kecske posted:

have added you, thanks!

I've started to feel more aware of the freemium aspect of the game, mostly from the way they drop a blueprint for something cool on you as a mission reward but unless you want to drop plat for materials from the market then good luck getting hold of them any time soon! I'm still waiting to be able to farm plastids as a planetary resource before I can finish a Rhino. A guy told me they sometimes appear as bounty rewards from plains activities but I keep forgetting to check.

Bounty rewards are one place you could look, you can probably do the fist two bounties in cetus or fortuna even by yourself and you can almost certainly get carried through the others. Also you can have friends, clanmates, or random pubs taxi you to locations that drop the materials you need even if you don't have that area unlocked yet.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

I have a question on clan blueprints: Does everyone in the clan have access to them or do you need to reach a certain rank in the clan to purchase them? Reading the wiki and saw that some frame/weapon blueprints are only available via clan research, but when I hop into the goon dojo to look for them all I can find is the Orokin reseach lab. On PS4, if that matters.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
No clan rank requirements, not sure about MR lockouts though. All four labs are off the large main hall, two per side. There’s also a console with additional blueprints for the dragon keys but I forget precisely where that’s at. Engine room maybe?

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Thanks! This will sound dumb, but it never occurred to me to check the rooms off the main hall. I guess I thought that the teleporter would just have options for the different labs.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Anybody get the PoE sortie to work today? Tried it a few times and gave up.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
No, but they changed it, it's now an exterminate on Earth (non-PoE)

I got a 3-day affinity booster and just dumped over 700K credits on new weapons, which brings up a good point. loving get those MK-1 and credit weapons out of the way early. It sucks so bad to try to level an MK-1 Braton, when you have arbitrations unlocked (I am not taking MK-1s into arbitrations, but just giving a general content ceiling)

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wonder what happened, I distinctly remember doing a sortie on the plains before.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I've been seeing a metric gently caress ton of Mirage Prime players using this bad boy: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Synoid_Simulor

They are just nuking maps like its no ones business.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

So excited to nearly be done with Nightwave. I only have another 6200 points to go for the armour. I was looking at this week's list and thought it was going to be a ballache, when I realised there's no need to do all of them, just enough of the lesser ones that I can get the armour and finally be free.

It strikes me that I should not be feeling this way about what is supposed to be a reward system.

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I wonder how much Nightwave we have left. I've soloed all of it, but that meant missing out on 5000 point ones here and there, like sorties or this week's Index challenge. I'm so close though. I'm rank 28, but I'm going to need another week of it. I can't imagine how maddening it will be for people just within grasp of completion just to have it end. I mean, yeah, it'll be back, but that's so much progress.

edit: That said I'm not really negative on Nightwave. When I get everything done I can get done I almost miss having the goals it gives you. I feel a bit more aimless. As a 2 months in player it's also introduced me to a lot. Especially the open world bits. I wouldn't have discovered a lot of things without it.

Flubby fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Apr 16, 2019

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

So excited to nearly be done with Nightwave. I only have another 6200 points to go for the armour. I was looking at this week's list and thought it was going to be a ballache, when I realised there's no need to do all of them, just enough of the lesser ones that I can get the armour and finally be free.

It strikes me that I should not be feeling this way about what is supposed to be a reward system.

This is pretty much the easiest batch we’ve had? What says ballache to you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
The index one was a recipe for disappointment last time.