Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
Also the tits: https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/10834108156650141204

Lotta great imagery going on, some real freaky stuff and ONE Tats. 9.9/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Darkshine Imagining Tatsumaki with Abs is hilarious.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Sounds like a broken record at this point but holy gently caress does murata make saitama punches look like they bring the thunder, I mean jesus christ :magical:

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

skaianDestiny posted:

I mean the issue here is they aren't even giving it a chance. It's one thing to watch it and say "nah it's not my thing" and another to say "for arbitrary reasons I'm not giving it the time of day."

I did this with One Piece and "The art is ugly" for a long time

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
Translations out
Pec Pop

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
The King Engine is roaring-!

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Mmmmm things are happening

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The sooner Tatsumaki gets brought in on the big secret the better. The lady's one size away from being as skinny as Olive Oyl.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Superalloy Darkshine.

The only superpower here is how strong these muscles are that even he doesn't know what could break them.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
By the way before anyone says anything, Superalloy Darkshine isn't black. His dark skin is supposed to be that tanning oil that bodybuilders use.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

By the way before anyone says anything, Superalloy Darkshine isn't black. His dark skin is supposed to be that tanning oil that bodybuilders use.

Aw drat, it's Brock all over again.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

RatHat posted:

But does it explain away the facial features?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Parrotine posted:

He actually morphs into the features after bodybuilding...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That was some good rear end OPM. It had a bit of everything that makes OPM so good and I appreciate that a lot.

Especially my favourite boy KING

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Billzasilver posted:

:hai: I want to see murata fan art of literally every character in that movie

https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/1110920328081862657?s=19

Up to two!

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Parrotine posted:

So Piri-Piri-Prisoner isn't the only... awkward character from the mind of ONE. The facial features have the unfortunate property of being both close to that of blackface but also ONEs go-to 'ugly' features. (The 'ugly kid' hanging out with Garou has these same lips and nose.) It's not ideal and I'm expecting a lot of fall out if it's not revised in this version for race-baiting but I don't think it's as malicious as Piri. It's more that awkward "Powerful Black Man" things that Japan loves (see: Jason in Hajime no Ippo, Patrick Spencer in Eyeshield 21 and Semyon from Durarara!!!!!!?!) Makes me wonder how Get Out played in Japan...

Unrelated but Murata's Spiderverse fanart is wonderful.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RareAcumen posted:

Aw drat, it's Brock all over again.

wait what

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
That's a bit unforunate. Still a good chapter and good to see my favorite cape badly return for a bit.

Also

Wonder if Murata just had to put a cliffhanger cuz he ran out cuz it's sassy child. AS if those rocks will do anything. But the again probably prepping to show off a p bad rear end fight.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Apr 6, 2019

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
No, you don't understand, the End at the end means "End." That's where the comic ends. That's also why we got the cuts of all the characters you've come to know and love, it's the last time we ever see them.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Brock's not black, he's just got a tan compared to most other characters is all.

Gologle posted:

No, you don't understand, the End at the end means "End." That's where the comic ends. That's also why we got the cuts of all the characters you've come to know and love, it's the last time we ever see them.

The story then shifts to focus on Tank Top Master, Metal Bat, Watchdog Man, Glasses, and the mysterious Blast working to keep the peace with their forces diminished.

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

I sure would like it if Tatsumaki didn't wear skin tight dresses. Feels like I'm going on some fbi list every time she shows up.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
How old was she again? 29 or something?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

How old was she again? 29 or something?

28 back in chapter 44. So, around there, yeah. Same age as Mob Psycho's most powerful psychic, Reigen Arataka.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
On the other hand, Fubuki should wear more form fitting dresses.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
I personally enjoy the fact that Murata is a skilled enough artist to clearly draw Tatsumaki as a grown woman with dwarfism rather than just doing the '1000 year old demon' route.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Yeah, an inferior artist would probably not convey "she's just short" so clearly.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
It looks exactly like the stupid 1000 year old demon thing, just drawn by Murata.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
She's just a short adult.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's extremely difficult to draw short people. I hear Murata is the only person to have successfully done it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Murata should've outsourced all the Tatsumaki drawings to Araki 27 years ago.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I feel that the task of drawing short people would be made easier by drawing some short clothes on top of them.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Tatsumaki showing up as ONE draws her will never not be hilarious to me. It's one of my favorite gags in the anime.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

Jimbot posted:

Tatsumaki showing up as ONE draws her will never not be hilarious to me. It's one of my favorite gags in the anime.

Extremely detailed art juxtaposed with extremely simple art is a good combo.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Gologle posted:

Well if it's the characters I've come to know and love, who is in panel 3 with Zombieman, Pig God, Piri Piri, and Flashy Flash?

Oh wait, is that Hobo God from the Cadre?

Also lol Genos washes dishes while in full Cyber Demon mode.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Genos is a hero

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.

Jimbot posted:

I assumed it was intentional in the same way Saitamas art changes when he gets serious.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So apparently season 2 started since youtube recommended me this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVvK9FQkVhI

Did anyone check it out? It's on Hulu.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

Checked it out, first episode was fine.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

So far it doesn't look totally miserable.

Disclaimer: I am in no way an expert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Worth mentioning that judging by the first through third episodes would be pretty shaky as animation quality tends to peak there then dip off afterward