Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

MorgaineDax posted:

Or it's just the S from the Slayer logo which would match the obvious Metallica M he had the day before.

His flag on LearnedLeague has his name spelled out with letters from band logos, he'll probably use each of these: https://learnedleague.com/profiles.php?holzhauerj

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Spraynard Kruger posted:

His flag on LearnedLeague has his name spelled out with letters from band logos, he'll probably use each of these: https://learnedleague.com/profiles.php?holzhauerj
which would be Judas Priest, Anthrax, and Exodus respectively

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
Hahaha, oh my god today's episode. I hope he stays forever. Both for his amazing skills and how much he upsets people for some reason.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Why does an incredible player have to be such a tremendous douche

Congrats on taking down Roger Craig's record I guess. I'd hoped to be happier for whoever did it.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Anyone else doing the test tonight?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I'm probably never going to be able to beat the online test unfortunately.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I took the practice test and got 22/30, which is probably not good enough. I used to try a bunch back in college, but this is my first go in a long while.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Taking it tomorrow.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

What's usually the score that gets you in the audition pool?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Teddybear posted:

What's usually the score that gets you in the audition pool?

35 or 40/50. Never been confirmed, but that’s the general consensus.

zakharov posted:

Why does an incredible player have to be such a tremendous douche

Congrats on taking down Roger Craig's record I guess. I'd hoped to be happier for whoever did it.

Yeah, same.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Not bad, but I'm way too rusty. I know I got 39-40 correct, and I know I got 4-5 wrong, so I'm probably in the low 40s.

ColonelCurmudgeon
May 2, 2005

Shall I give thee the groat now?
Hooray! 35-37 again! Just enough to ensure being below the cut line!

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I have no memory of any of the questions. I fell over a bunch on that. Does anybody know if someone'll post a list of them somewhere so I can go back and see how I did?

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe
I think I got 40ish. Does someone post the answers somewhere?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I'm fairly certain that I got at least 30, and I might've pushed up to like 40. But I'm hyperfocusing on the things I know I got wrong.

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Teddybear posted:

I'm fairly certain that I got at least 30, and I might've pushed up to like 40. But I'm hyperfocusing on the things I know I got wrong.

That's only natural. I'm beating myself up badly over forgetting the name of the most famous museum in Spain, and not congratulating myself for getting at least 40 right.

And yeah, people- usually on the official boards- will have a full question/answer list Soon. Might already.

edit: Here's the answer list. Looks like I was at 42 or 43 depending on if they accept "Hansbury" for Raisin in the Sun. https://jboard.tv/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5140

edit 2: balls, I put family instead of class on the taxonomy question too, one fewer than I thoguht. Should be safe though

Mukaikubo fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 10, 2019

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Mukaikubo posted:

That's only natural. I'm beating myself up badly over forgetting the name of the most famous museum in Spain, and not congratulating myself for getting at least 40 right.

And yeah, people- usually on the official boards- will have a full question/answer list Soon. Might already.

edit: Here's the answer list. Looks like I was at 43 or 44 depending on if they accept "Hansbury" for Raisin in the Sun. https://jboard.tv/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5140

Yeah, I was 33, maybe 34. Out of the running for sure. Ah well.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

About 36, better than my first impression which was that was the hardest of these I've ever gotten

homeless guy
Feb 23, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
that $110000 game was one of the most impressive things I've ever seen.

If I were on Jeopardy! I'd have to make up fake stories for my interview too. How many people actually have interesting things happen in their life?

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

40/50 playing from YouTube. Ready for the real thing tomorrow.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Some random questions for anyone who's been a contestant:

If you get the call to come to the studio for a taping, it's not a guarantee you'll be a contestant on the show. But if you don't get to be a contestant, are you basically just... out the cost of the round trip ticket + lodging?

After a show, when Alex walks over to shake everyone's hands and chat about how the game went, is the theme music & applause really happening at that point, or is it quiet while everyone listens to the conversation?

From what I've read, people in the contestant pool are part of the studio audience while other contestants play the game. Does this mean people potentially get to ask Alex random questions before he interviews them later on?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

- pretty sure anyone who’s called to come out except the local alternate is guaranteed to play

- i think there’s music playing? i can’t remember. the conversation is solely between alex and the contestants

- contestants waiting to play sit in a cordoned-off section. i don’t see why they can’t ask questions too

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Abel Wingnut posted:

- pretty sure anyone who’s called to come out except the local alternate is guaranteed to play

- i think there’s music playing? i can’t remember. the conversation is solely between alex and the contestants

- contestants waiting to play sit in a cordoned-off section. i don’t see why they can’t ask questions too

This squares with my recollection as well, save for probably Alex not taking audience questions from the contestant pool to prevent anything that seems untowards and might trip Sullivan Compliance, which is there to make sure the game show runs fairly. He probably knows better than that.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Apr 10, 2019

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

GhostStalker posted:

This squares with my recollection as well, save for probably Alex not taking audience questions from the contestant pool to prevent anything that seems untowards and might trip Sullivan Compliance, which is there to make sure the game show runs fairly. He probably knows better than that.

Yup, and contestants are not going to risk their potential jeopardy winnings by asking Alex some dumb question, not to mention it’s super nerve racking for most contestants and guests sitting through the games before your own. After being there, outside of the luck of whom you draw I think the best day to go on is Tuesday: second game of the day so you are more awake, and you got to see a full game live so it kind of gets your head in the game.

I think Alex did make some comment at our taping just towards the contestant guest pool, but it wasn’t answering a question.

Oh, on the guest end, man they’re really nice, but very clear on stuff like not having cameras or phones out, and don’t talks to the contestants (even you’re own). It’s literally a “don’t ruin their day and get them disqualified because you took a picture or talked to them.” (After they’re on if the contestant chooses to stay and watch, then you can talk to them).

It’s a great day, but def a lot of nerves.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Duckman2008 posted:

Yup, and contestants are not going to risk their potential jeopardy winnings by asking Alex some dumb question, not to mention it’s super nerve racking for most contestants and guests sitting through the games before your own. After being there, outside of the luck of whom you draw I think the best day to go on is Tuesday: second game of the day so you are more awake, and you got to see a full game live so it kind of gets your head in the game.

I think Alex did make some comment at our taping just towards the contestant guest pool, but it wasn’t answering a question.

Oh, on the guest end, man they’re really nice, but very clear on stuff like not having cameras or phones out, and don’t talks to the contestants (even you’re own). It’s literally a “don’t ruin their day and get them disqualified because you took a picture or talked to them.” (After they’re on if the contestant chooses to stay and watch, then you can talk to them).

It’s a great day, but def a lot of nerves.

it was the best and worst day of my life

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
My coworker went to a taping for a show airing in early May and I desperately want to ask if James was still there

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Last night you could see the exact moment the other two contestants realized there was no hope for them.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

My coworker went to a taping for a show airing in early May and I desperately want to ask if James was still there

God I hope not. And he’s good, but he’s going to keep going for doubles, and eventually law of averages says he will get one wrong.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

I'm cheering for sooner rather than later.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer
FYI his website def got feedback, it changed from “opponents humbled” to “worthy adversaries defeated.”

Yeah, gently caress off.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Honestly? It's still a bit of an rear end in a top hat thing to do, but if you play a $110,000 game, I think you earn the right to be cocky about it.

I mean, gently caress me, that's really impressive.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I wanted to try to take the online test but the jeopardy website won't let me register.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Ugh I got like five minutes of hope when he boned a not outrageously hard Double and the lady looked like she knew what she was doing, playing for big clues too but alas

Didn't seem to be invincible on the buzzer today.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Boy I sure hosed up that test by golly

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Ok I got 38/50. Not my best, not my worst. Here's hoping.

Answers are here: https://jboard.tv/viewforum.php?f=1

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
If any of you need a reference I still have one. I have to dig out the instructions, but PM me if you think you did well enough to get an audition.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Why can't I register for this drat test?!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zakharov posted:

Ok I got 38/50. Not my best, not my worst. Here's hoping.

Answers are here: https://jboard.tv/viewforum.php?f=1

18 for me, I got a hell of a lot dumber since last year :negative:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
going by the answers for the 9th, assuming I missed it for any answer that seemed unfamiliar, I think I got 40.

of course, that’s all depending on whether or not I get called for an in-person, which hasn’t happened yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

Everyone from the NYC area, including me, is melting down about the test question that claimed sherry and scary rhyme. They absolutely do not if you are in this area.