Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonster
Mar 3, 2007

Keep rolling, rolling
Ummm....

Taiwan doctor finds four sweat bees living inside woman's eye

My eyes sting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer

I'm sorry but sweat bees? Nature should stop making insects.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

80kgs of watery human flashing into steam in your crucible probably is not good times at the foundry. Not like they're gonna dig the body out and perform an autopsy at that point so as a body disposal method it works. Unless the smell tips the workers off and they find it pre-crucible maybe?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

dovetaile posted:

Look sometimes God just gets in one of those moods and just starts spamming weird new variations.

Sweat Bees
Laser Cats
Magma Wolves

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

dovetaile posted:

Needs some sweet bees instead. That would have been much better.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

christmas boots posted:

Look sometimes God just gets in one of those moods and just starts spamming weird new variations.

Sweat Bees
Laser Cats
Magma Wolves

Those sound like either really good or really bad 80's metal groups.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Aleph Null posted:

Needs some sweet bees instead. That would have been much better.

that's honey bees, beavis

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Those sweat bees need to be renamed cuck bees and nourished entirely on liberal tears. You could sell them as pets for chuds at a huge markup.

NiceGuy
Dec 13, 2006

This is my BOOMSTICK
College Slice
"I never thought sweat bees would sting my eyes" says the woman who bought pet bees to own the libs :cry:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

christmas boots posted:

Sweat Bees
Laser Cats
Magma Wolves

They sound like starting area enemies in a really uninspired Diablo clone and then by the time you make it to the lava level they've turned into Legendary Sweat Bees that crawl into your eyes

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Phlegmish posted:

They sound like starting area enemies in a really uninspired Diablo clone and then by the time you make it to the lava level they've turned into Legendary Sweat Bees that crawl into your eyes

Corrupted Legendary Hellforged Magma Wolves

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

christmas boots posted:

Corrupted Legendary Hellforged Magma Wolves

had like seven of them fuckers land right in my eye, once. went through most of a bottle of eye drops in like ten minutes before I thought to direct their attention to a brightly colored tennis ball nearby

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop
Sweat bees? In my eye?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

InediblePenguin posted:

Sprangler, who also bought the SweetHearts and Canada Mints rights and equipment.

It was weird not having SweetHearts on Valentine’s Day this year. I’m glad they’re coming back!

Necco Wafers and Canada Mints, whatever. Chalky.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

GIANT OUIJA BOARD posted:

Sweat bees? In my eye?

It's more likely than you think.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

AlbieQuirky posted:

It was weird not having SweetHearts on Valentine’s Day this year. I’m glad they’re coming back!

Necco Wafers and Canada Mints, whatever. Chalky.

Are you saying sweethearts aren't chalky?!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Brawnfire posted:

Are you saying sweethearts aren't chalky?!

Yes, but they say ridiculous poo poo like TEXT ME and HOT BABY on them.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SweeTarts are still the superior chalky candy choice. Well, those or an entire bag of Smarties.

GelatinSkeleton
May 31, 2013

Necco wafers are good.

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
The most unnerving part is all these lovely candy opinions.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

GelatinSkeleton posted:

Necco wafers are good.

Who hurt you, GelatinSkeleton?

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

GelatinSkeleton posted:

Necco wafers are good.

Seconded.
Also those raspberry/blackberry gumdops with the hard candy outside.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Azathoth posted:

Who hurt you, GelatinSkeleton?

presumably whoever turned their skeleton into gelatin

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Doctor_Acula posted:

Seconded.

Oh my God those and french peanuts are my favorite.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Doctor_Acula posted:

Seconded.

holy poo poo i love those things

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

dovetaile posted:

It's alright, we're doing it for 'em.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

christmas boots posted:

Sweat Bees
Laser Cats
Magma Wolves

These are all also Space Marine chapters in 40k

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I thought of battletech clans first myself :v:

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

I'd never experienced sweatbees until a few years ago and they're the least annoying flying insect until they shack up in your tear ducts or whatever. They're just kinda tingly. Compare with, like, horseflies; flies aren't supposed to hurt, but they sure as gently caress do.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Horseflies are goddamn terrifying.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

GelatinSkeleton posted:

Necco wafers are good.

Agreed, jelly ones... I'm especially fond of the chocolate ones. Yeah, that's right everybody.

aphid_licker posted:

There is an entire summer of swim camp I literally cannot remember because the only thing that stands out in my mind was the giant horsefly that lived in the dressing room shack and would land on me.

Brawnfire has a new favorite as of 13:45 on Apr 11, 2019

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

aphid_licker posted:

I've considered moving to Greenland just so I wouldn't have to encounter these things ever again.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

When I was a kid I was down the shore with a friend of mine's family who had rented a beach house. There was an outdoor shower so you could get rid of all of the sand, but it also came in handy if you just needed a quick shower.

So I was showering outside and a horsefly started buzzing around my junk and I ended up punching myself in the nuts trying to shoo it away.

I hate horseflies.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

AFewBricksShy posted:

When I was a kid I was down the shore with a friend of mine's family who had rented a beach house. There was an outdoor shower so you could get rid of all of the sand, but it also came in handy if you just needed a quick shower.

So I was showering outside and a horsefly started buzzing around my junk and I ended up punching myself in the nuts trying to shoo it away.

I hate horseflies.

Unforced error. Can’t attribute this to the horsefly.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Unforced error. Can’t attribute this to the horsefly.

Watch me!

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

AFewBricksShy posted:

I hate horseflies.

something similar happened to me once, when i was day drinking one happy summer and pissing in my yard and then a giant asian hornet which had another bee in its mouth, that it was eating landed on my shorts an inch from my penis. i screamed and slapped myself in the dick + balls and got piss all over my hand. the bee just flew away unfazed

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

luxury handset posted:

something similar happened to me once, when i was day drinking one happy summer and pissing in my yard and then a giant asian hornet which had another bee in its mouth, that it was eating landed on my shorts an inch from my penis. i screamed and slapped myself in the dick + balls and got piss all over my hand. the bee just flew away unfazed

You must’ve pissed him off

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Solice Kirsk posted:

I've considered moving to Greenland just so I wouldn't have to encounter these things ever again.
North Dakota doesn't have horseflies OR roaches.

If you can handle a whole lot of flat terrain and conservative white people, I highly recommend it.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

luxury handset posted:

No one ever really talks about it but most insects would probably have a hard time passing the dining portion of etiquette school

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Just came across this again. I can never decide if it depressing, hilarious, or just pathetic.

https://genius.com/David-foster-wallace-big-red-son-annotated#note-1985826