Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
dont worry theres an app for that

http://bl2skills.com/gunzerker.html#000000000000000000000000000000000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Nah I mean with gear and class mods n poo poo.

RossMan4Life
Dec 18, 2002

by R. Guyovich

Elephant Ambush posted:

Post broken BL2 UHVM builds tia.

I recall having a Funzerker that could stay in dual-wield mode almost indefinitely and had a ridiculously short cooldown in between activations but I'm not at home right now to load him up and take a pic.

Sham shield (up to 94% absorb from Bunker) plus Norfleet or Topnea (enormous explosion rocket launcher from raid boss / purple random drop "equivalent") on any class. If you manage to run yourself out of rockets shoot your feet with a Logan's Gun (pistol that has "rocket" ammo from Wilhelm). This is supposed to be broken as hell. Gaige is supposed to be the best at "shamfleeting" because of Anarchy and her plethora of shield skills.

Considering I started a mecromancer to aim less and AFK while my pet killed stuff, this might be the best way to avoid effort, past the farming that is. I'm ok with cheesing the game because my Zero got dropped like a sack of potatoes when I stepped into UHVM. poo poo is crazy if you're not geared.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

RossMan4Life posted:

Sham shield (up to 94% absorb from Bunker) plus Norfleet or Topnea (enormous explosion rocket launcher from raid boss / purple random drop "equivalent") on any class. If you manage to run yourself out of rockets shoot your feet with a Logan's Gun (pistol that has "rocket" ammo from Wilhelm). This is supposed to be broken as hell. Gaige is supposed to be the best at "shamfleeting" because of Anarchy and her plethora of shield skills.

Considering I started a mecromancer to aim less and AFK while my pet killed stuff, this might be the best way to avoid effort, past the farming that is. I'm ok with cheesing the game because my Zero got dropped like a sack of potatoes when I stepped into UHVM. poo poo is crazy if you're not geared.

That's what I'm talking about. More stuff like this.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

General knoxx is a treasure and I am sad i must kill him tomorrow.

side_burned
Nov 3, 2004

My mother is a fish.

Vadoc posted:

I think I died about 100+ times to that loving jet because my weapons were basically poo poo, nothing good would drop to replace them, and that entire fight is loving bullshit.

Its beating a dead horse to say BL2's drop rates are awful. I honestly I like the game but once I realized I had played last quarter of base game and 2.5 DLCs with same two assault rifles I realized how flawed the game was. There are so many legitimate criticisms to make about these games and yet Steam tells me I've played close to 60 hour of it.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Speaking of B2, what is the preferred order to play? I got my characters loaded with a 72 and a 36 but I forget the progression, is it Normal to True to Ultimate to OP?

RossMan4Life
Dec 18, 2002

by R. Guyovich

^burtle posted:

Speaking of B2, what is the preferred order to play? I got my characters loaded with a 72 and a 36 but I forget the progression, is it Normal to True to Ultimate to OP?

Yes. Op8 is the top. Enemies continue to level, but many class abilities don't scale appropriately so lots of classes can start getting railroaded to particular build or require specific gear for some builds to remain functional. Additionally, the difference between gear of 2 different levels becomes more substantial.

I've only got two 52s though, so what I've parroted might be up for debate. A lot of resources are harder to find as the Gearbox forums were apparently changed since the launch and there were some big changes in some patches that came later. Subsequently, there's a lot of out of date info that's more readily available.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I took a Kreig up to OP1, maybe OP2, before I quit playing a yearish ago.

Digistruct Peak is bananas, but it was weird going back to the L50 raid bosses and laughing off the attacks as you murdered them in cold blood.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

side_burned posted:

Its beating a dead horse to say BL2's drop rates are awful. I honestly I like the game but once I realized I had played last quarter of base game and 2.5 DLCs with same two assault rifles I realized how flawed the game was. There are so many legitimate criticisms to make about these games and yet Steam tells me I've played close to 60 hour of it.

While you’re not wrong, I found it hilarious that on starting a new play through last night, the VERY FIRST BOSS (Knuckledragger) dropped a legendary (Dahl Hornet) for me. I’m still using that sucker at level 8, because the rest of the drops have been woeful.

No loot table editing in effect (because they don’t even work until you beat Flynt and get to the next area).

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
The first time I played through BL2 after it came out I got Bewm Boom's legendary (Bonus Package, the double MIRV grenade), used it for what felt like forever, and it was my only legendary drop for the entire playthrough.

It's a really great grenade mod, and I've never seen it drop since :v:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I found Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode easier than the middle difficulty because it's so much easier to find level appropriate weapons when everything is scaled to your level.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

orcane posted:

The first time I played through BL2 after it came out I got Bewm Boom's legendary (Bonus Package, the double MIRV grenade), used it for what felt like forever, and it was my only legendary drop for the entire playthrough.

That's the only legendary drop I've ever seen, which I chalk up to the fact it can drop from either Bewm or Boom.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I got that grenade mod on first playthrough as well, its a really good and funny legendary mod. Even if it can kill you dead close quarters a longbow one is so fun.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Grimey Drawer

orcane posted:

I got this on my first run too. It's pretty rad and I killed myself a bunch of times because you can clear a room and put yourself into fight for your life simultaneously.

When I learned about the fastball though, I went farming.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I was doing the "Ghosts of the Vault" quest for Tannis and when I killed the big one of the three guardians it dropped a crazy 228 damage Detonating Cobra legendary sniper rifle. This thing killed Mad Mel in his vehicle in 4 shots, all the other vehicles in that fight in 1 shot each and killed Mothrakk in 4 shots during "Like A Moth To Flame". :aaaaa:

I'm guessing it's going to be one of those weapons that stick around for 10 levels or so.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I'm having pretty good luck with legendaries in my recent BL2 playthrough, gotten 6 already and I'm about halfway through. Just about to do the wildlife preserve mission. If I ever get bored of the current weapons I have and nothing particularly cool has dropped, can always go and use a golden key as well. Got hundreds of them at this point.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
I wonder if they changed vending machines at all in BL1 because I'm up to Crazy Earl and I've gotten 5 legendaries from them, including the new gearbox brand launcher.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I am having more fun with my maya after stacking insane levels of life regen. Wen I die is because I was trying to rez somebody in a bad spot. I am not having much luck with drops ( everything is white or green ) but getting a long mileage from what I got.

One of my shotguns feel like get more accurate the more I shot. Is nice to have a snipershotgun.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

What is going to be the best use of these free golden keys? Pop it em on my highest level hero? Just use them whenever I need to upgrade whoever I'm leveling at the moment?

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

^burtle posted:

What is going to be the best use of these free golden keys? Pop it em on my highest level hero? Just use them whenever I need to upgrade whoever I'm leveling at the moment?

Use them whenever and then cheatengine free keys if you really need them later?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Can you cheat engine keys for PS4?

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

^burtle posted:

Collect them forever and never actually use them.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Fan question Randy P replied to, as per reddit:

EDIT: Looking like this was fake, sorry for believing everything that I read on the internet :(

quote:

Q:
So Randy, concerning Fl4k the Beastmaster. He strikes parallels with Mordecai who possessed an affinity with a creature not unlike Gaige the Mechromancer with her robotic companion DEATHTRAP. What have you learned from these characters to evolve the master & beast archetype for Borderlands 3?

quote:

A:
A very good question.

One day I was walking my pet laberdoodle I dubbed "Puuke". While on our peaceful walk through a cold dewy park one morning I observed Puuke digesting particular blades of grass, that to me, he found delicious. I wondered what made these specific blades of grass delectable among the field we walked upon. Was Puuke simply selecting these blades at random? Did Puuke pick up on a specific smell or sense that this blade was most nutrient based? Well - I never found my answer. But it did give me an idea.

The game designer in me could only wonder how I could translate this phenomena into an interesting characteristic for the SKAG companion FL4K will befriend in our upcoming game. Thus the "puke" mechanic was born. Your pet skag will be able to consume objects and enemies alike that he/she finds scrumptious and later on puke a special pile of crap for you to rummage through. I thought this was pretty neat because throughout borderlands 1 and 2 you often stumble upon these piles of refuse that skags leave behind near their lairs or where they have passed through. Now you will be able to see in live action how these piles are made. And yes - you will be able to upgrade this skill for a higher chance of rarer loot and supplies, similiar to Bloodwing's ability in the original Borderlands.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Apr 12, 2019

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

^burtle posted:

use them whenever your gear feels anemic. they're basically useless on a character that is farming out best-in-slot gear because they're capped at purple/e-tech.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I can't even bring myself to read all of this. Who the gently caress talks like that.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Cease to Hope posted:

use them whenever your gear feels anemic. they're basically useless on a character that is farming out best-in-slot gear because they're capped at purple/e-tech.

Ah right, okay I forgot that they're capped.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Sab669 posted:

I can't even bring myself to read all of this. Who the gently caress talks like that.

Verily, forsooth puke.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Sab669 posted:

I'm picturing him doing that reply right after snorting a line of coke off a prostitute's rear end and laughing all the while.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
You forgot after showing her his favorite magic trick.

Doomy
Oct 19, 2004

I started a new BL2 as Maya when the HD textures were released, I had forgotten by lvl17 how lovely the drops were so I booted up cheatengine and gibbed to fill my inventory with legendary/purple gear. It got too easy so then spoofed the game to increase the number of enemies for 4 player coop even though I'm soloing. :blastu::hellyeah:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

What exactly is Cheat Engine / How does it work? I [obviously] never used it way back when these games first came out. Like can you just give yourself specific legendaries, or does it just give you a random item of the specified rarity, or do you just put the stats you want on something in your inventory already? At work so I can't just download it and try for myself...

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Sab669 posted:

What exactly is Cheat Engine / How does it work? I [obviously] never used it way back when these games first came out. Like can you just give yourself specific legendaries, or does it just give you a random item of the specified rarity, or do you just put the stats you want on something in your inventory already? At work so I can't just download it and try for myself...

Youtube: cheat engine borderlands 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kkJ5E8aGpY&t=182s

People without self control don't use this or you might spoil this game forever. Minor sandbox tweaks are a-ok

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Sab669 posted:

It's like one of those food blogs where you end up skimming like 18 paragraphs of BS about their kids, their SUV, something about a school play, someone in the family died, yadda yadda, oh and here's the recipe: just add some spices to boxed mac & cheese or whatever. It's always underwhelming and I wonder why I didn't ask my mom instead.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Risky Bisquick posted:

Youtube: cheat engine borderlands 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kkJ5E8aGpY&t=182s

People without self control don't use this or you might spoil this game forever. Minor sandbox tweaks are a-ok

Youtube blocked here as well :v:

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

It's like one of those food blogs where you end up skimming like 18 paragraphs of BS about their kids, their SUV, something about a school play, someone in the family died, yadda yadda, oh and here's the recipe: just add some spices to boxed mac & cheese or whatever. It's always underwhelming and I wonder why I didn't ask my mom instead.

I mean, I don't mind him elaborating on how he came up with the idea. It's the "I wondered what made these specific blades of grass delectable among the field we walked upon." that just reads like /r/iamverysmart :psyduck: Tries to sound like it was some profound thought rather than just, "wtf is my dumbass dog doing"

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Otacon posted:

Fan question Randy P replied to, as per reddit:

A:
A very good question.

One day I was walking my pet laberdoodle I dubbed "Puuke". While on our peaceful walk through a cold dewy park one morning I observed Puuke digesting particular blades of grass, that to me, he found delicious. I wondered what made these specific blades of grass delectable among the field we walked upon. Was Puuke simply selecting these blades at random? Did Puuke pick up on a specific smell or sense that this blade was most nutrient based? Well - I never found my answer. But it did give me an idea.

The game designer in me could only wonder how I could translate this phenomena into an interesting characteristic for the SKAG companion FL4K will befriend in our upcoming game. Thus the "puke" mechanic was born. Your pet skag will be able to consume objects and enemies alike that he/she finds scrumptious and later on puke a special pile of crap for you to rummage through. I thought this was pretty neat because throughout borderlands 1 and 2 you often stumble upon these piles of refuse that skags leave behind near their lairs or where they have passed through. Now you will be able to see in live action how these piles are made. And yes - you will be able to upgrade this skill for a higher chance of rarer loot and supplies, similiar to Bloodwing's ability in the original Borderlands.

• Remember BL1 where Bloodwing could drop loot?
  • Remember how skag/bullymong piles had loot?
  • Remember how Butt Stallion pooped loot?
  • Remember how Kirby swallows enemies? we would never steal another games concepts at gearbox software

Have I got news, we are rehashing the same mechanic, but in a new engine.

Sab669 posted:

Youtube blocked here as well :v:

I mean, I don't mind him elaborating on how he came up with the idea. It's the "I wondered what made these specific blades of grass delectable among the field we walked upon." that just reads like /r/iamverysmart :psyduck: Tries to sound like it was some profound thought rather than just, "wtf is my dumbass dog doing"

So Cheat Engine is the software, and you run 'tables/trainers' which are essentially profiles tailored to a specific game. Load the game, run the table (which loads into cheat engine and it should work, ymmv)

There are many check boxes that let you select different things [on/off] whether it be traditional IDDQD or unlimited ammo kind of things, or what have you. Borderlands 2 cheat engine table is very advanced, you can spawn enemies at will, improve evolution to be guaranteed for varkids, you can replace all standard enemy spawns on your current map with chubby versions, you can arbitrarily set targets health to 1 with a hotkey press, whatever. Also loot tables, drop rates, keys, etc,etc,etc. Did I mention it is very advanced?

I can't seem to find the original post about it with the entire feature set parsed out, but it was a community effort where everyone shared their own hacks and they made this gigantic master list. One guy seems to host it now, and has a couple links to download the latest file from.

Risky Bisquick fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 12, 2019

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Lol dogs eat grass because they have eaten something that's upset their stomachs and they want to throw up. It's funny to me that Randy reached puking as a mechanic in some roundabout way instead of knowing his dog was sick and going from there

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Someone please tell me theres a mod for bl1 with fast travel in the DLC.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Sorry guys, I guess I've been bamboozled

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Otacon posted:

Sorry guys, I guess I've been bamboozled

lol