Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

teagone posted:

There was a thread on Reddit a while back that posed the idea that if you swapped the leads of Passenger (Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence) with the leads in Valerian, both films would have been way more entertaining. I agree with that. Both movies were terribly miscast. Dane DeHaan is not an action hero; he's better at playing the socially awkward weirdo, and Jennifer Lawrence as the sassy secret agent type would have been way more convincing than Cara Delevinge.

This sounds insanely horrendous, lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Passengers issue wasn’t the cast it was the whole loving story. Also it was originally was going to be a Keanu Reeves movie and be more of a psychological horror without a female co-star I think.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

I said come in! posted:

I like the second gif but I am disappointed it doesnt continue to have Marges hair flip because that animation looks cool and is funny.

That's basically the problem with a lot of modern animation-it's much cleaner, thanks in part to how even traditional animation is mostly done on computers instead of paper, but it's far more sterile.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Passengers issue wasn’t the cast it was the whole loving story. Also it was originally was going to be a Keanu Reeves movie and be more of a psychological horror without a female co-star I think.

Someone here mentioned it last time it was discussed, but Passengers would have worked a lot better as a horror story from the perspective of Lawrence’s character that builds up to the revelation that there was no technical error and Pratt released her intentionally.

Then again, that’s basically rewriting the entire movie.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adzYW5DZoWs

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Now there's a star war..
https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1116749912983707650

efb

clown shoes fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Apr 12, 2019

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
wow what a dumb title

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Don't really love what seems like post-TLJ course-correction but still looks fun

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
No matter how much I'm eventually disappointed, I always get hyped at the trailers.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Cool so Disney decided that none of that “leave the past behind” poo poo from TLJ matters anymore so it’s just back to Skywalker and Palpatine junk. I’ve actually really liked both past entries in the new trilogy but this one immediately feels like a step back to me and giving up on the whole “we can have new adventures” thing set up in the last one. Oh well.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Are they bringing back the emperor???

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
If the new film doesn't end with Luke and Vader's force ghosts tag-teaming Palp in the ruins of the second death star while Rey and Kylo fight a duel to the death, I'm gonna riot.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Syncopated posted:

Are they bringing back the emperor???

Yes, but we don't know anything about his role in the film.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That flip was a pretty great shot to go into the date card with.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Well, that's a bizarre title, unless it's meant as some kind chud-concession signal.

I feel like that tagline might as well get its own lmao-style abbreviation by now. eghal.

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003
We all predicted that JJ would find a way to put Death Star IV in his movie. Congrats JJ

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Yay, can't wait for an incredibly safe Return of the Jedi reboot with Abrams at the helm, I wonder what the ewok replacements will be. :sigh:

Disappointing trilogy as a whole, not even sure what the point of it was now.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Deakul posted:

Yay, can't wait for an incredibly safe Return of the Jedi reboot with Abrams at the helm, I wonder what the ewok replacements will be. :sigh:

Disappointing trilogy as a whole, not even sure what the point of it was now.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Speaking of Disney remakes

https://mobile.twitter.com/getFANDOM/status/1116474320484593664

Daddy Thanos
Mar 28, 2019

by R. Guyovich

Jesus loving Christ I thought this was satire

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Disney will never make an original movie again while also continue breaking all box office records.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

We also have

Mulan
Hunchback
Lilo and Stitch
2 Snow White Movies
Sword in the stone
Pinocchio
Little Mermaid
Peter Pan
Tinker bell
Prince Charming
The Black Cauldron
Cruella
Malificent 2

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:

Woof

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

davidspackage posted:

Well, that's a bizarre title, unless it's meant as some kind chud-concession signal.

I feel like that tagline might as well get its own lmao-style abbreviation by now. eghal.

I'm getting the feeling that perhaps the legend of Skywalker is going to become synonymous with Jedi and possibly replace the name. I'm all for more of Rey kicking rear end.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Goddammit Disney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqTjKhYh4fs

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

I really want to know who, exactly, was clamoring for a Lady and the Tramp remake.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

All Disney movies are good and you should see them all in the theater.

:)

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I really want to know who, exactly, was clamoring for a Lady and the Tramp remake.

disney's accountants

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

kiimo posted:

All Disney movies are good and you should see them all in the theater.

:)

Ok trailer-bot, power off for now. Bzzt. :cheeky:

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

This sounds insanely horrendous, lol.

Ehh, I wanted to really like Valerian, but DeHaan and Delevinge ruined it for me. Pratt and Lawrence fit those character tropes better imo.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Disney knows it's "not that many people" so that is why they're putting it on Disney+ instead of theaters, so people already there to watch Lion king and Johnny Tsunami might just watch it since they're already paying $6.99/month for everything.

Slutitution
Jun 26, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Disney will never make an original movie again while also continue breaking all box office records.

I love Palpatine but goddamn

Daddy Thanos
Mar 28, 2019

by R. Guyovich
I love Lady and the Tramp and I don't want a live-CGI remake

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

teagone posted:

Ehh, I wanted to really like Valerian, but DeHaan and Delevinge ruined it for me. Pratt and Lawrence fit those character tropes better imo.

Did Delevinge have enough to do to really ruin anything?

Rihanna was the best part and should have been the main character. Just make the movie about a tragic shapeshifter.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

We also have

Mulan
Hunchback
Lilo and Stitch
2 Snow White Movies
Sword in the stone
Pinocchio
Little Mermaid
Peter Pan
Tinker bell
Prince Charming
The Black Cauldron
Cruella
Malificent 2

At least with Black Cauldron, the original was not a good movie (feel free to blame the studio loving with it hard in development). A new adaptation will have a chance to do it right.

The rest of those, OTOH, I'm not really feeling a need for them.

Daddy Thanos
Mar 28, 2019

by R. Guyovich

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

We also have

Mulan
Hunchback
Lilo and Stitch
2 Snow White Movies
Sword in the stone
Pinocchio
Little Mermaid
Peter Pan
Tinker bell
Prince Charming
The Black Cauldron
Cruella
Malificent 2

Sword in the Stone could actually be good. It won't, but it could be

Also they already made a live-action Peter Pan remake :dukedog:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Daddy Thanos posted:

Also they already made a live-action Peter Pan remake :dukedog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQBGmBOhQEE

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

wow can't wait for the we are siamese remix

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Random Stranger posted:

At least with Black Cauldron, the original was not a good movie (feel free to blame the studio loving with it hard in development). A new adaptation will have a chance to do it right.

The rest of those, OTOH, I'm not really feeling a need for them.

Why start with the Black Cauldron though? The Book of Three is the rightful place to start the Prydain Chronicles movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

I thought this was going to be Auralnauts-style shenanigans

This is a real thing?