Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shady Amish Terror
Oct 11, 2007
I'm not Amish by choice. 8(

KirbyKhan posted:

I dunno man, ol dude's youtube (14 subscribers how the gently caress did this thread find this treasure) has actual videos of battles. I guess it is a stylistic choice?

'Maximum Effort with Minimum Reasoning (and also its all a little broken)' seems to be this mod's entire essence, so it seems like pretty much the perfect trailer in that respect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Crossposting from the Red-letter media thread

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What're they gonna do with Resident Evil 2 Remake next?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkk6u3S53-Y

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

Crossposting from the Red-letter media thread

I've been binging RLM stuff the past few days and holy poo poo that's perfect.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I'm mostly surprised that Breen is an actual name. I thought they had made it up.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Cardiovorax posted:

I'm mostly surprised that Breen is an actual name. I thought they had made it up.

All names are made up, if that helps things

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Doom: Half Life 2 edition

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Final Fantasy Doom 13

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://twitter.com/NickolaiBoulton/status/1113864577039495169

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nero definitely has that shirt at home

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
whoops, wrong link:

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
For some reason I feel upset that they missed the obvious "Nerotu" pun here.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Hungry for some Halo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9p8poqOp90

But also just hungry

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1707499864&searchtext=

lol

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011

I don't understand what is happening there but I sure do enjoy it

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Wow, how have the comments not been taken over by the toxic piss-boilers that make up 90%+ of steam?

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

supergayboy posted:

I don't understand what is happening there but I sure do enjoy it

In the old days that might have phazed me. Now, it's just the internet being the internet.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

AJolly Wangcore plays Heart of Evil Napalm edition for the first time and slowly dies inside.

Context for Napalm edition's existence: Updates to Half-life and Counterstrike altered how pathing works for enemies which wound up breaking some of the older mods; Heart of Evil being one of them. LOOKING AT YOU BARNEY DYING WHEN THE MAP LOADS WHILE PLAYING THE MOD IN CS GOTY EDITION BEFORE THE TIME OF STEAM. So a bunch of fans of Heart of Evil decided to remake the mod but added a ton of unnecessary jokes and changed how to kill specfic enemies.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Aren't there two remakes of that mod, one on GoldSRC and the other one on Source Engine?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

AJolly Wangcore plays Heart of Evil Napalm edition for the first time and slowly dies inside.

Context for Napalm edition's existence: Updates to Half-life and Counterstrike altered how pathing works for enemies which wound up breaking some of the older mods; Heart of Evil being one of them. LOOKING AT YOU BARNEY DYING WHEN THE MAP LOADS WHILE PLAYING THE MOD IN CS GOTY EDITION BEFORE THE TIME OF STEAM. So a bunch of fans of Heart of Evil decided to remake the mod but added a ton of unnecessary jokes and changed how to kill specfic enemies.

This has become my new favorite vid of his. I was not at all prepared for this mod

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
A video on Space Marine Augmented, a mod for WH40K: Space Marine's multiplayer that add news weapons, as well as making it easier for new players to join.

Anyone got a link to this, or has tried it out? I played through Space Marine about a year ago, and I tried a bit the multiplayer, and I'm considering checking this mod out.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I thought Spess Mahreens multiplayer had died years ago.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
I don't think there ever really was much of one. Not the most popular game.

That said, here's a link to the mod. Should be on the download tab somewhere, ModDB pages are all the same.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Not really Relic's fault that THQ decided to launch an RTS studio's first ever 3rd person action game a week before Gears of War 3 released.
It's like THQ wanted to die.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Not judging, just pointing it out.

FWIW, for an RTS studio's first third person action game, I thought it was pretty drat good.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah, plot and other "canon" stuff aside, that game capture the feel of being a Space Marine like a charm.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Who gives a poo poo about canon when Titus is a more likeable character than Cato Sicarius will ever be.

Quicksilver6
Mar 21, 2008

I actually liked the plot and characters, which surprised me. I don’t care for the Ultramarines normally but they had good characterization there

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I thought the inquisitor reveal was genuinely clever. It was honestly really funny to look at all the hints you weere being given in retrospect. "Inquisitor Drogan. Yes. That's totally me. I am absolutely a fleshy human person thing. Report. :geno:"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Melta gun shotgun.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Nobody (sane) cares.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

The Orcs were great in Space Marine. Sorry, I mean SPAYS MAHREEN

spays mahreen?

SPAYS MAHREEN!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
SPESS

MEHRENS

ADVUNTS

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Arcsquad12 posted:

I thought Spess Mahreens multiplayer had died years ago.
When I played it last year (around the 4th of July), I was able to play quite a few games, thought I mostly died all the time.

The game was offered for freebie on Humble Bundle a while ago, and SEGA still supports the multiplayer (in that it's still running), so maybe it's had some new life breathed into it.

I guess the alternative would be Eternal Crusade, which I've not played, but I've heard mixed things. I would like to try it at some point.

Kikas posted:

Yeah, plot and other "canon" stuff aside, that game capture the feel of being a Space Marine like a charm.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Who gives a poo poo about canon when Titus is a more likeable character than Cato Sicarius will ever be.

I think the game does identify Titus as being the Captain of the 2nd company, meaning that he holds the postion that Cunto Shitarius normally fills.

That said, I am curious of what other canon/plot inconsistencies there are. I know bolters and melta guns aren't really accurate (the latter of which I wasn't aware of when I played the game), but I don't recall there being anything real flagrant.

Quicksilver6 posted:

I actually liked the plot and characters, which surprised me. I don’t care for the Ultramarines normally but they had good characterization there

:yossame: I wasn't quite as deep into WH40K stuff when I played the game, but even with what I did know, I thought Titus really shined as a character. He's sympathetic towards the struggles of the Guard, and his refusal to treat the Codex Aspartame as absolute gospel makes it seem like the devs were trying make a character that bucked the cliches related to the Ultramarines.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Apr 14, 2019

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Orv posted:

Nobody (sane) cares.

I care, it's loving great.

The codex astartes can support my right arse cheek melta guns were designed to be used on everything.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Max Wilco posted:

:yossame: I wasn't quite as deep into WH40K stuff when I played the game, but even with what I did know, I thought Titus really shined as a character. He's sympathetic towards the struggles of the Guard, and his refusal to treat the Codex Aspartame as absolute gospel makes it seem like the devs were trying make a character that bucked the cliches related to the Ultramarines.
Yeah, it was actually pretty alright. I'm not one of those people who actually take 40K stuff seriously (because loving lol) but the story of that game, while basic, managed to hit all the important points of a good action flick. Strong intro, mid-game climax, end-game climax, sympathetic supporting characters, protagonist who's in a bind with his bosses but knows when to flaunt the rules, it's all there.

The worst thing I can honestly say about it is that it's really nothing special, but I have no serious criticisms to give either, so that's really a cut above the average still no matter how you turn it.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Max Wilco posted:

I really liked Titus and Sidonius being portrayed as just having done this poo poo long enough to know what parts of the Codex are worth treating with real devotion, and what parts should be taken with a grain of salt, because they know inflexible thinking just gets you dead real fast in actual combat.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Cardiovorax posted:

The worst thing I can honestly say about it is that it's really nothing special, but I have no serious criticisms to give either, so that's really a cut above the average still no matter how you turn it.

The notes we got on what the sequel would have entailed would have made for an amazing plot. But just like how we'll never get an Alpha Protocol 2, Space Marine 2 just ain't happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Brainamp posted:

The notes we got on what the sequel would have entailed would have made for an amazing plot. But just like how we'll never get an Alpha Protocol 2, Space Marine 2 just ain't happening.

What were those notes? The first game had its problems, but it really captured the feeling of being a 1-tonne wrecking ball and I'm sad there won't be another.