Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Wait I cant do any of the next event if I havnt cleared the entire story? Well that sucks, Im only just starting the third area. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

My wife is trying to get through Solomon in the next week (she is mid Camelot) and she needs some more frands.

Sent as Stigrbrand

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

My wife is trying to get through Solomon in the next week (she is mid Camelot) and she needs some more frands.

Sent as Faran

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Crasical posted:

Y'know, I guess I never opened and looked at the full version of the art but I always assumed the Prisma Cosmos was Irisviel, not Illya.

Nice, though.

It's literally "what if we japanified the dress of heaven".

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Terper posted:

eat pant

Yeah, I finally finished the main storyline myself. Goetia blew through Okita, Mash, and Merlin with his Phantasm, and... died from a Waver's slow burn as a rando assist Chevalier comes in fresh to be like "Wait, what just happened?"

It was funny but you had to be there.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Sent as MonsieurChoc. Only one spot left!

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Sent as Eeepies.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Furnaceface posted:

Wait I cant do any of the next event if I havnt cleared the entire story? Well that sucks, Im only just starting the third area. :(

Yeah, it sucks. I think it might just barely be possible for me, and I'm in chapter 3 of Camelot. I basically have to complete about 7 chapters a day until the event to finish in time, but that's...a lot. Especially given how long a lot of these fights can take.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

:eyepop: sent, is that a waver jack and squirtoria I see

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
CCC is a long event and the story is time locked. Don't worry about missing the first week.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tae posted:

CCC is a long event and the story is time locked. Don't worry about missing the first week.

Ah, that's good to know. Though I think that school uniform has to be done in the next ~8 days!

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
It occurs to me that yet another stupid thing about DW's apparent "one re run, two years later for crossovers/one year later for seasonal events, that's it" policy; Along with the welfares, newer players have no way of getting the grails or lore they miss.

I honestly don't see why people would start FGO at this point. "Come for the 1% droprates with no pity timer, stay for the permanently missable content! (not that you can because you missed it)"

Tae posted:

That said, you really do need the whole duration if you want to fully clear it.

America, Camelot, and Babylonia all take significantly longer than the previous singularities, and also longer than each of the previous ones on that list.

I dusted off my old second JP account when CCC got rerun and cleared from like France to Solomon in around 4 days. I did have a ridiculously buff (just under 19k attack) Cuzilla carrying me, though.

That being said, CCC is probably a week off, or less likely, two. You've still got plenty of time.

Ytlaya posted:

Ah, that's good to know. Though I think that school uniform has to be done in the next ~8 days!

It's 5 AP, not very hard, and not locked behind anything, so get to it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

How soon do you get BB? My inventory is completely jammed up with embers I desperately need to get rid of.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
After the main story quests are all done, so you're in it for a bit

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

It occurs to me that yet another stupid thing about DW's apparent "one re run, two years later for crossovers/one year later for seasonal events, that's it" policy; Along with the welfares, newer players have no way of getting the grails or lore they miss.

I honestly don't see why people would start FGO at this point. "Come for the 1% droprates with no pity timer, stay for the permanently missable content! (not that you can because you missed it)"

The flip side of the issue is that if they did rerun everything, it would turn into 'All reruns, all the time' pretty soon, even speeding them up.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Hunter Noventa posted:

The flip side of the issue is that if they did rerun everything, it would turn into 'All reruns, all the time' pretty soon, even speeding them up.

they could just release the Welfare Servants in question in the Rare Prism shop or something and/or just put the stories of missed content in the Materials (I dunno if they do the second part, because I don't think I've missed any story content so far)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Reruns happen consistently enough you can describe some periods of this game as reruns all of the time, especially 2017 FGO which had 11. That being said, idk how you fix the new players missing out on stuff problem that isn't just "Do Granblue Side Stories" because gating old welfares to RPs still makes the issue of new players having no real access to them until they've invested a significant amount of time into the game where RPs would be a realistic prospect and doing old reruns is gonna make the game even more of a rerunfest and I doubt they want that. I think the only real compromise is side stories or they rerun old events and only allow them for new players, while old players keep doing their thing and they keep doing campaigns to try and keep new players up to speed.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Cuntellectual posted:

Are we too late for any of the welfare servants by this standard? If so that sucks, since I used the Christmas Jeanne/Saber Alters a lot on JP (though I have both Drake and Karna on this account, so I basically have my "AoE Rider/Lancer for farming" bases covered).

Cuntellectual posted:

It's 5 AP, not very hard, and not locked behind anything, so get to it.

It is locked behind the final singularity I believe. It's greyed out for me.

vvv Ah, so basically I only missed Caster Eli and Santa Alter. Could be worse, I guess, though still bugs me. edit: Kintoki is the one I was the most worried about, since he's extremely good. I grailed him to 90 in JP.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Apr 15, 2019

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the only permanently missed welfares as of now are casliz, santa alter, and nobu. kintoki, summer scath, brave liz and janta will be gone after this year.

also the ccc mystic code isn't very good

e: forgot some welfares

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

I took a break around Halloween so my caster liz welfare will be NP2 forever

Exia
Feb 12, 2014

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

Sent as Fujiri

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ahhh, I remember this Gawain fight. I remember being relieved at not having to kill him and then it immediately follows up with him having more HP, more moves, and you actually having to finish the fight.

edit: Also Gawain is a prick in this. I remember him being much nicer in the Fate/Extra games.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

just compare him to Tristan, then he'll seem like a saint

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

He’s definitely a prick in Extra

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
If anything Gawain's at his most assholish in OG Extra. He is a gag character for a good portion of CCC, a pretty nice dude in FGO CCC and a gentleman and proclaims his love of big titties, and I wanna say he at least has some pathos in Camelot.

He's kind of barely anything more than a noble knight in the Extella games, but he's not really there to do anything of significance so that's partially why.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Alright I'm getting one Archer up to par in time for CCC, do I go with Tristan or Emiya

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Emiya. Archerkins is the best, Tristan is in competition for being the worst.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Gawain's last words to Bedi in Camelot are pretty much dickmove.txt.

iirc from Extra he's an rear end in a top hat to all your servants but is largely fine toward the MC, but it's been a long time since I played Extra

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terper posted:

Alright I'm getting one Archer up to par in time for CCC, do I go with Tristan or Emiya

Tristan after NP buff has a real strong NP, but you guys don't have that yet and Emiya's gonna slot better onto more teams than Tristan will so Emiya.

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Oh Snapple! posted:

iirc from Extra he's an rear end in a top hat to all your servants but is largely fine toward the MC, but it's been a long time since I played Extra

Dude's kind of an rear end in a top hat yeah.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Captain Baal posted:

Tristan after NP buff has a real strong NP, but you guys don't have that yet and Emiya's gonna slot better onto more teams than Tristan will so Emiya.

Yeah, but that means I have to farm three extra hearts :(

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Get to farming, that man worked hard for those swords

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Gawain's problem is that he put his emotions ahead of his duty, which led him to make a bad call that resulted in the deaths of his king and himself, and the fall of Camelot. So he overcompensates by trying to be "the perfect, loyal knight" who obeys his Master without question, because he's afraid that if he makes his own decisions, he's gonna gently caress it up again. It never occurs to him that letting someone else make all his decisions for him is, in and of itself, a bad decision that he's already fully committed to.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

W.T. Fits posted:

Gawain's problem is that he put his emotions ahead of his duty, which led him to make a bad call that resulted in the deaths of his king and himself, and the fall of Camelot. So he overcompensates by trying to be "the perfect, loyal knight" who obeys his Master without question, because he's afraid that if he makes his own decisions, he's gonna gently caress it up again. It never occurs to him that letting someone else make all his decisions for him is, in and of itself, a bad decision that he's already fully committed to.

There's a phrase for describing this behaviour: "just following orders".

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Captain Baal posted:

Reruns happen consistently enough you can describe some periods of this game as reruns all of the time, especially 2017 FGO which had 11. That being said, idk how you fix the new players missing out on stuff problem that isn't just "Do Granblue Side Stories" because gating old welfares to RPs still makes the issue of new players having no real access to them until they've invested a significant amount of time into the game where RPs would be a realistic prospect and doing old reruns is gonna make the game even more of a rerunfest and I doubt they want that. I think the only real compromise is side stories or they rerun old events and only allow them for new players, while old players keep doing their thing and they keep doing campaigns to try and keep new players up to speed.

There's points where the game has nothing going on for 2+ weeks that could at least fit in SOME reruns.

Besides, it's not like the game is exactly generous with materials outside of events.

Oh Snapple! posted:

They're also completely nonsense, because Rhongomyniad doesn't even seem to know who Bedivere is, so it's unlikely she'd drastically change her plans because he asked.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

W.T. Fits posted:

And since Servants are essentially frozen in emotional stasis upon entering the Throne, he's doomed to continue making this terrible choice for eternity! [Extremely Emiya voice] being a servant is cool, and good

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
tristan is actually very good, mainly because he has a free team dodge.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Terper posted:

OG Emiya is basically useless until you finish his rank up/interludes, but then turns into a complete beast; Hawkeye gives 100% bonus crit damage at max level.

Tristan's NP is pretty good post interlude too, but he's really more of a semi-support (ala Nero Bride) than a primary damage dealer like Emiya. He's kinda like David, albiet without the Charisma, but he trades the basically useless Skill Seal for a significantly more useful offensive purge.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Cuntellectual posted:

They're also completely nonsense, because Rhongomyniad doesn't even seem to know who Bedivere is, so it's unlikely she'd drastically change her plans because he asked.

Rhongo starts to recognize Bedivere after he confronts her, not really remembering him but understanding he was once someone dear to her and seemingly in pain trying to deal with whatever forgotten emotions he's triggering to overwhelm her usual divine apathy. Hell, in a way she practically begs him to join her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

There's points where the game has nothing going on for 2+ weeks that could at least fit in SOME reruns.

Besides, it's not like the game is exactly generous with materials outside of events.

It's pretty rare for there to be more than a week of nothing happening, unless you're counting the week or two after new story chapters getting released as "nothing going on". 2019 has been rather hectic in particular, there have been only 15 days where we've not been in event mode so far.