Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/cjkwaqX.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Love the Iews

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Nuey Hewis and the Lews.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I guess that's a Throonien Gaami character but I still don't get it?

e: Oooh his name is actually Euron OK. Hah. Haa.

ee: Resilaria kehiin.

slowm
Sep 5, 2013

live slow, die whenevs
can someone explain what this is, or what this is from? tia :^)

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

slowm posted:

Anne McCaffery's Pern series.

slowm
Sep 5, 2013

live slow, die whenevs

RFC2324 posted:

Anne McCaffery's Pern series.
lmaos really?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

slowm posted:

lmaos really?

Yep. Later on in the series they find a supercomputer in a bunker left over from the original colonists, and it proposes riding the dragons into space to kill the thread at the source

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Fellis posted:

Yep. Later on in the series they find a supercomputer in a bunker left over from the original colonists, and it proposes riding the dragons into space to kill the thread at the source

this kills the thread

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Kinda funny when fantasy series suddenly throw in sci-fi. Might & Magic is kinda famous for that.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Kinda funny when fantasy series suddenly throw in sci-fi. Might & Magic is kinda famous for that.

Sci-fi is fantasy so makes sense.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Ghost Leviathan posted:

slowm
Sep 5, 2013

live slow, die whenevs

Fellis posted:

Sick, thanks!

slowm
Sep 5, 2013

live slow, die whenevs

Last Chance posted:

this kills the thread

One mans trash :tipshat:

Gokuweed420
Feb 1, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Intoluene posted:

Keep watching.

Holy poo poo lmao

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Dewgy posted:

My cat's the best of both worlds: Her belly's a trap, but she's such a dipshit that her biting and bunny kicks are completely harmless. Super sharp claws, just... absolutely ineffective if she tries to actually use them. :v:

Oh, that's when you know that your cat is polite. At least, that's my guess. Both of my cats will do very easy bites and some extremely low scratching when they don't want to be touched (but I'm touching them anyways). The bigger one also feels the need to lick the fingers after she does it, I guess to say "we're still friends."

She also likes to give a warning sign by licking your fingers before CLAW TIME.

Standard Measure
Sep 5, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

theflyingorc posted:

games that are already balanced around things getting easier when you level up: impossible to tweak the numbers and make easier. in fact, nobody could ever do it

I’ve been doing this for 13 years

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
But you try and tell the young people today that... and they won't believe ya'.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

slowm posted:

drat, i've never thought I'd see a meme I made at loose in the wild

they grow up so fast

edit: have the other one

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Deep cut!

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

:discourse:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I think it was planned all along, but I also didn’t realize how rapey the series was till it was pointed out ITT so what do I know

Fellis has a new favorite as of 15:49 on Apr 15, 2019

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Fellis posted:

I think it was planned all along, but I also didn’t realize how rapey the series was till it was pointed out ITT so what do I know

anne mcaffery was a really hosed up person even for a fantasy/scifi author:

quote:

"It's not a matter of the rider *emphasis* becoming homosexual. Green and blue dragons choose people who are already homosexual. And even if circumstances arose, and a green dragon chose a heterosexual lifemate... Well, he would become homosexual. It's a proven fact that a single anal sex experience causes one to be homosexual. The hormones released by a sexual situation involving the anus being broached, are the same hormones found in large quantities in effeminate homosexual males. For example, when I was much younger I knew a young man who was for all intents and purposes, heterosexual. He was mugged, and involved in a rape situation involving a tent peg. This one event was enough to have him start on a road that eventually led to him becoming effeminate and gay."

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah that's fine for games that have numbers like those dumb pretty boy damage counting games. But how're you gonna lower the numbers on a real game with no numbers like Resident Evil or Cuphead? See, you can't. If you hit that bullseye then all of Sekiro's meaning will topple over like a bunch of dominoes, knocking over the carefully constructed house of cards that is the difficulty.

Checkmate.

i want you to know i love how much this post is triggering my pedantry

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Hogge Wild posted:

How can you be this lovely of a person but also this stupid

e: referring to the quoted person, before anyone pretends to mistake my post as being about Hogge Wild

GladRagKraken
Mar 27, 2010

Hogge Wild posted:

Wow. when the only nice thing to say is that at least it's not Marion Zimmer Bradley level bad, it's pretty bad.

teethgrinder
Oct 9, 2002

Hogge Wild posted:

So that's why she and Piers got along...

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

teethgrinder posted:

yeah

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The male scifi/fantasy authors usually just write stories where all the hot young women constantly have their tits out and lust for the stand-in protagonist

The female authors are either normal and well-adjusted in comparison or they spend countless hours elaborating a hosed up sexual hierarchy with bullshit alpha/beta elements, forced homosexuality, rape, mpreg, knotting or God knows what else. McCaffrey is obviously in the latter category

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Hogge Wild posted:

:gonk:

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Same

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Last Chance posted:

this kills the thread

Don't sign your posts!!!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

teethgrinder posted:

The Color of The Tent-Peg in His Butthole

A novel of Xanth.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

theflyingorc posted:

numbers-driven titles like Sekiro

lol

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

theflyingorc posted:

i want you to know i love how much this post is triggering my pedantry

When you doubt your own ability to make your post look dumb enough so people don't take you seriously, always go for Zap Brannigan stupidy. 60% of the time, it works always; half the time.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

DiggityDoink posted:

I had a cat, Bender ("Boner", because the first day we got him, he went spread eagle, licking his red rocket), who would both bite and lick my fingers at the same time. He would also be allowed to be used as a catgun. He was the bestest of cats.

His brother Flexo on the other hand would only mildly tolerate the catgunning but he still allowed it and would curly up on my head when it was time to sleep.

I miss those kitties.

Weren't you talking about these cats in another thread? I can't remember where

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

DiggityDoink posted:

I had a cat, Bender ("Boner", because the first day we got him, he went spread eagle, licking his red rocket), who would both bite and lick my fingers at the same time.

unrelated:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Haha what are you doing doc that person has no money to pay you with doc haha