Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Westworld is Lost before it had an ending. It's mysteries in mysteries for the sake of mysteries, and I have no idea how it got as big as it did.

Siliziumleben posted:

Why did the Night King leave a spooky message at Last Hearth? What does he have to gain from doing that? I thought he was just a single-minded reaper of the living, not a fan of theater.
I didn't think we knew ANYTHING about the Night King. We got some spooky vision of the magic origin story and that he's got a good throwing arm - but I'm drawing a blank on motivations, plans, intelligence, society, ability, emotions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siliziumleben
Dec 4, 2003

The scientists' findings were astounding! They discovered that the powers of the Metroid might be harnessed for the good of civilization!

Goons Are Great posted:

Villains love to warn their enemies and explain stuff they plan to do before they do it, so that they can prepare. Imagine how effective this crap would be if the night king would just use undead Viserion to StuKa the poo poo out of Winterfell, burn the Dothraki and Unsullied real quick and gently caress off before Danaerys and Jon can stop loving for a second to mount Drogon and Rhaegal. Also, if he additionally carries one or two of those magical ice spears with him, those two dragons wouldn't even be an issue.
Those ice spears are just going to melt once the undead army reaches the more temperate climate south of Winterfell. Literally all Dany has to do is move her dragons to King's Landing to protect them.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Turns out after all he was nothing but a fan of drama, looking for a solid kick in life.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Theon’s whole story in this show is just people telling him to go somewhere else, but they always attach a mission so he doesn’t figure it out. Next episode Jon will send him back to the Iron Islands to deliver an important chair or pair of shoes or something.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I think the Night King’s “message” was less of a message and more of a mark/flag. “I was here. The dead own this now. Please turn off the candles and close the doors if you’re the last one to leave”

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

NowonSA posted:

Wargin' into one of those Dragons has to happen too, I really want him to make a Dragon do really un-dragon and humanlike behavior, like it have it pick up a tower and use it as a club or something. Holding out hope for some A+ Dragon action before the finish.

My first stupid thought about this was that Bran would warg the dragon into wearing pants.

The important question, of course, is would a dragon wear pants like this or like this.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

That pervy dragon face close-up looked a little too human...I think the dragon wargin’ has already occurred

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Theon’s whole story in this show is just people telling him to go somewhere else, but they always attach a mission so he doesn’t figure it out. Next episode Jon will send him back to the Iron Islands to deliver an important chair or pair of shoes or something.

I'm trying to think of the times where Theon's story hasn't been stupid since the show started diverging more from the book's storyline for him in Season 3.

Was it
A) That time where a bunch of ladies get naked and started having sex with him but oh no now Ramsey's coming for your balls
B) That time where Yara tried to rescue Theon but was dissuaded by dogs and Ramsey's nipples.
C) That time where Theon escaped with Sansa and they jumped off a tall-rear end castle into the river below and were fine
D) The moment where Theon realized he was immune to all balls-based attacks and this gave him his redemption.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
For years everyone’s been all “Bran is going to defeat the walkers by warging into a dragon” but id much rather see Arya infiltrate the night kings ranks by wearing the face of the dead dragon.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

The dialogue between Euron and Cersei was absolutely godawful, who the gently caress is writing this show now.

Then after saying all that, apparently she slept with him anyways?

Written and directed by a coffee boy.

maker
Jun 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

"Theon, you must leave now to winterfell to fight. What is dead may never die" *is on a ship in the middle of the ocean*

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Siliziumleben posted:

Why did the Night King leave a spooky message at Last Hearth? What does he have to gain from doing that? I thought he was just a single-minded reaper of the living, not a fan of theater.

He's been doing that since the beginning of the show.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Siliziumleben posted:

It's been established that they like toying around with their victims and scaring the pants off them and crap. I think the very first part in the books they're doing that.

No idea why Theon would think the Starks would want anything to do with him. But I guess if they're gonna know to retreat to the Iron Islands he's gotta be there.

And while I did like the episode the dialogue is absolutely *terrible*. I also cringed when I saw "Dave Hill" so I guess I just don't expect anything better.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Someone should have noticed that Daenerys and Jon Snow have ZERO chemistry and just rewritten what happened. It is painful to watch and I just feel bad for the two of them being forced to make out.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Kawalimus posted:

No idea why Theon would think the Starks would want anything to do with him.

He parted on good terms with Sansa and okay terms with Jon.

Siliziumleben
Dec 4, 2003

The scientists' findings were astounding! They discovered that the powers of the Metroid might be harnessed for the good of civilization!
Is Jaime going to be Bran's new Hodor? Pushing him, carrying him and holding the door for him?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Siliziumleben posted:

Is Jaime going to be Bran's new Hodor? Pushing him, carrying him and holding the door for him?

Fair penance.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Siliziumleben posted:

Golly I hope so.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Lycus posted:

He parted on good terms with Sansa and okay terms with Jon.

Somehow forgot all of this. But yeah he did help sansa now that i remember.

zenguitarman
Apr 6, 2009

Come on, lemme see ya shake your tail feather

Name's are cool and good except for the leader of the mercs his name was Mr. Lindberg or something, totally took me out of it.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

Somehow forgot all of this. But yeah he did help sansa now that i remember.

And Jon gave him a speech about being part of both his families simultaneously (hint hint wink wink) and filled him with the confidence to rescue Yara.

zenguitarman posted:

Name's are cool and good except for the leader of the mercs his name was Mr. Lindberg or something, totally took me out of it.

I really thought the show was going to change that because it's the most "English" name in the books, I think.

Lycus fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Apr 15, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
There really needs to be a Theon/Varys/Grey Worm mission

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

nopants posted:

yah he owns at names. the lightning lord. tormund giantsbane. dolorous edd. the mountain that rides. good name after good name

Dickon Manwoody

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

There really needs to be a Theon/Varys/Grey Worm mission

The fabled Ken Doll Crew.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Xanderkish posted:

Oh, no worries. We're all just folks yakking about a show, here.

I was curiously less-hyped for this season than previous seasons. I dunno if that's just because I've changed a lot in 9 years, if it's hard to sustain maximal interest in a show for 9 years, if the drat year and a half break took something out of my enthusiasm, or if I'm still thinking about how last season had an episode dedicated to a World of Warcraft raid. I'm still having fun, but I feel like I'm missing something that used to be there.
That one.

Did we ever find out why the white walkers communicate exclusively in mandalas made of corpses?
poo poo like this, and the stone circles and the weird island where Rhaegar and Lyanna were married, is what got me interested in GoT to begin with. I'm a huge fan of British stone circles and prehistoric archaeology, and I want answers from this show and they'd better be good ones.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Can someone clear this up for me?

Are Jon and Dany cousins or aunt and nephew?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

The latter.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I thought it was an overall decent episode, especially by recent standards. My main issue is around how unrealistically underused scouting/spies/little birds has been. The first few seasons were pretty much built on the vast amount of political intrigue and military strategy that came from all the intel that characters like Varys, Little Fingers, Tywin, even sometimes Robb Stark had received.

Now? Varys seems to have no more knowledge based. No one has knowledge of the White Walkers whereabouts apparently, no way to verify jackshit about the Lannister forces.

Also, Bran, the ideal guy who can provide info on all the current ongoings around the world, well, I suspect he's been secretly spending a lot of his vision powers to stare at Jaime's antics to finally time a perfect troll job at Winterfell. The fall from the tower only gave him a taste of that Lannister twincest, and he's probably seen a lot more since.

Anyone annoyed that Cersei gave Euron poo poo before boning him, what did you really expect? It was pretty in character and plus it would've come off pretty weird if after being asked for a "private" conversation she simply said "yes" followed by that post-coitus scene.

It also finally hit me that Euron is a spitting image of Josh Jackson from Dawson's Creek.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer

trickybiscuits posted:

I want answers from this show and they'd better be good ones.

You are going to be disappointed.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

Vintersorg posted:

Jon is Dany’s nephew (her brother is Jon’s dad). He’s cousin to Sansa/Arya/Bran because his mother is Ned’s sister.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
So where's Jon's wolf at?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Ego-bot posted:

So where's Jon's wolf at?

Dany's wearing him.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

It’s cool they can’t even keep a coherent vision of winterfell’s town within the same episode or even the same cgi sequence somehow.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

Darko posted:

Targs are SUPER about incest - that's their entire family.

Yeah my assumption is basically:

Jon snooze: "Yo so I'm your nephew/the rightful king"

Dany T: "That's so hot"

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

kater posted:

It’s cool they can’t even keep a coherent vision of winterfell’s town within the same episode or even the same cgi sequence somehow.

If so, I don't think many people are nerdy enough to notice something so insignificant.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I just had to check a wiki to make sure I didn’t imagine the scene from last season where Arya tries to convince her former pet wolf to come back to Winterfell. It’s such a crazy thing to summarize in words as the payoff to a plot thread from the third episode.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

With the new credits it feels like we're never seeing or hearing anything from Essos or Dorne again which I guess I don't really mind

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I’m ok with Dario being one of the four characters who actually gets to escape the show and be alive.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Solice Kirsk posted:

The fabled Ken Doll Crew.

Better than my ‘Team How Do They Piss’ suggestion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

I’m ok with Dario being one of the four characters who actually gets to escape the show and be alive.

Did we ever find out exactly why Dario was recast?