Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Shima Honnou posted:

How the hell do you kill the Corrupted Monk in Mibu? I'm out of divine confetti and not good enough to chip his health down before getting killed, but his posture recovers too quickly for a posture kill. I get the feeling anti-air is supposed to come into play but if it is I can't get it to work any of the times he jumps.

dodge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJ-ykBwOmhA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Shima Honnou posted:

I guess I can go through Senpou but the spear ronin there are harder than Genichiro was imo so I haven't finished that area off yet.
The trick to the battle monks is to jump attack constantly because if you're lucky you'll knock them out of the air and onto their rear end for some free hits and if you're really lucky you get a midair deathblow.

Also you can stealth kill most of them and use bloodsmoke to stealth kill the pair outside the main hall.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Deified Data posted:

What combat art/prosthetic tool are you guys taking into SS? What's the biggest bang for your buck?

I did it with Praying Strikes Exorcism and mostly using Raven Feather or Firecrackers

Exorcism combo is fast and cancels easily so I would use if after every attack I made that wasn't deflected. It does pretty decent posture damage and me stay aggressive.

Raven Feather was good for "oh poo poo" moments, and Firecrackers let me heal or spam them at the start of phase 3 for taking out a big chunk of his health

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Or the speedrunner approach: snap snap snap, ash ash ash ash ash, deathblow. (Couldn't find a video of this outside of speedruns, potential spoilers at the end of the video.)

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

World War Mammories posted:

mostly in a temple place that you probably haven't been to yet. for context, apparently in japanese mythology centipedes are icons of corruption and stagnation, and there are some fellas who are doing some grody poo poo and getting 'pedes for their trouble. you'll murder the poo poo out of them for their heresy. good luck!
how difficult is that section/how long is it? like can i just run thru it?

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Deified Data posted:

What combat art/prosthetic tool are you guys taking into SS? What's the biggest bang for your buck?

Shadowrush is what I liked the most, he never blocked it or the follow-up aerials when you leap. Instant gap-close and good damage, great way to make sure he never gets a breather.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Hra Mormo posted:

Shadowrush is what I liked the most, he never blocked it or the follow-up aerials when you leap. Instant gap-close and good damage, great way to make sure he never gets a breather.

This has been my experience too but I'm wondering if it's the most efficient use of spirit emblems. One hit from this plus the aerial attacks was taking him from zero to a quarter on his posture bar.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

cargo cult posted:

You don't have to kill any of the centipede enemies in the temple (you can't anyways, until you finish said area), they're basically stationary and you can just walk around them. Unless you get closer than like 3 meters to these enemies, you won't even see the centipedes either.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

later on in the game you have to hug and kiss the centipedes and then one becomes your sidekick and follows you everywhere and at the end sekiro marries a big centipede

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Cowcaster posted:

later on in the game you have to hug and kiss the centipedes and then one becomes your sidekick and follows you everywhere and at the end sekiro marries a big centipede

And they live happily ever after in that one specific hallway from RE7.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I'm happy to hear people are successfully beating the final boss, but also finding it tricky. I've been working for three days and finally think I'm at a point where I can execute long enough to finish all four phases. There have definitely been moments where I think I'll never overcome it though.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Shima Honnou posted:

How the hell do you kill the Corrupted Monk in Mibu? I'm out of divine confetti and not good enough to chip his health down before getting killed, but his posture recovers too quickly for a posture kill. I get the feeling anti-air is supposed to come into play but if it is I can't get it to work any of the times he jumps.

She only has two ways of closing the distance to you, one of which is a big slow leap that leaves her open to damage. If you don't mind feeling a bit cheesy, just run away from her and bait out her jump attack.

CRAYON
Feb 13, 2006

In the year 3000..

Double Ichimonji is a great way to punish CM's slower attacks.

What is the prosthetic that can stun DoH and does it work like fireworks do on other enemies? I can get to the third phase without too much trouble but it requires a lot of my resources so some stun would probably get me over the edge.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Shima Honnou posted:

in addition to what everyone else has said she's a departure from most bosses in that she's most dangerous at point-black range - in particular she has an upward swipe that will break your guard and tear through your health if you're right up against her when she busts it out. stay three or four paces away from her at all times and her attacks are a lot easier to parry

don't bother parrying the five-spin attack at all, though - it has a huge tell (she always starts the fight with it and stomps the ground before she starts spinning) and she's wide open for a good 2-3 hits after the final spin

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
The best speed run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FQUcwbIYMc

Trudis
Mar 23, 2008

This is the Dawning of the Age of Hilarious

CRAYON posted:

Double Ichimonji is a great way to punish CM's slower attacks.

What is the prosthetic that can stun DoH and does it work like fireworks do on other enemies? I can get to the third phase without too much trouble but it requires a lot of my resources so some stun would probably get me over the edge.

Malcontent is the one you're looking for. I'm not sure if there are diminishing returns on it, or that he gains immunity after a certain number of uses, but I only used it for his third phase on NG+ and it worked multiple times. (I didn't know about it first time around and beat him without it).

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Deified Data posted:

I literally unequiped all my combat arts and shinobi tools. But the best idea I can give is the purple firecracker, you can drop it when hes jumping towards you and hit every time. Save it for second to last phase, handle last phase by LIGHTNING REVERSAL

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dat GA fight :monocle:

Though the slowbro fight against the bellboy is a strong contender for second best fight

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Got an extra bit of damage from the monkeys, as well as the Mortal Blade. Not by beating the spear guys mind you because that's just not feasible no matter how much I jump around but by learning that you're invincible while opening the door so I just ran in and rested as fast as I could to reset them.

Oh no wonder I can't get loving ceramic shards to work I thought you were supposed to land that poo poo where you want someone to go, like every other game, not actually directly hit them with it which I assumed would aggro the gently caress out of them.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Maybe you should invite the spear boys that look like they're covered in straw from head to toe to take a puff of your fire pipe

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Trudis posted:

Malcontent is the one you're looking for. I'm not sure if there are diminishing returns on it, or that he gains immunity after a certain number of uses, but I only used it for his third phase on NG+ and it worked multiple times. (I didn't know about it first time around and beat him without it).

It works a max of 3 times. It's best to save it for Phase 3 like you did.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

cargo cult posted:

I guess I'll spoil this

basically there are eight or nine monk mummies sitting around in a couple buildings throughout the zone, essentially stationary and nonaggressive. if you disturb them they will sprout an eight-foot centipede that tries to murder you. you don't need to kill or even interact with any of them at all to beat the game - I think one early on is in front of a gourd seed but nothing more valuable - and they can't chase you. beyond this, there are, uh... three or four bosses that have a giant centipede inside them, but you never fight an actual centipede skittering around as a boss, just ones wearing humanoid flesh suits that you rip out and stab during the deathblow. also, there are two minibosses with "centipede" in the name, but neither are actually centipedes in any way, they're just weird voldo lookalikes.

also, if you look very carefully at the ground in the temple's main hall, there are realistically-sized centipedes skittering around, but they're just cosmetic effects rather than enemies

in all honesty I think you'll be fine

VVV correct

World War Mammories fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Apr 16, 2019

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Centipedes are an abomination before God and should be exterminated with prejudice

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

What's yall's thought on creators intent vs inclusivity regarding difficulity and accessibility of this game for disabled people?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

HenryEx posted:

Maybe you should invite the spear boys that look like they're covered in straw from head to toe to take a puff of your fire pipe

They still beat the poo poo directly out of my rear end but with a minor DoT applied to them.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Ulio posted:

What's yall's thought on creators intent vs inclusivity regarding difficulity and accessibility of this game for disabled people?

equal amounts of centipedes for everyone

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Ulio posted:

my thought is: we've had this page-spanning argument three times already, stop bringing it back

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Cowcaster posted:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Cowcaster posted:

Finally.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Jan posted:

Or the speedrunner approach: snap snap snap, ash ash ash ash ash, deathblow. (Couldn't find a video of this outside of speedruns, potential spoilers at the end of the video.)

This is amazing.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Anytime there’s not a centipede on the screen, all the characters should be asking where the centipede is

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
As we learned full well from my cool friend Ned Kelly Valtr several years ago, if you cannot see the centipede, you are the one with the centipede.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

s.i.r.e. posted:

This is amazing.

Yeah, I'm not sure what makes this work, maybe the same logic that allows air deathblows on True Corrupted Monk? But I'm definitely gonna have to try it on a NG+. :haw:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
The real centipede was the friends we killed along the way :unsmith:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Bosses in this game are oftentimes not aggroed when you walk into the arena, they just appear there like normal enemies (Chained Ogre is another example). They expect you to just walk up to it, which aggroes it automatically, but if you instead sneak around you can avoid its line of sight and stay in stealth. Corrupted Monk can't be backstabbed because it's too tall, but like the "real" version, it IS vulnerable to the air deathblow.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Jan posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure what makes this work, maybe the same logic that allows air deathblows on True Corrupted Monk? But I'm definitely gonna have to try it on a NG+. :haw:

I don't think it's work on the real one since she isn't an illusion so Snaps wouldn't work, but you can get the Aerial deathblow on phase 2.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

More like friendipede :kimchi:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

s.i.r.e. posted:

I don't think it's work on the real one since she isn't an illusion so Snaps wouldn't work, but you can get the Aerial deathblow on phase 2.

You can skip phase 1 and 2 with deathblows, and it’s funny every time.

BIG ENTRANCE, FLOURISH!

*stands around twiddling thumbs, gets stabbed in the neck*

I’LL SHOW YOU! FEAR MY MAGIC POWERS!!!

*gets stabbed in the neck*

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

You can deathblow the first phase 1? How, by doing the same thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
If you're fast enough (a gachiin sugar helps) you can grapple up to the tree it lands underneath while it's jumping in, and you have just enough time to get the deathblow before it notices you.