Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Have any right wingers ever offered to go on trapo or challenged them to a debate? I know they get poo poo talked by randoms but any one of note?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jippa posted:

Have any right wingers ever offered to go on trapo or challenged them to a debate? I know they get poo poo talked by randoms but any one of note?

Matthew Walther went on early in and it devolved into him praying while Amber yelled at him about abortion which is why it's only on YouTube, it ruled

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Robby Suave (or however the gently caress you spell his name) from Reason magazine was on an early episode, too.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

I Before E posted:

Matthew Walther went on early in and it devolved into him praying while Amber yelled at him about abortion which is why it's only on YouTube, it ruled

Amber’s Indiana-ness could not be contained in that one. Like a woman with a couple of shirtless chubby gradeschool boys arguing with another woman with shirtless chubby gradeschool boys in a Walmart. It was pretty good

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Their genuine opinion seems to be to never give right-wingers the benefit of the doubt so I don't think they're super inclined to invite them on so they can decorum with them which is good

Serf
May 5, 2011

GANDHITRON posted:

Robby Suave (or however the gently caress you spell his name) from Reason magazine was on an early episode, too.

i loved the part where he said he loved capitalism because it gave him lots of options for where to get his videogame reviews

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
The Sauve episode is one of the few times I've had to take a breather from a podcast because I felt so embarrassed for someone.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Jippa posted:

They have twice as other posters have said. Both times it was talking to a loving wall.

Will has said that there’s literally nothing to be gained by it, especially post 2016. It’d just devolve into a Shapiroesque 80 right wing talking points per minute charade.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Amber sounds like she's in a good mood for the latest Shapiro-review episode. :allears:

And Matt and Will are having a good time. I think I'm going to enjoy this.

And Felix is on point. This is a lot more fun that I was expecting when they started summarizing Shapiro's book.

"We will see you in Ireland, or as we call it, Israel II."

prefect fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Apr 16, 2019

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Jippa posted:

The Daily Shoah did and their response is why I started listening to Chapo.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
drat, that was forever ago, what episode was that? I've been thinking about relistening to some of the early episodes from the 2016 campaign trail.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpyjtdfK1II

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I kinda miss "calling in from a bathroom" Matt.

Holy cow, it was Red Kahina who got them to start paying their guests. :psyboom:

prefect fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Apr 16, 2019

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

GANDHITRON posted:

This one was baller because Soave would say "I just, y'know, think there are things that, y'know, the government could interfere less" without giving examples. When pressed to give an example (education), Matt would immediately lay into him about how that's just a project to make the rich richer and reduce everyone else to serfdom, and Soave had no answer. It was almost painful to listen to this cringing schmuck get torn to shreds.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Apr 16, 2019

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Matt is such an MVP when it comes to confronting libertarian assholes.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Halloween Jack posted:

This one was baller because Soave would say "I just, y'know, think there are things that, y'know, the government could interfere less" without giving examples. When pressed to give an example (education), Matt would immediately lay into him about how that's just a project to make the rich richer and reduce everyone else to serfdom, and Soave had no answer. It was almost painful to listen to this cringing schmuck get torn to shreds.

Soave really disappointed me. He was all about "here's this one anecdote about ridiculous government overreach (or stupid college kids)" and then act like that was a convincing argument.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

I Before E posted:

It owned and more radical pro-lifers need to be confronted by women like this.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the soave ep is great because he talks about the kids he knew in college using michigan's food stamp program to buy beer which doesn't make any loving sense.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Everyone has some weird loving anecdote about foodstamp abuse and you'd come out ahead nearly every time if you assumed they were bullshit.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

the soave ep is great because he talks about the kids he knew in college using michigan's food stamp program to buy beer which doesn't make any loving sense.
You'd think he could at least bring up drugs, or eminent domain, or petty poo poo like licensing hairdressers. I could make a more compelling case for stupid beliefs I despise than he can for the ideology he espouses, professionally. Whose nephew is he?

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

i kinda miss early chapo when they were willing to be edgier and felix actually put effort in instead of relying on the crutch of weirt rambling ending with "you love/hate to see it"

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
Will said the C word (the bad one) in this new episode and I am going to blog about it

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Molly Klein thinks we make $5000 a day."

They're up to just over $4000 a day right now. Who's laughing now, kapo yacht house?

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Amber's comment about jews that try to endear themselves to wingnut christians really resonated with me. it makes me think that in a past life, Ben Shapiro was a converso that tried to demonstrate his Catholic faith sincerely, only to get burned at the stake anyway

Forums Terrorist posted:

i kinda miss early chapo when they were willing to be edgier and felix actually put effort in instead of relying on the crutch of weirt rambling ending with "you love/hate to see it"
quote this post if you remember the Chapo Death Threats

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

get that OUT of my face posted:

Amber's comment about jews that try to endear themselves to wingnut christians really resonated with me. it makes me think that in a past life, Ben Shapiro was a converso that tried to demonstrate his Catholic faith sincerely, only to get burned at the stake anyway

It was so funny how the second there was a whiff that they might have something they cut that poo poo out really quick.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Forums Terrorist posted:

A few months ago Will said politicians should call the Trump family cunts on the floor of the House

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

Kobayashi posted:

A few months ago Will said politicians should call the Trump family cunts on the floor of the House

"Anybody out there, if you see David Frum please just spit in his face." - Will Menaker

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

The 2016 USPOL thread was the first time I tried to stay up-to-date with “real” politics and I remember someone recommending chapo after the first or second episode, but I just heard them talk about fitting deaths for bad people and said “I have no idea who they’re talking about.” It wasn’t for a few weeks that I got bored and started listening in earnest.

Did they ever re-create USPOL after the election? I just remember the week long debate about raw milk, that reoccured a few times.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chakan posted:

Did they ever re-create USPOL after the election? I just remember the week long debate about raw milk, that reoccured a few times.

It's still around but it seems to generate about 10000 posts per day of what I'm sure is useless pedantry.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

There was a separate Trump thread for #resistance types to get mad about tweets but now it's all mashed together and moves too quickly to ever read.

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Until now I thought Red Kahina was Anna from Red Scare.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

hell yeah, though the duck hunt it morphed into was also good

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Forums Terrorist posted:

hell yeah, though the duck hunt it morphed into was also good
One fun aspect of the early ones was beefing with absolute DC nobodies like the guy who all I remember is his handle starting with an underscore?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I wasn't around for "Chapo death threats," but one part of the second Cthulhu campaign that stuck out to me was Virgil convincing Will not to perform a trepanation on a Barron Trump expy. I wonder if he did it as a GM or just as someone who didn't want a call from the Secret Service.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

If past lives are real, Ben Shapiro was busy committing genocide somewhere.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
lmao

https://twitter.com/jonfavs/status/1118549592633532416

selec
Sep 6, 2003

The left wing of the party are running the table.

After 2016, I think that the conventional wisdom among more centrist Libs considering a run was that you should adopt Sanders’ platform and that would neuter him in ‘20. But the same dumbshit cargo cult politics that make them think if they run to the center they’ll pick up GOP moderate voters blinkered them here. They don’t get that if people are getting the real deal from either the Bernie wing or the GOP, they’re not going to go for some watered down substitute.

Their other problem is that since they adopted Sanders’ platform (yes, a hollow imitation that only rhymes, but still) they are seen as having already submitted to the progressive wing, which isn’t a recipe for not having to submit more. So now we get to force the candidates to make pledges around fundraising that they will have to break, and in fact are already. And we get to force Think Progress to apologize for their attempted ratfucking. And now Harris has to apologize for this policy.

They thought that you just bend the knee once and that you are done. They don’t understand that they will keep having to bend it now or suffer the backlash.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I mean they could adopt a Sanders platform and then betray the people, but that will only buy you time and make the situation worse. I agree with those who say that if Hillary had won, there would have been this celebration of victory over evil followed by, y'know, evil. I don't think people will be fooled like they were with Obama.

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Jonny Fav Aces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I think the real problem they're gonna face in the primaries from adopting Sanders' platform is that it means they can't attack him on anything substantial