Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I don't think it's any one particular task, it's the experience in general. What I used to like about Warframe and what kept me logging in daily was having an open list of options and being able to choose what would help me increase my power and make the harder challenges more accessable. Like getting corrupted mods, or upgrading focus abilities, or unlocking fortuna stuff so I can try Baruuk or Hildryn. The point is I used to log in and thing 'what do I want to do today?

Now, I feel like I log in and am given a list of stuff I have to do or I miss out on exclusive mods and cosmetics. And that sucks. Being free of it feels good, and my point is that one should not ever feel good about being 'free' of a rewards system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Mesadoram posted:

I've been seeing a metric gently caress ton of Mirage Prime players using this bad boy: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Synoid_Simulor

They are just nuking maps like its no ones business.

Would you believe me if I told you modern Simulor is a fraction as powerful as it once was?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Lightning Knight posted:

Would you believe me if I told you modern Simulor is a fraction as powerful as it once was?

That is a horrifying prospect...

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

PoE update hitting all consoles today, per the official twitter.

e; ooh, and per the app. When did they start using that to push update notifications?

Pipski fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Apr 16, 2019

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Oh neat, I wasn’t paying attention. Do we get the atlas deluxe skin out of it?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Mesadoram posted:

That is a horrifying prospect...

It used to go through walls lol, it was pretty amazing. Tbqh I don’t think they nerfed it because it was too strong, they nerfed it because Simulor Mirage would crash PCs and consoles on defense farming missions.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Plains remaster is up, along with spring platinum discounts until the 30th (starting tomorrow for EU).

E: Spawn in all ready to see the beautiful plains remaster...

...aaand it's night.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Apr 17, 2019

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Lightning Knight posted:

It used to go through walls lol, it was pretty amazing. Tbqh I don’t think they nerfed it because it was too strong, they nerfed it because Simulor Mirage would crash PCs and consoles on defense farming missions.

Oh no, on the Switch build it was literally a maximum damage full map nuke. Something in their netcode bugged it out so if you were a client using mirage/simulor, every single spawned enemy on the entire map took millions of damage and caused the entire game to skip about 2 seconds calculating it all.

I'm told they unfucked it in the new PoE build, at least.

pech
Jul 19, 2004

Poe is really great now. I did all my daily standing in about 5 minutes just capturing animals while wandering around. So much better than doing bounties

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
Is there a way to get free Warframe spot? Like as a reward for a quest or something? I looked at the pricing and everything is ridiculously expensive (in my mind). I fudged my starting 50 plat by mistake and only bought 1 extra warframe spot. I only have 3 now and already 2 warframe. I have almost all the mat for a 3rd one, but after that, I don't want to sell warframes to create new ones.

Also can I get an invite to the ps4 clan? My psn is Soda_Pepinski. Thanks

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

New Wave Jose posted:

Is there a way to get free Warframe spot? Like as a reward for a quest or something? I looked at the pricing and everything is ridiculously expensive (in my mind). I fudged my starting 50 plat by mistake and only bought 1 extra warframe spot. I only have 3 now and already 2 warframe. I have almost all the mat for a 3rd one, but after that, I don't want to sell warframes to create new ones.

Also can I get an invite to the ps4 clan? My psn is Soda_Pepinski. Thanks

The Nightwave has a free slot.

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Anyone on PS4 with access to the right side of the syndicates willing to trade for stuff on the left? I'd like to get one or two of the augments for Nekros (through Perrin or Red Veil) and Zephyr (Red Veil or New Loka). I'm also happy to just pay you plat.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Get me a a capture for arbiters and I can throw mods at you, I forget the specific one I need though

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
14 Axi 04 and not a single Oberon Prime drop. 1st Meso E2 and I get Equinox Prime Systems to complete the set.

I don't get this game sometimes...

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Raptor1033 posted:

Get me a a capture for arbiters and I can throw mods at you, I forget the specific one I need though

Ok, I’ll work on my Arbiters rep.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Every time I get five minutes to log in and see what the new plains look like, it's bloody night time.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
For the love of god don’t try and farm thumpers. You will want to kill yourself

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
They just drop random plains junk, you don't need to farm them for the floofs.

Also, can I get an invite to the switch Clan (if it's not to full, I normally play on the PS4) username Anora1

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Thumpers are probably better farmed with invisibility of some form so they're not moving so much. I may try it with Loki + Itzal later today. Nova would be good too. Prioritizing those alert birds they start to emit at the halfway health mark makes it a lot quieter.

They drop quite a lot of useful loot, animal parts and gems, but they're sadly not quite the standing pinatas that Exploiter Orb is for both OV standings. The latter drops a Lazulite Toroid worth 12,000 VS standing and a couple dozen gems worth 1000 SU standing each. Thumpers drop about 8 nysts a run and that's with a booster, worth 400 standing each. Thumpers are way faster to run than Exploiter, so it's not a fair comparison anyways.

Still a good and useful fight if you don't for eg want to go fishing for murkray livers and stuff like that.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
They’re the only place the new fists drop if you don’t want to spend 150 plat on them. 2.5% chance for the T2 thumper, 5% for the T3 thumper, doesn’t drop off the T1 at all.

loving lol, the grineer text on the korrudo translates to “DEATH IS REAL”

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Raptor1033 posted:

For the love of god don’t try and farm thumpers. You will want to kill yourself

Yeah, I'm disappointed. I was hoping the thumpers would be a fun and easy way to get materials, rather than riding around in circles on a K-Drive until getting bored.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Supposedly they have audio and visual clues you can be in the lookout for but I have no loving clue what they are

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Just scan the horizon for a hershey's kiss that's bouncing around, you can see them as far away as you can the Eidolons.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
But aren’t they buried until they sense someone nearby to attack?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Not all of them.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Catalyst vs Forma invasion on PS4

Baro disappoints again

edit to clarify: the Prisma Cleavers are great, I've just had them for years

KDdidit fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Apr 19, 2019

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Ooh, Prisma Grinlok. I liked the grinlok, I will like this even more.

mentalcontempt
Sep 4, 2002

Hmm. I picked up Shell Shock and the Prisma Dual Cleavers. Can’t decide if I should buy any of the other electricity mods or Primed Fever Strike. I assume the latter is useful for viral melee builds.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Got the cleavers, rest of them I either already have or are poopy.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

mentalcontempt posted:

Hmm. I picked up Shell Shock and the Prisma Dual Cleavers. Can’t decide if I should buy any of the other electricity mods or Primed Fever Strike. I assume the latter is useful for viral melee builds.

Might as well get all of the mods, a lot of builds seem to be set on having all four.

Does the Grinlock mod from syndacates count for the Prisma versions?

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Syndicate mods can be placed on faction and prime variants, yes.

It’s why my prisma skana is such a good stat stick

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
What Discord should PS4 goon use?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Every time I play Mesa it reminds me how loving absurd she is.

Wish every frame was as crazy fun as she is. Bullet jumping into gun-katas while being almost invincible (as long as you have energy) is such an amazing feeling.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Anora posted:

What Discord should PS4 goon use?
I have no idea how Discord works, and the last time I was given a discord to add to the OP I got a bunch of posts saying it had expired or something, so no idea. I think most people use the PS4 community Warframe Goons and the phone app.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A channel in the PC Discord would make sense, I'm already on there since 90% of my questions/responses aren't PS4 specific.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My PC fried so I'm going to give this a go on the PS4 or Switch. What frames and weapons should I go for if I'm hot garbage at aiming with a controller?

e: actually this is probably a question that belongs in the main thread

Blast of Confetti fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 27, 2019

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Blast of Confetti posted:

My PC fried so I'm going to give this a go on the PS4 or Switch. What frames and weapons should I go for if I'm hot garbage at aiming with a controller?

Motion control makes aiming much easier on both those consoles. Semi auto can be tough still but there are so many good beam, AOE, full auto guns in this game that I didn't find controller aiming to be the chore it usually is for me.

Depends on the gun too for semis. Snipers like Rubico Prime feel great, but RIP Tiberon Prime since it needs too many shots to get the job done.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Blast of Confetti posted:

Mesa lol.

For weapons, Atomos, Amphrex, Synoid Simulor, explosives if you don’t mind self killing all the time, Sonicor, any long melee weapon.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Also Ignis and Staticor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008
What's an easy way to make credits? I have a lot of crap that I can forge but no credits right now.