Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

haveblue posted:

reportedly the phone also comes with a layer of plastic on the screen that looks a whole lot like one of those temporary covers to protect it during shipping. but it's not, it's supposed to be left on permanently even though it's easy to remove and looks like you're supposed to

what foul torture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
https://twitter.com/tvbrad/status/1118584386771931136

lmao internet of things

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Hypnospace Outlaw's mouse-wagging trick is the purest expression of how technology really works. It makes no sense, and no one in-universe understand why it works, but they just shrug and make do.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

NoneMoreNegative posted:

99% sure this would be poo poo-awful to actually use but drat if it doesn't look the part :o:

these are always about $89 and im always so tempted despite the mild reviews

FMguru posted:

i remember in the early 00s these were touted for cases where a mechanical keyboard would be problematic (a biolab with hasty pathogens was one example) but i guess ipad-style sheet-of-glass touchscreen keyboards have taken that niche

thats the kicker, they make them with bluetooth and a virtual trackpad so the dream continues

wait these are dirt cheap now: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MR26TUO

Agile Vector fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Apr 18, 2019

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

99% sure this would be poo poo-awful to actually use but drat if it doesn't look the part :o:

those were all over ces the one time i went 12 or 13 years ago. they look cool but are poo poo, mostly because finding a big enough uncluttered flat surface to type on is actually kind of difficult.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I guess you can download a car

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Fabricated posted:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the mpaa tried to warn us

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

Fabricated posted:

infernal machines posted:

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Fabricated posted:

I imagine the only reason this didn’t happen earlier was because Car2Go used to use Smart cars exclusively, and who the hell would want to steal one of those? When they switched to new Mercedes they probably should have done a serious security audit...

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

LanceHunter posted:

I imagine the only reason this didn’t happen earlier was because Car2Go used to use Smart cars exclusively, and who the hell would want to steal one of those? When they switched to new Mercedes they probably should have done a serious security audit...
Also if you want to steal a Smart car you can just pick it up and walk off

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fabricated posted:

Also if you want to steal a Smart car you can just pick it up and walk off

i actually hit something on the way in to work today. it was either a beer can or a smart car.

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Fabricated posted:

infernal machines posted:

Nice!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

LanceHunter posted:

people kept abandoning the car2go smarts on my street two summers ago. left the windows open for days and the rain got in lol.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
i miss the smart cars because the great thing about car2go was parking it in any city space. the smart cars could easily go around downtown and fit into spots no one else would even try, so you always had parking. yeah it is nice to carry a bicycle or big cargo sometimes i guess, but i miss being able to go anywhere in downtown and park instantly.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

M
O
T
O
R
C
Y
C
L
E

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Sagebrush posted:

M
O
T
O
R
C
Y
C
L
E

Yeah nah. Don't want to be at the bottom of the food chain on the road.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
motorcycles are self harm

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

the only vehicle more dangerous to ride on the road than bicycles

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
motorcycles are far safer than bicycles when riding on the road. motorcycles are designed for roadway safety and speeds. they can keep up with traffic and have regulations for both the motorcycle and the rider.

none of that applies to bicycles. neither the bicycle or its user are roadworthy in any way.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

well sure not if you're on the road too, shags

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

oh hey this conversation again!

Since no one mentioned it this time: responsible motorcyclists wear safety gear that would be really impractical for cyclists to wear (full helmet, armored gloves, boots, jacket etc).

I feel 1000% safer on a motorcycle keeping up with traffic than on a bicycle, even in seattle, getting passed by grumpy drivers swerving around me.

bicycles are a relic, hand over your lanes and a new world awaits you, we demand it.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
"its so impractical for me to be safe!" yells the bicyclist as he plows through pedestrians.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its equally impractical for motorcyclists to wear safety gear but its worth it for them since they can actually go places on a motorcycle

ADINSX
Sep 9, 2003

Wanna run with my crew huh? Rule cyberspace and crunch numbers like I do?

Shaggar posted:

its equally impractical for motorcyclists to wear safety gear but its worth it for them since they can actually go places on a motorcycle

Its not equally impractical, all of that gear increases weight and even perforated/mesh gear would get hot when your body is the engine. Not to mention imagine exerting yourself with a full face helmet on, it would be gross.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Chris Knight posted:

car2go smarts

these are cyber cargo shorts

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
this is why bike lanes should be physically separated

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
lmao motorcycles are ~14 times more dangerous than bicycles in terms of fatalities

why y'all gettin shaggared

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Krankenstyle posted:

the only vehicle more dangerous to ride on the road than bicycles

but enough about electric rental scooters...

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

don't engage it

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

haveblue posted:

this is why bike lanes should be physically separated

agreed. and cars should be banned from city centers where people are trying to get places

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

people love to engage bicycle stymie

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

graph posted:

people love to engage bicycle stymie

One might say we're... Bike Shedding over this?

:smugdog:

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

They call it The Rocketeer because of the design and because it protects your head from swinging to far back when you get inevitably doored and sent flying.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Volmarias posted:

One might say we're... Bike Shedding over this?

:smugdog:

bike shegging ?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
bike shagging

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lmao motorcycles are ~14 times more dangerous than bicycles in terms of fatalities

motorcycles go places so its not really equivalent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

what if motorcyclists running down bicyclists