Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also WOTR 2 is def more apocalyptic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
:rip: west coast avengers, you were to cool for this sick sad world.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I say this everytime but the fashion in Miles Morales Spider-man is awful.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

I'm here for Jane Foster, regardless of what her codename is.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Did they ever explain why the Dark Elves became more like the Thor 2 version? and why Freya lost her weird Lilandra-like helmet?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
im glad jane is coming back but that costume sucks. janethor looked amazing why didnt they just stick with that

Speak
Jul 20, 2001

"Education Professional" model Doombot

site posted:

im glad jane is coming back but that costume sucks. janethor looked amazing why didnt they just stick with that

Because she's not Thor.

Also, disagree. It's a different look, but no Dauterman design is a bad design.

Also, that interior art is crazy good.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Beta ray bill isn’t a Thor and they just let him be one.

It’s a story you can do whatever no one cares

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's a Thorse.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Where's that Throg in all this?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Skwirl posted:

He’s rolling with Asguardians of the Galaxy, I think?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Asgardians of the Galaxy.

Is that book worth reading? I’m a huge Thor fan, and want to grab whatever tie ins that are good.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Skwirl posted:

Unsuccessfully trying to save the frogs of Central Park.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Asgardians of the Galaxy.

Is that book worth reading? I’m a huge Thor fan, and want to grab whatever tie ins that are good.

It's fine as an action team comic but it should be hella gay, and instead it's only been a bit gay, which is a shame considering the amount of queer characters in it. To me, it's better than most of Bunn's reliably mediocre stuff, because he does seem to bring it with Brunnhilde and Annabelle Riggs, but it's not essential reading and I'm pissy about Angela and Sera still deserving better than what they got.

Moving forward, War of the Realms will affect it, which could be good or bad depending on how they can use the developments, which they surely knew about going in.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

drilldo squirt posted:

:rip: west coast avengers, you were to cool for this sick sad world.

They killed Mr. and Mrs. X, too

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Defiance Industries posted:

Oh. darn it. I hate when they cut back on my pull list for me.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
july solicits

e: i will be picking up this book

site fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Apr 18, 2019

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Unsuccessfully trying to save the frogs of Central Park.

Noooooooo! Man I just read the original Simonson issue with the frogs.

Edit:

STOP CANCELLING BOOKS I LIKE, MARVEL! :argh:

Also that July Iron Man solicit is saying that Carol's fallen off the wagon. God loving dammit. I hope at least that's something that's coming up organically in her own book and that Slott didn't just throw it in.

Yvonmukluk fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Apr 18, 2019

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Oh WHAT!?

:(

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Yvonmukluk posted:

Also that July Iron Man solicit is saying that Carol's fallen off the wagon. God loving dammit. I hope at least that's something that's coming up organically in her own book and that Slott didn't just throw it in.

no it says that tony is the one who fell off

i guess i missed it in last months (or i just forgot) but it looks like there's a certain forums poster doing a black cat book

e: why change up ms marvel's costume, it's such a good look!

e2: i guess amy reeder and tamra bonvillain are no longer on moon girl??

site fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 18, 2019

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

site posted:

i guess i missed it in last months (or i just forgot) but it looks like there's a certain forums poster doing a black cat book

I noticed that too, good job Vulpes!

and that Hotshots solicit 👀

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

site posted:

july solicits

e: i will be picking up this book

This radiates lesbian energy so I will read it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Roth posted:

greg pak is co-writing it so you should be reading it anyway!

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I knight Greg Pak as an honorary lesbian

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Alaois posted:

and that Hotshots solicit 👀

yeah its a cool cover

Roth posted:

that was my impression as well

site fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Apr 18, 2019

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

site posted:

I'm not sure about Bonvillain (does Marvel list colorists in solicitations?) but Reeder hasn't been co-writer of Moon Girl since the third story arc which ended about two years ago.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Edge & Christian posted:

I'm not sure about Bonvillain (does Marvel list colorists in solicitations?) but Reeder hasn't been co-writer of Moon Girl since the third story arc which ended about two years ago.

sorry, i meant natacha bustos, the artist

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alaois posted:

greg pak is co-writing it so you should be reading it anyway!

Wait I reread the solicit, there's two stories, one written by Zhou Leifen and one written by Greg Pak.

There's also Swordmaster with the same setup, one story written by Shuizhu and one by Pak

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

site posted:

e: why change up ms marvel's costume, it's such a good look!

Yeah, but it says Tony can't be her sponsor, so presumably she also fell off the wagon to need one.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Yvonmukluk posted:

Yeah, but it says Tony can't be her sponsor, so presumably she also fell off the wagon to need one.

That's not what a sponsor is. If Tony was her sponsor when she first got sober he could continue to be her sponsor even if she never drinks again.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Alaois posted:

Wait I reread the solicit, there's two stories, one written by Zhou Leifen and one written by Greg Pak.

There's also Swordmaster with the same setup, one story written by Shuizhu and one by Pak

It's because these are localizations of previously China-only Marvel comics with Pak writing exclusive back-ups for the English releases

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

It's because these are localizations of previously China-only Marvel comics with Pak writing exclusive back-ups for the English releases

yeah i found that out after some digging.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
whats the chinese word for comic so i can correctly categorize the book my new wife is in

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

site posted:

whats the chinese word for comic so i can correctly categorize the book my new wife is in

Manhua (漫画)

Also i cant wait to read those insane secret warps minis

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Skwirl posted:

That's not what a sponsor is. If Tony was her sponsor when she first got sober he could continue to be her sponsor even if she never drinks again.

Oh, OK. I don't know anything about AA.

Also kinda weird Tony's going to come up with some new science-based solution to alcoholism, when apparently there's apparently effective medication-based solutions that already exist. Like, maybe try those first, Tony!

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Slott is doing an aggressively dumb story in Iron Man right now where he built like the best best virtual reality ever where everything feels realer than real but bad guys hacked it and then gave people real guns and jetpacks and banned the good players and gave admin powers or something to trolls and the trolls unwittingly drove cars over people and shot real people and decapitated real people they thought were elves or something, and his evil mom and dad AIs convinced him to drink in the VR game which made him drunk in real life so uh

I assume this story will follow this trend.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Edge & Christian posted:

Slott is doing an aggressively dumb story in Iron Man right now where he built like the best best virtual reality ever where everything feels realer than real but bad guys hacked it and then gave people real guns and jetpacks and banned the good players and gave admin powers or something to trolls and the trolls unwittingly drove cars over people and shot real people and decapitated real people they thought were elves or something, and his evil mom and dad AIs convinced him to drink in the VR game which made him drunk in real life so uh

I assume this story will follow this trend.

Jesus Christ.

What happened to the Dan Slott who wrote Great Lakes Avengers and Spider-Man/Human Torch? Where'd that guy go?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Kamala's new costume, as seen in the solicits: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/get-an-exclusive-first-look-at-kamala-khan-s-new-costume?linkId=66292945

I'm guessing it's just for this space adventure, though.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I know her outfit's explicitly designed to accommodate her stretching powers but man that looks just uncomfortable to move in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

site posted:

I dunno how many extra sales Vulpes gets from being on here, but it's at least one.

From the July solicits I'm planning to add a shocking number of books to the pull list... I haven't had this much from a big 2 publisher in years.

I have no idea what Infinity Warps is. Looks like it was some weird mini from last year. Was it any good?