Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

ManlyGrunting posted:

I looked up the second ending out of curiosity and it was so much worse than I could have imagined :stare:

You want some coffee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Is it truly a 100% run if co-commentators don't post pics of their cats / respective animal friends? :thinky face:

Where is this Xander? Post the Xander please. The thread wants to know how fluffy this Goth Cat is. Pretty please? Dirt Road Junglist, please. Where's the kitty kitty?

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

value-brand cereal posted:

Is it truly a 100% run if co-commentators don't post pics of their cats / respective animal friends? :thinky face:

Where is this Xander? Post the Xander please. The thread wants to know how fluffy this Goth Cat is. Pretty please? Dirt Road Junglist, please. Where's the kitty kitty?

Oh god, you're right! My negligence is astounding!

He is mostly fur, some cat. He also likes to scare people, like my former roommate:

SOOON.

Also, he claims to be a tuxedo cat, but based on his markings, it's really more like lederhosen.

https://www.instagram.com/p/hkf2VRgSyv/

(Not sure how to embed Instagram without potential fuckery, sorry.)

Dirt Road Junglist fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Apr 19, 2019

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
He looks very fluffy indeed.
I wish this was a thread about cats instead of YIIK now.
The only cat in YIIK is a mangled mess and a failed visual reference.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

He is mostly fur, some cat. He also likes to scare people, like my former roommate:

SOOON.

Also, he claims to be a tuxedo cat, but based on his markings, it's really more like lederhosen.

Want to touch that kitty so bad.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

DeafNote posted:

He looks very fluffy indeed.
I wish this was a thread about cats instead of YIIK now.
The only cat in YIIK is a mangled mess and a failed visual reference.

Maybe Dali will grow into something handsome? Xander's OG cat mom said she adopted him because he was the runtiest, ugliest kitten in the humane society, and look how handsome he is now! (He knows it, too. He's very vain. I had to bathe him once because another cat peed on him, and he was so unhappy until his fur fluffed out again.) I'm going to pretend Dali is a small, ugly kitten that will get better because he's a cat and all cats deserve a decent life.

Xander facts: He was named after Xander Cage in xXx

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

SOOON.

Speaking as someone with two tuxedo cats, they are deviously smart little bastards.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
What a coincidence. My mom also has a cat named Xander. She likes sleeping on top of things you want to use, like laptop cases, suitcases, or paperwork.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Nidoking posted:

What a coincidence. My mom also has a cat named Xander. She likes sleeping on top of things you want to use, like laptop cases, suitcases, or paperwork.

I want to hug her until I have visible cat hair on any color of clothing I wear.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

gently caress yes gently caress YES!!! Kitties! Man, the game sucks but I'm glad this thread exists. Thank you for posting your cats and kitty kitties, everyone.

GrandmaParty posted:

Want to touch that kitty so bad.

Emptiest Quote!

Nidoking posted:

This pa-purr weight owns bones :kimchi: What a soft looking kitty!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

This game is so bad that I think it needs more cats to help keep away the suffering.

Lucy:

Lily:

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
i made something for exactly this situation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R0wY4aiCEw

uhh sorry if ive posted too much of my own poo poo in this thread

these are all great cats

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

thevoiceofdog posted:

these are all great cats

No I like people posting stuff and having fun. Also you're great.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
It's not my thread, but I'm loving the cat content :yeah:

IUG posted:

This game is so bad that I think it needs more cats to help keep away the suffering.

Lucy:

Lily:

Neither of them look terribly impressed with their portraits, but they are both beautiful kittehs. My IRL goon_friend's mom had a cat like Lily who used to sit on my lap while I house-sat. They also had 3 giant black labs who wished they could sit in my lap, but I'm not very big and they are each VERY big.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

thevoiceofdog posted:

these are all great cats

I get the feeling we'll need even MORE cats as we get toward endgame. And this video's great!

IUG posted:

Lucy:

Lily:

That they have their own portraits is the best part of this.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

GrandmaParty posted:

and then sleeping for roughly 25 straight days before endgame.

Oh, so they didn't pick up the "surprise, we fast-forwarded, now pay up all that money you expected to be able to actually earn" aspect of Fable 3?

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
This is Kismet.

She has strong opinions about the temperature, the definition of post-modernism, and what time food should be in her bowl.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Here are my mom's cat, Sukha:

and her kitten, Shakti:

Shakti loves games:

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I knew this thread would turn into a cat thread, and I am all for it. (allthough I am sure there is a thread for it somewhere?)
Not like those sidequests are worth talking about before the next update comes around and all cats shown so far are pretty:

This is Clouseau.

He's kinda dumb and whiny, but I love him.

And there's Colette.

She acts like she owns the house, as cats are want to do.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

This thread took a very nice detour. Unfortunately I have no cats to share.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

get that OUT of my face posted:

This thread took a very nice detour. Unfortunately I have no cats to share.

All pets are acceptable.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
My mom has been getting chemo treatments and has been pretty miserable and bed-bound so we got her a cat. I don't have a photo of him but he has basically carried her through it emotionally by being the sweetest boy. I am very grateful to this good cat friend because I live several states away and can't be there all the time. :3:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Heath posted:

My mom has been getting chemo treatments and has been pretty miserable and bed-bound so we got her a cat. I don't have a photo of him but he has basically carried her through it emotionally by being the sweetest boy. I am very grateful to this good cat friend because I live several states away and can't be there all the time. :3:

Oh man, that's rough. Hope your mother makes it through that just fine. Glad she has a cat for that, my aunt used to be up to her eyeballs in stress before she got two cats to just constantly pet while she works. I can't really grab any pictures of them at the moment though.

Also, I can't believe this is still the Yiick thread.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Ramos posted:

Oh man, that's rough. Hope your mother makes it through that just fine. Glad she has a cat for that, my aunt used to be up to her eyeballs in stress before she got two cats to just constantly pet while she works. I can't really grab any pictures of them at the moment though.

Also, I can't believe this is still the Yiick thread.

It's a long stretch between Thursday and Monday and people really want this game to end.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

GrandmaParty posted:

It's a long stretch between Thursday and Monday and people really want this game to end.

I also really want Jimmy to start. I've been watching voice of dog's streams of the game and boy is that game on point.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty

Heath posted:

Aw, that's so sweet! I had a lovely cat friend named Jake when I was recovering from surgery a few years back, and he legitimately helped me heal. He passed away recently, but he was like 18 and lived a very full life.

Also, this is Biska, Xander's former companion when I first moved out here. She's since found a new cat mom, and is still the prettiest lady. (It's Portland, she needed some time with the happy lamp.)

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER! This is Thor, aka, the Thorgi, goon friend Relentless's most adorable pupper.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Solitair posted:

I also really want Jimmy to start. I've been watching voice of dog's streams of the game and boy is that game on point.

Jimmy's so cute I want to draw it fan art and I can't draw for beans.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
https://twitter.com/TheLordOfLard/status/1119659260105773056

lol why am i not surprised that a :yiikes: dev would be all in on the "LOL TRIGGERED" meme especially regarding why his game (rightly) went over badly

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

https://twitter.com/TheLordOfLard/status/1119659260105773056

lol why am i not surprised that a :yiikes: dev would be all in on the "LOL TRIGGERED" meme especially regarding why his game (rightly) went over badly

The dev has been going super hard in on "My game cannot fail, it can only be failed!"

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

"Because people said my game is bad for various reasons, all games are not art! I didn't fail at my games, games failed as art!"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the reason he couldnt write that transformation well is he hasnt had it in real life yet

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
what an unrelenting clownshoe this man is. what a chowderhead. what a four-flushing jamoke.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
But Alex does undergo a transformation and develops as a character, you dunderheads!

Some NPC at some point said he'd changed, after all :v:

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Endorph posted:

the reason he couldnt write that transformation well is he hasnt had it in real life yet

This, basically. It really is a maturity thing. While people write all the time about experiences they've never had, as it's very common to take different perspectives through the lens of empathy, there's no real substitute for experiencing things first hand. Him getting mad about it shows that he doesn't really understand the material he's trying to write about.

But on a less serious note, have my newest kitty. At my folks suggestion we named her Pansy. When she's a good kitty, she's like the flower. When she's not... well, probably the first thought you had upon hearing the name.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Picture a speedrunner who runs from everything and skips all the bosses and then gets told by an NPC that he's the greatest warrior of all time, except for personal growth instead of fighting

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

There has been literally no character growth, unless we’re talking about maxing out his SPD stat.

Alex started an rear end in a top hat, was an rear end in a top hat throughout the game, then got told by his super Waugh that he was actually an amazing hero responsible for destroying the universe, and apparently that explanation is his personal growth.

WTF.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

skeleton warrior posted:

There has been literally no character growth, unless we’re talking about maxing out his SPD stat.

Alex started an rear end in a top hat, was an rear end in a top hat throughout the game, then got told by his super Waugh that he was actually an amazing hero responsible for destroying the universe, and apparently that explanation is his personal growth.

WTF.

And then he bitched about having to take the bus after his revelation. Truly a more grown character.

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it
nobody tell him about the sales for MGS or Undertale or <insert acclaimed art game of your preference here> he'll have an aneurysm

...actually, do tell him about those

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I mean, Heaven’s Vault is less than a week old and has already proven superior as a game, art piece and presentation of a bunch of flawed characters who aren’t always likable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Kchama posted:

The dev has been going super hard in on "My game cannot fail, it can only be failed!"

I'd like to know what it is with this guy and that Dick Masterson guy. He clearly adores the guy, what with the fact that he went on Masterson's podcast and even wrote him into the game, but why him specifically?